• XDA Forums have been migrated to XenForo. We are aware of several issues including missing threads, logins not working, and more. To discuss, use this thread.
  • If you are experiencing issues logging in, we moved to a new and more secure software and older account passwords were not able to be migrated. We recommend trying to reset your password, then contacting us if there are issues.

[ROM][PORT][CM10]Sense 5 look-and-feel

vigoos

Jun 24, 2012
Pune
Sense 5 look-and-feel ported from Wildfire S on CM10 JellyBean by meswar.

Credits-
djoliver- For making Sense 5 ROM http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2183509&highlight=sense+5
meswar- For porting
BigBearEvo- For GPS patch file
CM team- For CyanogenMod
BigBearEvo, benjamingwynn, Darkorn, theschneidi- For Salsa CM10
Rizal Lovins- Bravia Engine 2

Whats it?
Sense 5 themed ROM for our lovely HTC Salsa ported from Wildfire S. Download, Enjoy and then thank!

Not Working

Bluetooth
GPS

Front Camera,
Camcorder,

Specialities-
BRAVIA engine 2
Beats audio
xLoud
ClearAudio
Sense 5 theme
Sense 5 widget
Sense 5 fonts
Sense 5 icon set
Sense 5 wallpapers
Sense 5 toneset

How do I install?
Download ROM
Triple wipe (Data/Dalvik/Cache)
Flash ROM
Reboot.
Flash Int2Ext4
Wipe SD Ext
Reboot
Done

Like this ROM? What can I do?
Smack the “Thanks” button

Changelog-
Post #2

Screenshots-
Post #3

Download link for ROM-
http://www.mediafire.com/download/podinwx21ip3p5g/icong_signed_Sense_5_v2.zip
Int2Ext4- http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?zols99melqwxys0

DISCLAMER
/
* Your warranty is now void.
* I am not responsible for bricked devices, broken hearts,
* thermonuclear waror you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please do some research if you have any
* concerns about features included in this ROM before flashing it! YOU are
* choosing to make these modifications, and if you point the finger at me
* for messing up your device, I will point that finger back at you and laugh.
/

Attachments

Last edited:

vigoos

Jun 24, 2012
Pune
Gps? Has anyone tried it yet.....as normal downloading. Can I ask for another mirror? Goo has an incredible slow speed compared with mediafire and Dev-host
Wasn't getting uploaded through MediaFire. I'll have to make an account on dev-host. GPS must work. Meswar tried it I suppose.

Sent from my Samsung GALAXY Tab 2 7.0 using xda premium .

BigBearEvo

Jun 29, 2010
Leicester
bigbearevo.proboards.com
1hr 5mins to download on phone
49 mins to download on PC.

Dude, get rid of Goo. i did, caused nothing but nastiness from users. Downloads are slow, 154mb in an Hr, it takes me 2.4mins to get 200mb.
Dev host are reliable and downloads are faster, but im hosting a mirror for this version in my mediafire for users that want it faster!

Mediafire mirror http://www.mediafire.com/?qfcx6dmg9fdht4f

Not bad, a third hand port.....PICO/Wildfire S/Salsa
So there's gonna be stuff that won't work for us lol, just bear that in mind people. I'n my test version ive removed the crappy Sense 5 stuff, clogs up CM rom to bits and makes it look.......plain!
Will see what actually works later on! Post results up with news...

Apex launcher....Poor, makes phone handle crappy. ADW added instead.
GPS under full test!
WiFi cuts off frequently.....annoying! (I will fix this)
Theme removed.....Ahhh Nice CM10 back again!
Transitions are faulty, they judder or flicker causing screen to lag (I will Fix this)
NO GPS Config setup or added. (I will add custom server)
NO Talk added in. (Fixed)

======================================================================================

Ok ive took the liberty and fixed these issues ive found.
Transitions are normal, which in turn has sorted the camera flicker out.
GPS is fully working with good sat pickup
WiFi cut off fixed
Talk added in as with newest Googleplay

Last edited:

kashttl

Jun 17, 2012
hyderabad
Talk is not really necessary.. it should be better if put in data folder. I know people can still remove by using link2sd.. but putting in data folder.would be wide because not everyone uses this.

Sent from my HTC Salsa C510e

---------- Post added at 08:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:16 AM ----------

Goo is slow on download sever, always have a mirror somewhere lol as for int2ext its better than others so will make do lol
BTW goo didn't take me much time to download. It was in its normal speed. :confused:

Sent from my HTC Salsa C510e

vigoos

Jun 24, 2012
Pune
First thing is this is a pure port. I didn't want to play games with launcher. Hence apex.
Second thing is sense 5 is sense 5. If you remove the theme, there is not gonna be any point in naming the ROM as sense 5
Third is that kashttl, we in India have awesome (satire meant) 2g. Might be it is slow for 3g nations.
Let me tell you camera, WiFi and that GPS were tested. Meswar tested GPS, I tested camera and WiFi. They all seemed fine to me.
Fourth is about talk. If you want it can be added in the ROM. But it makes it tad heavier. Come on, 161 mb itself is a lot.

I found this ROM to be a good port by meswar. That's why I released it. I also have some more goodies lined up. Details won't be disclosed. Not some copy paste work, but something better. Let's see how fast they come out.

Reactions: kashttl and meswar

BigBearEvo

Jun 29, 2010
Leicester
bigbearevo.proboards.com
this is a third hand port.
Apex is slow....and removing the extra and adding talk got me down to 132mb for the file....bit heavy lol GPS didn't work properly over here...so its had a universal setup added in. Camera is buggy as hell..i know this cos my wife's wildfire s has the same file!!!!!!!! i do my homework before adding stuff up.
camcorder and camera works with lg camera from play with ittle or no bugs.....stock app causes bad flicker and loose of picture when viewing, panorama works great on stock though...just cannot view afterwards lol

In my opnion this was heavy before hand...even if i left apex and the theme in there.....i trimmed it down a lot before i flashed it...saves on space.
Overall this rom isn't bad..but its buggy as hell as its from the wildfire s and its the same one my wife is currently using!
so in reality both our phones are running the exact same rom lol

Last edited:

vigoos

Jun 24, 2012
Pune
The link is dead. Couldnt download the ROM its painfully slow, used BB's Mediafire link.
Looks like I need a better host. Will do stuff on my media fire
Regarding int2ext, lemme check

Edit 1- link looks fine

Last edited:

karanparikh

Apr 24, 2012
Mumbai, IN
1hr 5mins to download on phone
49 mins to download on PC.

======================================================================================

Ok ive took the liberty and fixed these issues ive found.
Transitions are normal, which in turn has sorted the camera flicker out.
GPS is fully working with good sat pickup
WiFi cut off fixed
Talk added in as with newest Googleplay
Could you upload your edited one as well so that I can try yours as well. :highfive::highfive:

Thanks