• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][prague][11] LineageOS 18.1 for Huawei P8 Lite 2017

Search This thread
Thanks for your answer.

Don't alter the ROM. Don't change the ROM. Use as is
Thanks, copy that.

Look for a Chinese stock ROM for this Device
It's true that I was not enough precise. I have PRA-LX1 model, PRA-LX1 8.0.0.406(C432) software, there is no Chineese software for this model. As i saw, only 2 models have Chineese ROM; PRA-TL10 and PRA-AL00 with B211 firmware (android 7) for both. Wich firmware do you advice for my device ?

EDIT:
It seems that Huawei ROM server are now down and it's fairly complicated to find somewhere else.
I've been able to downgrade to 8.0.0.390 (C342). My bootloader been re-locked but now, in developer options, allow to enable OEM unlock is disable.
What's the next step ? What's precisely ROM I need and where I can find it ?

Last edited:

elgatofeliz

Jun 21, 2021
Hey guys,
I'm trying to flash this to a LX1-PRG and it seems like the provided System Image is simply too big for the system partition. The Partition has 2014mb and the image is ~2300mb. Is there a point that i dont get or is it possible to Expand the system so the image fits and there's enough space for the gapps?
Thanks for reading :)

Hey guys,
I'm trying to flash this to a LX1-PRG and it seems like the provided System Image is simply too big for the system partition. The Partition has 2014mb and the image is ~2300mb. Is there a point that i dont get or is it possible to Expand the system so the image fits and there's enough space for the gapps?
Thanks for reading :)
Hi,
I have the same issue and I'm currently on it. You can read previous posts about that.
What I know for now:
  • Edit partitions on the device is very risky. Just around the system partition there are other important partition. So to expand system you have to move this partitions, doesn't sound good. If you mess this partitions, your phone is bricked.
  • Edit the .img file also seems risky. I've tried with resize2fs but got error about free inode. In addition,
    Don't alter the ROM. Don't change the ROM. Use as is
  • So he advice me to install an old Chineese ROM to get a bigger system;
    Look for a Chinese stock ROM for this Device and flash it to the device it will increase the space from 2GB
So for now, I'm looking to which version I have to get and from where.

elgatofeliz

Jun 21, 2021
Also, since im looking just to get the device run without all that bloat and spyware, A more lightweight ROM would do as well. Lightweight with good battery life would be the basic criteria.. If someone has any recommendations :)

is no rom that has the right size
What do you mean ? These are more than just the system partition, it's most likely compressed. But the problem is that the huawei update server are down for public. All download links send to the dead update.hicloud.com

Also, since im looking just to get the device run without all that bloat and spyware, A more lightweight ROM would do as well. Lightweight with good battery life would be the basic criteria.. If someone has any recommendations :)
We're looking for the same things

bogilase

Jun 18, 2021
Hi, I try to install lineage OS on my P8 Lite 2017 16Gb but as I understand, the system partition is too small (only 2.2Gb, cf. capture). As I saw on the internet, it seems risky to expand partitions.

Am I the only one to face this problem ?
Really need I to save an restore cust, version, vendor and product to reduce userdata and expand system ?

Capture: end of parted /dev/mmcblk0 and p
The system partition is resized using TWRP_3.5.2-prague_DarkJoker360_20210508.img. What truly helped me install this ROM is this step-by-step post (thanks vjjmaster ): https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...for-huawei-p8-lite-2017.4275551/post-85133691. I just followed the steps as best I could and it worked. You also need to downgrade first the stock rom to a version at least 8.0.0.360 and lower than 8.0.0.400. This information is already posted on the first page of this thread. Hope it helps.

Ok, I think I got it !

My initial situation: P8 Lite 2017 PRA-LX1 (16Gb), with build PRA-LX1 8.0.0.410(C432), system partition was too small to flash Lineage 18.1.
What I did:
  1. Download Huawei Honor 8 Lite PRA-LX1 PRA-L31HN hw eu HLRCF Prague-L31HN 8.0.0.375(C432) Firmware 8.0.0 r1 EMUI8.0 05014GNH [androidhost.ru].zip
    ed2k://|file|Huawei%20Honor%208%20Lite%20PRA-LX1%20PRA-L31HN%20hw%20eu%20HLRCF%20Prague-L31HN%208.0.0.375(C432)%20Firmware%208.0.0%20r1%20EMUI8.0%2005014GNH%20[androidhost.ru].zip|4054554252|33D57A0EF7EDE9D3637EF39553A27552|h=225LAYB2QWXJCR5IFOSRGDFQHIO3SY6U|/
  2. Extract dload folder at root internal memory (in MTP, so not the real root)
  3. Poweroff phone, unplug it, Press VOL- and VOL+ and POWER unless it says it update
  4. Your phone is stock, bootloader relocked
  5. Reboot is automatic, make initial config, I set up WiFI but probably not necessary. EDIT2: Internet access probably needed. If OEM keep disabled, search for updates without installing it.
  6. Enable developper option, enable debugging, use adb reboot
  7. Go again in developper option, enable OEM unlock. If you can't, just disable developers option and enable it back, it shoul be ok.
  8. Use adb reboot bootloader now unlock bootloader with fastboot.exe oem unlock *YOUR CODE*. I get code with potatoNV and it doesn't have change with update.
  9. Now yout phone will reboot and erase all data, just wait
  10. Once again make initial config (this time you don't need WiFi), enable developers options, enable USB debuging, use adb reboot bootloader
  11. Now flash the apropriate TWRP fastboot flash recovery_ramdisk .\TWRP_3.5.2-prague_DarkJoker360_20210508.img
  12. Rebbot, go to recovery adb reboot recovery
Now df show me a 2.8G /system partition !!

EDIT:
So, i followed this post expect during flash from TWRP I got an error. So I flashed with fastboot, and back in TWRP I installed fixes and Gapps and now all works as perfection !! Thanks for this amazing firmware !

Last edited:
The system partition is resized using TWRP_3.5.2-prague_DarkJoker360_20210508.img. What truly helped me install this ROM is this step-by-step post (thanks vjjmaster ): https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...for-huawei-p8-lite-2017.4275551/post-85133691. I just followed the steps as best I could and it worked. You also need to downgrade first the stock rom to a version at least 8.0.0.360 and lower than 8.0.0.400. This information is already posted on the first page of this thread. Hope it helps.
Thanks ! I saw this detailed guide post but i was stuck with the system partition size. I just posted what I did to downgrade in details, hope it helps others.

Reactions: bogilase

elgatofeliz

Jun 21, 2021
Ok, I think I got it !

My initial situation: P8 Lite 2017 PRA-LX1 (16Gb), with build PRA-LX1 8.0.0.410(C432), system partition was too small to flash Lineage 18.1.
What I did:
  1. Download Huawei Honor 8 Lite PRA-LX1 PRA-L31HN hw eu HLRCF Prague-L31HN 8.0.0.375(C432) Firmware 8.0.0 r1 EMUI8.0 05014GNH [androidhost.ru].zip
    ed2k://|file|Huawei%20Honor%208%20Lite%20PRA-LX1%20PRA-L31HN%20hw%20eu%20HLRCF%20Prague-L31HN%208.0.0.375(C432)%20Firmware%208.0.0%20r1%20EMUI8.0%2005014GNH%20[androidhost.ru].zip|4054554252|33D57A0EF7EDE9D3637EF39553A27552|h=225LAYB2QWXJCR5IFOSRGDFQHIO3SY6U|/
  2. Extract dload folder at root internal memory (in MTP, so not the real root)
  3. Poweroff phone, unplug it, Press VOL- and VOL+ and POWER unless it says it update
  4. Your phone is stock, bootloader relocked
  5. Reboot is automatic, make initial config, I set up WiFI but probably not necessary. EDIT2: Internet access probably needed. If OEM keep disabled, search for updates without installing it.
  6. Enable developper option, enable debugging, use adb reboot
  7. Go again in developper option, enable OEM unlock. If you can't, just disable developers option and enable it back, it shoul be ok.
  8. Use adb reboot bootloader now unlock bootloader with fastboot.exe oem unlock *YOUR CODE*. I get code with potatoNV and it doesn't have change with update.
  9. Now yout phone will reboot and erase all data, just wait
  10. Once again make initial config (this time you don't need WiFi), enable developers options, enable USB debuging, use adb reboot bootloader
  11. Now flash the apropriate TWRP fastboot flash recovery_ramdisk .\TWRP_3.5.2-prague_DarkJoker360_20210508.img
  12. Rebbot, go to recovery adb reboot recovery
Now df show me a 2.8G /system partition !!

