[ROM][PORT][CM10]Sense 5 look-and-feel

Search This thread

Olivier

Recognized Developer / Retired Forum Moderator
Nov 6, 2011
C'mon, ~250 MB aren't that much. If you want a non AROMA version, delete the Sense 5 stuff from my ROM and you'll be fine. But tbh, the real highlight of this ROM IS AROMA.

BigBearEvo said:
○ Android 4.2.2 (It's actually 4.1.2)

Yes, that's kinda obvious. But I'll rebase it on CM10.1 soon.

Last edited:
Reactions: vigoos

BigBearEvo

Jun 29, 2010
Leicester
bigbearevo.proboards.com
C'mon, ~250 MB aren't that much. If you want a non AROMA version, delete the Sense 5 stuff from my ROM and you'll be fine. But tbh, the real highlight of this ROM IS AROMA.

Yes, that's kinda obviously. But I'll rebase it on CM10.1 soon.

I don't have a problem with the size lol, it's the users in here that have bandwidth issues. for some it takes a few hrs to download a normal 140mb rom.
I know but i just don't like Aroma installers...its my choice but i do like your work though. Keep it up.

Reactions: Olivier

cancerfour69

Jan 17, 2013
Cheers

HI GUYS NOT NOOB,,BEEN BACK AND FORWARD DIFFERENT PHONES..BEEN WATCHING YOU LOT DEBATE OVER ROMS FOR A WHILE(MONTHS)LOL..USED TO HAVE WILDFIRE S..THE GOOD OLD DAYS..STILL SURPRISED THAT NOT THAT MUCH DEVELOPMENT ON THIS PHONE CONSIDERING SIMILARITY TO WILDFIRE S...TRYED CM 10 WHEN FIRST RELEASED,NOT BAD LITTLE LAGGISH FEW TWEAKS MUCH BETTER..THEN BACK TO STOCK THEN DE BLOATED FULLY AND SOME..ALSO SURPRISED NOT MUCH DEV IN KERNEL AS IN CPU CONTROL,DOSENT TAKE THAT MUCH TO DO.KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK CALL BACK SOON... THANKS BIGBEAR,VIGROS AND COMPANY LTD XXx

BigBearEvo

Jun 29, 2010
Leicester
bigbearevo.proboards.com
HI GUYS NOT NOOB,,BEEN BACK AND FORWARD DIFFERENT PHONES..BEEN WATCHING YOU LOT DEBATE OVER ROMS FOR A WHILE(MONTHS)LOL..USED TO HAVE WILDFIRE S..THE GOOD OLD DAYS..STILL SURPRISED THAT NOT THAT MUCH DEVELOPMENT ON THIS PHONE CONSIDERING SIMILARITY TO WILDFIRE S...TRYED CM 10 WHEN FIRST RELEASED,NOT BAD LITTLE LAGGISH FEW TWEAKS MUCH BETTER..THEN BACK TO STOCK THEN DE BLOATED FULLY AND SOME..ALSO SURPRISED NOT MUCH DEV IN KERNEL AS IN CPU CONTROL,DOSENT TAKE THAT MUCH TO DO.KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK CALL BACK SOON... THANKS BIGBEAR,VIGROS AND COMPANY LTD XXx

TY, you will probably find, the kernel we use is already and overclocked wildfire s one. which is why we don't seem to get anywhere lol

taimur272

Jun 21, 2013
Karachi
Is aroma installer added in this sense 5 rom or not .........?
I also want to try rom with aroma installer
Sent from my HTC Salsa C510e using xda app-developers app

Last edited:

theschneidi

Jun 26, 2012
I successfully recorded one video with lgcamcorder, but really slow frame rate. Videos cannot be played, they stop with error message. I think kernel has to be recompiled with different settings. When I have success, updates will appear in the CM forum.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1374511169204.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1374511169204.jpg
    9.8 KB · Views: 133

vigoos

Jun 24, 2012
Pune
I successfully recorded one video with lgcamcorder, but really slow frame rate. Videos cannot be played, they stop with error message. I think kernel has to be recompiled with different settings. When I have success, updates will appear in the CM forum.

Kernel is important. Even the .so files need some attention it looks like....,n

Sent from my Samsung GALAXY Tab 2 7.0 using xda premium .

godsgreat_87

Feb 15, 2012
need to install apex pro

I want to install apex pro. but it says signature conflict. I think this apex is signed by the person who created the rom . I tried uninstalling the apex launcher and installing new one . Still no luck. please help me here.

help is very much appreciated.

vigoos

Jun 24, 2012
Pune
I want to install apex pro. but it says signature conflict. I think this apex is signed by the person who created the rom . I tried uninstalling the apex launcher and installing new one . Still no luck. please help me here.

help is very much appreciated.

I have not signed any APK in the ROM.
I recommend you just use root browser and delete the apex file and replace it with the paid one, reboot and Bazinga! That's what I had done on my tab when trebuchet stopped working.

godsgreat_87

Feb 15, 2012
I have not signed any APK in the ROM.
I recommend you just use root browser and delete the apex file and replace it with the paid one, reboot and Bazinga! That's what I had done on my tab when trebuchet stopped working.

hey thanks..not sure how..but it worked finally.. i am on apex pro now.. btw isn't this 4.2.2? or is it some other version? coz when i try to install cynogenmod clock widget for lock screen it says " there is some problem with parsing the package". even tried the apex dash clock widget. showed same error. but both are compatible with 4.2 + . so wanted to confirm if we are really on 4.2.2?

vigoos

Jun 24, 2012
Pune
hey thanks..not sure how..but it worked finally.. i am on apex pro now.. btw isn't this 4.2.2? or is it some other version? coz when i try to install cynogenmod clock widget for lock screen it says " there is some problem with parsing the package". even tried the apex dash clock widget. showed same error. but both are compatible with 4.2 + . so wanted to confirm if we are really on 4.2.2?

Nope we are not..... In the ROM it is just given like that for look and tp and all.

crest_delta

Feb 18, 2007
Mumbai
Hi,

I have been using this ROM for a couple of days , here is some feedback :

1.Camera / Camcorder does not work (LG & Stock ) : When I click a pic it captures the image but would immediately get a error : "Unfortunately , lg camera has stopped ".Tried Clearing the cache and Data still the same problem .

2. Battery Drains faster it coulld also be the aging battery , but if charged at 100% the battery drops faster than stock ROM ( 30% drop in 3 Hours with Wifi and only 4 calls made lasting 3~4 min ) if the drop is like 10 to 12 % that should have been normal with ageing battery .

3. GPS gives me a problem , the weather does not work .in google maps the location keeps jumping ( I am on a open area) GPS issue

4. When ever I receive a Video in Whats App , the stock gallery app and even the ESExplorer cannot open the video , I had downloaded the MX Player and I am able to view the videos there.

5. Kernel managing the RAM is ok , but sometimes I get a error like , when I was accessing the installed app under app got a error Settings is not responding ( Wait or close ) .When I close the app and reopen the same it works ...may be some issue that needs to be ironed out

6.Bluetooth is Working Fine

Overall i feel if the camera / GPS & battery issue is sorted out its the Best ROM

Regards,

Reactions: kashttl and vigoos

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Sense 5 look-and-feel ported from Wildfire S on CM10 JellyBean by meswar.

Credits-
    djoliver- For making Sense 5 ROM http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2183509&highlight=sense+5
    meswar- For porting
    BigBearEvo- For GPS patch file
    CM team- For CyanogenMod
    BigBearEvo, benjamingwynn, Darkorn, theschneidi- For Salsa CM10
    Rizal Lovins- Bravia Engine 2

Whats it?
    Sense 5 themed ROM for our lovely HTC Salsa ported from Wildfire S. Download, Enjoy and then thank!

Not Working

Bluetooth
    GPS

Front Camera,
    Camcorder,

Specialities-
    BRAVIA engine 2
    Beats audio
    xLoud
    ClearAudio
    Sense 5 theme
    Sense 5 widget
    Sense 5 fonts
    Sense 5 icon set
    Sense 5 wallpapers
    Sense 5 toneset

How do I install?
    Download ROM
    Triple wipe (Data/Dalvik/Cache)
    Flash ROM
    Reboot.
    Flash Int2Ext4
    Wipe SD Ext
    Reboot
    Done

Like this ROM? What can I do?
    Smack the “Thanks” button

Changelog-
    Post #2

Screenshots-
    Post #3

Download link for ROM-
    http://www.mediafire.com/download/podinwx21ip3p5g/icong_signed_Sense_5_v2.zip
    Int2Ext4- http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?zols99melqwxys0

DISCLAMER
    /
    * Your warranty is now void.
    * I am not responsible for bricked devices, broken hearts,
    * thermonuclear waror you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please do some research if you have any
    * concerns about features included in this ROM before flashing it! YOU are
    * choosing to make these modifications, and if you point the finger at me
    * for messing up your device, I will point that finger back at you and laugh.
    /
    ChangeLog

ChangeLog-
    v2-19/07/2013
    BT Fixed, GPS works!
    Host is Mediadire now.

v1- 6/5/13
    Initial release
    Screenshots

Here are v1 Screenshots
    First thing is this is a pure port. I didn't want to play games with launcher. Hence apex.
    Second thing is sense 5 is sense 5. If you remove the theme, there is not gonna be any point in naming the ROM as sense 5
    Third is that kashttl, we in India have awesome (satire meant) 2g. Might be it is slow for 3g nations.
    Let me tell you camera, WiFi and that GPS were tested. Meswar tested GPS, I tested camera and WiFi. They all seemed fine to me.
    Fourth is about talk. If you want it can be added in the ROM. But it makes it tad heavier. Come on, 161 mb itself is a lot.

I found this ROM to be a good port by meswar. That's why I released it. I also have some more goodies lined up. Details won't be disclosed. Not some copy paste work, but something better. Let's see how fast they come out.

1hr 5mins to download on phone
    49 mins to download on PC.

Dude, get rid of Goo. i did, caused nothing but nastiness from users. Downloads are slow, 154mb in an Hr, it takes me 2.4mins to get 200mb.
    Dev host are reliable and downloads are faster, but im hosting a mirror for this version in my mediafire for users that want it faster!

Mediafire mirror http://www.mediafire.com/?qfcx6dmg9fdht4f

Not bad, a third hand port.....PICO/Wildfire S/Salsa
    So there's gonna be stuff that won't work for us lol, just bear that in mind people. I'n my test version ive removed the crappy Sense 5 stuff, clogs up CM rom to bits and makes it look.......plain!
    Will see what actually works later on! Post results up with news...

Apex launcher....Poor, makes phone handle crappy. ADW added instead.
    GPS under full test!
    WiFi cuts off frequently.....annoying! (I will fix this)
    Theme removed.....Ahhh Nice CM10 back again!
    Transitions are faulty, they judder or flicker causing screen to lag (I will Fix this)
    NO GPS Config setup or added. (I will add custom server)
    NO Talk added in. (Fixed)

======================================================================================

Ok ive took the liberty and fixed these issues ive found.
    Transitions are normal, which in turn has sorted the camera flicker out.
    GPS is fully working with good sat pickup
    WiFi cut off fixed
    Talk added in as with newest Googleplay
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone