• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][prague][11] LineageOS 18.1 for Huawei P8 Lite 2017

Search This thread

SquallDNA

Mar 1, 2012
Tu es sur que c'est la 383 que tu télécharges, normalement il télécharge la dernière version si tu passes par le e-recovery et la dernière en France c'est la 408
Im pretty sure yes. I will attach a screenshot of the phone later. This is again a different variant of the P8 lite 2017, named GR3 2017, from the Philippines. Maybe that's the reason why it has its latest firmware on .383.

UPDATE:
I have attached screenshot of my GR3 2017s firmware version.

Attachments

• 20211024_170633.jpg
    20211024_170633.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 27
Last edited:

SquallDNA

Mar 1, 2012
In my case I got the 410.... strange
Will follow the instruction @AltairFR gave me, and let you know if I manage to install.
I tried to install ASOP 11 by Darkjoker360. And i managed to run it. But i bricked it again.. please tell me if you do install lineage, and how you did it.

Donc un PRA-LX2 en version 636. C'est la première fois que j'en vois une
Yes. Im also having difficulty finding stock rom and guide for this specific device.

SquallDNA

Mar 1, 2012
I did it! I downgraded my firmware from a nova lite using dload method. Flashed and it worked. However, i still cant use Volte. If i search on the settings there are the options to set VOLTE. But when i click it, it just sends me to the mobile network settings without any Volte options or toggle. I already used the fix on 2nd post. I tried to use ×#×#4636#×#× but the VOLTE PROVISION is greyed out and cant be toggled. I really need to make volte work.

Attachments

• 20211026_002254.jpg
    20211026_002254.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 12
Reactions: mutonic

mutonic

Feb 17, 2012
Well done (y) May I know what you did after getting the rom?
Because in my case I found an older rom, uncompressed it, copied the dload directory to SD,
then I rebooted phone with vol up and down, but the phone refused to flash it..
As this is a previous version I wonder if the phone is refusing to downgrade through this method..
Did you do the same or used another method to downgrade your phone?

Reactions: SquallDNA

SquallDNA

Mar 1, 2012
Well done (y) May I know what you did after getting the rom?
Because in my case I found an older rom, uncompressed it, copied the dload directory to SD,
then I rebooted phone with vol up and down, but the phone refused to flash it..
As this is a previous version I wonder if the phone is refusing to downgrade through this method..
Did you do the same or used another method to downgrade your phone?
Yes i did the same procedure. Mine actually flashed with no problem.. make sure it's just the UPDATE.APP inside the dload folder. Mine flashed even thought im from GR3 2017 8.0.0.383 to NOVA LITE 8.0.0.360.

What's interesting is i did try to downgrade using 2 different stock fw, NOVALITE and P8 LiTE 2017.both flashed with no issue. After installing the P8 LITE though, my firmware still shows that its a Nova lite..

mutonic

Feb 17, 2012
Yes i did the same procedure. Mine actually flashed with no problem.. make sure it's just the UPDATE.APP inside the dload folder. Mine flashed even thought im from GR3 2017 8.0.0.383 to NOVA LITE 8.0.0.360.

What's interesting is i did try to downgrade using 2 different stock fw, NOVALITE and P8 LiTE 2017.both flashed with no issue. After installing the P8 LITE though, my firmware still shows that its a Nova lite..
Thanks will retry. How did you get your p8 lite 2017 ROM?

SquallDNA

Mar 1, 2012

mutonic

Feb 17, 2012
Done! seems like my sd was badly inserted the first time, and phone wasn't seeing it hence update failure.
Restarted and phone smoothly downgraded (version 401).
After redoing all steps (BL unlocking, TWRP, decrypt...) and some suspense... custom rom flashed!

I'm glad this is finally done and I don't have to repeat this process anymore :) (my 4G mobile plan was fully eaten btw !)
et encore merci pour l'aide ;)

Reactions: SquallDNA

Corrreia

Jan 23, 2019
Is there any newb-friendly solution for the FAILED (remote: 'sparse flash write failure')?
I'm new to custom ROMs and decided to test on this smartphone before moving to other ones.
It would be good if someone could resume every step into a single post.

AltairFR

I did it! I downgraded my firmware from a nova lite using dload method. Flashed and it worked. However, i still cant use Volte. If i search on the settings there are the options to set VOLTE. But when i click it, it just sends me to the mobile network settings without any Volte options or toggle. I already used the fix on 2nd post. I tried to use ×#×#4636#×#× but the VOLTE PROVISION is greyed out and cant be toggled. I really need to make volte work.
the volt does not work on this ROM, on none besides

SquallDNA

Mar 1, 2012
Done! seems like my sd was badly inserted the first time, and phone wasn't seeing it hence update failure.
Restarted and phone smoothly downgraded (version 401).
After redoing all steps (BL unlocking, TWRP, decrypt...) and some suspense... custom rom flashed!

I'm glad this is finally done and I don't have to repeat this process anymore :) (my 4G mobile plan was fully eaten btw !)
et encore merci pour l'aide ;)
Well done. Im glad we did it.all that used up data are all worth it. Im lucky i have unlimited LTE prepaid to go thru that heavy firmware downloads.

Je vous en prie
Is there any newb-friendly solution for the FAILED (remote: 'sparse flash write failure')?
I'm new to custom ROMs and decided to test on this smartphone before moving to other ones.
It would be good if someone could resume every step into a single post.
Unfortunately you'll have to read though our conversation. I believe we have the same error. The gist is that you should be in the right stock firmware version when flashing. The lower the better i guess.. In my case that's 8.0.0.364. Check the link above.

the volt does not work on this ROM, on none besides
That's unfortunate. But thanks anyway.

PRXVISION

Apr 17, 2016
I seem to have found an issue no one else has reported, or is it somehow related to just my device?

Essentially this seems to be a an issue on the software side. When shooting videos in Snapchat app the audio that it captures is kind of muffled and distorted (bitcrushed to be more specific, it has this kind of ringing tone and extra noise to it) and it seems to be present only with Snapchat. When recording audio with the stock Recorder app or shooting a video with the default camera app the audio is absolutely fine.

Steps to reproduce the problem: Literally just record a video with Snapchat.
Right, to come back to my previous issue since noone has mentioned anything similar.

The issue seems to be with third party apps accessing the camera/microphone - I just realized the same issue occurs not only with Snapchat but when making a story on Instagram/FB, recording a video through Twitter and I assume whatever other third party app like this.

Microphone in calls and default camera app work just fine.

So, can someone please confirm if this is just me or wtf is this? Or is this something I can mess with in the settings? Clearly makes the ROM almost unusable or at the very least very scuffed from certain aspects.

I've attached two videos to more clearly point out what I mean, one taken in Snapchat, where you can clearly distinguish the distorted crunchy ringing sound and overall muffled sound.

Here's the same thing but taken in the default camera app on the same ROM and where you can hear that the recorded audio is clear.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I didn't het it to work. But i think that I found the problem. My stock fw was to high.
    Your stock firmware must be maximum 8.0.0.400. Mine was 8.0.0.409 and i couldn't install this rom,but with the help of @Trin32 i managed to downgrade it to 8.0.0.377 and install this awesome custom rom!!
    Your stock firmware must be maximum 8.0.0.400. Mine was 8.0.0.409 and i couldn't install this rom,but with the help of @Trin32 i managed to downgrade it to 8.0.0.377 and install this awesome custom rom!!
    8.0.0.402 work also
    My full guide to install custom ROM, in french sorry, use Google translate
    No one has succeeded in correcting it effectively. But I'm doing it .... maybe in 4 hours, compilation is underway
    Hi,

2okPze5.png

LineageOS 18.1 for Huawei P8 Lite 2017

*** Stable Version ***

About
    LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 11, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

Working
    * Touchscreen
    * Audio
    * Boot
    * Bluethoot
    * Internal/External storage
    * Mtp / Adb
    * Sensors
    * Wifi
    * RIL
    * Camera
    * NFC
    * FP gestures​

Not Working

NOTE: The signal icon is buggy due to Huawei weird ril implementation, I am still looking to fix it over the new Android 10-11 telephony changes.

Installation
    * you must have TWRP installed, use this one (make sure to have the unofficial Android 11 one ! )
    WARNING: You must be decrypted before installing it otherwise it won't boot. (Read second post.)
    * go to TWRP
    * format data
    * reboot to TWRP again
    * do a full wipe (system, data, cache, dalvik/art cache) !
    * reboot to bootloader
    * extract LineageOS 18.1
    * run: fastboot flash system <drag system.img here>
    * reboot to TWRP
    * resize system
    * flash gapps (optional)
    * flash NFC.zip
    NOTE: this zip is needed for having working NFC. DO NOT IGNORE IT !
    * reboot to System
    * Enjoy !!!​

Update
    * reboot to TWRP and do a wipe cache, dalvik/art cache
    * reboot to bootloader
    * extract LineageOS 18.1
    * run: fastboot flash system <drag system.img here>
    * reboot to TWRP
    * resize system
    * flash gapps (optional)
    * flash NFC.zip
    NOTE: this zip is needed for having working NFC. DO NOT IGNORE IT !
    * reboot to System
    * Enjoy !!!​

If you are getting Error 70 while flashing gapps just resize system from TWRP !
    If gapps are giving network errors or other kind of errors install them after first boot !

Download

Please support my work, it's very important! Thanks
    DONATIONS

Regards !
    New LineageOS 18.1 update

Changelog
    * Synced with latest LineageOS 18.1 source code
    * Merged June 2021 security patches
    * Fixed headphones crackling audio
    * Removed buggy AudioFX
    * Fixed random /data corruption
    * Fixed BasicIntegrity

Check OP for more info and downloads !

Donations
    Support Group
    New LineageOS 18.1 update

Changelog
    * Synced with latest LineageOS 18.1 source code
    * Merged July 2021 security patches
    * Fixed styles/overlays reset at boot
    * Fixed ui lags
    * Used proper gpu drivers
    * Fixed graphics artifacts and glitches on some apps
    * Fixed lags while using screenrecorder
    * Performance improvements
    * Fixed some BLE issues

Check OP for more info and downloads !

Donations
    Support Group
    NOTES
    * For rooting with magisk use this.
    * If you face corrupted storage issues you need to go back on emui and re-install the rom or fastboot erase userdata + twrp format data.
    * I recommend NikGapps core with SetupWizard add-on.
    * Use 8.0.0.360 or maximum .400 firmware for booting the rom.
    * Gapps can may give "Uncertified device" error and abort the google account login, use this guide to fix it (thanks to @latviandude )
    * If you want VoLTE/Wifi Calling working flash this zip

** You must be decrypted for booting this rom **
    Before following the installation steps format data and flash this file via TWRP.

Changelog from initial build
    Fixed offline charger for all devices
    * Fixed gapps uncertified error
    * Improved performance
    * Fixed animations janks and lags

Useful links
    My telegram channel
    HI6250 support group
    Updated decrypt zip to work on latest recoveries !
    Download