EDIT:
So, i followed this post expect during flash from TWRP I got an error. So I flashed with fastboot, and back in TWRP I installed fixes and Gapps and now all works as perfection !! Thanks for this amazing firmware !
So I managed to Downgrade by flashing the ZIP via twrp and now system has 2.8b.. installed LOS18.1 and now it gets stuck in Bootloop.. any suggestions?

elgatofeliz

Jun 21, 2021
Okay, so I managed to get this ROM to work after all. The two steps that made the difference are:

Flashing the update_sd file from the zip on [androidhost.ru] in lapourgander's post via TWRP to get bigger system partition,

And flashing the fstab.hi6250, editing it manually on a PC (only replacing the line like described by vjjmaster) and putting permission 0644 to it. Without the fstab edited and permission, the ROM got stuck in booting.

Thanks to everyone here for helping :)
Thanks to Darkjoker360 for the ROM :)

Reactions: bogilase

11spqr

Jun 27, 2019
Hello everyone.
I've also jumped the wagon (RNE-L21 here).

Finally I've installed properly (think so) the LOS on my device.

Firstly I had to edit fstab.hi6250 manually as in @vjjmaster collected tutorial. Installing downloaded file from @DarkJoker360 and his TWRP has caused many random unpredictable device behavior, ie: bootloop, sdcard corruption, slowness, device was getting hot, battery drain, camera and gallery app problems. Reboot didn't helped at all.
Why this happened I have no idea, my device differences with 'prague', maybe apps that I'm using(phone is my daily driver) or smth else, DUNNO.

Then I've done everything else from OP manual.

Now everything seems to be working fine, Phone, SDcard, camera, gallery, root(Magisk), BT(car hands free, bands,etc.), WiFi.

But in logcat I have a looping error:

I adbd initializing functions
I adbd opening control endpoint /dev/usb-ffs/adb/ep0
E adbd failed to write USB descriptors: No such process

it does not matter if USB debugging is on or off in dev options, or USB cable is connected or not

and also a Wifi related error with wifi connected:

E WifiHAL enter wifi_get_link_stats

Rest errors seems to be related with Huawei signal indicator workaround.

Overall ROM is stable, fast and most of all supported by @DarkJoker360 (as I mention I'm using it as my main driver).

Thank you so much #DarkJoker360 for this ROM and your hard work.
Bests,
P.

Last edited:

speedson

Oct 10, 2016
my own little microcosmos
I managed to flash the ROM with the NikGApps core, but the Google Play Store App doesn't show up.

When I flash NikGApps the installation is always succeeding.

What I'm doing wrong here?
Hi...

you choose NikGapps...that was your fail ;)

I never got it working on my so i choose open gapps for A11 pico...you find in this forum by searching :)

solong
speedson 🤘 🙃 🤘

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello,

you should carefully read notes from post n°2... You have wrong stock firmware. You have to downgrade.
    Yo o/
    about the steps to install, in every topic/thread you made it's written :
    * extract LineageOS
    * run: fastboot flash system <drag system.img here>

I've never had to do that for other phone

what do you mean "drag system.img here" ???
    when I extract the zip I get one big .img (2.3GB)
    is that the one I should flash ?
    why can't I flash it in TWRP ?
    Drag system.img here mean tape the name of the image file here

The Android 11 rom doesn't support twrp, so you must flash with fastboot cmd
    i think im on the same route as you. Im currently downloading PRA-LX2 8.0.0.383 via erecovery, because i also had the invalid sparse error. My device is GR3 2017, they say its the same device as P8 lite 2017. therefore im following this thread.

the main reason im installing this ROM is so i can enable VOLTE. Please someone tell me that this is all worth a try?
    Thanks for letting me know,
    I'm installing the rom to remove all huawei bloatware... and overcome space limitations on stock.
    Also getting privacy focused ROM with lineageOS as I'm degooglising all my devices.

I suspect also a version of EMUI being too recent don't know yet how to downgrade it though..
    we can talk in english if you don't mind...?
    Je vais te passer ma procédure complète qui évite de passer par un download e-recovery et qui surtout va corriger ton problème de fastboot. Si tu télécharges a chaque fois via le e-recovery c'est sur que cela fonctionne pas car il télécharge la dernière version de emui qui n'est pas compatible 😂
    Hi,

2okPze5.png

LineageOS 18.1 for Huawei P8 Lite 2017

*** Stable Version ***

About
    LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 11, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

Working
    * Touchscreen
    * Audio
    * Boot
    * Bluethoot
    * Internal/External storage
    * Mtp / Adb
    * Sensors
    * Wifi
    * RIL
    * Camera
    * NFC
    * FP gestures​

Not Working

NOTE: The signal icon is buggy due to Huawei weird ril implementation, I am still looking to fix it over the new Android 10-11 telephony changes.

Installation
    * you must have TWRP installed, use this one (make sure to have the unofficial Android 11 one ! )
    WARNING: You must be decrypted before installing it otherwise it won't boot. (Read second post.)
    * go to TWRP
    * format data
    * reboot to TWRP again
    * do a full wipe (system, data, cache, dalvik/art cache) !
    * reboot to bootloader
    * extract LineageOS 18.1
    * reboot to TWRP
    * resize system
    * flash gapps (optional)
    * flash NFC.zip
    NOTE: this zip is needed for having working NFC. DO NOT IGNORE IT !
    * reboot to System
    * Enjoy !!!​

Update
    * reboot to TWRP and do a wipe cache, dalvik/art cache
    * reboot to bootloader
    * extract LineageOS 18.1
    * reboot to TWRP
    * resize system
    * flash gapps (optional)
    * flash NFC.zip
    NOTE: this zip is needed for having working NFC. DO NOT IGNORE IT !
    * reboot to System
    * Enjoy !!!​

If you are getting Error 70 while flashing gapps just resize system from TWRP !
    If gapps are giving network errors or other kind of errors install them after first boot !

Download

Please support my work, it's very important! Thanks
    DONATIONS

Regards !
    New LineageOS 18.1 update

Changelog
    * Synced with latest LineageOS 18.1 source code
    * Merged June 2021 security patches
    * Fixed headphones crackling audio
    * Removed buggy AudioFX
    * Fixed random /data corruption
    * Fixed BasicIntegrity

Check OP for more info and downloads !

Donations
    Support Group
    New LineageOS 18.1 update

Changelog
    * Synced with latest LineageOS 18.1 source code
    * Merged July 2021 security patches
    * Fixed styles/overlays reset at boot
    * Fixed ui lags
    * Used proper gpu drivers
    * Fixed graphics artifacts and glitches on some apps
    * Fixed lags while using screenrecorder
    * Performance improvements
    * Fixed some BLE issues

Check OP for more info and downloads !

Donations
    Support Group
    NOTES
    * For rooting with magisk use this.
    * If you face corrupted storage issues you need to go back on emui and re-install the rom or fastboot erase userdata + twrp format data.
    * I recommend NikGapps core with SetupWizard add-on.
    * Use 8.0.0.360 or maximum .400 firmware for booting the rom.
    * Gapps can may give "Uncertified device" error and abort the google account login, use this guide to fix it (thanks to @latviandude )
    * If you want VoLTE/Wifi Calling working flash this zip

** You must be decrypted for booting this rom **
    Before following the installation steps format data and flash this file via TWRP.

Changelog from initial build
    Fixed offline charger for all devices
    * Fixed gapps uncertified error
    * Improved performance
    * Fixed animations janks and lags

Useful links
    My telegram channel
    HI6250 support group
    Updated decrypt zip to work on latest recoveries !
    Download