Development [ROM][PORT][OneUI4.1] RayOS S21FE Port for Galaxy A52s 5G [SM-A528B]

Search This thread

ShaDisNX255

Apr 3, 2014
Matamoros
Samsung Galaxy A52s 5G
Wow. Thanks for this update man.

My country is not available on this firmware's csc (xtc) I was wondering do I only need to copy this rom's csc features to the stock one or are there any other file that needs to be copied too? I want to flash the stock csc using odin because there was an app (I honestly forgot) that keeps nagging me it's not available in my country. Also another the benefit of it is having the Chat features of stock messages, but I don't want to lose the roms features.

I have tried (working chat features and rom features), but I just want to make sure I'm doing it right. Anyways thank you again so much !
My ROM installation method will not replace your CSC but only edit it.
It's got a script built in to unencrypt and add csc feature lines. It will also delete any .apk file it finds inside csc so I don't know if your csc has that app you want or if it only allows you to download it from Playstore
If you still want to do this manually, you can check my github all the CSC lines I have scripted to be added on CSC so you can take a look:

joowdx

Jun 13, 2017
My ROM installation method will not replace your CSC but only edit it.
It's got a script built in to unencrypt and add csc feature lines. It will also delete any .apk file it finds inside csc so I don't know if your csc has that app you want or if it only allows you to download it from Playstore
If you still want to do this manually, you can check my github all the CSC lines I have scripted to be added on CSC so you can take a look:

You're not wrong, but it defaults to XEO after installing it because there's no XTC available in the firmware.

I'll try to check on it later. Thanks man.

GreenIce

Jun 13, 2008
After weeks of being busy and new developments happening, I should be able to finally release the September build this week

The changelog so far in September is the following:
- Portrait mode on stock camera should be fixed
- Attempt to fix wide angle camera on Pro video/camera mode, I don't remember if this is available in stock
- Advanced Reboot Menu, allow you to add things like "Reboot to recovery" or "Reboot to Download Mode" to your power menu
- Permanent fix for camera. No more need for Magisk module (permanent as long as you stay in my ROM or keep my vendor, of course)
- Fix for Samsung Health. You will no longer need to download any patched version, you will be able to just download the app from Galaxy Store
- Added Screenshot and VoLTE buttons in quick settings [CSC features, make sure to install them when asked in installer]

And I think overall stability. I'm still on testing phase but hopefully a release should be available this week
Thanks for being patient
Thank you for the heads-up, looking forward to the release.

ShaDisNX255

Apr 3, 2014
Matamoros
Samsung Galaxy A52s 5G
After weeks of being busy and new developments happening, I should be able to finally release the September build this week

- Attempt to fix wide angle camera on Pro video/camera mode, I don't remember if this is available in stock
- Advanced Reboot Menu, allow you to add things like "Reboot to recovery" or "Reboot to Download Mode" to your power menu
- Permanent fix for camera. No more need for Magisk module (permanent as long as you stay in my ROM or keep my vendor, of course)
- Fix for Samsung Health. You will no longer need to download any patched version, you will be able to just download the app from Galaxy Store
- Added Screenshot and VoLTE buttons in quick settings [CSC features, make sure to install them when asked in installer]

And I think overall stability. I'm still on testing phase but hopefully a release should be available this week
Thanks for being patient
So after testing a bit, unfortunately there are 2 fixes that didn't work

Comment: Looks like it's still broken. Will try to fix it before release but if I can't then this will remain as a bug

Comment: It looks like this doesn't work on my testing but it did when I first added it. It looks like I'm still going to have to depend on a Magisk Module to fix camera

Still trying my best to fix the first. Also, the screenshot and volte buttons will no longer be CSC features, they will be included in the SystemUI by default so you won't have to worry about installing CSC features just to get them.

EDIT: Ok so today's status is:
Comment: It's not available in stock, so removed it. Ultra wide is not available now in Pro Video mode to avoid this bug
Comment: As mentioned previously, this didn't work so I'm sticking to a modified Magisk Module to fix camera for now
- Added Screenshot and VoLTE buttons in quick settings
- NEW: Fixed switching cameras while recording (no longer bugged, previously it would be showing upside down)

Last edited:

bobfrantic

I installed the sept release today and all is working well. Thanks to you fewer magisk modules are needed, which is good. One thing I thought of while going through the installation process is would using the aroma installer eliminate the two step installation that is currently the way to install the rom? Just a thought that it would make it a one step installation...

ShaDisNX255

Apr 3, 2014
Matamoros
Samsung Galaxy A52s 5G
I installed the sept release today and all is working well. Thanks to you fewer magisk modules are needed, which is good. One thing I thought of while going through the installation process is would using the aroma installer eliminate the two step installation that is currently the way to install the rom? Just a thought that it would make it a one step installation...
Well unfortunately it seems Aroma installer doesn't work for our device. In fact, it doesn't seem to work on any Snapdragon device I've tried but apparently it works fine on Exynos devices. Simplifying the installation process is already in the works for the next update now that you mention it. Last time I tried it wasn't feasible to unmount -> install img and then re-mount -> make edits, there needed to be a forced reboot to recovery. But I'll see if the Dynamic Installer dev has managed to do anything about it.

bobfrantic

Well unfortunately it seems Aroma installer doesn't work for our device. In fact, it doesn't seem to work on any Snapdragon device I've tried but apparently it works fine on Exynos devices. Simplifying the installation process is already in the works for the next update now that you mention it. Last time I tried it wasn't feasible to unmount -> install img and then re-mount -> make edits, there needed to be a forced reboot to recovery. But I'll see if the Dynamic Installer dev has managed to do anything about it.
I was afraid it was something like not being compatible with our device or on snapdragon phones. The two step is okay as it is with your rom though, as I thought being able to install in one step would be good and the ability to choose what features would be wanted by touch a bit easier... thanks for the answer... and the rom. I like it!

GreenIce

Jun 13, 2008
Once again, I am having trouble downloading the ROM. Would you be able to add a mirror link to the Android File Host please?
Thanks,

Fblmagic

Oct 2, 2022
My camera dosent work for some reason maybe i need to download a module?
Screenshot_20221002-153009.jpg

GreenIce

Jun 13, 2008
I installed the September 2022 release, all is good and working well. Thank you.

Additionally, visually following this youtube video,

the missing OEM Unlocking in Developer options is now visible too. Credits to youtube publisher Urdu Arena and to the respective Author of this video.

ShaDisNX255

Apr 3, 2014
Matamoros
Samsung Galaxy A52s 5G
the missing OEM Unlocking in Developer options is now visible too. Credits to youtube publisher Urdu Arena and to the respective Author of this video.
I still don't understand why the need to add it at this point. You've already installed a custom O.S. there's no more need for it.
In fact, making it visible just increases the risk of accidentally pressing it and locking yourself out of the device.

GreenIce

Jun 13, 2008
I still don't understand why the need to add it at this point. You've already installed a custom O.S. there's no more need for it.
In fact, making it visible just increases the risk of accidentally pressing it and locking yourself out of the device.
In order to try out other custom ROMs, I had to go back and install stock ROM as the base (for a clean install), hence I wanted to make sure OEM Unlocking was enabled.

ShaDisNX255

Apr 3, 2014
Matamoros
Samsung Galaxy A52s 5G
1- Before i flash the RayOS S21FE Port, which stock firmware version shall be installed my A52s ... currently the installed one is Android11 A528BXXU1AUK4
Honestly I'd try updating to something more recent (OneUI 4.1 at the very least). Heck I recommend updating to the most recent firmware with Odin and then installing the ROM

2- Any way to install MicroG on RayOS S21FE Port?
I've never tried MicroG, maybe someone else can comment on this

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    RayOS S21FE Port for Samsung Galaxy A52s 5G
    Here it is, finally the full port installable with TWRP which is finally released thanks to the hard work of @BlackMesa123
    Enjoy!

Code:
    * Warning, your warranty is now void.
    * We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about flashing this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you. HARD!

Supported variants!
    • SM-A528B

Features!
    • Based on S21 FE September firmware (G990BXXU2CVH7)
    • DeX working (wireless and wired to PC via USB)
    • Live Blur
    • Advanced Reboot options
    • Remaster Picture in Gallery
    • Native AppLock
    • Fixed camera with change of prop
    • Allow screenshots on secure apps
    • Fixed Private Share and Secure Wifi
    • Secure Folder fixed
    • Smart Widgets (Already on S21FE FW by default)
    • Object eraser (Already on S21FE FW by default)
    • Debloated
    • Edge Lighting fully enabled (Already on S21FE FW by default)
    • Smart View fixed
    • Higher audio quality (Disabled DRC, which deeply compresses audio)
    • High-End Animations (Already on S21FE FW by default)
    • Enhanced pocessing (this also probably doesn't do anything, but give it a try) (Already on S21FE FW by default)
    • CSC Features like:
      • Stock call recording
      • Speed meter on statusbar
      • Spam call blocker
      • AppLock line
    • Added camera privacy toggle to remove camera access across apps (Already on S21FE FW by default)
    • Added HDR10+ lines (improves effect in HDR content)
    • Added optional AOD to clock animation. Avoid using it with FOD. You can disable it in the installer.

Sources!
    I decided to show my work so to speak on GitHub. You can see the list of all the apps I removed and all the lines that were added to camera and floating features. Feel free to take a look and make pull requests if you want me to add something on potential future releases.

Bugs!
    • Scanning a document with camera is still broken, this will be my next goal
    • You tell me

Changelog!
    • 29/September/2022: Release based on September S21FE firmware (G990BXXU2CVH7)
      • Fix Portrait Mode in stock camera
      • Fix for switching camera when recording video
      • Fix for Samsung Health, no need for patched app now [Huge thanks to @DavidArsene ]
      • Added Advanced Reboot Menu [Huge thanks to @quadraticfunction here in XDA]
      • Added Screen capture (Screenshot) and VoLTE buttons in quick settings
      • Removed wide angle in Pro Video, was buggy
      • Renamed MagiskHide Props module
    • 27/August/2022: Release based on August S21FE firmware (G990BXXU2CVG7)
      • Fixed Remaster Picture in Gallery (thanks to @ananjaser1211 )
      • Fixed CTS profile breaking
      • Fixed punch hole location when using Face Unlock
      • Fixed Single Take in camera
      • Made DeX Standalone optional in installer to fix DeX to PC
    • 24/July/2022: Release based on July S21FE firmware (G990U1S3CVF3)
      • Added native AppLock
      • Edited installer
      • Removed Samsung security
      • Fixed SSRM warning
      • Added DeX standalone to activate without a monitor
    • 07/June/2022: Release based on May S21 FE Firmware (G990U1UES3CVD3)

Links!

Prequisites
    • TWRP
    • Being unencrypted (recommended)

Instructions!
    • Add zip to either internal memory or SD card
    • OPTIONAL but recommended: Format data. This will erase media too.
    • Flash zip via custom recovery
    • Be sure to select the option to install Super first
    • After it's finished, reboot your phone to recovery and flash the zip again
    • This time in the installation, select the option to install RayOS S21FE Port (step 2)
    • Follow instructions and make the selections based on your preference

Credits!
    @SuperR. For his Super R's Kitchen which you can find here: https://xdaforums.com/apps/superr-kitchen/windows-linux-superr-s-kitchen-v3-0-0-0-t3601702
    @topjohnwu for Magisk
    @BlackMesa123 for compiling and working on TWRP for A52s
    @BlassGO for dynamic installer, which makes this installation easy. You can find dynamic installer here: https://xdaforums.com/t/zip-dual-in...ler-stable-3-5-android-10-or-earlier.4279541/
    @kirbynx for allowing me to use some aspects of her setup of Dynamic Installer and for the Samsung Services disabler.
    @SkylinesHD for his continued work in the A72 scene and continuing to share his knowledge
    @ricci206 for various fixes and mods posted here: https://xdaforums.com/t/mods-samsung-not-android-mods-collection-exynos.3772017/
    @ananjaser1211 for always being there willing to help on all my questions and support.
    @Simon1511 for his help with kernel and development in general.
    @Flylarb for helping me fix Remaster Picture
    @Didgeridoohan for his Magisk Module MagiskHide Props Config that I used to modify a bit to change the prop ro.boot.flash.locked to 1 to fix camera. You can find the original thread on the following link, please visit and leave your like: https://xdaforums.com/t/module-magiskhide-props-config-safetynet-prop-edits-and-more-v6-1-2.3789228/
    @quadraticfunction for his work on Extended Reboot Menu, getting it to work on Android 12 and sharing the method here: https://xdaforums.com/t/mods-samsung-not-android-mods-collection-exynos.3772017/post-87443799
    @DavidArsene for his method to bypass the Samsung Health knox check which was shared in the Telegram Development group
    @ All my testers
    @ Samsung for the firmware
    @ To users like you!

If you feel I missed you, please give me a PM so I can add you
    Please don't ask for ETAs. It'll get here when it gets here. Just be assured that yes I am working on it.

Thanks for being patient
    So after testing a bit, unfortunately there are 2 fixes that didn't work

Comment: Looks like it's still broken. Will try to fix it before release but if I can't then this will remain as a bug

Comment: It looks like this doesn't work on my testing but it did when I first added it. It looks like I'm still going to have to depend on a Magisk Module to fix camera

Still trying my best to fix the first. Also, the screenshot and volte buttons will no longer be CSC features, they will be included in the SystemUI by default so you won't have to worry about installing CSC features just to get them.

EDIT: Ok so today's status is:
    Comment: It's not available in stock, so removed it. Ultra wide is not available now in Pro Video mode to avoid this bug
    Comment: As mentioned previously, this didn't work so I'm sticking to a modified Magisk Module to fix camera for now
    - Added Screenshot and VoLTE buttons in quick settings
    - NEW: Fixed switching cameras while recording (no longer bugged, previously it would be showing upside down)

Thanks for being patient
    Join our Telegram group

Code:
    Check out the latest projects on our Telegram group, where we share our advancement on new things and try to help as best as we can.
    For anything already released, please ask here in XDA

Link: Telegram Group

Follow our Telegram channel

Code:
    Check out the latest updates on our Telegram Channel. Here you'll find the latest news in regards to custom releases (ROMs, TWRP, etc)...
    For anything already released, please ask here in XDA

Link: Telegram Channel

Follow our Telegram Spanish group

Link: Grupo en español