[ROM][Port][ICS][4.0.4] Android Open Kang Project (AOKP)-milestone 6 (discontinue)

If I continued port AOKP, you want me to rebuild what version?

• I should stop development

Votes: 2 13.3%
  • aokp_buzz_build-39

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • aokp_buzz_build-40

Votes: 2 13.3%
  • aokp_buzz_milestone-6

Votes: 11 73.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Search This thread

eventcom

Jan 13, 2012
Here I usually to work with 710 MHz, at 768 MHz it freezes. Seems reasonable to me ;)
yep same here and I believe that most Willies run fine @710. It's not just about stability. As said before OCin reduces the processor's lifetime plus: the battery will drain fast and even if it runs stable @768 it will definitely get hot - and the housing hasn't been made to manage that properly - so even other parts could be damaged or at least their lifetime might be reduced, too...
If I couldn't live without 3D games I'd try to get a different phone I guess ;)
Bottom line: I've seen many Willies reviving from almost dead - here and elsewhere - it's a really robust piece of hardware. But if you burn its heart, the processor, don't think you could rectify that as easy as any other hardcore tweak :D

Munckster

Feb 6, 2011
Katowice
yep same here and I believe that most Willies run fine @710. It's not just about stability. As said before OCin reduces the processor's lifetime plus: the battery will drain fast and even if it runs stable @768 it will definitely get hot - and the housing hasn't been made to manage that properly - so even other parts could be damaged or at least their lifetime might be reduced, too...
If I couldn't live without 3D games I'd try to get a different phone I guess ;)
Bottom line: I've seen many Willies reviving from almost dead - here and elsewhere - it's a really robust piece of hardware. But if you burn its heart, the processor, don't think you could rectify that as easy as any other hardcore tweak :D

That's why I have a phone to use as a phone (duh :D) and a tablet to play games on it.

Not about only the heat, but the battery drains really fast when you abuse on the OC... For a phone, that not aways can be plugged into a charger, doesn't make much of a sense.. This is the reason that I opted to stay in the middle (not on the sluggish original clock, but not working as a toaster inside my pocket).

arsalan11

Nov 12, 2011
Tehran
WiFi Problem in 4.0.3&4.0.4(Millestone & Gummy)

Hi
it has WiFi problem as Nexus S 4.0.3 Rom had in some countries like Iran because of Google's Dirty politics you can not use WiFi with this Rom it means when your phone recognizes that your sim is from Iran or other countries that are in google's list Automatically disables the WiFi and you aren't able to use it again so you have to take off the sim and wipe factory reset to use WiFi either but when you put it on again you will have the problem again.i had nexus s i searched and searched after a while i found out an excellent WiFi fix patch that i attached it for you.i used it and fixed my problem but i couldn't use it in Wildfire (Installation Aborted) i changed the version of CWM but the problem was exist.
i want you to see this patch and remake it for Wildfire.
your Rom is Excellent.
thank you

Attachments

• update-wifi-fix.zip
    317 KB · Views: 43

eventcom

Jan 13, 2012
it has WiFi problem as Nexus S 4.0.3 Rom had in some countries like Iran because of Google's Dirty politics you can not use WiFi with this Rom
just curious: could you point to some more information on that?:D (and furthermore: what "dirty politics" are you referring to?)
it means when your phone recognizes that your sim is from Iran or other countries that are in google's list Automatically disables the WiFi and you aren't able to use it again
:eek: wait a moment... you say Google has put in some routines to disable WiFi in certain countries? WTF... sorry but I guess I'll believe that only if someone could give some kind of proof for that...

Reactions: usaff22

arsalan11

Nov 12, 2011
Tehran
just curious: could you point to some more information on that?:D (and furthermore: what "dirty politics" are you referring to?)
:eek: wait a moment... you say Google has put in some routines to disable WiFi in certain countries? WTF... sorry but I guess I'll believe that only if someone could give some kind of proof for that...

you need proof?
do you know Android Market(Google Play) doesn't work in Iran?so Iranian android users don't have right to use that.
do you know "this application is not available in your country" is the most common sentence that each Iranian person faces it every day?
do you know google earth,google chrome and it's extensions were Forbidden for us until 3 months ago?
and other problems like Persian and arab gulf in google maps.

Last edited:

eventcom

Jan 13, 2012
you need proof?
do you know Android Market(Google Play) doesn't works in Iran?so Iranian android users don't have right to use that.
do you know "this application is not available in your country" is the most common sentence that every Iranian person seen it every day?
do you know google earth,google chrome and it's extensions were Forbidden for use until 3 month ago?
and other problems like Persian and arab gulf in google maps.
First of all: I don't say that it's not true - I just doubt it (and believe me I'm not just a random noob failing to read the news or so ;))
Regarding the missing market: Yes I know - but what interest should Google have to hide it in Iran? The only reason(s) for Google hiding stuff in Iran might be: they have been forced to by either the Iranian government or the US government (but I'd doubt the latter, too, as there's no critical technology envolved). If both of that doesn't match here - it's been censored by Iranian networks. I've been just referring to the "dirty politics" - Google has absolutely no interest to drop any market worldwide ;)

Regarding the availability of certain apps in certain countries it's a bit different: besides legal problems in the respective countries this has also to do with localization and internationalization. All the apps of Google itself for example aren't available outside the US (in the market/play store) until they're completely translated into the corresponding language(s).

Last edited:
Reactions: arsalan11

arsalan11

Nov 12, 2011
Tehran
First of all: I don't say that it's not true - I just doubt it (and believe me I'm not just a random noob failing to read the news or so ;))
Regarding the missing market: Yes I know - but what interest should Google have to hide it in Iran? The only reason(s) for Google hiding stuff in Iran might be: they have been forced to by either the Iranian government or the US government (but I'd doubt the latter, too, as there's no critical technology envolved). If both of that doesn't match here - it's been censored by Iranian networks. I've been just referring to the "dirty politics" - Google has absolutely no interest to drop any market worldwide ;)

Regarding the availability of certain apps in certain countries it's a bit different: besides legal problems in the respective countries this has also to do with localization and internationalization. All the apps of Google itself for example aren't available outside the US (in the market/play store) until they're completely translated into the corresponding language(s).

i know U R right,i think we are forgetting the main topic(The WiFi Problem).

Reactions: eventcom

eventcom

Jan 13, 2012
i know U R right,i think we are forgetting the main topic(The WiFi Problem).
:eek: you're right :D
So if this is a region problem - what about Asia (or does this count to the working regions?). Those threads you've posted in the other ICS thread don't have a load of posts. Why don't more people seem to have this problem?
But I'm just guessing randomly - I'm sure anyone with much more insight (like ErwinP.) could give better answers... :silly:

arsalan11

Nov 12, 2011
Tehran
:eek: you're right :D
So if this is a region problem - what about Asia (or does this count to the working regions?). Those threads you've posted in the other ICS thread don't have a load of posts. Why don't more people seem to have this problem?
But I'm just guessing randomly - I'm sure anyone with much more insight (like ErwinP.) could give better answers... :silly:

It seems this problem is just for Iranians.i asked someone in other countries like Korea they don't have this trouble.:-?

eventcom

Jan 13, 2012
It seems this problem is just for Iranians.i asked someone in other countries like Korea they don't have this trouble.:-?
Hmm, still thinking about it. If I'm not totally mistaken your SIM card has definitely nothing to do with WiFi. So I'm finding it nearly impossible that you could disable WiFi with a SIM card (or that the ROM itself has mechanisms/scripts to disable WiFi when detecting a certain type of SIM).
Apart from that it might be possible that there are quite a few differences with your phone hard and software that are depending on the region.
Regarding WiFi it most likely would be a different radio (due to different frequencies, legal issues with frequencies used in other regions/countries). This might be the case here - but I'm not too sure (and if it was, someone should already have found out).
BTW: what phone do you have - a Wildfire (Buzz)? Does WiFi work with Gingerbread (Android 2.3.x)?

usaff22

Nov 8, 2011
Unfortunately, Maps has stopped.
Hmm, still thinking about it. If I'm not totally mistaken your SIM card has definitely nothing to do with WiFi. So I'm finding it nearly impossible that you could disable WiFi with a SIM card (or that the ROM itself has mechanisms/scripts to disable WiFi when detecting a certain type of SIM).
Apart from that it might be possible that there are quite a few differences with your phone hard and software that are depending on the region.
Regarding WiFi it most likely would be a different radio (due to different frequencies, legal issues with frequencies used in other regions/countries). This might be the case here - but I'm not too sure (and if it was, someone should already have found out).
BTW: what phone do you have - a Wildfire (Buzz)? Does WiFi work with Gingerbread (Android 2.3.x)?

A SIM card does not execute code on the phone to disable WiFi. That would be malicious code which could have been exploited by hackers to take control of a device. I highly doubt a SIM card is disabling his WiFi. He might have another different problem to do with WiFi. Let's not implement code before we know exactly what it does. For all we know, it could have the DroidDream malware! :eek:

Edit: Quoted eventcom instead of the other guy, so needed to edit post.

Edit2: Let's go back on topic. Anyone have issues with the latest build? Seems more smooth. Though it would be awesome if we could get hwa working with no GPU - that would enable the gradient background.

Sent from pixels to more pixels

Last edited:

arsalan11

Nov 12, 2011
Tehran
A SIM card does not execute code on the phone to disable WiFi. That would be malicious code which could have been exploited by hackers to take control of a device. I highly doubt a SIM card is disabling his WiFi. He might have another different problem to do with WiFi. Let's not implement code before we know exactly what it does. For all we know, it could have the DroidDream malware! :eek:

Edit: Quoted eventcom instead of the other guy, so needed to edit post.

Edit2: Let's go back on topic. Anyone have issues with the latest build? Seems more smooth. Though it would be awesome if we could get hwa working with no GPU - that would enable the gradient background.

Sent from pixels to more pixels

yes of course it works with eclair froyo and Gingerbread with no issue and there is lots of radio update for it.but it doesn't work in ICS 4.0.3 & 4.0.4:rolleyes:

you can see these links if it could help:

http://xdaforums.com/show....php?t=1400355
http://xdaforums.com/show....php?t=1416260

eventcom

Jan 13, 2012
yes of course it works with eclair froyo and Gingerbread with no issue and there is lots of radio update for it.but it doesn't work in ICS 4.0.3 & 4.0.4:rolleyes:

you can see these links if it could help:

http://xdaforums.com/show....php?t=1400355
http://xdaforums.com/show....php?t=1416260
yes sure (BTW fixed links are those: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1400355, http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1416260) but as I told you before: those threads contain almost 26 posts together. I'm not sure how many Iranian users there might be @XDA forums but if this was a common problem I'm pretty sure those threads would be filled with loads of posts... Furthermore there haven't been any posts since December '11 / January '12 - most likely the problem either has been solved or doesn't appear to more than a hand full of ppl...

This: "its appear that ICS is unable to set right frequency when your sim card country isnt US or EU, odd thing, but common thing about us (people who have wifi issue with ics) is that we don't live in us or eu" sounds really too much vague and common to me as there are much more ppl living in Asia, Russia and Australia which wouldn't fall into "US or EU", too (although I'm not too sure about Russia).

Sorry, but the more I read and think about it the more I doubt that there might be an issue which is particularly related to non EU/US phones...

arsalan11

Nov 12, 2011
Tehran
yes sure (BTW fixed links are those: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1400355, http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1416260) but as I told you before: those threads contain almost 26 posts together. I'm not sure how many Iranian users there might be @XDA forums but if this was a common problem I'm pretty sure those threads would be filled with loads of posts... Furthermore there haven't been any posts since December '11 / January '12 - most likely the problem either has been solved or doesn't appear to more than a hand full of ppl...

This: "its appear that ICS is unable to set right frequency when your sim card country isnt US or EU, odd thing, but common thing about us (people who have wifi issue with ics) is that we don't live in us or eu" sounds really too much vague and common to me as there are much more ppl living in Asia, Russia and Australia which wouldn't fall into "US or EU", too (although I'm not too sure about Russia).

Sorry, but the more I read and think about it the more I doubt that there might be an issue which is particularly related to non EU/US phones...

As i said all of theme had problem with Nexus S not wildfire because they don't need CM9 when they phone has official ICS that google released for them this rom is very similar to that official rom but it's for wildfire.they don't need to talk any more because their problem has been solved with above patch but this rom is new for wildfire and Iranian wilfire users so now it's our problem.

lo2ay

Well I'm Egyptian and there are absolutely no problems with Wi-Fi with my Egyptian SIM card.
And I'm 100% sure Egypt isn't in the US or Europe :D
But I still hate the government tho :p

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using Tapatalk 2

arsalan11

Nov 12, 2011
Tehran
Well I'm Egyptian and there are absolutely no problems with Wi-Fi with my Egyptian SIM card.
And I'm 100% sure Egypt isn't in the US or Europe :D
But I still hate the government tho :p

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using Tapatalk 2

:))))"And I'm 100% sure Egypt isn't in the US or Europe :D"
thanks for your reply.
i'm sure that if we rebuild the patch for wildfire CWM it will be ok like nexus S.i hope the professional developers of the site make it possible for me.

usaff22

Nov 8, 2011
Unfortunately, Maps has stopped.
:))))"And I'm 100% sure Egypt isn't in the US or Europe :D"
thanks for your reply.
i'm sure that if we rebuild the patch for wildfire CWM it will be ok like nexus S.i hope the professional developers of the site make it possible for me.

We might possibly rebuild a patch, but I don't recommend including it with the ROM - it could be malicious for all we know.

arsalan11

Nov 12, 2011
Tehran
Phone.apk Force Close Issue

Gummy Rom is much better than milestone it's smooth and faster than Milestone but it has some problem.
when someone calls me i can't answer because phone.apk Force close happens and a message pops up"you have added your sim card You Must Restart your phone to use" it.
another problem is connecting to computer via USB my computer can not recognize this rom.when i plug my phone to USB nothing happens.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    1_1_aokp.png

Android Open Kang Project (AOKP)
    [Tutorial] How to port aokp? :p
    I am port from Samsung Galaxy Mini (GT-S5570) :good:

aokprom.png

About:
    AOKP stands for Android Open Kang Project. It is a custom ROM distribution for many Android devices. The name is a play on the word "kang" and AOSP (Android Open Source Project). The name was sort of a joke, but it just stuck, just like our infatuation with unicorns.

Info my rom:
    Base rom CyanogenMod 9 RC-0 of ErwinP and AOKP-milestone 6 of TheWhisp

Changelog:
    I don't known:p

Dowload:
    Update aokp milestone 6 (5-8-2012): here
    Update aokp milestone 6 (2-9-2012)(not tested): here
    AOKP old verson: here

Credits and big thank :D:
    * TheWhisp
    * ErwinP
    * arco68
    * Hacktrix2006
    * Sympnotic
    * stelios97
    hello all
    I want to continue port aokp
    if koolsavas busy with work, I'll come back
    The main reasons apps aren't added which can be downloaded are

1. Permission to use said app in the rom.
    2. Apps that receive regular updates are a waste of time as the rom dev/chef/porter has to keep checking for updates.
    3. Sideloading apps can cause errors in the play store when downloading an update to the app.
    4. People have different preferences to what apps they want installed so what you might like may not be someone elses cup of tea.

Its best all round to just keep the stock apps and not add alternatives, thats the reason we have the play store.........

Remember its not the devs fault if your country doesn't have access to the play store, you're in a minority here on xda as most people here do, roms will always be tailored to the majority and if you don't like what they do, make your own rom.

Your point about breaking things is kind of null as these are ports from another phone so although it may have worked on the first port, on the second port something may have been changed on the original which has broken something for us. It's not always as simple as just swapping the phone.apk as most likely that is exactly the same as the old one and the problem is elsewhere but without knowing exactly what has been changed/added/removed from the old rom it would be very hard to figure out......

The best thing you could do instead of crying on here that the dev has broken something is help him by getting a logcat of the problem so he can at least have a starting point of where to look.....

No offence meant, i'm just saying.;)

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
    Update: 09/07/2012 -Milestone 6
    I think it is stable
    Now I'm waiting to port jelly bean aokp :)
    Has anybody got the mobile data toggle to work by flashing the zip elia222 provided ?

flashed it with cache/dalvik cache wipe but with no success.

Currently using notification toggle app by j4velin for toggles but it would be nice to have it in ROM.

Replace the apps in the zip with root explorer and give proper permissions. Tested and working with this method ;)