[ROM][Port][ICS][4.0.4] Android Open Kang Project (AOKP)-milestone 6 (discontinue)

If I continued port AOKP, you want me to rebuild what version?

• I should stop development

Votes: 2 13.3%
  • aokp_buzz_build-39

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • aokp_buzz_build-40

Votes: 2 13.3%
  • aokp_buzz_milestone-6

Votes: 11 73.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Search This thread

drewniany92

Jul 18, 2012
So try reinstall rom (; this is only beta so rest of issues will still appear. Only thing what we can to is waiting for newer versions of cm9 which now i think is as smooth as aokp (;

Wysyłane z mojego HTC Wildfire za pomocą Tapatalk 2

Wasimk32

Mar 29, 2012
Latur
hey... i was instructed to pot my problem here, rather than in general wildfire subforum... so here's the deal:

i posted a thread a few weeks ago on some issues with AOKP milestone 6 on htc wildfire.. now, after fine tuning several aspects of the phone i ran into more issues, that i do not know how to solve.....

1. an incredibly annoying lag when receiving call... first comes the ringtone, then, about 4-5 seconds later, the screen turns itself on, and only then the in-call image appears, with an option to answer/decline a call. i managed only to reduce the lag a bit by managing several profiles in SetCPU app, but the problem persists no matter what i do....

2. battery life and occasional twitching when flipping through home screens/ app drawer - this issue got solved pretty easily by removing non-essential apps from system/app using root explorer, and properly setting processor frequencies in profiles with SetCPU. The phone now is fast, snappy, and the battery has almost 3 days of autonomy with quite a lot of background processes

3. Contacts search/suggestion problem - now this one is truly annoying, and i can't seem to figure out the reason why this is happening. it didn't happen at the beginning. now here's the deal: whenever i want to send a new message, and type the name of the recipient, the phone does not recognize/suggest the name (or can't find it in the phonebook). the only way is to type in the FULL number (with + and prefixes), and only then it will recognize the recipient and show his/hers name. the other method is to search for the contact in the phonebook and then chose an option to send a sms/mms. i imported my contacts list from google, the same i did with previous roms and after resetting the phone, and never had such a problem.... the other part is opening people app, i.e. the phonebook. when scrolling through contacts, all are there, visible and accessible, but when trying to search for a specific entry (i have over 300 entries, so search option is truly a must-have), it only finds some contacts, but not all. and i do not know the solution for these problems. i tried meddling with which entries are visible, checking and unchecking all google contatcs, but the problem is still there...

does anybody have an idea? i tried googling for this one, but it seems i don't even know what keywords to use since this specific problem wasn't addressed in any of the AOKP or CM-related threads

try overclocking with 729-691 with smartassv2 governor for call lag.
for contacts issue,try replacing contacts.apk and phone.apk from latest cm9 and see if it helps.

Sent from my Wildfire using Tapatalk 2

eventcom

Jan 13, 2012
Just giving up and returning to a stock rom, such an attitude would actually make this complete thread useless and unnecessary
LOL - not again - pls bear in mind that this is an open community (by the time of writing this more than four and a half million people!) - you shouldn't and can't expect everyone to be nice and friendly all the time (and getting you right). People have real lives besides their visits in the forum (most of us at least :D), speak different languages (lots of), are in different lifetime periods (from kids to retirees) and are in different moods etc. - patience, tolerance and calmness are good things to have in your pocket when hanging around here :cool:

Reactions: desktopfusion

Pator57

Jun 11, 2012
Discontinuing for now or for always ?

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using xda premium

neverone

Feb 13, 2011
Osijek
n1-design.com.hr
try overclocking with 729-691 with smartassv2 governor for call lag.
for contacts issue,try replacing contacts.apk and phone.apk from latest cm9 and see if it helps.

Sent from my Wildfire using Tapatalk 2
i overclocked the phone, but haven't received any calls for now, so i can't say if it worked or not. will let you know.
as for contacts.apk and phone.apk - the solution didn't work, i tried a few CM9 apks, but they barely could be opened, and didn't work properly. i even tried the apks from CM7, but only got constant pop-up saying that phone.apk stopped working.... i barely managed to restore the original apks...

what eventually seemed to have worked was simpler that these two above - i restored original contacts.apk and phone.apk, set ownership and permissions, and then cleared data in apps manager. the phone then synced once again with google, downloaded contacts once again and now it seems to be working... for how long... who knows ;)

So try reinstall rom (; this is only beta so rest of issues will still appear. Only thing what we can to is waiting for newer versions of cm9 which now i think is as smooth as aokp (;

Wysyłane z mojego HTC Wildfire za pomocą Tapatalk 2
i would like to see that, i really would, but since wildfire is an old model, i somehow doubt that cyanogen community will make version 9 available for it. we'll see

LOL - not again - pls bear in mind that this is an open community (by the time of writing this more than four and a half million people!) - you shouldn't and can't expect everyone to be nice and friendly all the time (and getting you right). People have real lives besides their visits in the forum (most of us at least :D), speak different languages (lots of), are in different lifetime periods (from kids to retirees) and are in different moods etc. - patience, tolerance and calmness are good things to have in your pocket when hanging around here :cool:
exactly! we, all have our lives besides this forum, that one is true. and i know about languages, since i am a croat, and my mother tounge isn't even in the same language group as english. what it seems is that i was the one who kept my cools, and apollopayne was the one who didn't, but i really can't judge and say for sure...

i really am not trying to pick a fight here, although i have to say, if sb asks for an advice or help, then help him/her or don't... saying that there are bugs and issues, and leaving it like that really can't be the right approach to solving the problem... wouldn't you agree? that's why i always try to give as much info as possible, because maybe, it might help somebody else who has a similar problem, and has searched the internet for it

drewniany92

Jul 18, 2012
did u get ur wifi not working with september update? for me it wasn't work but i think that was because of nfinity play kernel. anyway first version was much better for me :)

Taptapped from my little killer iPod 4G (;

neverone

Feb 13, 2011
Osijek
n1-design.com.hr
did u get ur wifi not working with september update? for me it wasn't work but i think that was because of nfinity play kernel. anyway first version was much better for me :)

Taptapped from my little killer iPod 4G (;
i honestly didn't even try to update, so i can't tell.. wifi works flawlessly, although, ever since i restored the backed up aokp, my rom manager doesn't work, so i can't downgrade to the lower version of clockworkmod so that i can flash radio (gps)... hehe.. bloddy hell, i get a feeling that whenever i solve one problem, the other appears at the oher end.. :)

eventcom

Jan 13, 2012
exactly! we, all have our lives besides this forum, that one is true. and i know about languages, since i am a croat, and my mother tounge isn't even in the same language group as english. what it seems is that i was the one who kept my cools, and apollopayne was the one who didn't, but i really can't judge and say for sure...

i really am not trying to pick a fight here, although i have to say, if sb asks for an advice or help, then help him/her or don't... saying that there are bugs and issues, and leaving it like that really can't be the right approach to solving the problem... wouldn't you agree? that's why i always try to give as much info as possible, because maybe, it might help somebody else who has a similar problem, and has searched the internet for it
yes, you're right, but that's not my point. I really wouldn't care much if you'd pick up a fight. If I'm getting things wrong or telling bs it's ok if I'll be returned a harsh reaction :rolleyes:
What I try to say instead is simply that you shouldn't confuse one single post of one single user with whole xda forums (or the Wildfire section) ;)
But no worries - I'm just a bit fed up atm with stuff like that - I'll probably shouldn't be around here that much... :D

NeXT1001

Aug 2, 2012
why when i recive sms i haven't vibration?
and why s2e don't work? i have ext4 partition

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    1_1_aokp.png

Android Open Kang Project (AOKP)
    [Tutorial] How to port aokp? :p
    I am port from Samsung Galaxy Mini (GT-S5570) :good:

aokprom.png

About:
    AOKP stands for Android Open Kang Project. It is a custom ROM distribution for many Android devices. The name is a play on the word "kang" and AOSP (Android Open Source Project). The name was sort of a joke, but it just stuck, just like our infatuation with unicorns.

Info my rom:
    Base rom CyanogenMod 9 RC-0 of ErwinP and AOKP-milestone 6 of TheWhisp

Changelog:
    I don't known:p

Dowload:
    Update aokp milestone 6 (5-8-2012): here
    Update aokp milestone 6 (2-9-2012)(not tested): here
    AOKP old verson: here

Credits and big thank :D:
    * TheWhisp
    * ErwinP
    * arco68
    * Hacktrix2006
    * Sympnotic
    * stelios97
    hello all
    I want to continue port aokp
    if koolsavas busy with work, I'll come back
    The main reasons apps aren't added which can be downloaded are

1. Permission to use said app in the rom.
    2. Apps that receive regular updates are a waste of time as the rom dev/chef/porter has to keep checking for updates.
    3. Sideloading apps can cause errors in the play store when downloading an update to the app.
    4. People have different preferences to what apps they want installed so what you might like may not be someone elses cup of tea.

Its best all round to just keep the stock apps and not add alternatives, thats the reason we have the play store.........

Remember its not the devs fault if your country doesn't have access to the play store, you're in a minority here on xda as most people here do, roms will always be tailored to the majority and if you don't like what they do, make your own rom.

Your point about breaking things is kind of null as these are ports from another phone so although it may have worked on the first port, on the second port something may have been changed on the original which has broken something for us. It's not always as simple as just swapping the phone.apk as most likely that is exactly the same as the old one and the problem is elsewhere but without knowing exactly what has been changed/added/removed from the old rom it would be very hard to figure out......

The best thing you could do instead of crying on here that the dev has broken something is help him by getting a logcat of the problem so he can at least have a starting point of where to look.....

No offence meant, i'm just saying.;)

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
    Update: 09/07/2012 -Milestone 6
    I think it is stable
    Now I'm waiting to port jelly bean aokp :)
    Has anybody got the mobile data toggle to work by flashing the zip elia222 provided ?

flashed it with cache/dalvik cache wipe but with no success.

Currently using notification toggle app by j4velin for toggles but it would be nice to have it in ROM.

Replace the apps in the zip with root explorer and give proper permissions. Tested and working with this method ;)