[ROM][PORT][ADT-1] Android TV for Ouya

Search This thread

cbwlkr

Jan 28, 2011
Samara
The port is based on the system dump of ADT-1 (Molly), with proprietary binaries pulled from the Nexus 7 (grouper/nakasi) 4.4.4 image.
Kernel: CM11 kernel with some changes in ramdisk.

Big thanks:
death2all110 (ADT-1 System dump) post
500 Internal Server Error (SDK port of Android L preview to the Nexus 7 2012) thread
milaq (CM11 for Ouya) thread

Development on hold. Waiting Android L sources, or Nexus 2012 Android 5.0 OTA update

What works:
  • LAN
  • Wi-Fi
  • Sound (particly)
  • Bluetooth
What doesn't work:
  • Some services and apps
  • Video and audio playback stuttering
Changelog:
  • V1 - Initial release
  • V2 - bluetooth fixed! many symlinks added (forgot in first release). Google Cast running, but not play videos :(
Download:
Installation:
1. Install CM11 first with last CWM! thread
2. Boot in recovery, install downloaded zip file, wipe all, reboot
3. Wait! (over 5 mnutes)
4. Enjoy!

Screenshots:
screenshot1.jpg
screenshot2.jpg
screenshot3.jpg

Last edited:

I.Am.Nam

Jan 26, 2012
Great work! But how did you get leanback launcher working? I couldn't install that on any if my devices...

Sent from my Moto G using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    The port is based on the system dump of ADT-1 (Molly), with proprietary binaries pulled from the Nexus 7 (grouper/nakasi) 4.4.4 image.
    Kernel: CM11 kernel with some changes in ramdisk.

Big thanks:
    death2all110 (ADT-1 System dump) post
    500 Internal Server Error (SDK port of Android L preview to the Nexus 7 2012) thread
    milaq (CM11 for Ouya) thread

Development on hold. Waiting Android L sources, or Nexus 2012 Android 5.0 OTA update

What works:
    • LAN
    • Wi-Fi
    • Sound (particly)
    • Bluetooth
    What doesn't work:
    • Some services and apps
    • Video and audio playback stuttering
    Changelog:
    • V1 - Initial release
    • V2 - bluetooth fixed! many symlinks added (forgot in first release). Google Cast running, but not play videos :(
    Download:
    Installation:
    1. Install CM11 first with last CWM! thread
    2. Boot in recovery, install downloaded zip file, wipe all, reboot
    3. Wait! (over 5 mnutes)
    4. Enjoy!

Screenshots:
    screenshot1.jpg
    screenshot2.jpg
    screenshot3.jpg
    Good news everyone!

I fixed sound. I used audio HW layer from Acer a500 with some changes.... And IT WORKS!!!
    Tomorrow i want to compile AOSP build 5.0.1_r1 (LRX22C). Thanks for waiting :)
    Sorry about the wait I've been rather busy with school and haven't had time to do one of my 6 hour builds. I'm going to run one today. So far I did get audio to load but I don't get any output as it later crashes when I attempt to change the volume. I will release a preview of cm-12 when it's working just to give you all something to play with. Hopefully the build that's running fixes the issue.

Sent from my LGMS395 using Tapatalk
    Going to leave this here. Everything working a few bugs here and there.
    uploadfromtaptalk1424488668586.png
    I did get audio working it was caused by the patches I picked up to fix hdmi resolution when using the grouper updated blobs. When I revert those hdmi sound output works but I haven't figured out which one is causing sound to break because without them it will look like the 5.0 port did where the display was not fully expanded.

edit: Releasing android tv port tomorrow still having a few issues with apps due to this not being a full port but similar to a rom and gapps since I build aosp 5.0 with android tv base and google apps package made from adt-1. The display is still wrong due to the kernel it will be fixed later sometime.
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone