• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][PORT] Cyanogenmod 11 for Fame Lite (S6790)

Search This thread

MLX

Mar 12, 2016
Buenos Aires
DISCLAIMER:
Code:
/*
 * Your warranty is now void.
 * I am not responsible for bricked devices, or dead SD cards,
 * nuclear war, penguin invasions or that you are getting fired because the alarm app failed.
 * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
 * If you point your finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you. Hard
 */
Hey there! I know that very few people still have this 2012-era device, and that the stock ROM is (like most low-end devices at the moment) sluggish and REALLY laggy.
As I'm going to sell the device, just wanted to publish he port I've made!
What does work
  • Wi-Fi
  • Camera
  • Sound & Microphone
  • Graphic acceleration
  • USB
  • Sensors
  • Sd card
What doesn't work
  • RIL (SIM and such)
  • Bluetooth
  • Wi-Fi Direct
DOWNLOADSREAD THIS:
This ROM is a port of the original CM11 built for the Fame by wulsic.
This ROM isn't a common flashable ZIP, as the patches I did in order to make it work were applied in the system itself. It may be possible to make a flashable zip form this, but meanwhile I will publish it as a TWRP backup.
PLEASE INSTALL TWRP BEFORE DOING ANYTHING ELSE, without it you can't restore the ROM backup.
The ROM is in Spanish language by default, so to set it back to English go to Settings icon at launcher, then the "Idioma e introducción de texto" section, tap "Idioma" and select English.
The ROM includes some gapps (as they need to be modified in order to work nicely)., If I need to remove them please contact me!
ADDED THINGS

Xposed Framework installed and running
GravityBox
XuiMod
Service Disabler (for making google play services usable on low end devices like this)
At developer settings, some options are enabled by me (like Show touches or Stay awake while USB connected). Disable them if you want.
The ROM includes Xposed just for some animations and GravityBox, you can disable most things at their respective modules (for animations disable XuiMod and for quick action tweaks and RAM bar in recents disable GravityBox). Those mods seemed to produce almost no lag so I did keep them.
HOW TO INSTALL THIS BACKUP
As I've said before, this ROM is a TWRP backup, so in order to install (restore) it you need to do the following steps:
  1. Unzip the file and put the 4204134ec2ea3100 folder at /emmc/TWRP/BACKUPS (if BACKUPS folder doesn't exist create it) so the path looks like /emmc/TWRP/BACKUPS/4204134ec2ea3100/
  2. Go to TWRP's main menu, select Restore and select the cm11-nevisvess-backup entry.
  3. Iif it asks you for which partition restore, select ALL of them. They all are important (without data the system may not boot cause of xposed, for example).
  4. After restoring everything, restart the phone. It should boot and you will get to the unlock screen (system done)
Credits:
Cyanogenmod for the base ROM
All fame devs as they work is the ground I'm building upon
The base ROM link, there's more info (like sources): https://forum.xda-developers.com/galaxy-fame/rom-cyanogenmod11-t2897673
The guy who published a surprisingly working way to port the ROM: https://www.htcmania.com/showthread.php?t=1161445

Last edited:

MLX

Mar 12, 2016
Buenos Aires
Screenshots:
wRykI3F.png
yA2aLGN.png
i6zdZOr.png
9Nzw28O.png
YOIPM27.png
6CK0C7Y.png
rzIhQWy.png
pk8F9LD.png

galaxyfame

Oct 24, 2020
Hola!! Gracias x el desarrollo! No hay nada parecido para este celular! Tengo un problema con la red movil. sera un problema de IMEI? que solución podria darla.
desde ya muchas gracias

Reactions: MLX

MLX

Mar 12, 2016
Buenos Aires
Hola!! Gracias x el desarrollo! No hay nada parecido para este celular! Tengo un problema con la red movil. sera un problema de IMEI? que solución podria darla.
desde ya muchas gracias
Please write in english, and read forum rules... (por favor escribe en inglés y lee las reglas del foro)
Check at settings->about phone->status if it recognizes your IMEI, if not you may need to flash modem with Odin

MLX

Mar 12, 2016
Buenos Aires
Greetings!

I am trying to get a degoogled smartphone. Would you please upload a GApps-less version of this TWRP backup ROM?

Thanks.
You can just check the opengapps package for APK file names, and delete them from /system/app or /system/priv-app.
Yes, the libraries will stay here but they can´t do much without the apps that manage them.
Anyway, I don't have the phone anymore, else I would upload such a modified version! Sorry

NotHereToStay

Jan 5, 2021
You can just check the opengapps package for APK file names, and delete them from /system/app or /system/priv-app.
Yes, the libraries will stay here but they can´t do much without the apps that manage them.
Anyway, I don't have the phone anymore, else I would upload such a modified version! Sorry

The OpenGApps package weighs a lot (100 KBps download speed by the way).

Can I use something like this instead? https://github.com/ANDROID2468/Remove-Gapps

EDIT: TWRP boots, but the touchscreen does not work. My device is GT-S6790L. Is that the reason why it does not work?

I thought this was a regular ROM, and I do not know where to get the original recovery ROM now.

EDIT 2: This guy's stock recovery worked. https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/q-galaxy-fame-lite-cwm-twrp.2779754/ God knows if this does something bad on the phone, but it seems to be exactly the same.

Last edited:

MLX

Mar 12, 2016
Buenos Aires
The OpenGApps package weighs a lot (100 KBps download speed by the way).

Can I use something like this instead? https://github.com/ANDROID2468/Remove-Gapps
It may work, never tested and can´t guarantee anything.

EDIT: TWRP boots, but the touchscreen does not work. My device is GT-S6790L. Is that the reason why it does not work?
Strange, mine was also a 6790L and it worked just fine. Did you change the touchscreen at any time? (It should work anyway).
EDIT 2: This guy's stock recovery worked. https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/q-galaxy-fame-lite-cwm-twrp.2779754/ God knows if this does something bad on the phone, but it seems to be exactly the same.
That guy just uploaded his stock recovery, that's not a problem. Anyway, I'm confused with TWRP not working for you, IDK what the problem is...

NotHereToStay

Jan 5, 2021
It may work, never tested and can´t guarantee anything.

Strange, mine was also a 6790L and it worked just fine. Did you change the touchscreen at any time? (It should work anyway).

That guy just uploaded his stock recovery, that's not a problem. Anyway, I'm confused with TWRP not working for you, IDK what the problem is...

I do not know if people changed the smartphone's touchscreen. It is an old smartphone from my grandma I am trying to fix (bootloop, I am privacy-conscious).

We live in Venezuela, so I think our stock ROM is the NBS (South American).

I would really like this ROM to be repackaged into a flashable ZIP, though. That would be so awesome.

MLX

Mar 12, 2016
Buenos Aires
I do not know if people changed the smartphone's touchscreen. It is an old smartphone from my grandma I am trying to fix (bootloop, I am privacy-conscious).
Okay then, anyway (as said) touchscreen should not be an issue...
We live in Venezuela, so I think our stock ROM is the NBS (South American).
I'm also Latin American, so we can talk better via PM if you want (in spanish)
I would really like this ROM to be repackaged into a flashable ZIP, though. That would be so awesome.
Sorry, as said I dont have the device anymore so I can't try doing so, however you should be able to install the ROM via ADB (using the console and ADB). Send me a PM for more details if you want to follow this way.

NotHereToStay

Jan 5, 2021
Okay then, anyway (as said) touchscreen should not be an issue...

I'm also Latin American, so we can talk better via PM if you want (in spanish)

Sorry, as said I dont have the device anymore so I can't try doing so, however you should be able to install the ROM via ADB (using the console and ADB). Send me a PM for more details if you want to follow this way.

I thought about it more carefully. I may or may not have accidentally discovered that the thing has the touchscreen broken.

NotHereToStay

Jan 5, 2021
I think it will be pretty complicated and time consuming for me to manually remove the GApps by myself and will probably regret the results if I accidentally delete stuff.

Does anybody have a debloated (includes degoogling) version of this ROM? This is giving me a headache. Almost literally, the back of my eyes hurt.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    desde ya muchas gracias