• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][PORT][UNOFFICIAL][kenzo/kate][11] LineageOS 18 [STABLE] [25-08-2021]

Search This thread

amn1987

i lost around 15% battery although battery saver was on and data was off it needs a fix .
these screenshot were taken after I woke up.
But UI is really smooth and device heating is not there.
battery back up issue is may be because of pseudo battery capacity(not fully charging up to 4000mah)(as there is no heating).
or may be ram management issue.
( it seems this kernel taking double ram compared to my other a9 device)
take your time to give stable update as this seems really smooth and great
A11 is noticeably more RAM hungry than A9. Also as long as apps aren't being evicted from memory much too quickly no need to worry. I have a 2GB Redmi 3s and in A11 it just about holds 3-4 apps in memory after the switch to Userspace LMK from SimpleLMK and using a third-party module to tweak memory management a bit. In earlier A11 builds even holding 2 apps in memory was a struggle. Unfortunately the A11 Go Edition builds resulted in random reboots and had to be abandoned.
Battery capacity reduces with time. For ex. the battery capacity in my Poco F1 reduced from the original 4000mAh to 3236mAh in 20 months. 10% reduction every 10 months and 300 battery cycles. Redmi Note 3 and 3s both supported bypass charging from the beginning so battery capacity is still in the 80-85% range 4+ years later. Recently found out how to enable bypass charging in F1 as well and hoping for a similar outcome.

Last edited:

anushudupi

Jun 9, 2021
A11 is noticeably more RAM hungry than A9. Also as long as apps aren't being evicted from memory much too quickly no need to worry. I have a 2GB Redmi 3s and in A11 it just about holds 3-4 apps in memory after the switch to Userspace LMK from SimpleLMK and using a third-party module to tweak memory management a bit. In earlier A11 builds even holding 2 apps in memory was a struggle. Unfortunately the A11 Go Edition builds resulted in random reboots and had to be abandoned.
Battery capacity reduces with time. For ex. The battery capacity in my Poco F1 reduced from the original 4000mAh to 3236mAh in 20 months. 10% reduction every 10 months and 300 battery cycles. Redmi Note 3 and 3s both supported bypass charging from the beginning so battery capacity is still in the 80-85% range 4+ years later. Recently found out how to enable bypass charging in F1 as well and hoping for a similar outcome.
I tried new kernel no result difference found

My multitasking working properly
As 3gb ram

Reactions: nasim7500

anushudupi

Jun 9, 2021

tejasvi001

Nov 3, 2017
Is RR 8.6.9 stable? Any known bugs? Does it support native video call?
Yes it's pretty much stable. I have no idea about video calls as no new phone supports it. Any phone with Google phone dialer doesn't support it. I never use it anyways. But only install Resurrection Remix if you have the 3gb variant or else install Nusantara Project June 12th update. It's super stable on my 2gb variant. The only bug I could find is GPS bug which can be fixed by "Turn on GNSS measurement" in developer settings. There's no GPS bug in Resurrection Remix. Good luck.

Reactions: saltmangotree

QantivirusP

Mar 15, 2021
Xiaomi Redmi Note 3
I returned from another ROM to this one - I wanted to tell you about the following bugs that were still faulty at the time of the release of this build.

Some bugs are not fixed:
1) Weak vibration.
2) Accidentally reboot.
3) Long press on "Recent Apps" in hardware button.

Last edited:
Reactions: nasim7500

xitin2000x

Feb 17, 2011
I dont know, is it bug or not but some apps are unable to install from google play store. Play store shows unable to install app try common fixes. I have tried everything... But still issue persists.
apps which shows error - Call of Duty Mobile and Microsoft Office
version: Lineage OS 18.1 (Stable new by nasim7500)
device: Redmi note 3 32gb/ 3gb varient.
gapps used: MindTheGapps package
(Although I know I can download apk from internet😂.... By the way Rom is very good and better from previous version😘❤❤)
I have same problem. Please fix it..
Thank a lots.

dadmcleader

Aug 30, 2011
untill bug fixing you can use official ressurection remix based on andriod 10 download link
Yes it's pretty much stable. I have no idea about video calls as no new phone supports it. Any phone with Google phone dialer doesn't support it. I never use it anyways. But only install Resurrection Remix if you have the 3gb variant or else install Nusantara Project June 12th update. It's super stable on my 2gb variant. The only bug I could find is GPS bug which can be fixed by "Turn on GNSS measurement" in developer settings. There's no GPS bug in Resurrection Remix. Good luck.
Hi guys I installed the latest RR rom. It boots up normally and although the display works, the touch screen and buttons DON'T work. I have a replacement screen from AliExpress. Any way to get it to work?

gEEk_Kolkata

Nov 24, 2014
Kolkata
Hi, thank you very much for making this...

Two questions:
1. What is the SELinux status (enforced or not)?
2. Pre-rooted/not rooted?

Basically want to know whether apps that demand non-rooted device, will work or not.

Long live kenzo+LineageOS.

anushudupi

Jun 9, 2021
se lin
Hi, thank you very much for making this...

Two questions:
1. What is the SELinux status (enforced or not)?
2. Pre-rooted/not rooted?

Basically want to know whether apps that demand non-rooted device, will work or not.

Long live kenzo+LineageOS.
se linux disabled
not rooted
safety net also broken
you can fix it by rooting with magisk

65c02

Jun 4, 2016
Today found this when using camera, not ever has an SD card installed, and after reboot it is fine.
"Insert an sd card before using the camera"

Reactions: anushudupi

anushudupi

Jun 9, 2021
i lost around 15% battery although battery saver was on and data was off it needs a fix .
these screenshot were taken after I woke up.
But UI is really smooth and device heating is not there.
battery back up issue is may be because of pseudo battery capacity(not fully charging up to 4000mah)(as there is no heating).
or may be ram management issue.
( it seems this kernel taking double ram compared to my other a9 device)
take your time to give stable update as this seems really smooth and great
@nasim7500 this the boot image file in ressurection remix (andriod 10) 8.7.0
i lost around only 7% although my mobile data , locations (high accuracy) were on in this rom
please try to change kernel in next update.
can i change full boot image to change kernel or how to extract kernel zip from boot image(is there any method @nasim7500 ? ) ?

Attachments

• boot.img
    9.9 MB · Views: 18
  • Screenshot_20210702-083600754[1].jpg
    Screenshot_20210702-083600754[1].jpg
    192.1 KB · Views: 43
  • Love
Reactions: Ardityo

65c02

Jun 4, 2016
Finger print not working after 3 days' of uptime, no response even in setup, reboot resumed.

anushudupi

Jun 9, 2021
@nasim7500 this the boot image file in ressurection remix (andriod 10) 8.7.0
i lost around only 7% although my mobile data , locations (high accuracy) were on in this rom
please try to change kernel in next update.
can i change full boot image to change kernel or how to extract kernel zip from boot image(is there any method @nasim7500 ? ) ?
It's fingerprint working now?
Cause' last time I cheked doesn't.
Can you confirmed. Thanks guys.
Fingerpeint is working. But we need to press lock button when touching fingerprint button. Then it.opens.
lock screen issues are because of kernel you can flash boot image of ressurection remix 8.7.0 to boot partition
i have uploaded boot image in above replies

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Lineage-OS.jpg

Lineage-os 18 for Redmi Note 3 pro, ported from Mi Max by @nasim7500

What's working:
    ----------------
    • Boot
    • Bluetooth
    • Camera / Camcorder
    • Fingerprint Sensor
    • FM Radio
    • GPS
    • RIL
    • WiFi
    • WiFi Hotspot
    • USB (ADB/MTP)
    • Video Playback
    • Touch
    • Sensors

Bugs:
    -------
    • DT2W (if you need this then install magisk & use any kernel manager app)
    • Some hidden bug there maybe, not sure

Installation instructions:
    ---------------------------
    • Install a compatible Recovery (orangeFox recomended)
    • Perform a NANDroid backup of your current ROM (Optional)
    • Wipe system / data / cache partitions
    • Flash ROM & Gapps then reboot
    • After boot, again reboot one more time
    • Optional: Install Magisk for Root.

Special thanks to these guys (For help me)
    ----------
    @MrJarvis698, @trax85, @Jrchintu @Magicxavi

Also This guy for Testting this Rom
    -----------------
    @JeSsyB007, @H39AR

BUG FIXING FULL CREDIT: OUR GOD (Allah)

NOTE:

• We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead sdcard, etc
    • If you find any other bug you can tell me, I will try to fix but no promises
    • All mejor bug fixed, now enjoy!!
    • if you face rendom reboot problem then just format data partition after install this Rom, from twrp thnx to @QantivirusP & @Ardityo
    • you want selected text feature in normal version? click here
    • This is my first post in xda so if somthing i wrong then tell me
    • Still alive poor battery backup then just flash this kernel
    • chines character kernel have obb bug

SCREENSHOTS:

ROM Download Link:
    ------------------
    lineage-os-18.1_ported_for_kenzo_by-nasim7500 25-8-2021.zip

FlameGApps-11.0-basic-arm64-20210822.zip

[MODED_ROM] lineage-os-18.1_ported_for_kenzo_by-nasim7500 24-8-2021.zip

Changelogs

25/08/2021

• Fixed safetynet by default thnx to @Rajat_Prime & @sairam60
    • Fixed Fingerprint won't wakeup screen
    • Fixed weak wifi signal
    • Fixed weak vibration
    • Fixed poor battery backup again (cause min cpu value set to high) thnx to @trax85
    • Obb Fixed Big Thnx to @trax85 for compiling new kernel && @alonsoj636 & @Rajat_Prime for give me the Commit file

>>>>> MODE VERSION <<<<<

• Gapps included
    • added selected text feature by default
    • add Solid explorer to system app thnx to @SkullMax01

1/06/2021

• Fixed Camera
    • Fixed Fingerprint
    • Fixed FM Radio.
    • Fixed Heaing Issue
    • fixed Poor Battery backup
    • Fixed TWRP Installation error on kenzo device thnx to @nshussain (for findout why this problem)

Rom ported by nasim7500.

Guys if you like my work plz press like button & support to my helper or respect him, thank you..Now Enjoy!!

And Last i Want to say Thank you so much from my heart for All Kenzo dev for your hard & awseome Work...
    Great work @nasim7500
    Just a small suggestion if you have time to work on.

Disabling Selinux (Permissive) is very dangerous from Android 10. Any app can get permanent root permissions when it is disabled without the user knowing.

Here is the POC in wild.

Kindly prioritize it before anything else. Hopefully this official guide on Selinux by Lineage helps you.

Are you planning to fix Camera and Goodix FP issues? What about Face Unlock? Or it depends on new MiMax fixes? Pls update OS version & build info in your top (header) post each time you upload a new build and update its download link.
    now Camera & FP fixed bro,,,
    Could you please tell me that how did you reduced the img size? I'm facing at the same error says
    update process ended with error 1.
    Install Ubuntu os on a VM, copy img file you converted over there.
    On terminal browse to location where you saved img and run commands:
    e2fsck -f -y system.img
    resize2fs -M system.img
    Copy img from Ubuntu to computer and then phone. (I used internet, couldn't understand how to copy directly)
    From recovery:
    flash system.img to system partition.
    Reboot to recovery.
    Mount system partition,
    Resize system partition.
    Install gapps.

Dont forgot to flash boot.img to boot partition as well.

Regards,
    I dont know, is it bug or not but some apps are unable to install from google play store. Play store shows unable to install app try common fixes. I have tried everything... But still issue persists.
    apps which shows error - Call of Duty Mobile and Microsoft Office
    version: Lineage OS 18.1 (Stable new by nasim7500)
    device: Redmi note 3 32gb/ 3gb varient.
    gapps used: MindTheGapps package
    (Although I know I can download apk from internet😂.... By the way Rom is very good and better from previous version😘❤❤)