[ROM][PORT][JB] Android Open Kang Project (AOKP) - SGH-i777 - [JB-MR1][4.2.1][01/03]

jcomana

Dec 31, 2011
Maracaibo
I installed yesterday and have to change this morning. Personnally, I wait the Rom will be more "cooked"...Keep freezing several times and no matter you touch, no response. Sorryfor all the effort from mlaws90 to present this version. It´s a Built 1. The rom is "too baby" yet.

oby2

Jul 9, 2011
Guaynabo
i tried installing it, and i got a status 7 error. ive been using my galaxy nexus and im trying to flash this on the wifes phone do i need cwm 6 to flash it?

wavemaster00

Jan 3, 2011
Operator error!

I am withdrawing my report that the phone does not ring on incoming calls.

It works fine once you set up quiet hours to occur during the night.

mlaws90

May 23, 2012
Chicago, IL
I installed yesterday and have to change this morning. Personnally, I wait the Rom will be more "cooked"...Keep freezing several times and no matter you touch, no response. Sorryfor all the effort from mlaws90 to present this version. It´s a Built 1. The rom is "too baby" yet.
Do you know what Build 1 means? It is the build after all of the release previews. And it is derived from official AOKP Build 1 code, if you want I would try flashing again with a full wipe, which you should have done already.

i tried installing it, and i got a status 7 error. ive been using my galaxy nexus and im trying to flash this on the wifes phone do i need cwm 6 to flash it?
I would try downloading again, I am working on a more reliable download link.

jacob1189

Apr 20, 2012
I agree with mlaws90, make sure you do a full wipe before flashing and also, flash the correct Gapps pack after flashing the rom (otherwise many important apps will freeze)

Mine has only froze once. the phone rebooted into the rom (which i think is much better than it just shutting off or having a black screen with no response)

Anyway, the ROM still works good for me, my alarm went off today so i wasn't late to school (a nightmare of mine haha)

Hey I have a question mlaws90, do you know if everyone (you/xda/aokp team) is ok with posting a link to Gapps? I'm sure it would be helpful for some people to have the link in the OP

Last edited:

InfantryMarc

Jul 8, 2011
Arkansas
Downloaded it when mlaws posted it. Haven't had any issues at all. Actually runs better than root box jb did. No random reboots or anything. Also used the inverted gapps and they work awesomely. My phone always liked aokp even on ICS. I'll stick to this one for the foreseeable future, or til task650 releases his marvel of a jb ROM. Thanks again mlaws

Sent from my SGH-I777 using xda premium

Reactions: REOGrand

jcomana

Dec 31, 2011
Maracaibo
I agree with mlaws90, make sure you do a full wipe before flashing and also, flash the correct Gapps pack after flashing the rom (otherwise many important apps will freeze)

Mine has only froze once. the phone rebooted into the rom (which i think is much better than it just shutting off or having a black screen with no response)

Anyway, the ROM still works good for me, my alarm went off today so i wasn't late to school (a nightmare of mine haha)

Hey I have a question mlaws90, do you know if everyone (you/xda/aokp team) is ok with posting a link to Gapps? I'm sure it would be helpful for some people to have the link in the OP
Hey Guys...I write my impressions...sorry, but my intention was not offense your works and viewpoints. I clarified is my perssonal opinion. I know is a early Built 1, I know what its mean. I use AOKP ROM 4.04 for a long time and know its works. (It´s excellet)

My personnal procedure are wipe date, cache, dalvik, battery, fix permissions, Format cache, format system, cleaning kernel, I try to prevent any disturb in my analisys....I am not a developer....only a simple user who fell, this forum is for help and support the develop and other users during the use of the Roms. Also, I know have to make a clear installation of the Rom and later Gaaps. I addition, sometimes install the Rom, twice to be sure made a proper installation.

(Sorry for my English)

Regards

Last edited:

mlaws90

May 23, 2012
Chicago, IL

I posted a link to gapps in the OP. It is ok to post I just forgot :). AOKP has the same link on their Build 1 page and it is all over xda.

Downloaded it when mlaws posted it. Haven't had any issues at all. Actually runs better than root box jb did. No random reboots or anything. Also used the inverted gapps and they work awesomely. My phone always liked aokp even on ICS. I'll stick to this one for the foreseeable future, or til task650 releases his marvel of a jb ROM. Thanks again mlaws

I agree I was on his AOKP ICS ROM for a while. He released his JB ROM to the GSIII, I think all of them(sprint and att I know for sure) and I've used it on that. Right now the Official CM10 for the d2spr is the way to go, project butter has been implemented.

InfantryMarc

Jul 8, 2011
Arkansas
I posted a link to gapps in the OP. It is ok to post I just forgot :). AOKP has the same link on their Build 1 page and it is all over xda.

I agree I was on his AOKP ICS ROM for a while. He released his JB ROM to the GSIII, I think all of them(sprint and att I know for sure) and I've used it on that. Right now the Official CM10 for the d2spr is the way to go, project butter has been implemented.
Yea still no word on when his i777 version will be out. I was faithful to his ROM since I started rooting my s2 but the jellybean beckoned me and I couldn't resist. I just never got the battery life everyone else got.

sk8ordie0

Oct 15, 2011
@ mlaws . Should I be over here on this ROM rather than cm10/aokp ? Basically does this have more features ? Anyone else can answer as well. Thanks guys! :)

MotoMudder77

Feb 8, 2010
Kapowsin, WA
Why you like packaging your ROMs with modems man? thats just stupid. said it before and im saying it again.

Modems are location dependent.

Thanks for your work, but your having a hard time grasping such a proven fact.

----------
Theres no mirror is there?
d/h sucks

Last edited:

tkienzle

Feb 9, 2008
I ran into a small bug if I check my MMS off the notification screen it sometimes messes up and puts the msg with no one that sent it and you can't respond kind of weird but everything else is working ok thanks off the ROM...

tonysave

Nov 13, 2010
stankonia
now that i got the download link working...

the rom has been working great! it feels really smooth, battery life isnt too shabby, and i haven't ran into any problems serious enough to want to uninstall it yet. just the occasional freeze up. all in all, thanks for the port!!

doublen1

Jan 20, 2010
Idaho
Why you like packaging your ROMs with modems man? thats just stupid. said it before and im saying it again.

----------
d/h sucks
The amount of time it took you to write this flame you could have flashed 3 modems. Why complain when you're going to flash the one that is "Location dependent" for you anyway?

CrossCut49

Oct 13, 2011
Indianapolis
Kang and Resurrection both had quiet media volume for me...Probably about 7/12 volume on Task's ICS ROM when at max. How is the media volume on this one for you guys?

Last edited:

mlaws90

May 23, 2012
Chicago, IL

----------
d/h sucks
It is so people don't forget because some of the ROMs I port flash a i9100 modem. Not all them but one or two. I may remove the modem from my releases soon. You are the only one that has said anything though. First you said fooNode sucks and now Dev-Host sucks, no one is forcing you to download.

The next release will be up late tonight.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2