[ROM][PORT][JB] Android Open Kang Project (AOKP) - SGH-i777 - [JB-MR1][4.2.1][01/03]

MotoMudder77

Feb 8, 2010
Kapowsin, WA
It is so people don't forget because some of the ROMs I port flash a i9100 modem. Not all them but one or two. I may remove the modem from my releases soon. You are the only one that has said anything though. First you said fooNode sucks and now Dev-Host sucks, no one is forcing you to download.

The next release will be up late tonight.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2
Im an ass. sorry

could just be me with d/h. Cant help ya on a better place, so should just keep my mouth shut on that.

But after 2 d/l's that took over 30min each o.0
the archive's are corrupt, and couldnt even open them.

since there is an update I'll stop trying to download this one.
If possible tho can you include a MD5 sum for the next one?

tiwey

Oct 18, 2010
Project name: android_device_samsung_galaxys2-common
•codeworkx - workaround for samsungs volume bug

I saw that in the original post. Does that mean that the volume for music playback is working properly? As of now I rely on my sgs2 for music too much while I work so I've remained on ics. If it's completely working now I'm going to upgrade. But I'd rather not go through the entire process of downloading, backing up, installing etc. Just to find out it doesn't work. I did see a post a Page back but there has not been a reply yet. Thanks for the answer guys

Sent from my SGH-I777 using xda app-developers app

ShawnReeves

Jul 20, 2012
Battlefield, MO
Project name: android_device_samsung_galaxys2-common
•codeworkx - workaround for samsungs volume bug

I saw that in the original post. Does that mean that the volume for music playback is working properly? As of now I rely on my sgs2 for music too much while I work so I've remained on ics. If it's completely working now I'm going to upgrade. But I'd rather not go through the entire process of downloading, backing up, installing etc. Just to find out it doesn't work. I did see a post a Page back but there has not been a reply yet. Thanks for the answer guys

Sent from my SGH-I777 using xda app-developers app
Yes music volume control works great. In fact this whole Rom works great.
Followed the steps of a fresh install and this is my new Daily Driver. Has all the features I could ask for(except call recording but that's not a huge deal). The smoothest, most stable JB Rom yet IMHO. Thank you mlaws90 for porting this bad boy!

Phalanx7621

Jul 17, 2011
Bethany Beach, Delaware
The reason Moto mentioned modems is because devs ( developers in development section) don't include them with their roms so we dont have to flash it. Because people who are flashing custom roms usually know about modems already. I personally don't care what modem I use as long as it works. For me, I use the original modem that came with gingerbread 2.3.4 . Uckh7. Has never failed me . Also, for those with status 7 errors, its because he's not changing the build.prop before uploading so just flash an i777 rom ( non ported) first then flash this. Thanks for the hell raising brotha. Have a great day all. :)

Sent from my SGH-I777 using Tapatalk 2

mlaws90

May 23, 2012
Chicago, IL
You are right I should start editing the build.prop. Next release will be edited for the i777. I'll get rid of all the i9100 in there and what ever else I see. :)

I'll be home soon to work on the next release.

EDIT: 08/24 Build is uploading now! No modem and the build.prop is edited a bit. Changed most the i9100 that were safe to changed to i777.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

MotoMudder77

Feb 8, 2010
Kapowsin, WA
Were there any main changes or upgrades to this 8/24 build?
Current build is working well so really don't want to resetup everything.
If I were to install this without a full wipe would all my settings and icons remain the same? I have always done a full wipe on all my installs so I'm really not sure.
didnt see any big changes over at the Original.

can always update by wiping cache and dalvik cache. wont lose any settings or icons(shouldnt atleast) but if you run into issues full wipe.

mlaws90

May 23, 2012
Chicago, IL
didnt see any big changes over at the Original.

can always update by wiping cache and dalvik cache. wont lose any settings or icons(shouldnt atleast) but if you run into issues full wipe.
It is a more recent repo sync and this one was built by Bajee11(RootBOX Dev) and Pier. If you want to know what changes were made, check the AOKP gerrit: gerrit.aokp.co

sk8ordie0

Oct 15, 2011
Just flashed. Putting a fresh charge on this puppy and I'll report back tomorrow night! :)

Sent from my SGH-I777 using xda premium

Globalrebel

Nov 8, 2006
California
does anyone know how to change the lockscreen actions? I was able to do this on AOKP ICS, but I can't seem to find the same thing in AOKP JB. I love the rom, but I like to have the unlock option on the left rather then the right.

MotoMudder77

Feb 8, 2010
Kapowsin, WA
does anyone know how to change the lockscreen actions? I was able to do this on AOKP ICS, but I can't seem to find the same thing in AOKP JB. I love the rom, but I like to have the unlock option on the left rather then the right.
There are alot more options missing than just that. Its still in development man, this is build one.

the model T didnt come with no power windows. give it time.

sk8ordie0

Oct 15, 2011
We all want the options just have to wait until they implement them.

Patients young grasshappa as the day shale come.;)
Sent from my SGH-I777 using xda premium