• XDA Forums have been migrated to XenForo. We are aware of several issues including missing threads, logins not working, and more. To discuss, use this thread.
  • If you are experiencing issues logging in, we migrated and software and made it more secure. We recommend trying to reset your password.

[ROM][PORT][4.2.2] MIUI V5 for E970

ChummyDays

Sep 18, 2012
Nashville
I can just put this in my public Dropbox folder and share the link, right? I downloaded it a few days ago...

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/38404808/miuiandroid_multi_e970_4.4.4_jb-4.2.zip

Edit: Download is live
Thanks for the mirror...dropbox links are disabled after a certain amount of downloads though....I'll try to upload it to mega or something today if I remember :p

Sent from my LG-E975 using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 07:23 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:17 AM ----------

Anyone else having problems logging into kik?

Sent from my LG-E970 using Tapatalk
Hmm I don't have a kik account but I tried to make one for testing purposes and got this error... Is the same one that you get when you try logging in?

hoose23

May 10, 2012
---------- Post added at 07:23 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:17 AM ----------

[/COLOR]

Hmm I don't have a kik account but I tried to make one for testing purposes and got this error... Is the same one that you get when you try logging in?

Yes that was the same error message but I figured it out. For some reason muiu was blocking it in there permission app. Simple uncheck fixed the problem. Thanks for your help though. And does anyone know if I can get lte on this rom? And does anyone else's signal drop very often

ChummyDays

Sep 18, 2012
Nashville
Yes that was the same error message but I figured it out. For some reason muiu was blocking it in there permission app. Simple uncheck fixed the problem. Thanks for your help though. And does anyone know if I can get lte on this rom? And does anyone else's signal drop very often

Yeah I get LTE...the signal was crappy by default because of the APN settings but go to page 7 and follow my instructions...you will get the same/better signal than the stock ROM with those settings :)

Reactions: hoose23

hoose23

May 10, 2012
Yeah I get LTE...the signal was crappy by default because of the APN settings but go to page 7 and follow my instructions...you will get the same/better signal than the stock ROM with those settings :)

Thank you! Worked like a charm! :)

ChummyDays

Sep 18, 2012
Nashville
Any idea why there is no miracast menu?
Whatcha mean?

Sent from my Optimus G running MIUI v5

---------- Post added at 06:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:25 PM ----------

Can u please mirror this ROM?? Dropbox download fails at 115Mbs..
:)
Sorry I didn't mean to ignore you... I don't have any file hosting accounts but I'll look into it today

rahulkrathod

Oct 9, 2010
London
Whatcha mean?

---------- Post added at 06:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:25 PM ----------

Sorry I didn't mean to ignore you... I don't have any file hosting accounts but I'll look into it today

I mean the wireless screen mirroring to HDTV. There is no menu to cast the screen.

ChummyDays

Sep 18, 2012
Nashville
YAY! looks like the awesome people at xiaomi.eu included the e975 this week.

I've ported it over and everything is working so far :) you can dirty flash the ROM if coming from my 4.4.4 port...just remember to wipe cache

I finally got an account other than dropbox so my links won't get suspended:

Hit thanks if you download it please: http://www.mediafire.com/download/e597zm5mpd7ztxg/miuiandroid_multi_e970_4.4.25.zip

some users over on the n4 forum had the good idea of combining MIUI with the xhalofloatingwindow mod...it basically gives you qslide on MIUI...ive been loving it...you can install it on WSM and it seems to be functioning 100% properly.

Last edited:

ChummyDays

Sep 18, 2012
Nashville
Well I synced my Google account from Settings>Accounts>Google. The sync process completes within few seconds but contacts are not appearing in my phone book or anywhere else.
Huh? My contacts appear automatically a few minutes after logging into my Google account. I've never manually synced.

When you are in address book, do you have contacts from xiaomi account or Google account selected?

Our Apps
Get our official app! (coming soon)
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone