[ROM][prague][11] LineageOS 18.1 for Huawei P8 Lite 2017

Search This thread

AltairFR

Apr 22, 2021
Huawei P8lite/P8 Lite
In directory 0, before correction, there was only 2 folders : the android folder and the TWRP folder

It was missing a lot of other folders like DCIM, Alarms, Ringstone, Download etc ...

So, impossible to download a file with the browser, opening the clock application, or take a photo .. in short, no application was able to write to this folder

NullWasTaken2

Jun 2, 2019
- Lineage Camera : OK
- Location : Google Maps, fails to detect correct location (some meters accuracy inside house but I'm sure it works, u just need to go outside and do some walking to get more accurate location)
- Gallery : Can't access old media on SD Card and Internal Storage but new Photos it shows. For now solution is to use Simple Gallery app.
- Fingerprint : At first I couldn't add my FP, then I went to "Settings/System/Gestures" and enabled "Swipe fingerprint for notifications" and tested if I can scroll notifications with it, after that I disabled it and then I noticed that I could add FP. So in the end it WORKS.
- Calling : If you are using NikGapps, u need to go to "Settings/Apps and Notifications/Default Apps" and set default Phone app/Dialer. Then you can make calls without problems.
- NFC : I can enable it and disable but I can't use it for mobile contactless payments because my Banking app shows that I'm rooted, even I have no root enabled.
- Performance, animations : With Default 1.0x scale seem a bit laggy, slow. You should set them to "0.5x in Settings/Developer Options. Some apps may take a bit to load app like MS Teams, IMDB.
- RIL/Network : As I have Latvia SIM Card and Dual Sim Variant - PRA-LX1, after first boot I notice - Network restart issue. To fix it you need to set PIN Lock from different device, if it doesn't help, you need to disable Dual sim with "persist.radio.multisim.config=none" and reboot ur device, usually it works, else u need to go to Settings and reset APN settings.
- Battery : I'm noticing a little bit more battery drain than usual but it could be because of Dual Sim (I haven't disabled yet) or because of Deep sleep, can't be sure yet.
- Audio : OK.
- Playstore/Gapps : OK
- Bluetooth : Haven't tested yet.
- Cast Screen : Haven't tested yet.
- Touchscreen : OK.
- Messaging : Seems to be OK.
- Notification LED/Light : can't be tested, cuz it's dead for me. :(
- Sounds for notifications/alarm : Can't be found, you need to download and install "Google/Pixel Sounds app" and set ringtone sound manually.
- Brightness : Seems to be +- good.
- Root : As default it doesn't work. But it can be enabled using one of Hamido's 3 methods. Not gonna add em, you can find them in hi6250 community group or XDA.
- Alarm : OK. So don't worry you will be able to wake up in time LOL
- Snapchat : Navigation overlaps Snapchat buttons and you can't press them. To fix this issue, you need to go to "Settings/Developer Options" and then change dp from "360" to "366". When it's done open Snapchat again and see if navigation doesn't overlap.. If it doesn't you can switch back to "360" dp. :)
- Instagram : Everything is ok except you can't add Story from Gallery, so to fix this you need to install older Instagram version.
- OneDrive : It's ok, except you can't download your files, documents using app. But there's an workaround, Thanks to Hamido. You can download your files using ADM Browser app.
- Netflix : Latest versions doesn't let you play videos, I believe.. So to be able do that you need to download this version - "6_26_1_build_15_31696_31696". It will still give you sometimes error messages ,for example, when you try to play next episode but at least you will be able to watch something. :)

I think that this is it for now. Will update things, if I notice something new. Thanks for reading lol.
Updated my Testing results/workarounds, a little bit.

Reactions: curious13

kkgodygah

Feb 12, 2019
Hi,

2okPze5.png

LineageOS 18.1 for Huawei P8 Lite 2017

*** Stable Version ***

About

Working

Not Working

NOTE: The signal icon is buggy due to Huawei weird ril implementation, I am still looking to fix it over the new Android 10-11 telephony changes.

Installation

Update

If you are getting Error 70 while flashing gapps just resize system from TWRP !
If gapps are giving network errors or other kind of errors install them after first boot !

Download

Please support my work, it's very important! Thanks
DONATIONS

Regards !
thank u for your job。it looks nice。but my devices didnot have working nfc. can we use it

olivi25

Jan 10, 2014
@DarkJoker360

is this ROM going to be tracked and not abandoned quickly?
I don't want to change version regularly. I see that there is no more development for AOSP 11 and especially AOSP 10.

I am therefore thinking of migrating to this one after having downgraded to firmware .390.

Thanks for the development and the help

Reactions: NullWasTaken2

NullWasTaken2

Jun 2, 2019
@DarkJoker360

is this ROM going to be tracked and not abandoned quickly?
I don't want to change version regularly. I see that there is no more development for AOSP 11 and especially AOSP 10.

I am therefore thinking of migrating to this one after having downgraded to firmware .390.

Thanks for the development and the help
As far as I know @DarkJoker360 will keep updating Lineage 18.1 for our Huawei devices. And will abandon AOSP 11 and older versions. ;)

NullWasTaken2

Jun 2, 2019
Updated my test results, workarounds once again..

Performance and battery problems was caused because of newer firmware, I believe.. After downgrading from .401 to .360 and reinstalling Lineage 18.1 and leaving my device to charge for night..
Performance and battery usage issues was fixed.
Now it's smooth, no lags and I get 6hrs sot, idle 15hrs, 52 min.

And my phone have left 8% of battery and battery manager shows that phone will continue working ~1 hr, 22 min. xD

So I recommend this ROM/GSI for everyone. Thanks again @DarkJoker360 for your work!

olivi25

Jan 10, 2014
Hello, I tried to upgrade to LineageOS 18.1 but I can't.
here is what i did.
I reinstalled 8.0.0.360.
after fastboot oem unlock
I installed recovery TWRP_3.5.2-prague_DarkJoker360_20210508.img
format data
reboot to TWRP again
do a full wipe (system, data, cache, dalvik/art cache) !
reboot to bootloader
extract LineageOS 18.1
run: fastboot flash system <drag system.img here>
resize system
flash gapps
flash NFC.zip
but after the installation starts and after a momernt reboot on the Erecovery.
see the photos, I tested immediately AOSP 11 same problem
do I have to re-install EMUI8 and redo everything?
if so how because I do not see how to suaf with Erecovery and wifi.
20210519_165716.jpg
20210519_162325.jpg
20210519_162201.jpg

Reactions: kitamurt

RadhixAwp

Feb 18, 2019
here is what i did.
I reinstalled 8.0.0.360.
format data
reboot to TWRP again
reboot to bootloader
extract LineageOS 18.1
resize system
flash gapps
flash NFC.zip
View attachment 5313971View attachment 5313973View attachment 5313975
probably because you didn't decrypt restart from scratch and decrypt before installing the system.img

AltairFR

Apr 22, 2021
Huawei P8lite/P8 Lite

Comment enlever le cryptage des données (partition data) sur téléphone​

A partir de EMUI 8 la partition data est cryptée (file système EFS avec chiffrement AES)

• Démarrer le téléphone en mode recovery avec TWRP
  • Sous TWRP aller dans Mount et ne monter que la filesystem MicroSD (ne pas monter Vendor surtout)
  • Exécuter la commande suivante pour récupérer le fichier

adb pull /vendor/etc/fstab.hi6250

• Remplacer la ligne du point de montage data :
/dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/userdata /data f2fs nosuid,nodev,noatime,discard,inline_data,inline_xattr wait,check,fileencryption=aes-256-xts:aes-256-cts

Ou

/dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/userdata /data f2fs nosuid,nodev,noatime,discard,inline_data,inline_xattr wait,encryptable=footer,check

Par la ligne suivante

/dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/userdata /data f2fs nosuid,nodev,noatime,discard,inline_data,inline_xattr wait,check

Remettez le fichier a sa place dans le filesystem vendor avec la commande suivante

adb push fstab.hi6250 /vendor/etc/

• Redémarrer sous TWRP (recovery)
  • Monter seulement la sdcard
  • Formater le filesytem data (Menu Wipe)
Vous pouvez maintenant installer la ROM de votre choix

Reactions: Hami_Do

kitamurt

Jun 22, 2019
here is what i did.
I reinstalled 8.0.0.360.
format data
reboot to TWRP again
reboot to bootloader
extract LineageOS 18.1
resize system
flash gapps
flash NFC.zip
View attachment 5313971View attachment 5313973View attachment 5313975
same issue here, but on fw 8.0.0.384, no way to downgrade, cos huawei shutted down hicloud servers, so cant retrieve any fw, and the device is soft bricked. read somewhere that new fws prevent custom roms to boot. btw, updated the recovery and followed all the steps, but it won't run, only goes into erecovery or twrp. i'm starting to become mad.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    New LineageOS 18.1 update

Changelog
    * Synced with latest LineageOS 18.1 source code
    * Merged June 2021 security patches
    * Fixed headphones crackling audio
    * Removed buggy AudioFX
    * Fixed random /data corruption
    * Fixed BasicIntegrity

Check OP for more info and downloads !

Donations
    Support Group
    More precise, after manual modification of fstab.hi6250 it need to be put on external sdcard, then reboot into TWRP, section mount, mount vendor. Next enter section Advanced, Terminal and run:

Code:
    mount -o remount,rw /vendor

Now edited fstab.hi6250 can be copied with File Manager to /vendor/etc and it need to be given proper permission: chmod 0644. After that data can be formatted.

It works! thanks @hardcorehenry and @AltairFR . I made, and will post the updated guide later in the day. Let me test it :) You both are great, thanks!
    if you find a error modify fstab.250 manually (adb pull and push)
    More precise, after manual modification of fstab.hi6250 it need to be put on external sdcard, then reboot into TWRP, section mount, mount vendor. Next enter section Advanced, Terminal and run:

Code:
    mount -o remount,rw /vendor

Now edited fstab.hi6250 can be copied with File Manager to /vendor/etc and it need to be given proper permission: chmod 0644. After that data can be formatted.
    Updated my test results, workarounds once again..

Performance and battery problems was caused because of newer firmware, I believe.. After downgrading from .401 to .360 and reinstalling Lineage 18.1 and leaving my device to charge for night..
    Performance and battery usage issues was fixed.
    Now it's smooth, no lags and I get 6hrs sot, idle 15hrs, 52 min.

And my phone have left 8% of battery and battery manager shows that phone will continue working ~1 hr, 22 min. xD

So I recommend this ROM/GSI for everyone. Thanks again @DarkJoker360 for your work!
    Battery usage with Lineage 18.1 on PRA-LX1

photo5850500323880318263.jpg
    Hi,

2okPze5.png

LineageOS 18.1 for Huawei P8 Lite 2017

*** Stable Version ***

About
    LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 11, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

Working
    * Touchscreen
    * Audio
    * Boot
    * Bluethoot
    * Internal/External storage
    * Mtp / Adb
    * Sensors
    * Wifi
    * RIL
    * Camera
    * NFC
    * FP gestures​

Not Working
    * You tell me​

NOTE: The signal icon is buggy due to Huawei weird ril implementation, I am still looking to fix it over the new Android 10-11 telephony changes.

Installation
    * you must have TWRP installed, use this one (make sure to have the unofficial Android 11 one ! )
    WARNING: You must be decrypted before installing it otherwise it won't boot. (Read second post.)
    * go to TWRP
    * format data
    * reboot to TWRP again
    * do a full wipe (system, data, cache, dalvik/art cache) !
    * reboot to bootloader
    * extract LineageOS 18.1
    * run: fastboot flash system <drag system.img here>
    * reboot to TWRP
    * resize system
    * flash gapps (optional)
    * flash NFC.zip
    NOTE: this zip is needed for having working NFC. DO NOT IGNORE IT !
    * reboot to System
    * Enjoy !!!​

Update
    * reboot to TWRP and do a wipe cache, dalvik/art cache
    * reboot to bootloader
    * extract LineageOS 18.1
    * run: fastboot flash system <drag system.img here>
    * reboot to TWRP
    * resize system
    * flash gapps (optional)
    * flash NFC.zip
    NOTE: this zip is needed for having working NFC. DO NOT IGNORE IT !
    * reboot to System
    * Enjoy !!!​

If you are getting Error 70 while flashing gapps just resize system from TWRP !
    If gapps are giving network errors or other kind of errors install them after first boot !

Download

Please support my work, it's very important! Thanks
    DONATIONS

Regards !
    New LineageOS 18.1 update

Changelog
    * Synced with latest LineageOS 18.1 source code
    * Merged June 2021 security patches
    * Fixed headphones crackling audio
    * Removed buggy AudioFX
    * Fixed random /data corruption
    * Fixed BasicIntegrity

Check OP for more info and downloads !

Donations
    Support Group
    NOTES
    * For rooting with magisk read this.
    * If you face corrupted storage issues you need to go back on emui and re-install the rom or fastboot erase userdata + twrp format data.
    * I recommend NikGapps core with SetupWizard add-on.
    * Use 8.0.0.360 or maximum .400 firmware for booting the rom.
    * Gapps can may give "Uncertified device" error and abort the google account login, use this guide to fix it (thanks to @latviandude )
    * If you want VoLTE/Wifi Calling working flash this zip

** You must be decrypted for booting this rom **
    Before following the installation steps format data and flash this file via TWRP.

Changelog from initial build
    Fixed offline charger for all devices
    * Fixed gapps uncertified error
    * Improved performance
    * Fixed animations janks and lags

Useful links
    My telegram channel
    HI6250 support group
    Great work 👍
    Thank you !

Screenshot_20210512-021242_Settings.png
    @DarkJoker360 hi

Here is a little feedback from the first tests (I am in EMUI version 8.0.0.390):
    - No problem for installing the ROM and Google Apps (NikGapps-basic-arm64-11-20201231)
    - Playstore: ok
    - Wifi: ok
    - Touchscreen : ok
    - Bluetooth: ok
    - Location: ko (google maps does not give the correct location)
    - Cast / Miracast: ko (smartphone reboot)
    - NFC: ok (service started but intermittent crash when reading an NFC card)
    - Camera lineage OS: ko (unable to take a photo)
    - Gcam Go : ok

I continue the tests ....
    - Lineage Camera : OK
    - Location : Google Maps, fails to detect correct location (some meters accuracy inside house but I'm sure it works, u just need to go outside and do some walking to get more accurate location)
    - Gallery : Ok.
    - Fingerprint : At first I couldn't add my FP, then I went to "Settings/System/Gestures" and enabled "Swipe fingerprint for notifications" and tested if I can scroll notifications with it, after that I disabled it and then I noticed that I could add FP. So in the end it WORKS.
    - Calling : If you are using NikGapps, u need to go to "Settings/Apps and Notifications/Default Apps" and set default Phone app/Dialer. Then you can make calls without problems.
    - NFC : I can enable it and disable but I can't use it for mobile contactless payments because my Banking app shows that I'm rooted, even I have no root enabled.
    - Performance, animations : Ok.
    - RIL/Network : As I have Latvia SIM Card and Dual Sim Variant - PRA-LX1, after first boot I notice - Network restart issue. To fix it you need to set PIN Lock from different device, if it doesn't help, you need to disable Dual sim with "persist.radio.multisim.config=none" and reboot ur device, usually it works, else u need to go to Settings and reset APN settings.
    - Battery : Ok.
    - Audio : OK.
    - Playstore/Gapps : OK
    - Bluetooth : Haven't tested yet.
    - Cast Screen : Haven't tested yet.
    - Touchscreen : OK.
    - Messaging : Seems to be OK.
    - Notification LED/Light : can't be tested, cuz it's dead for me. :(
    - Sounds for notifications/alarm : Can't be found, you need to download and install "Google/Pixel Sounds app" and set ringtone sound manually.
    - Brightness : Seems to be +- good.
    - Root : As default it doesn't work. But it can be enabled using one of Hamido's 3 methods. Not gonna add em, you can find them in hi6250 community group or XDA.
    - Alarm : OK. So don't worry you will be able to wake up in time LOL
    - Instagram : Everything is ok except you can't add Story from Gallery, so to fix this you need to install older Instagram version.
    - OneDrive : It's ok, except you can't download your files, documents using app. But there's an workaround, Thanks to Hamido. You can download your files using ADM Browser app.
    - Netflix : Latest versions doesn't let you play videos, I believe.. So to be able do that you need to download this version - "6_26_1_build_15_31696_31696". It will still give you sometimes error messages ,for example, when you try to play next episode but at least you will be able to watch something. :)

I think that this is it for now. Will update things, if I notice something new. Thanks for reading lol.
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone