Oct 31, 2019

Code:
/*
* Your warranty is now void.
* I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
* thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
* do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
* before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
* you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
*/
Finally a new update, this is a new beta of MIUI 12 for Redmi 7A. There's new feature: finally for all variant of Redmi 7A, more stable, good speed and no bug.

What's working?

• Bluetooth (audio work)
  • RIL (Calls, SMS, Data)
  • Wi-Fi
  • Camera and video
  • Video Playback
  • Audio
  • Sensors
  • Flash
  • LED
  • GPS
  • VoLTE
Know Issues
You tell me

Installation
USE 64BIT RECOVERY (TWRP 64bit link: HERE)

• Download all files and extract the RAR file of MIUI12;
  • Install TWRP 64bit;
  • Wipe System, Vendor, Cache, Internal Storage, Data and Dalvik;
  • Format data;
  • Reboot;
  • Flash the base and MIUI 12 img;
  • Reboot;
  • Flash permissiver;
  • Reboot;
  • Wait some minutes while you see MIUI 12 setup wizard.
Downloads
You can download all files
HERE

Contact (Telegram)
Redmi 7A GSI Discussions (my group): @redmi7agsi
Redmi 7A Official Group: @PineOfficial
Redmi 7A GSI Updates: @redmi7agsiupdates
Redmi 7A Updates: @Redmi7AUpdates

Credits
Xiaomi
Sezam4ik (for make this porting)
Djemil (for the kernel)
Me (for make this post)

• Android version: 10
  • MIUI version: 12
  • Based on: Redmi 8
  • ROM developer: Sezam4ik
  • ROM Kernel: Linux 4x

Attachments

DanceSpecial40

Oct 31, 2019
[UPDATE] 29/12/2020
Changelogs:
  • Fixed synchronization of messages
  • Fixed call synchronization
  • Added reboot in Recovery
  • Added reboot to Fastboot
  • Added apps that were removed in previous versions: Weather, Music, Calendar, Voice Recorder
  • Android patches applied: Signature check is always correct, apk integrity check, Signature check in package manager
  • Removed the cutout in the game and horizontal position
  • Return the power icon in the BT devices
  • Cleaning the system from *.bak files that were left in the editing process
  • The location of the icons in the status bar has been changed to the stock rom
  • Changed the height of the status bar

Nhựt VietNam

Dec 13, 2020
Another problem is the notification light does not work when there are notifications from facebook, Messenger..... When charging is normal. I hope you will fix it

Browden

Oct 3, 2016
hello, I have tested the ROM and here's what I find:
-bluetooth audio still doesn't work. the bluetooth device connected successfully but the media audio still coming through phone loudspeaker just like any other 64bit ROM.
-the permission interface is not like the latest miui build. for example when installing apk it must turn on "install unknown apps" in the app settings instead of giving option "allow once"

Ferrantes

Jan 5, 2021
-bluetooth audio still doesn't work. the bluetooth device connected successfully but the media audio still coming through phone loudspeaker just like any other 64bit ROM.
-the permission interface is not like the latest miui build. for example when installing apk it must turn on "install unknown apps" in the app settings instead of giving option "allow once"
FaceUnlock work?
yes

Reactions: 19Robot95

Ferrantes

Jan 5, 2021
I also had the same problem at first, flash permissiver_v5 again, clean dalvik, and everything is solved

Jan 24, 2021
I just created an account here to thank everyone involved in this port. It works wonderfully for my 32GB Redmi 7A and 64-bit support is amazing. I was pretty disappointed to find that this device was software-locked by Xiaomi... Quite a **** move to be honest.

There were however some issues I faced but there's only one in particular that I think needs attention.

AIDA64 reports the processor's max clock speed as 2.4GHz which worries me since it should be running at only 2.01GHz. (Picture included). Is it safe to do heavy tasks using this ROM?

Attachments

Browden

Oct 3, 2016
since now that there is official MIUI 12 rom will this help with the next update for the drivers especially the Bluetooth audio?
also I prefer if the rom based on xiaomi.eu release, even though it is based on China firmware and lacking some languages I think it is the best rom for daily use.

DanceSpecial40

Oct 31, 2019
since now that there is official MIUI 12 rom will this help with the next update for the drivers especially the Bluetooth audio?
also I prefer if the rom based on xiaomi.eu release, even though it is based on China firmware and lacking some languages I think it is the best rom for daily use.
this rom it's 64bit