[ROM][prague][11] LineageOS 18.1 for Huawei P8 Lite 2017

Search This thread

lapourganer

Jun 15, 2021
Thanks for your answer.

Don't alter the ROM. Don't change the ROM. Use as is
Thanks, copy that.

Look for a Chinese stock ROM for this Device
It's true that I was not enough precise. I have PRA-LX1 model, PRA-LX1 8.0.0.406(C432) software, there is no Chineese software for this model. As i saw, only 2 models have Chineese ROM; PRA-TL10 and PRA-AL00 with B211 firmware (android 7) for both. Wich firmware do you advice for my device ?

EDIT:
It seems that Huawei ROM server are now down and it's fairly complicated to find somewhere else.
I've been able to downgrade to 8.0.0.390 (C342). My bootloader been re-locked but now, in developer options, allow to enable OEM unlock is disable.
What's the next step ? What's precisely ROM I need and where I can find it ?

Last edited:

elgatofeliz

Jun 21, 2021
Hey guys,
I'm trying to flash this to a LX1-PRG and it seems like the provided System Image is simply too big for the system partition. The Partition has 2014mb and the image is ~2300mb. Is there a point that i dont get or is it possible to Expand the system so the image fits and there's enough space for the gapps?
Thanks for reading :)

lapourganer

Jun 15, 2021
Hey guys,
I'm trying to flash this to a LX1-PRG and it seems like the provided System Image is simply too big for the system partition. The Partition has 2014mb and the image is ~2300mb. Is there a point that i dont get or is it possible to Expand the system so the image fits and there's enough space for the gapps?
Thanks for reading :)
Hi,
I have the same issue and I'm currently on it. You can read previous posts about that.
What I know for now:
  • Edit partitions on the device is very risky. Just around the system partition there are other important partition. So to expand system you have to move this partitions, doesn't sound good. If you mess this partitions, your phone is bricked.
  • Edit the .img file also seems risky. I've tried with resize2fs but got error about free inode. In addition,
    Don't alter the ROM. Don't change the ROM. Use as is
  • So he advice me to install an old Chineese ROM to get a bigger system;
    Look for a Chinese stock ROM for this Device and flash it to the device it will increase the space from 2GB
So for now, I'm looking to which version I have to get and from where.

elgatofeliz

Jun 21, 2021
Also, since im looking just to get the device run without all that bloat and spyware, A more lightweight ROM would do as well. Lightweight with good battery life would be the basic criteria.. If someone has any recommendations :)

lapourganer

Jun 15, 2021
is no rom that has the right size
What do you mean ? These are more than just the system partition, it's most likely compressed. But the problem is that the huawei update server are down for public. All download links send to the dead update.hicloud.com

Also, since im looking just to get the device run without all that bloat and spyware, A more lightweight ROM would do as well. Lightweight with good battery life would be the basic criteria.. If someone has any recommendations :)
We're looking for the same things

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    New LineageOS 18.1 update

Changelog
    * Synced with latest LineageOS 18.1 source code
    * Merged June 2021 security patches
    * Fixed headphones crackling audio
    * Removed buggy AudioFX
    * Fixed random /data corruption
    * Fixed BasicIntegrity

Check OP for more info and downloads !

Donations
    Support Group
    if you find a error modify fstab.250 manually (adb pull and push)
    More precise, after manual modification of fstab.hi6250 it need to be put on external sdcard, then reboot into TWRP, section mount, mount vendor. Next enter section Advanced, Terminal and run:

Code:
    mount -o remount,rw /vendor

Now edited fstab.hi6250 can be copied with File Manager to /vendor/etc and it need to be given proper permission: chmod 0644. After that data can be formatted.
    More precise, after manual modification of fstab.hi6250 it need to be put on external sdcard, then reboot into TWRP, section mount, mount vendor. Next enter section Advanced, Terminal and run:

Code:
    mount -o remount,rw /vendor

Now edited fstab.hi6250 can be copied with File Manager to /vendor/etc and it need to be given proper permission: chmod 0644. After that data can be formatted.

It works! thanks @hardcorehenry and @AltairFR . I made, and will post the updated guide later in the day. Let me test it :) You both are great, thanks!
    Thanks @AltairFR , to be sure that I understood well, the INstall of the Fstab should be done before the Wipe Format? Right?

Edit:

I was able to open the log, thanks for sharing the info.

Here the results:

Code:
    Installing zip file '/external_sd/fstab.hi6250b.zip'
    Unmounting System...
    I:Update binary zip
    Verifying package compatibility...
    Package doesn't contain compatibility.zip entry
    I:Extracting updater binary 'META-INF/com/google/android/update-binary'
    I:Zip does not contain SELinux file_contexts file in its root.
    I:has_legacy_properties: Found legacy property match!
    I:Legacy property environment initialized.
    about to run program [/sbin/busybox] with 3 args
    Emui8 oreo decrypt fstab
    Honor 7x
    By Sudeep Duhoon
    run_program: execv failed: No such file or directory
    run_program: child exited with status 1
    minzip: Can't create target file "/vendor/etc/fstab.hi6250": Read-only file system
    minzip: Extracted 0 file(s)

Done
    script succeeded: result was [0.999992]I:Updater process ended with RC=0
    I:Legacy property environment disabled.
    I:Install took 0 second(s).
    Updating partition details...
    I:Data backup size is 0MB, free: 9721MB.
    I:Unable to mount '/usbotg'
    I:Actual block device: '', current file system: 'auto'
    ...done
    I:Set page: 'flash_done'
    I:operation_end - status=0
    I:Set page: 'clear_vars'
    I:Set page: 'main2'
    I:Set page: 'advanced'
    I:Set page: 'copylog'
    I:Set page: 'action_page'
    I:operation_start: 'Copy Log'

So probably this should be done before as you were pointing out. Let me try it another time.

The install file fstab.hi6250b.zip doesn't work, you have an error in recovery. log :

minzip: Can't create target file "/vendor/etc/fstab.hi6250": Read-only file system

Anyway I never saw this patch work :)

-------

So

In TWRP mount only SDCard (unmount vendor)
    On PC ADB type

adb pull /vendor/etc/fstab.hi6250

You will have fstab.hi6250 file in adb folder
    Edit fstab.hi6250 and replace the line

/dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/userdata /data f2fs nosuid,nodev,noatime,discard,inline_data,inline_xattr wait,check,fileencryption=aes-256-xts:aes-256-cts

by

/dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/userdata /data f2fs nosuid,nodev,noatime,discard,inline_data,inline_xattr wait,check

Push the fstab.hi6250 into mobile by typing this

adb push fstab.hi6250 /vendor/etc

you have rewrited fstab.hi6250 file
    Now, you can reboot the phone and format the partition data
    Everyone! For faster answers and help download/install "Telegram" app and join our Community group - HI6250 Community

-Thanks.
    Hi,

2okPze5.png

LineageOS 18.1 for Huawei P8 Lite 2017

*** Stable Version ***

About
    LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 11, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

Working
    * Touchscreen
    * Audio
    * Boot
    * Bluethoot
    * Internal/External storage
    * Mtp / Adb
    * Sensors
    * Wifi
    * RIL
    * Camera
    * NFC
    * FP gestures​

Not Working
    * You tell me​

NOTE: The signal icon is buggy due to Huawei weird ril implementation, I am still looking to fix it over the new Android 10-11 telephony changes.

Installation
    * you must have TWRP installed, use this one (make sure to have the unofficial Android 11 one ! )
    WARNING: You must be decrypted before installing it otherwise it won't boot. (Read second post.)
    * go to TWRP
    * format data
    * reboot to TWRP again
    * do a full wipe (system, data, cache, dalvik/art cache) !
    * reboot to bootloader
    * extract LineageOS 18.1
    * run: fastboot flash system <drag system.img here>
    * reboot to TWRP
    * resize system
    * flash gapps (optional)
    * flash NFC.zip
    NOTE: this zip is needed for having working NFC. DO NOT IGNORE IT !
    * reboot to System
    * Enjoy !!!​

Update
    * reboot to TWRP and do a wipe cache, dalvik/art cache
    * reboot to bootloader
    * extract LineageOS 18.1
    * run: fastboot flash system <drag system.img here>
    * reboot to TWRP
    * resize system
    * flash gapps (optional)
    * flash NFC.zip
    NOTE: this zip is needed for having working NFC. DO NOT IGNORE IT !
    * reboot to System
    * Enjoy !!!​

If you are getting Error 70 while flashing gapps just resize system from TWRP !
    If gapps are giving network errors or other kind of errors install them after first boot !

Download

Please support my work, it's very important! Thanks
    DONATIONS

Regards !
    New LineageOS 18.1 update

Changelog
    * Synced with latest LineageOS 18.1 source code
    * Merged June 2021 security patches
    * Fixed headphones crackling audio
    * Removed buggy AudioFX
    * Fixed random /data corruption
    * Fixed BasicIntegrity

Check OP for more info and downloads !

Donations
    Support Group
    NOTES
    * For rooting with magisk read this.
    * If you face corrupted storage issues you need to go back on emui and re-install the rom or fastboot erase userdata + twrp format data.
    * I recommend NikGapps core with SetupWizard add-on.
    * Use 8.0.0.360 or maximum .400 firmware for booting the rom.
    * Gapps can may give "Uncertified device" error and abort the google account login, use this guide to fix it (thanks to @latviandude )
    * If you want VoLTE/Wifi Calling working flash this zip

** You must be decrypted for booting this rom **
    Before following the installation steps format data and flash this file via TWRP.

Changelog from initial build
    Fixed offline charger for all devices
    * Fixed gapps uncertified error
    * Improved performance
    * Fixed animations janks and lags

Useful links
    My telegram channel
    HI6250 support group
    @DarkJoker360 hi

Here is a little feedback from the first tests (I am in EMUI version 8.0.0.390):
    - No problem for installing the ROM and Google Apps (NikGapps-basic-arm64-11-20201231)
    - Playstore: ok
    - Wifi: ok
    - Touchscreen : ok
    - Bluetooth: ok
    - Location: ko (google maps does not give the correct location)
    - Cast / Miracast: ko (smartphone reboot)
    - NFC: ok (service started but intermittent crash when reading an NFC card)
    - Camera lineage OS: ko (unable to take a photo)
    - Gcam Go : ok

I continue the tests ....
    - Lineage Camera : OK
    - Location : Google Maps, fails to detect correct location (some meters accuracy inside house but I'm sure it works, u just need to go outside and do some walking to get more accurate location)
    - Gallery : Ok.
    - Fingerprint : At first I couldn't add my FP, then I went to "Settings/System/Gestures" and enabled "Swipe fingerprint for notifications" and tested if I can scroll notifications with it, after that I disabled it and then I noticed that I could add FP. So in the end it WORKS.
    - Calling : If you are using NikGapps, u need to go to "Settings/Apps and Notifications/Default Apps" and set default Phone app/Dialer. Then you can make calls without problems.
    - NFC : I can enable it and disable but I can't use it for mobile contactless payments because my Banking app shows that I'm rooted, even I have no root enabled.
    - Performance, animations : Ok.
    - RIL/Network : As I have Latvia SIM Card and Dual Sim Variant - PRA-LX1, after first boot I notice - Network restart issue. To fix it you need to set PIN Lock from different device, if it doesn't help, you need to disable Dual sim with "persist.radio.multisim.config=none" and reboot ur device, usually it works, else u need to go to Settings and reset APN settings.
    - Battery : Ok.
    - Audio : OK.
    - Playstore/Gapps : OK
    - Bluetooth : Haven't tested yet.
    - Cast Screen : Haven't tested yet.
    - Touchscreen : OK.
    - Messaging : Seems to be OK.
    - Notification LED/Light : can't be tested, cuz it's dead for me. :(
    - Sounds for notifications/alarm : Can't be found, you need to download and install "Google/Pixel Sounds app" and set ringtone sound manually.
    - Brightness : Seems to be +- good.
    - Root : As default it doesn't work. But it can be enabled using one of Hamido's 3 methods. Not gonna add em, you can find them in hi6250 community group or XDA.
    - Alarm : OK. So don't worry you will be able to wake up in time LOL
    - Instagram : Everything is ok except you can't add Story from Gallery, so to fix this you need to install older Instagram version.
    - OneDrive : It's ok, except you can't download your files, documents using app. But there's an workaround, Thanks to Hamido. You can download your files using ADM Browser app.
    - Netflix : Latest versions doesn't let you play videos, I believe.. So to be able do that you need to download this version - "6_26_1_build_15_31696_31696". It will still give you sometimes error messages ,for example, when you try to play next episode but at least you will be able to watch something. :)

I think that this is it for now. Will update things, if I notice something new. Thanks for reading lol.
    Great work 👍
    Thank you !

Screenshot_20210512-021242_Settings.png