Development [ROM][PORT][OneUI4.1] RayOS S21FE Port for Galaxy A52 [SM-A525G/F]

Search This thread
Does anyone have problems with their Galaxy A52 randomly touching in pocket?

This seems to be a hardware issue rather than software. Although I don't remember having it often in the stock rom.

I'm currently testing out pixel experience (which doesn't have any touch protection), but was using RayOS May build previously, and it somehow was able to start playing music in my pocket.

I had DT2W disabled, and only the fingerprint was always active. I remember sometimes being sweaty, and when I took my phone out the fingerprint was disabled because of too many attempts.

Is this something we can fix from the software side? Like tweaking the proximity sensor config to make the touch protection more strict.

I'm currently staying on pixel experience because samsung's "accidental touch protection" still causes touch issues for me.

Thank you for working on this ROM.

ShaDisNX255

Apr 3, 2014
Matamoros
Samsung Galaxy A52s 5G
Does anyone have problems with their Galaxy A52 randomly touching in pocket?

This seems to be a hardware issue rather than software. Although I don't remember having it often in the stock rom.

I'm currently testing out pixel experience (which doesn't have any touch protection), but was using RayOS May build previously, and it somehow was able to start playing music in my pocket.

I had DT2W disabled, and only the fingerprint was always active. I remember sometimes being sweaty, and when I took my phone out the fingerprint was disabled because of too many attempts.

Is this something we can fix from the software side? Like tweaking the proximity sensor config to make the touch protection more strict.

I'm currently staying on pixel experience because samsung's "accidental touch protection" still causes touch issues for me.

Thank you for working on this ROM.
I've had this problem too and rather than trying to look through the firmware for any value to change regarding the proximity sensor I just flip my screen towards the outside of my pocket rather than touching my leg. It's much easier in the end and saves me countless hours trying to figure out how Samsung determines their touch protection :)

I've had this problem too and rather than trying to look through the firmware for any value to change regarding the proximity sensor I just flip my screen towards the outside of my pocket rather than touching my leg. It's much easier in the end and saves me countless hours trying to figure out how Samsung determines their touch protection :)
I just started doing this recently out of frustration xD

well guess this is the only way to mitigate the issue.

Thank you for the info :)

Reactions: hamudistan

Alex2233

Feb 1, 2022
RayOS S21FE Port for Samsung Galaxy A52
Here it is, a system port of S21 FE. It was easier than expected and works surprisingly well. This will be the definitive edition of RayOS moving forward. Take time to read the FAQ or else I will probably ignore you :)
Enjoy!

Code:
* Warning, your warranty is now void.
* We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
* thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
* do some research if you have any concerns about flashing this ROM
* before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
* you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you. HARD!

Supported variants!
  • SM-A525F
  • SM-A525M

Features!
  • Based on S21 FE July firmware (G990U1S3CVF3)
  • DeX working (wireless and wired to PC via USB)
  • Live Blur
  • Native AppLock
  • Allow screenshots on secure apps
  • Fixed Private Share and Secure Wifi
  • Secure Folder fixed
  • Smart Widgets (Already on S21FE FW by default)
  • Object eraser (Already on S21FE FW by default)
  • Debloated
  • Edge Lighting fully enabled (Already on S21FE FW by default)
  • Smart View fixed
  • Higher audio quality (Disabled DRC, which deeply compresses audio)
  • High-End Animations (Already on S21FE FW by default)
  • Enhanced pocessing (this also probably doesn't do anything, but give it a try) (Already on S21FE FW by default)
  • CSC Features like:
    • Stock call recording
    • Speed meter on statusbar
    • Spam call blocker
    • AppLock line
  • Added camera privacy toggle to remove camera access across apps (Already on S21FE FW by default)
  • Added HDR10+ lines (improves effect in HDR content)
  • Added optional AOD to clock animation. Avoid using it with FOD. You can disable it in the installer.

Screenshots!

Sources!
I decided to show my work so to speak on GitHub. You can see the list of all the apps I removed and all the lines that were added to camera and floating features. Feel free to take a look and make pull requests if you want me to add something on potential future releases.

Bugs!
  • I included the March kernel in the installer. This is causing some problems with AOD. If you have this problem, install a custom kernel like riseKernel and you should be good. This is an interesting bug. Found out this bug only happens when you install any stock kernels from February and onward without flashing the whole firmware. It seems Samsung added changes to AOD outside of kernel and system. The reason riseKernel works in this case is because it's based on OneUI 4.0 (January) and does not depend on the extra changes Samsung added. So if you're facing this problem with stock kernel, either fully update your phone via Odin (Feb or March patch) or just install riseKernel
  • Remaster picture from Gallery not working, hopefully fixed in a future update
  • You tell me

Changelog!
  • 24/July/2022:Release based on July S21FE firmware (G990U1S3CVF3)
    • Added native AppLock
    • Edited installer
    • Removed Samsung security
    • Fixed SSRM warning
    • Added DeX standalone to activate without a monitor
  • 07/June/2022: Release based on May S21 FE Firmware (G990U1UES3CVD3)

Links!

Prequisites
  • Update your phone to Android 12. This ROM doesn't work with Android 11 bootloader as of now.
  • OrangeFox build 11.1_2 for Android 12 installed
  • Being unencrypted (recommended)

Instructions!
  • Add zip to either internal memory or SD card
  • OPTIONAL but recommended: Format data. This will erase media too.
  • Flash zip via custom recovery
  • Be sure to select the option to install Super first
  • After it's finished, reboot your phone to recovery and flash the zip again
  • This time in the installation, select the option to install RayOS S21FE Port
  • Follow instructions and make the selections based on your preference
  • OPTIONAL: Flash custom kernel and Magisk

Credits!
@SuperR. For his Super R's Kitchen which you can find here: https://xdaforums.com/apps/superr-kitchen/windows-linux-superr-s-kitchen-v3-0-0-0-t3601702
@topjohnwu for Magisk
@geekmaster21 for compiling, updating and maintaining OrangeFox for A52
@BlassGO for dynamic installer, which makes this installation easy. You can find dynamic installer here: https://xdaforums.com/t/zip-dual-in...ler-stable-3-5-android-10-or-earlier.4279541/
@kirbynx for allowing me to use some aspects of her setup of Dynamic Installer and for the Samsung Services disabler.
@SkylinesHD for his continued work in the A72 scene and continuing to share his knowledge
@ricci206 for various fixes and mods posted here: https://xdaforums.com/t/mods-samsung-not-android-mods-collection-exynos.3772017/
@ananjaser1211 for always being there willing to help on all my questions and support.
@Simon1511 for his help with kernel and development in general.
@ All my testers
@ Samsung for the firmware
@ To users like you!

If you feel I missed you, please give me a PM so I can add you
Hello! I saw you doing a port for the galaxy a series on the s21fe, I have an a33 5G and I would also like to install the port, is it somehow possible? Greetings and respect!

Hi,
First of all, thanks for creating this ROM, I've been daily driving it since its first release and I love it
But I have a bug in the August version that is kind of weird, I think it's a problem with the AOD animation but I'm not sure.
Basically, if AOD (or show charging info) is enabled, a few seconds after the screen turns off, the screen is kinda blown up and it's green with some pixels having other colours. However if I press the power button or touch the fingerprint sensor, it returns to normal!
Here's a video of it happening: https://upload.disroot.org/r/hu69M2tp#qmzRZ3BxZMweDA3CPgjwyqYDoaPHV3eFiDhoJYMiR/s=
In the meantime, I'm going to try and downgrade to the July version and see if that fixes it or not.
Also, I only installed Magisk after upgrading from the July version and I didn't have the FOD animation enabled, I only chose it with this update.
--
Quick update: I installed the 2022.08.11 SixTeen kernel and the issue seems to be resolved now...? I think it's an issue with the August kernel

Last edited:

ShaDisNX255

Apr 3, 2014
Matamoros
Samsung Galaxy A52s 5G
Hi,
First of all, thanks for creating this ROM, I've been daily driving it since its first release and I love it
But I have a bug in the August version that is kind of weird, I think it's a problem with the AOD animation but I'm not sure.
Basically, if AOD (or show charging info) is enabled, a few seconds after the screen turns off, the screen is kinda blown up and it's green with some pixels having other colours. However if I press the power button or touch the fingerprint sensor, it returns to normal!
Here's a video of it happening: https://upload.disroot.org/r/hu69M2tp#qmzRZ3BxZMweDA3CPgjwyqYDoaPHV3eFiDhoJYMiR/s=
In the meantime, I'm going to try and downgrade to the July version and see if that fixes it or not.
Also, I only installed Magisk after upgrading from the July version and I didn't have the FOD animation enabled, I only chose it with this update.
--
Quick update: I installed the 2022.08.11 SixTeen kernel and the issue seems to be resolved now...? I think it's an issue with the August kernel
Usually it's incompatibility with stock kernel. If you update to August patch fully with Odin (stock) and then immediately flash the ROM with August kernel, the problem should not occur. And an alternative, as you confirmed, is just use a custom kernel.

Reactions: KszKristof

joesnose

Dec 5, 2009
thanks for the update.

i have an issue where i uptated and lost twrp......trying to reinstall it but keeps reverting to stock recovery. any advice on what i am missing?

thanks.

edit....disregard, got it fixed by choosing reboot to download mode in odin then rebooted to twrp from download mode......seems to have made it stick.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Ok so it seems a lot of people are becoming a bit nervous about this project being dead.
    First of all, I want to thank all of you for the interest in the ROM. It's nice to see that a lot of people like it and are looking forward to new versions of it.
    However, I have to make it clear that I'm not a big fan of monthly security updates.
    I think it's great for users who never root. Samsung releasing updates for this user base is fantastic and I'm happy for you, but for rooted users I think it's a bit unnecessary. Most of the time, security updates don't really add much if anything at all. My biggest issue with security updates is the fact that I have to make the same edits over and over again for every single month update (if you're curious as to what edits I make, you can easily check it out here: https://github.com/ShaDisNX255/RayOS-S21FE-Port/commits/Android12)
    And while in theory the amount of work can be reduced by doing a comparison between both previous and newest month builds, I really don't want to spend time or the disk space on extracting two different months and checking folder by folder what's new and what's still the same when I may end up doing the exact changes anyway. I think people who are on Telegram know this about me but I just wanted to put it out there.

Now, when it comes to OneUI5. I know it's around the corner and everyone's excited about it but I won't really work on it for a while. The point of my ROMs has always been to fix things Samsung likes to break for rooted users. This includes smart view, health, secure folder, etc... and I depend mostly on devs sharing fixes. Some fixes aren't available right away and I'm not skilled enough on figuring them out myself. I'm able to edit smali and follow the guides a lot of great devs like to share to fix some services but I'm not able to figure them out myself.
    Another potential issue that could pop up is that the kitchen I'm using no longer can create images based on newer Android versions. Unfortunately, SuperR's been very busy from what I've seen so if there's any issue on Android 13 images, then I won't even be able to make a ROM.

That being said, I may work on a stock version of Android 13 with a few things modded just to test the waters. If that's successful then I'd try another S21FE port and start working from there. I may release it, I may not. Only time will tell. There's no October patch because there's nothing important in it, so I decided to skip it.
    _________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

TLDR; This project is not dead. I don't like monthly security updates. I won't work on OneUI 5 right away and if I do, I still don't know if I'll release it or not, all depends on how things progress.
    RayOS S21FE Port for Samsung Galaxy A52
    Here it is, a system port of S21 FE. It was easier than expected and works surprisingly well. This will be the definitive edition of RayOS moving forward. Take time to read the FAQ or else I will probably ignore you :)
    Enjoy!

Code:
    * Warning, your warranty is now void.
    * We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about flashing this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you. HARD!

Supported variants!
    • SM-A525F
    • SM-A525M

Features!
    • Based on S21 FE September firmware (G990BXXU2CVH7)
    • DeX working (wireless and wired to PC via USB)
    • Live Blur
    • Advanced Reboot options
    • FM Radio
    • Remaster Picture in Gallery
    • Native AppLock
    • Allow screenshots on secure apps
    • Fixed Private Share and Secure Wifi
    • Secure Folder fixed
    • Smart Widgets (Already on S21FE FW by default)
    • Object eraser (Already on S21FE FW by default)
    • Debloated
    • Edge Lighting fully enabled (Already on S21FE FW by default)
    • Smart View fixed
    • Higher audio quality (Disabled DRC, which deeply compresses audio)
    • High-End Animations (Already on S21FE FW by default)
    • Enhanced pocessing (this also probably doesn't do anything, but give it a try) (Already on S21FE FW by default)
    • CSC Features like:
      • Stock call recording
      • Speed meter on statusbar
      • Spam call blocker
      • AppLock line
    • Added camera privacy toggle to remove camera access across apps (Already on S21FE FW by default)
    • Added HDR10+ lines (improves effect in HDR content)
    • Added optional AOD to clock animation. Avoid using it with FOD. You can disable it in the installer.

Screenshots!

photo_2022-06-07_08-35-11.jpg

photo_2022-06-07_08-35-16.jpg

photo_2022-06-07_08-35-21.jpg

photo_2022-06-07_08-35-28.jpg

photo_2022-06-07_08-35-31.jpg

photo_2022-06-07_08-35-35.jpg

photo_2022-06-07_08-35-37.jpg

photo_2022-06-07_08-35-41.jpg

Sources!
    I decided to show my work so to speak on GitHub. You can see the list of all the apps I removed and all the lines that were added to camera and floating features. Feel free to take a look and make pull requests if you want me to add something on potential future releases.

Bugs!
    • Remaster picture from Gallery not working, hopefully fixed in a future update Fixed
    • Scanning a document with camera is still broken, this will be my next goal
    • You tell me

Changelog!
    • 29/September/2022: Release based on September S21FE firmware (G990BXXU2CVH7)
      • Fix for Samsung Health, no need for patched app now [Huge thanks to @DavidArsene ]
      • Added Advanced Reboot Menu [Huge thanks to @quadraticfunction here in XDA]
      • Added Screen capture (Screenshot) and VoLTE buttons in quick settings
      • Removed wide angle in Pro Video, was buggy
      • Made SixTeen Kernel the default kernel because it's soo good :)
    • 27/August/2022:Release based on August S21FE firmware (G990BXXU2CVG7)
      • Fixed Remaster Picture in Gallery (thanks to @ananjaser1211 )
      • Fixed CTS profile breaking
      • Fixed punch hole location when using Face Unlock
      • Fixed Single Take in camera
      • Made DeX Standalone optional in installer to fix DeX to PC
      • Added FM radio
    • 24/July/2022:Release based on July S21FE firmware (G990U1S3CVF3)
      • Added native AppLock
      • Edited installer
      • Removed Samsung security
      • Fixed SSRM warning
      • Added DeX standalone to activate without a monitor
    • 07/June/2022: Release based on May S21 FE Firmware (G990U1UES3CVD3)

Links!

Prequisites
    • Update your phone to Android 12. This ROM doesn't work with Android 11 bootloader as of now.
    • Orangefox or TWRP
    • Being unencrypted (recommended)

Instructions!
    • Add zip to either internal memory or SD card
    • OPTIONAL but recommended: Format data. This will erase media too.
    • Flash zip via custom recovery
    • Be sure to select the option to install Super first
    • After it's finished, reboot your phone to recovery and flash the zip again
    • This time in the installation, select the option to install RayOS S21FE Port
    • Follow instructions and make the selections based on your preference
    • OPTIONAL: Flash custom kernel and Magisk

Credits!
    @SuperR. For his Super R's Kitchen which you can find here: https://xdaforums.com/apps/superr-kitchen/windows-linux-superr-s-kitchen-v3-0-0-0-t3601702
    @topjohnwu for Magisk
    @geekmaster21 for compiling, updating and maintaining OrangeFox for A52
    @BlassGO for dynamic installer, which makes this installation easy. You can find dynamic installer here: https://xdaforums.com/t/zip-dual-in...ler-stable-3-5-android-10-or-earlier.4279541/
    @kirbynx for allowing me to use some aspects of her setup of Dynamic Installer and for the Samsung Services disabler.
    @SkylinesHD for his continued work in the A72 scene and continuing to share his knowledge
    @ricci206 for various fixes and mods posted here: https://xdaforums.com/t/mods-samsung-not-android-mods-collection-exynos.3772017/
    @ananjaser1211 for always being there willing to help on all my questions and support.
    @Simon1511 for his help with kernel and development in general.
    @Flylarb for helping me fix Remaster Picture
    @quadraticfunction for his work on Extended Reboot Menu, getting it to work on Android 12 and sharing the method here: https://xdaforums.com/t/...-mods-collection-exynos.3772017/post-87443799
    @Kyvangka1610 for SixTeen Kernel, please visit the original thread and leave your like which you can find here: https://xdaforums.com/t/kernel-12-aosp-oneui-gsi-sixteen-kernel-for-a52-4g.4476427/
    @DavidArsene for his method to bypass the Samsung Health knox check which was shared in the Telegram Development group
    @ All my testers
    @ Samsung for the firmware
    @ To users like you!

If you feel I missed you, please give me a PM so I can add you
    So far it looks like the OneUI 5 ROM may be a reality.
    Quickly made one with the Russia OUI5 Release and it's been pretty smooth
    I may publish it soon, just as a stock modified with a few added features.
    Sorry if I've been late on updates, been real busy lately.
    Just wanted to confirm that yes, August update is in the works
    My goal is to fix Single take and Gallery remaster in Gallery (been making great progress on both)
    I don't have an ETA but rest assured this is my priority so far
    Hopefully I can have it done soon
    After weeks of being busy and new developments happening, I should be able to finally release the September build this week

The changelog so far in September is the following:
    - Attempt to fix wide angle camera on Pro video/camera mode, I don't remember if this is available in stock
    - Advanced Reboot Menu, allow you to add things like "Reboot to recovery" or "Reboot to Download Mode" to your power menu
    - Fix for Samsung Health. You will no longer need to download any patched version, you will be able to just download the app from Galaxy Store
    - Added Screenshot and VoLTE buttons in quick settings [CSC features, make sure to install them when asked in installer]

And I think overall stability. I'm still on testing phase but hopefully a release should be available this week
    Thanks for being patient :)