[ROM] [PORT] [WIP] Unofficial Streak_CM9

Search This thread

Razak RK

Jun 24, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
Now we can change each app dpi use xposed installer and some tweak with xposed modules.
I have tried it and it work, but not all tweaks can work.

Install xposed installer and all the modules attached, open xposed installer and choose install / update, then go to modules and check all, reboot.
To change app dpi, open app settings, choose from apps list, on the top screen turn on tweaks and change the dpi (no need to change or fill other option), choose save and closed the app. Some apps need reboot.
@nom051205 ,
Thank you for the great continues effort you made and still making for this ROM. I'm gonna try it soon.
Can you explain, what is app xposed installer do? What's it's for? Different dpi setting for different apps we have on DS5? Sorry, can you help to explain a bit more? Thanks.

##Secondly, and most importantly, these are files that I NEED to flash, am I correct? :-
1) Update-CM9-Streak-Xperia-Walkman.zip
2) AOSP_ICS_KERNEL.zip (this will fix for data counter to work? Correct?)
3) update-Gapps-ICS-21216.zip , plus if I wish/require update-Gapps-Opt-ICS-21216.zip
4) Xposed Installer_&_Modules (if I wish)
5) CM-9-RC-2-tabletUI.zip (is it still required if want to set to 120/128dpi?)

##And I do NOT need these files (see below), correct?
A) AwesomeBEATSv3.zip
B) CM-9-Stock-Audio.zip
C) CM-9-RC-2-bluetooth.zip
D) CM-9-RC-2-tabletUI.zip
E) gpu_libs_cm9.zip
F) mdpi-phone.zip
G) unofficial-CM-9-RC-2-streak.zip (this is an older version, am I correct?)

Hope you give the answers/feedback soon... And thank you again for the awesome work. I will feedback ASAP once I've tried it. :thumbup: :)

Sent from my Dell Streak using xda app-developers app

Last edited:

Razak RK

Jun 24, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
I have installed this ROM, but I would still be waiting for feedback on my prev. post (above). Had to install it twice because baseband miss matched (buttons LEDs freq. blinking - left over fr. the tweaks I made on prev. use Custom ROM). Had some reboot issues during restore apps. Then I tried changing dpi to 120 using DPI changer app, but it state unable, then I reboot, it stuck at Dell Logo... Ha ha ha...
Well, I would like change the dpi and have some of my above questions answered. Can someone help...please...? :(

BTW, I'm in Malaysia, using "Celcom" as my mobile service provider. Data and USSD Code works OK on Celcom. Also Bluetooth works, can send files to and fro my DS5 and Notebook.

I am thinking, what other phone brands & models, that similar to DS5, which we can copy some files from that phones to be combines with this ROM to make the camera works...any idea...anyone...?

Sent from my Dell Streak CM9 Android ver. 4.0.4 with 8Gbyte Internal memory ;)

Last edited:

mamoid

Jul 18, 2012
Hyderabad
ICS kernal

hey folks,

I am going to flash this ROM can anyone amongst you already using this ROM temme what is the ICS kernal for.....should the kernal be flashed before flashing the ROM or after....and lastly is it mandatory as i seen its not mentioned in the steps of installation in the original post...?

be waiting for your valued advice...thank you :confused:

Aaryana

Aug 10, 2012
hey guys
can any one tell me , is data net working for bsnl vodafone and airtel in india.? :rolleyes:

Sent from my Dell Streak using xda premium

nom051205

May 20, 2010
@nom051205 ,
Thank you for the great continues effort you made and still making for this ROM. I'm gonna try it soon.
Can you explain, what is app xposed installer do? What's it's for? Different dpi setting for different apps we have on DS5? Sorry, can you help to explain a bit more? Thanks.

##Secondly, and most importantly, these are files that I NEED to flash, am I correct? :-
1) Update-CM9-Streak-Xperia-Walkman.zip
2) AOSP_ICS_KERNEL.zip (this will fix for data counter to work? Correct?)
3) update-Gapps-ICS-21216.zip , plus if I wish/require update-Gapps-Opt-ICS-21216.zip
4) Xposed Installer_&_Modules (if I wish)
5) CM-9-RC-2-tabletUI.zip (is it still required if want to set to 120/128dpi?)

##And I do NOT need these files (see below), correct?
A) AwesomeBEATSv3.zip
B) CM-9-Stock-Audio.zip
C) CM-9-RC-2-bluetooth.zip
D) CM-9-RC-2-tabletUI.zip
E) gpu_libs_cm9.zip
F) mdpi-phone.zip
G) unofficial-CM-9-RC-2-streak.zip (this is an older version, am I correct?)

Hope you give the answers/feedback soon... And thank you again for the awesome work. I will feedback ASAP once I've tried it. :thumbup: :)

Sent from my Dell Streak using xda app-developers app

Sorry for my late answer, link up on second post, you only need to flash the ROM, its contains tablet ui already, install exposed installer if you want to change each apps density, no need to flash others zip.

nom051205

May 20, 2010
hey folks,

I am going to flash this ROM can anyone amongst you already using this ROM temme what is the ICS kernal for.....should the kernal be flashed before flashing the ROM or after....and lastly is it mandatory as i seen its not mentioned in the steps of installation in the original post...?

be waiting for your valued advice...thank you :confused:

Just flash the rom, it has kernel inside it (ICS kernel by nop). If you want to change kernel to aosp, then flash aosp kernel by kibuuka.

Last edited:

nom051205

May 20, 2010
I have installed this ROM, but I would still be waiting for feedback on my prev. post (above). Had to install it twice because baseband miss matched (buttons LEDs freq. blinking - left over fr. the tweaks I made on prev. use Custom ROM). Had some reboot issues during restore apps. Then I tried changing dpi to 120 using DPI changer app, but it state unable, then I reboot, it stuck at Dell Logo... Ha ha ha...
Well, I would like change the dpi and have some of my above questions answered. Can someone help...please...? :(

BTW, I'm in Malaysia, using "Celcom" as my mobile service provider. Data and USSD Code works OK on Celcom. Also Bluetooth works, can send files to and fro my DS5 and Notebook.

I am thinking, what other phone brands & models, that similar to DS5, which we can copy some files from that phones to be combines with this ROM to make the camera works...any idea...anyone...?

Sent from my Dell Streak CM9 Android ver. 4.0.4 with 8Gbyte Internal memory ;)

Change density by edit ro.sf.lcd_density in buildprop.
Tablet ui density is 128, 120 I think too small :)

For camera, better ask nop or kibuuka.
But I feel camera will never fix, ds will never have fully working ics or jb, sad but true :)

Reactions: mamoid

Razak RK

Jun 24, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
Change density by edit ro.sf.lcd_density in buildprop.
Tablet ui density is 128, 120 I think too small :)

For camera, better ask nop or kibuuka.
But I feel camera will never fix, ds will never have fully working ics or jb, sad but true :)

Well @nom051205,
Thanks for your reply.
As it seem to be...that seem to be true...seeing that we have no breakthrough on that.

Anyway, if that the case, can we have more Gingerbread or Honeycomb Custom ROMs? More flavour... Something like port features that are good/useful, mix & match them together and bundle into a Custom ROM? :D

mamoid

Jul 18, 2012
Hyderabad
Camera FIX

Guys is there any hope or scope of the camera to be fully functional on CM9 for DS5.

like already mentioned it loads up the frame and can even see the camera capture button on the screen but it shows"cannot connect to camera"

Please kindly do something about it.

nom051205

May 20, 2010
Guys is there any hope or scope of the camera to be fully functional on CM9 for DS5.

like already mentioned it loads up the frame and can even see the camera capture button on the screen but it shows"cannot connect to camera"

Please kindly do something about it.

Frankly speaking, there is no hope for fully functional streak camera on any ICS or JB rom.:)

mamoid

Jul 18, 2012
Hyderabad
Last edited:

Aaryana

Aug 10, 2012
also the net is problem with some carriers

mamoid

Jul 18, 2012
Hyderabad
also the net is problem with some carriers

If the Data issue and the camera issue is neglected the rom is just the best one i have ever Flashed.It works effortlessly at 128dpi...DS5 looks graceful with this ROM .But i am trying to get the camera working,my data aswell aint functional but i dun use it much.

nom051205

May 20, 2010
Well @nom051205,
Thanks for your reply.
As it seem to be...that seem to be true...seeing that we have no breakthrough on that.

Anyway, if that the case, can we have more Gingerbread or Honeycomb Custom ROMs? More flavour... Something like port features that are good/useful, mix & match them together and bundle into a Custom ROM? :D

Cyanmobile is most complete features rom.

Sent from my Lenovo S920 using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: Razak RK

nom051205

May 20, 2010
Honestly,I am not a huge geek though.But i will try to help what seems to be the issue with the camera..cox frankly the ICS ROM is just magnificent its just the camera failure holding it back.

Update :

Hope this is helps.Please follow the links

https://github.com/tjstyle/hardware_qcom_camera

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1938933

Port kernel 3.x.x to streak is the best way I think. But its very complicated.

Sent from my Lenovo S920 using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: Razak RK

Aaryana

Aug 10, 2012
hey guys can any one tell me
dsc is more smooth or this cm9..?? :confused:

Razak RK

Jun 24, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
Yup...so true...they are on different Android API levels. 2.3.3 & 4.04.
Streak CM9 is nice too. The best answer is, install & try these ROMs on your DS5.
Then... depends on what flavour do you like/♥, what features + function you require (UI, tweaks, camera, apps, etc), performance you expecting (smoothness), and stability... you can accurately make own comparison & conclusion. :D

Dell Streak | InnerSD 8GB | ExternalSD 32GB | LXdroid 0.2

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Another ICS rom for us to play around :)
    Base of Kibuuka AOSP ICS 4.0.4_r2.1 and port from 20120511-CM-9.0.0.RC0-supersonic-UNOFFICIAL by jmztaylor.

Thanks to :
    CM Team
    Kibuuka (without him there is no ICS for ds5)
    Jmztaylor (for bring CM9 nightly to Evo4G)
    nop (powerfull kernel)
    themanii (GAPPS and many things)
    hPA
    Mazda Team Dirt
    Froilson
    all forum members for sharing and caring

Not work :
    Camera
    Data (for some user including me)
    Wifi Tethering
    Theme manager (working fine on my evo but will cause bootloop on ds5)
    All the bugs from the base rom

This rom have ugly gradient colour in background because I use libmedia from the port rom, cannot use from base rom.
    I will update this rom when I can (and still trying hard) port a newer version. There are a lot changes in CM9 newer version that make the rom cannot boot on our device.
    Flash as usually dan do not forget to nandroid backup first !!!
    Gapps can found in TheManii thread : http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1764286

Happy flashing :)

Update 20120726 : Fix the ugly colour on background and add Samsung Touchwiz Launcher

update to cm9 rc2 see below post / second post
    Update cm-9-nightly-20120816_jmz

Beside of some great peoples I have thanked in the 1st page, in this update all credits should go to WhizKins and Rizal Lovins for all their hard work.
    Special and big thanks to
    -WhizKins ( Dell Venue ICS 4.0.4 CM9 rom)
    -Rizal Lovins (Sony Xperia V and Z Walkman features)

I took / modded some libs and apk from WhizKins rom to fixed wifi, bluetooth, theme manager, and data for some users (I hope so).
    For data, I only tested with operator in my country (Indosat) and it work. Last time no data on that operator.
    I hope data work too for all operators.

*** Changelog ***
    -added Sony Xperia Walkman, Clear Audio+, Visualizer
    -added Noozxoide EIZO-rewire
    -added Noozy
    -added CM file manager
    -added JB statusbar
    -added Google Now (but error in soound/voice search)
    -fixed theme manager/theme chooser
    -fixed wifi
    -fixed bluetooth
    -fixed data (at least for me), hope it fixed too for others
    -theme can be apply in all dpi (128, 160, 240), but better use system theme when using tablet mode
    -phone functions work in all dpi
    -remove some apk from original CM9
    -some build.prop tweaks

*** Not work ***
    -camera
    -voice search
    -native wifi tether (use barnacle wifi tether)
    -native headset (use toggle headset widget)

*** Please read ***
    -nandroid back up first, wipe data, cache and dalvik cache, flash the rom as usually
    -rom need long time to boot up
    -let the rom for a while to settle up, specially when syncing
    -go to settings/sound/music effect to choose music effect
    - if feel lag, don't use auto sync, I found that the rom lag when gmail syncing.
    -feel free to use and mod anything to make this rom better, but please post here so we can help each other
    -please help me to add download mirror for this rom

*** Download Link ***
    https://db.tt/NfSYx9RV
    Got your pm, will look into venue stuff, I actually have device trees for that. Streak should be here on Monday.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2
    Could you put your device tree up on github or send me it in a zip? My Streak5 should arrive on Monday.

Welcome aboard man, thank you very much for willing to join in dell streak 5 development.
    I will try to help as far as I can, unfortunately I don't have any device tree or github, this just a port rom, base rom from AOSP ICS by Kibuuka and ported from CM9 Supersonic by JMZ. Then I added some libs taken from CM9 Dell Venue by WhizKins to fixed bluetooth, wifi and theme manager. Dell Venue system mostly same as dell streak 5.
    Frankly speaking, this rom is made by Kibuuka, JMZ, WhizKins and n0p for the kernel. I only change some smali in framework.jar, service.jar and framework-res.apk.

If you need device tree, I think Kibuuka, WhizKins or n0p should have that. They sure can explain and give info much better than me. But let me know if you need any info or testing anything, I will glad to help.
    I will pm you the details I've made.

Once again, thank you willing to join.
    This rom should need update :D
    I still test cm9 rc2, when it done we should have update.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2