[ROM][PORT][7.1.2][N950F/DS] LineageOS 14.1 & Resurrection Remix for Note8 (Exynos)

Search This thread

Shuuin

Jan 10, 2016
Samsung phones don't use fastboot. And the build on SourceForge is Sascha's build with currently broken kernel. But don't worry. I spam him everyday on Telegram to give me a working Oreo kernel . He's working on AOSP every day. So just wait guys. Development would be a lot faster if Samsung gave us Oreo. But it seems like they want to update their older flagships first(S8, S7E).

Ohm, i have official Oreo build on my note 8 ?

TheMadScientist

Recognized Contributor
This thread is closed as it does seem abandoned and quite off topic.....
Let clean up the language guys and try to keep it on track....

Changelog:

10-10-2017: Added Resurrection Remix 5.8.5 Port - RIL works partially, IMEI and Baseband works.
I have closed your thread here,
If You decide to update, Just let e know and I will open it back up for ya:good:

toole

Dec 1, 2013
That's why I'm glad I left Samsung. Oouff.

Sent from my PH-1 using Tapatalk

I was one of the hopeful ones too.

I love my Note 8 and I've got used to touchwiz. However it would be nice to have LineageOS or even RR on our device.

I just don't think it's going to happen. 7 months this thread has been open for and there is nothing to show for it.

I've never asked for a ETA. The OP can't even be bothered to reply to anyone here.

I'm not disrespecting any developer and I know I could do anything better myself. But I'd at least let people who are interested know what's happening.

Reactions: kumuyi and ndy090

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    [ROM][PORT][7.1.2][N950F/DS] LineageOS 14.1 & Resurrection Remix for Note8 (Exynos)

LineageOS 14.1 & Resurrection Remix Port for Note8!

LineageOS-Cover.png

First out of all, I'd like to thank @Fevax for making it possible as well as giving me permission to port it to Note8. I would also like to thank @farovitus for letting me use his awesome Notorious kernel! You can thank them by liking their posts and donating to them! :)

What’s working
    Audio
    Bootanimation
    Brightness Level
    Bluetooth
    Microphone
    Wi-Fi
    LED
    All sensors except fingerprint reader
    SD Card
    S-Pen with hovering

What’s not working
    RIL (calls, sms, microphone, data) - Doesn't work at all :(. But I'm trying to fix it too. Note: In Resurrection Remix, RIL works partially, IMEI and Baseband detection works, but other stuff is still broken
    NFC
    Camera
    Fingerprint reader
    Torch
    Wi-Fi Hotspot
    MTP - Trying to fix it.

Guide:
    1. Download Lineage or Resurrection Remix from below.
    2. Download OpenGapps.
    3. Wipe system, data, cache, dalvik.
    4. Flash Lineage and then Gapps.
    5. Enjoy!

Download:
    Resurrection Remix 5.8.5 Note8 (Exynos)
    LineageOS 14.1 Note8 (Exynos)
    OpenGapps - ARM64 - 7.1 - PICO
    Telegram Group for Note8 Ports.

Credits:
    @Fevax for Lineage and permission to port it :) -- Donate to Fevax
    @farovitus for letting me use his awesome Notorious kernel! -- Donate to Farovitus
    @dylanneve1 for motivation and help with porting!
    @TimurAlaskara_TR for his YT video about the rom!

YouTube Review:

Source:
    S8 Lineage XDA Thread

XDA:DevDB Information
    [PORT]LineageOS 14.1 for Note8 (Exynos), ROM for the Samsung Galaxy Note 8 (2017 Phone)

Contributors
    ProtoDeVNan0
    ROM OS Version: 7.x Nougat
    ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x
    Based On: LineageOS

Version Information

Created 2017-10-07
    Last Updated 2017-10-07
    There's a new version of Lineage 14.1 which is almost fully stable and RIL and stuff works. But soon we should have a "more official" release with even more stuff that works. So soon I will post the update :).
    treble for note 8? how?

No treble for note8.
    There is a possibility that we will get treble with android 9.0 (most likely march), but in order to do that, they will have to replace /cache with /vendor , and have updates be installed in recovery mode from /data/ota .
    It's just too much work for the back-end stuff regular users are not gonna notice.
    So there is just a 0.1% chance that we will get treble.
    It would be cool if it happened but don't get your hopes up.
    It is so irritating that phones like J4 and J6 can have treble but the 2017 FLAGSHIP can't.
    Of course, they were shipped with oreo.
    But even /cache solution is a tricky one.
    /data partition is encrypted, so if they can't get the stock recovery to read it, then either no OTA updates, or no treble.
    And they can't make a new partition because our /data partition is at the end of GPT, in our case sda21, and we would have to format the /data to create /vendor.
    See where I'm going with this?
    If sda21 was system, and sda15 was data, they could just wipe, repartition, and install system files and vendor files. Only thing we need from samsung is treble kernel support and to slightly modify vendor files. Of course, treble COULD be ported over, but it would be buggy.
    We can port it because, here on XDA, we know how to backup and restore, so formatting /data doesn't do that much, but for someone who can barely make a call, it wouldn't do the job.
    And that's why samsung will most likely skip treble for 2017 flagships. Note8 was released september 2017, and they already knew about project treble, so they could have just left 500 mb of unpartitioned space, and there... I mean OnePlus did it with 5 and 5t
    It was most likely because it would be weird to have s8 that doesn't support treble, and to have a Note8 that does. At least from samsung point of view.
    As for Lineage OS, there will HARDLY be a bootable lineage 16, let alone a bugless masterpiece that is a GSI (or semi-GSI) just because more and more developers are leaving the Note8 development, even those who created modified samsung experience ROMs.
    So there is the situation with our Note8.
    Wrote this just to clear thing up once and for all, because there are people who don't fully get it and have to search the internet for hours and not find an answer.
    Wow! Screenshots please!

Sure. But I'm fixing bugs currently so I just have two.

24c7hmq.jpg
    b4uera.jpg
    Is this ROM still in development or is it abandoned?
    Like I said, nougat is done. I wait now until rr Oreo comes out. A Oreo los15.1 is already ready