[ROM][PORT][9.0.0][dumpling]Pixel Experience for 5T[05.09.2018]

Search This thread

MyStyle0714

Sep 3, 2016
Taipei
What's this?
First of all, I'm not the original developer.
He post it on other Chinese forum, and I am just to ask for his permission and post it here.
All credits to Coolapk user: Tutoo.

This is an unofficial build of Pixel Experience Pie for Oneplus 5T (dumpling).
The original is for Oneplus5, you can find it here : Click here
The dev make a port version of this

What's working :
  • Boots
  • RIL (Calls, SMS, Data)
  • Fingerprint
  • WiFi
  • Bluetooth
  • Camera (but same as other Pie ROM, a little laggy in third apps)
  • Flashlight
  • Camcorder
  • Sound / vibration
  • GPS
  • AOD
  • Hotspot
  • NFC
  • VPN

And device specific addition (same as OP5 thread)

Known issues:
Permissive
or other issue same as OP5

Fingerprint gesture to view notification also not working
But you can try the solution provide by @Sabissimo at #16
Although that didn't work for me, some report they success, still looking into the problem
If that work for you, don't forget to give him a thank

If you find any bugs, you can PM me or leave comments below, I'll reported it to original dev

Instructions :
  1. First, backup your data to PC or laptop
  2. Second, you HAVE TO wipe data,system,cache AND INTERNAL STORAGE (some reported that it didnt boot if no wipe internal storage)
  3. Third, flash the ROM and No verity zip (In my case, I use v3, but it seems with no problem)
  4. Now you can boot up your device, it'll boot up TWO TIMES, and this is normal

CAUTION !!!
Version1 already include Gapps,Magisk (16.7), firmware, gcam and Redflare kernel (1.13 build)
So it is unnecessary to flash other zips

But in Version2, it didn't have firmware, but with Magisk (17.1) and Redflare kernel (1.16 build)
you guys need to take notice of this

Downloads:
Because original was on Baidu Cloud, and it may block some countries IP (Example: Taiwan)
So I upload it to Google Drive
If it is needed to upload to AFH or other cloud, just PM me, I'll upload it when I'm free

Here is the GD link:Version1
Version2

Credits:
Coolapk user "Tutoo" for his awesome work
and XDA user @bhageerathreddyy for help testing

Because of the forum rule, TG group link are not allow to post publicly here.

ROM OS Version: 9.x Pie
ROM Kernel: Linux 4.4.152, RedFlare EAS kernel
ROM Firmware Required: TWRP, Unlocked bootloader
Based On: AOSP

Last edited:

MyStyle0714

Sep 3, 2016
Taipei
Version 2 changelog:
  • VoLTE reset on reboot Fixed
  • Proximity Sensor Fixed for FP and Gestures (Now phone won't start dialling numbers when in your pocket )
  • Added more Off screen Gestures and fixed V gesture
  • Improved OMNI slider switch
  • RedFlare kernel 1.16+
  • Linux 4.4.154

(Well... I copied these from original 5's thread. Don't forget to thank him for fix !!)

Last edited:

rijads

Apr 16, 2011
Sarajevo
This was much faster than expected for this rom, been swapping between this and OOS, will have to test this tonight and Pie for the first time, ty for fast release.

benmooney

Aug 8, 2009
HI, just flashed this. Looks and feels good but the fingerprint swipe gesture doesn't seem to work properly, It treats it like arrow keys and navigates around the UI.

fowzanaamir

Sep 27, 2017
This was much faster than expected for this rom, been swapping between this and OOS, will have to test this tonight and Pie for the first time, ty for fast release.
Can u tell me dose it includes the adaptive battery and gcam ? And how are the animations ? And notification slider options

Sabissimo

May 12, 2014
Tbilisi
@Sabissimo how long does the boot took for you ? im on google bootanimation but nothing has happened since last 5 minutes ! can you also explain your installation process !

First boot took about 1 min max. You have to be decrypted, flash rom, flash noverity (I flashed v3) - and you should be good.

---------- Post added at 11:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:00 AM ----------

i did what you wrote,
now swiping doesn't do anything

Well, it's definitely working for me tho, be sure to give it permissions.
Also, don't know if it matters, but I've searched for "swipe" in settings, and got in "Swipe fingerprints for notifications" menu, which is (weirldy) not available in "Gestures", there was no toggle there, tho, just instructions video. Maybe just entering that menu enabled that, try it out.

Last edited:

MyStyle0714

Sep 3, 2016
Taipei
Well, it's definitely working for me tho, be sure to give it permissions.
Also, don't know if it matters, but I've searched for "swipe" in settings, and got in "Swipe fingerprints for notifications" menu, which is (weirldy) not available in "Gestures", there was no toggle there, tho, just instructions video. Maybe just entering that menu enabled that, try it out.
Well... the dev said that the ROM doesnt have that function, but how can you enable ? I also follow your steps and give them permission then reboot again, but nothing happen.

Sabissimo

May 12, 2014
Tbilisi
Step-by-step of what I did:
1. Wiped everything except internal storage
2. Flashed ROM
3. Flashed no-verity v3
4. Rebooted, it rebooted twice, then started booting up with google animation
5. Noticed that fingerprint is working as cursor, went to settings, searched for "swipe", entered that menu, there's no toggle there
6. Pasted gf_input.kl in /system/usr/keylayout, gave it 755 permissions
7. Rebooted and everything is working!

Try doing it in the same sequence (First try to to enter swipe menu before pasting gf_input.kl, then paste it), maybe that did the trick.

benmooney

Aug 8, 2009
2. Flashed ROM
3. Flashed no-verity v3
5. Noticed that fingerprint is working as cursor, went to settings, searched for "swipe", entered that menu, there's no toggle there

Try doing it in the same sequence (First try to to enter swipe menu before pasting gf_input.kl, then paste it), maybe that did the trick.

Confirm this was the exact process I followed and works like a charm. Just need a couple of days with it to test battery life.

Void_Dragon07

Jun 17, 2017
Lucknow
OnePlus 5T
OnePlus 7
2. Flashed ROM
3. Flashed no-verity v3

where is this gf_input.kl?? why should i do this for the pill gestures?

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    What's this?
    First of all, I'm not the original developer.
    He post it on other Chinese forum, and I am just to ask for his permission and post it here.
    All credits to Coolapk user: Tutoo.

This is an unofficial build of Pixel Experience Pie for Oneplus 5T (dumpling).
    The original is for Oneplus5, you can find it here : Click here
    The dev make a port version of this

What's working :
    • Boots
    • RIL (Calls, SMS, Data)
    • Fingerprint
    • WiFi
    • Bluetooth
    • Camera (but same as other Pie ROM, a little laggy in third apps)
    • Flashlight
    • Camcorder
    • Sound / vibration
    • GPS
    • AOD
    • Hotspot
    • NFC
    • VPN

And device specific addition (same as OP5 thread)

Known issues:
    Permissive
    or other issue same as OP5

Fingerprint gesture to view notification also not working
    But you can try the solution provide by @Sabissimo at #16
    Although that didn't work for me, some report they success, still looking into the problem
    If that work for you, don't forget to give him a thank

If you find any bugs, you can PM me or leave comments below, I'll reported it to original dev

Instructions :
    1. First, backup your data to PC or laptop
    2. Second, you HAVE TO wipe data,system,cache AND INTERNAL STORAGE (some reported that it didnt boot if no wipe internal storage)
    3. Third, flash the ROM and No verity zip (In my case, I use v3, but it seems with no problem)
    4. Now you can boot up your device, it'll boot up TWO TIMES, and this is normal

CAUTION !!!
    Version1 already include Gapps,Magisk (16.7), firmware, gcam and Redflare kernel (1.13 build)
    So it is unnecessary to flash other zips

But in Version2, it didn't have firmware, but with Magisk (17.1) and Redflare kernel (1.16 build)
    you guys need to take notice of this

Downloads:
    Because original was on Baidu Cloud, and it may block some countries IP (Example: Taiwan)
    So I upload it to Google Drive
    If it is needed to upload to AFH or other cloud, just PM me, I'll upload it when I'm free

Here is the GD link:Version1
    Version2

Credits:
    Coolapk user "Tutoo" for his awesome work
    and XDA user @bhageerathreddyy for help testing

Because of the forum rule, TG group link are not allow to post publicly here.

ROM OS Version: 9.x Pie
    ROM Kernel: Linux 4.4.152, RedFlare EAS kernel
    ROM Firmware Required: TWRP, Unlocked bootloader
    Based On: AOSP
    Version 2 changelog:
    • VoLTE reset on reboot Fixed
    • Proximity Sensor Fixed for FP and Gestures (Now phone won't start dialling numbers when in your pocket )
    • Added more Off screen Gestures and fixed V gesture
    • Improved OMNI slider switch
    • RedFlare kernel 1.16+
    • Linux 4.4.154

(Well... I copied these from original 5's thread. Don't forget to thank him for fix !!)
    ROM is awesome! Adaptive battery, gcam, slider - all working
    To make fingerprint gestures work, put this file in /system/usr/keylayout , and give it 755 permissions
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Nhjs7YWulTHy-6d-AM1R1cLN_TfK-ieY/view?usp=sharing
    Well... I think the thread will no longer update, one is because the PE ROM for 5 has discontinued and moved to PixeN ROM, and the official PE for 5T had also already come out. But I think I might post guide about how to use port OP5 ROM on 5T once I'm free ( maybe tomorrow morning :) It is already 10pm here, GMT+8 ). Really sorry about this news, and hope to see more Pie ROMs for our beloved 5T !!!
    At least try to do a job properly.
    Wow dude. He doesn't have to help you but tried his best to answer your question. You didn't even thanks him and then being a jerk.
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone