• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM] [PORT] Pretty stable CM11 (4.4.4) for Lumia 52x!

Search This thread

MLX

Mar 12, 2016
Buenos Aires
Code:
#include <std_disclaimer.h>
/*
* Your warranty is now void.
* I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
* thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
* do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
* before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
* you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
*/
Unofficial Cyanogenmod 11 ROM ported from Sony Xperia M!
Should work on Lumia 520/521/525/526/720, please report if it works or has any problem!
This rom is based on thinhx2 port, but has been fixed on some things to increase performance/put things to work.

WARNINGS:
If it's the first time you install Android on your Lumia, please go to this post and read the instructions: Android4Lumia original post
This rom includes by default the unofficial touchscreen drivers, as I have one.
If you have an official touchscreen, please flash this to boot through fastboot/twrp (same kernel without touch patch): http://www.mediafire.com/file/lxmh9pgqrbnj2fq/cm11-boot-officialtouch.img
For Lumia 520/521 users: DON'T INSTALL GAPPS IF YOU DON'T WANT TO THROW YOUR PHONE OUT THE WINDOW!! It becomes excessively laggy until you disable some Google play services using an app like Service Disabler.
I still don't recommend using any Lumia 52x with an Android ROM as a daily usage device, until some things are done (for example, better RAM management or RIL fixed).

Download here

Working:
Wi-Fi
Bluetooth
Battery meter (if you battery is damaged blame it, not me :p)
Almost everything (if not listed at not working list).

Not working:
RIL
Camera
Light/proximity/accelerometer sensors
Headphone jack not tested. BT headphones works :p

Screenshots:

Thanks to:
Android4Lumia project and all of it's members, for the main project. Without they nobody would get Android running on our Lumias!
thinhx2, for doing the port long ago and giving me the basics to start learning.
TBM13, for including unofficial touch support into the kernel and helping me to make the wifi/bt work.

ROM Info:
Rom OS Version: Android 4.4.4 Kitkat
Rom Kernel: 3.4.x
Kernel source:
Unofficial touch included here, original touch kernel here.

Version Information
Created: 2019-12-17
Last Updated: 2019-12-17

Last edited:

MustStash

Jul 22, 2018
cool

it installed successfully on a lumia 521 & let me tell you something ,it blows all of the other lineage builds out of the water,it even comes with the option to set root out of the box ,it's also snappier & I've noticed the wifi scanning is not as clumsy as it was on lineage,& since my lumia 521 still has the official touchscreen i had to flash that boot img through twrp because after the initial rom flash i booted without it & the touchscreen was acting funny,thanks man

Reactions: MLX

nicholas45

Feb 17, 2020
working on lumia 520

managed to install it on the lumia 520, seems to be working fine though the headphone jack is not working, which is a shame, i was hoping to be able to use this device as a music player among a few other things. anyone knows a way to fix that?

Ragedpixel

Dec 27, 2019
Faridabad, Haryana
From where do I get gapps for this ROM I flashed plenty of them but none of them worked please send me the link . the ROM is too cool

Thank you
Manav Harsana

MLX

Mar 12, 2016
Buenos Aires
From where do I get gapps for this ROM I flashed plenty of them but none of them worked please send me the link . the ROM is too cool

Thank you
Manav Harsana
if you do have a Lumia 520, then I don't recommend using GApps because of they do make the phone UNUSABLE.
I'm used to have low end phones, my main phone currently has worse specifications than the 520 and still works better than a 520 with gapps. Really, don't do that. If you want to ignore this, just download ARM gapps for 4.4 at opengapps.org

Reactions: Ragedpixel

Ragedpixel

Dec 27, 2019
Faridabad, Haryana
if you do have a Lumia 520, then I don't recommend using GApps because of they do make the phone UNUSABLE.
I'm used to have low end phones, my main phone currently has worse specifications than the 520 and still works better than a 520 with gapps. Really, don't do that. If you want to ignore this, just download ARM gapps for 4.4 at opengapps.org
Tried it but no luck I am also used to low end devices I have a device with armv6 processor 256mb ram and 196mb storage (I partitioned SD card and expanded to 4 GB) it's limit is android 4.4.4 and can't go further than that that is also stable and gapps suck in that device so I don't use em but I have a Lumia 525 it is capable to run gapps I guess and if not it's ok I will let you know at least it will be worth trying 🙂. I will try to flash gapps again and lets see what happens. Can you help me to change back to Twrp Recovery please is there a way we can make a zip file for it instead of the IMG file which is not supported by Cwm I really want twrp back.

Thank you

Ragedpixel

Dec 27, 2019
Faridabad, Haryana
Hey every thing is now fixed I installed flashify APK and then I downloaded twrp glee IMG and installed it via that app now I have twrp and when I flashed gapps with twrp it worked really nice so the main problem was actually Cwm(Lol)

The rom Rocks even with gapps

Thank you
Manav Harsana

Ragedpixel

Dec 27, 2019
Faridabad, Haryana
Code:
/*
*/
Should work on Lumia 520/521/525/526/720, please report if it works or has any problem!
This rom is based on thinhx2 port, but has been fixed on some things to increase performance/put things to work.

WARNINGS:
If it's the first time you install Android on your Lumia, please go to this post and read the instructions: Android4Lumia original post
If you have an official touchscreen, please flash this to boot through fastboot/twrp (same kernel without touch patch): http://www.mediafire.com/file/lxmh9pgqrbnj2fq/cm11-boot-officialtouch.img
For Lumia 520/521 users: DON'T INSTALL GAPPS IF YOU DON'T WANT TO THROW YOUR PHONE OUT THE WINDOW!! It becomes excessively laggy until you disable some Google play services using an app like Service Disabler.
I still don't recommend using any Lumia 52x with an Android ROM as a daily usage device, until some things are done (for example, better RAM management or RIL fixed).

Download here

Working:

Wi-Fi
Bluetooth

Not working:
RIL
Camera

Screenshots:

Thanks to:
Android4Lumia project and all of it's members, for the main project. Without they nobody would get Android running on our Lumias!
thinhx2, for doing the port long ago and giving me the basics to start learning.
TBM13, for including unofficial touch support into the kernel and helping me to make the wifi/bt work.

ROM Info:
Kernel source:

Version Information
Status
: Testing
Um... i need 2 helps :-

1. After flashing the rom it shows my device as lumia 520 [But it is actually 525] and because of that i cant flash the lineage os 14 on this [i can the fame version] but [cant install the glee version and that is giving me a lots of problems. HOW DO I FIX IT?

2. Please port cm12 for our devices. And BTW i am making a lollipop themed rom based on your rom.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Code:
    /*
    */

WARNINGS:

Download here

Working:
    Wi-Fi
    Bluetooth

Not working:
    RIL
    Camera

Screenshots:

Thanks to:

ROM Info:
    Kernel source:

Version Information
    cool

it installed successfully on a lumia 521 & let me tell you something ,it blows all of the other lineage builds out of the water,it even comes with the option to set root out of the box ,it's also snappier & I've noticed the wifi scanning is not as clumsy as it was on lineage,& since my lumia 521 still has the official touchscreen i had to flash that boot img through twrp because after the initial rom flash i booted without it & the touchscreen was acting funny,thanks man
    anyone knows a way to fix that?
    I've heard somewhere that using an app called SoundAbout you can setup the headphone jack correctly, but I'd not test that and as I'd give my 520 to a friend I can't test that anymore.

Sent from my Galaxy S5 using XDA Labs
    It boots on lumia 525 but the touch screen is glitched please fix it! I can't even pass the welcome screen
    As said, this ROM comes with the unofficial touch patch, so if you have an original touchscreen please follow the instructions and flash the original kernel (also attached).
    As said, this ROM comes with the unofficial touch patch, so if you have an original touchscreen please follow the instructions and flash the original kernel (also attached).
    Hey I did it I just downloaded the boot IMG and then placed it in the zip it worked. The ROM is really nice :).

Sent from my lumia 525
    Thank you