[ROM][PORT] Likewise S5 4.1 | TW - 4.4.2 - NE4

Search This thread

talkingmonkeys

Recognized Contributor / Themer
May 15, 2013
What MMS issue?
Probably. There is a new build up from enewman17, I just haven't been able to work on it yet.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-T999 using Tapatalk

Neither have I. Still need to update tms3kk too. This ROM is running flawless for me with great battery life for the last 2 weeks. I may be theming s5 apps for my ROM next update too.

Its just a matter of having the free time to get to it working so much more and always having stuff to do off here.

Reactions: lubotron

lilajrestnom

Jul 31, 2011
Philadelphia
This ROM is great, but I have one small issue. When I disable the double tap home button for S-voice from the extra settings, if I double tap the home button it gives me a toast saying "application not installed" and opens the play store to search for something it can't find. I get the same result when I set the seach app to Google.
My temporary solution was to disable the play store. This way I get the toast notification but it doesn't do anything else.
Is there a way to just disable the double tap home from doing anything? Id rather use the app for when I need to search something and keep the home button for going to the home screen.
Sent from my SPH-D700 using xda app-developers app

JJMiller35

Jun 24, 2009
I discovered the hold home to close active apps problem with it hanging and then reboot only happens when plugged in to charger. It doesnt have any issues when running unplugged.

B

Bass_Man25

Any idea what com.sec.knox.eventsmanager does? I noticed it in my Greenify list. I wonder if it's a "left over" from Knox removal.

Thanks.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-T999 using XDA Free mobile app

shinkien

Apr 29, 2011
This ROM is great, but I have one small issue. When I disable the double tap home button for S-voice from the extra settings, if I double tap the home button it gives me a toast saying "application not installed" and opens the play store to search for something it can't find. I get the same result when I set the seach app to Google.
My temporary solution was to disable the play store. This way I get the toast notification but it doesn't do anything else.
Is there a way to just disable the double tap home from doing anything? Id rather use the app for when I need to search something and keep the home button for going to the home screen.
Sent from my SPH-D700 using xda app-developers app

try setting google as the app, toggling the check mark then rebooting. i had the same problem and this eventually fixed things for me.

great rom guys. getting the most mileage out of this old device. thanks!!

4Orr

Jan 26, 2012
Thanks for keeping this ROM alive, Doc.
Can anyone confirm text and phone blocking feature in this ROM please? I read somewhere Google was not including these functions in Android 4.4 and newer versions and you would need to resort to an app.

Illstatic

Dec 16, 2012
Atlanta
Thanks for keeping this ROM alive, Doc.
Can anyone confirm text and phone blocking feature in this ROM please? I read somewhere Google was not including these functions in Android 4.4 and newer versions and you would need to resort to an app.

It's here you dont need an app

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-T999 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Reactions: 4Orr

slowDSM

Apr 16, 2014
I have this rom running on my wife S3 and will love to have something similar on my S4 (i337) but didnt find anything. Any recommendations???:good:

Illstatic

Dec 16, 2012
Atlanta
Whenever I close notification that's been there for a while i get a system ui fc or when i play music every once in a while it'll fc

DocHoliday77

May 10, 2011
HuntsVegas!!!
Whenever I close notification that's been there for a while i get a system ui fc or when i play music every once in a while it'll fc

Haven't HD that happen to me. I'll try to leave some notifications alone for a while though to test. About how long would you say you left them there? Does it ever happen if you swipe a notification away right away?

allendj81

Sep 26, 2010
LBC, CA
I love the rom and the option to use secthemes! Would really love to see the option for stock grid launcher and drawer, and an option for bloatware so we can delete what we dont need.

Illstatic

Dec 16, 2012
Atlanta
Haven't HD that happen to me. I'll try to leave some notifications alone for a while though to test. About how long would you say you left them there? Does it ever happen if you swipe a notification away right away?

Not sure on either one of those questions im just assuming

yahanna

Jun 23, 2014
Havent installed the rom yet. But someone requested an option to delete bloatware. Does the rom have bloatware? If so, how can we delete it?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    LikeWise S5 v4.1
    :cowboy: Ported for the T999 :cowboy:

Based on Enewman17's S3Rx 4.0
    AT&T's 4.4.2 NE4 Firmware

:cyclops: Developers :highfive:
    @talkingmonkeys
    @¿Will-it-Blend?
    @enewman17
    @nyfl2004
    @lemonboi5
    @saranhai
    @DocHoliday77

***Please check out the original Likewise S5 thread in the AT&T Development Section***
    ----->>9.15.14 | 4.4.2 | LikeWise S5 4.1 | NE4<<-----

This ROM was originally developed by Lemonboi5, and development is being continued by talkingmonkeys, nyfl2004, ¿Will-it-Blend?, enewman17 and myself.
    (Though all credit to the guys listed before me!)

Anyone is welcome to use any part of this ROM, as long as you give proper credit. And remember to hit "Thanks" when you see the guys who have put so much effort into this!

Disclaimer
    Although we do test there is always a chance things may go wrong. As always
    we do not take responsibility for what you do to your phone. You should know what your getting yourself into.
    If you don't, please do not flash this and READ, READ, READ these forums till you feel confident enough to do so.

REQUIREMENTS
    As with our other TW 4.4.2 ROMs, you MUST be running on 4.3 or newer firmware. This will not boot on anything older.
    This includes the KT747 kernel by ktoonsez , and is currently the ONLY kernel that will work with this ROM.
    Again, YOU MUST BE RUNNING 4.3 OR NEWER FIRMWARE!!!!

FEATURES

Based on S3Rx 4.0
    Galaxy S5 Theme (In Progress)
    Galaxy S5 Apps and S5 Mini Apps
    Galaxy Note 3 Apps
    Themed Camera APK
    S5 Keyboard thanks CNexus
    S Finder, Quick Connect
    Extra settings from S3Rx added to s5 settings
    Added more ringtones and notification sounds
    Added a lot of fonts
    Added TravelService.apk (Lock Screen wallpaper from the S5)
    New S5 grid settings with extra settings thanks enewman17
    Heads up notifications enabled. Setting in Extras. Thanks enewman17 and moonknightus for the guide
    Improved ripple effect. Thanks enewman17 and tdunham
    All lock screen effects unlocked
    Motion settings don't work

Updated most of the s5 apps to s5 mini apps to reduce RAM usage. Thanks to Anindya JV
    More themes for the launcher can be found here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2711245

DOWNLOAD
    LikeWise S5 v4.1 T999 Port
    Release Date: 9.16.2014

Here is the latest base of Likewise/S5 Experience,,,, whatever you guys want to call it.
    App fixes
    S5 SystemUI Actually looks like S5 now.
    fixed the wallpaper selection in settings>display>wallpaper
    Framework theme fixes... More still needs done.
    added S5 boot animation
    Fixed long press menu kill and music controls.
    fixed gallery fc
    Added T999 check in the install script so it will add the necessary files for your T999

This base should be pretty stable so do what you want with it.

Screenshots
    https://www.dropbox.com/sh/c31kklbq2ai17go/AACu6BNAFumT2rtrbwVgdvlKa?dl=0

To install:
    CLEAN INSTALL ONLY!!!
    Wipe and Flash... enjoy.
    ROM
    md5: 7cb413795fbe93ff9d9c5792c708b2b5
    https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=95747613655050337
    Just to let everyone know I will be getting an update to the S5 Experience this weekend. I pretty much got all those pesky little bugs like the menu pop ups in the browser an music. Fixed menu to kill and music controls.... I broke them adding toolbox. Fixed the wallpaper setting in settings>display>wallpaper. I got the system ui actually looking like the S5 even though I'm using the S5 system ui. Few more framework theme tweaks and some more S5 app fixes...
    I hope to get it uploaded late... late late. Like 1or 2 in the morning. Have some more clean flash tests to do.
    S3Rx - S5 Experience

Well, here we go!

There is not much different in this release from @enewman17's first one. It includes all the needed changes for it to be a proper T999 port, and a few other very minor, unnoticeable changes. Gallery is working.

Only minor bug I have run into so far is with the menu in the stock Browser. You cannot see the options.
    Give it a try, and let us know how everything is working for you! Hope you enjoy it if you haven't been already!

Thanks to enewman17 for continuing to work on this stuff and sharing it with us!

I will add this to the OP tomorrow. Getting too late for much else right now.

https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=95747613655049687
    :cowboy::cowboy:
    So I got a bit sidetracked with trying to add S5 apps to S3Rx AROMA. Well... After playing with everything
    I took the ROM in a different direction. I really like the new design it's quite refreshing. Without
    further ado I present to you my S5 ROM.

S5 Experience

S5 themed
    Lots of S5 apps. Rom is pretty bloated, most is in the /data so if you don't want it simply uninstall it.
    S5 Toolbox
    S5 TouchWizHome with Magazine and Theme
    S5 Weather Widget
    S5 Wallpaer/Livewallpaper picker
    S5 Dialer
    S5 Keyboard
    S5 Mms
    S5 Memo
    S5 Gallery
    S5 PhotoStudio
    S5 Email with Exchange forced secure pin disabled.
    S5 Browser
    S5 SPlanner a.k.a calendar
    S5 Svoice
    S5 FireWall/VIP mode
    S5 Video Player
    S5 Music Player
    S5 VoiceNote
    S5 Backup app
    S5 File Explorer
    S5 Health Stuff, in /data
    OpenVPN, needs testing still.
    Viper4Android
    Sound boost
    Xposed and modules added to /data
    Updated apps
    All S3Rx extra settings.

You will need to do a clean install.... This will take awhile to boot.

MD5 e496d9ece6b04409c12ac77dc11de2a0
    https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=95747613655047914

T-Mobile users should flash this after the rom.
    https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=95747613655047942
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone