• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][prague][11] LineageOS 18.1 for Huawei P8 Lite 2017

Search This thread

bendror76

May 23, 2016
NOTES
* For rooting with magisk use this.
* If you face corrupted storage issues you need to go back on emui and re-install the rom or fastboot erase userdata + twrp format data.
* I recommend NikGapps core with SetupWizard add-on.
* Use 8.0.0.360 or maximum .400 firmware for booting the rom.
* Gapps can may give "Uncertified device" error and abort the google account login, use this guide to fix it (thanks to @latviandude )
* If you want VoLTE/Wifi Calling working flash this zip

** You must be decrypted for booting this rom **
Before following the installation steps format data and flash this file via TWRP.

Changelog from initial build
Fixed offline charger for all devices
* Fixed gapps uncertified error
* Improved performance
* Fixed animations janks and lags

Useful links
My telegram channel
HI6250 support group
thx you very much.
is there a guide for rooting with magisk app ? should i just install it?
thx

naced

May 14, 2009
Paris
Hi

Here is the result of my tests
- Lineageos vesion 18.1 (July release)
- Kernel update (April release - kernel-11_20210426)
- NFC and GPS patch by Altair (version 1.3)
- No google apps

MiraCast / Cast : Not Working
GPS : Working and the fix is very fast (very much faster than on the old version, kernel or lineage reason ?)
Camera : Working
NFC : Working
WIFI : Working
Bluethooth : Working
WIFI : Working
Internal Storage : Working
Color Led : Working

And the boot time is about 1minutes 30 seconds

Very thanks to @DarkJoker
Hi @AltairFR ,

I just flashed this rom and the GPS don't work, where can I found you fix that you mentioned ?
Do I need to flash the kernel ? where can I founf it ?

Je viens juste de flasher cette rom et le GPS ne fonctionne pas, où puis-je trouver ton fix ?
Dois-je flashé le kernel ? où puis-je le trouver ?

Thanks a lot for your answer !

Last edited:

AltairFR

My P8 lite 2017 won't boot into any TWRP recovery images provided.
I have installed a TWRP called huawei-honor-8-lite-twrp-3.1.1.img. only that is working

Hi @AltairFR ,

I just flashed this rom and the GPS don't work, where can I found you fix that you mentioned ?
Do I need to flash the kernel ? where can I founf it ?

Je viens juste de flasher cette rom et le GPS ne fonctionne pas, où puis-je trouver ton fix ?
Dois-je flashé le kernel ? où puis-je le trouver ?

Thanks a lot for your answer !
Bonjour

Pour l'instant il n'y a pas de fix complet car j'ai pas encore bien compris pourquoi dans la ROM lineage il avait complétement désactivé la partie qui permet d'accélérer le temps de fixation de la position. Pour simplifier le GPS fonctionne mais son temps de fixation peut être , très très long.

Pouvez vous installer GPSTest et vérifier que il trouve bien les satellites, il faut désactiver l'économiseur d'écran par contre dans les paramètres de l'application car sinon il se déclenche avant de les trouver et bloque donc cette acquisition. Si il les trouvé votre GPS fonctionne

minoomino

Jul 27, 2021
I am very satisfied with this ROM, the procedure (especially the oem unlock) was long but I would say it was worth it. In your opinion is it safe to use this rom exclusively with banking applications and bitcoin wallets or is it better to stay on an official ROM?

Congratulations to the developers! Chapeau.

naced

May 14, 2009
Paris
Bonjour

Pour l'instant il n'y a pas de fix complet car j'ai pas encore bien compris pourquoi dans la ROM lineage il avait complétement désactivé la partie qui permet d'accélérer le temps de fixation de la position. Pour simplifier le GPS fonctionne mais son temps de fixation peut être , très très long.

Pouvez vous installer GPSTest et vérifier que il trouve bien les satellites, il faut désactiver l'économiseur d'écran par contre dans les paramètres de l'application car sinon il se déclenche avant de les trouver et bloque donc cette acquisition. Si il les trouvé votre GPS fonctionne
J'ai ouvert GPSTest et Google maps (en écran scindé) mais aucun ne semble trouver ma position.
Gpstest affiche des satellites Américains et Russes mais ne me donne pas de longitude latitude.
J'en suis à 45 min...
Est ce qu'une fois qu'il m'aura trouvé ce sera plus rapide pour les prochaines fois ? Ou ça sera ça à chaque ouverture d'application nécessitant le GPS ?

Merci pour ton retour!

AltairFR

Hello

In attached file, the new GPS and NFC fixes for the PRA-LX1. Simply install these two files in TWRP after ROM flash .

GPS Fix contains several files which modify the partition of the vendor, so make a backup before

Please report any problem here.

Thank you

Attachments

• GPS-FIX-Altair-v1.1-signed.zip
    1.5 MB · Views: 61
  • NFC-FIX-Altair-v1.4-signed.zip
    206.2 KB · Views: 25

speedson

Oct 10, 2016
my own little microcosmos
My P8 lite 2017 won't boot into any TWRP recovery images provided.
I have installed a TWRP called huawei-honor-8-lite-twrp-3.1.1.img. only that is working
Did you try this one by Darkjoker360 or one of the others from Darkjoker360? Im sure they would work!

solong
speedson 🤘 🙃 🤘

AltairFR

Hi

The latest version of Lineage is very slow to start, because the vold unmount /mnt/phh... waits 20 seconds (2 times)

LogCat :

07-31 09:06:13.390 675 675 I vold : Vold 3.0 (the awakening) firing up
07-31 09:06:13.391 675 675 D vold : Detected support for: ext4 f2fs vfat
07-31 09:06:13.398 675 675 D vold : Tearing down stale mount /mnt/phh/_apex_com.android.vndk.v26_lib_libsoftkeymasterdevice.so
07-31 09:06:13.449 675 675 D vold : Tearing down stale mount /mnt/phh/_system_lib64_vndk-26_libsoftkeymasterdevice.so
07-31 09:06:33.565 675 675 I vold : ForceUnmount failed: Device or resource busy
07-31 09:06:33.565 675 675 D vold : Tearing down stale mount /mnt/phh
07-31 09:06:53.675 675 675 I vold : ForceUnmount failed: Device or resource busy

Is there a way to fix it?

PRXVISION

Apr 17, 2016
Cheers for the ROM, another successful install here as well.

However I've run into some kind of an issue. In the 36 hours that I've had it installed I've had it randomly reboot on me two times.
The first time it rebooted/crashed it also corrupted the SD card which I had to format again.

I wouldn't say it's linked to any very specific action, the second time it happened I was just scrolling Instagram.

Is there like a crashdump or log or something I can access to investigate further?

PRXVISION

Apr 17, 2016
Okay, follow up to my previous message. Everything has been working fine for almost a week now, except for what I described in my last message, which wasn't really something that serious.

Until just a few moments ago.

Essentially, the battery ran out and the phone shut itself down and later on it didn't boot properly anymore.

First it got stuck at the "Your device is has been unlocked and can't be trusted" screen where it stayed for like a minute at least. I saw other people reported it as well, that it's slow to boot, but I didn't have that issue at first, it only started happening now.
Anyhow, then it finally got past that screen and we got to Lineage bootscreen. And it posted to my lockscreen, only for a couple of seconds when it restarted back to Lineage bootscreen, and essentially it was stuck in the bootloop.

What caused it? I have no clue, empty battery?

Anyways, booted into TWRP factory wiped it and now it boots again.

Anyone have any idea what caused the bootloop in the first place so I can fix whavever it was so it wont happen again?

Trin32

Dec 21, 2012
Hi. I got issue installing this system. Fastboot gives
Code:
target reported max download size of 471859200 bytes
Invalid sparse file format at header magi
sending sparse 'system' (460796 KB)...
OKAY [ 13.522s]
writing 'system'...
FAILED (remote: sparse flash write failure)
finished. total time: 13.577s
I guess that's related to firmware, I got PRA-LX1 8.0.0.409(C432).

How can I downgrade to 360 or 400? I remember using Huawei Firmware Finder a few months ago, but it's not avaliable anymore. Can anybody help me with link to matching firmware so I can downgrade before trying to install LOS again?

Edit: Issue solved using this post https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...for-huawei-p8-lite-2017.4275551/post-85133691
Thank you vjjmaster for guide :)
And, of course, thank you DarkJoker360 for keeping this device updated <3
It's basically un-usable at stock ROM nowadays.

Edit2: I had issues with AUX cable not working and Bluetooth reconnecting every few seconds. Flashing the kernel for Android 11 and reinstalling LOS fixed these issues.

Last edited:

vjjmaster

Oct 13, 2017
Hi everyone, I am looking for a way to upgrade without having to reinstall everything from scratch. I have no problems even if it means reinstalling from scratch but I noticed the updating instructions on the 1st Page don't really work.

MOST IMPORTANTLY, I want to be to give mock GPS locations to APPS. There are some apps that require I confirm my location, I want to be able to use MOCK LOCATIONS BUT I haven't figured out that as of now. Please can anybody assist with any information with respect to this? That would be very helpful Thanks to all in advance.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    New update released there, sorry I can't upload to sourceforge because of my network.

Changelog
    * Added unlimited google photo hack
    * FIxed wifi display
    all ok...emui 8 reinstalled- now i'll try step to step the guide.
    I used this via TWRP A11 edition
    Hi, right now I can enter download mode and install twrp. I tried installing ROMs but the phone does not boot. It keeps showing the huawei logo. Is it possible that I fcked up all when I did install the twrp selecting boot instead of recovery??

Normaly you have to : fastboot flash recovery_ramdisk twrp.img
    If you try to fastboot *boot* recovery_ramdisk twrp.img

You end up with a error message (don’t know why, but we can simply boot this TWRP, we had to flash it)

On the other hand indeed, if you have flashed on another partition (ramdisk for example and not recovery_ramdisk) you will have to either find which partition to repair/restore or simply start from scratch with a DLOAD ...
    Hi,
    Thank's for this nice rom. Is there an howto to root it ? I'm unable to install Magisk with twrp (after renamed it Magisk-v23-canary-phh.zip) ? The installation failed with the error msg :
    Updater process ended with ERROR : 127
    Error installing zip file /sdcard/Download/Magisk-v23-canary-phh.zip
    Any help would be appreciate ;-)
    Thanks.

EDIT: Found a method and files on the HI6250 Telegram community

PS : LineageOS 18.1 release 20210910 installed over PRA-LX1 8.0.0.408(C432)
    For everyone's convenience,

I Flashed this zip from TWRP and then installed Magisk apk from below.

Voila Working Magisk.
    Hi,

2okPze5.png

LineageOS 18.1 for Huawei P8 Lite 2017

*** Stable Version ***

About
    LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 11, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

Working
    * Touchscreen
    * Audio
    * Boot
    * Bluethoot
    * Internal/External storage
    * Mtp / Adb
    * Sensors
    * Wifi
    * RIL
    * Camera
    * NFC
    * FP gestures​

Not Working

NOTE: The signal icon is buggy due to Huawei weird ril implementation, I am still looking to fix it over the new Android 10-11 telephony changes.

Installation
    * you must have TWRP installed, use this one (make sure to have the unofficial Android 11 one ! )
    WARNING: You must be decrypted before installing it otherwise it won't boot. (Read second post.)
    * go to TWRP
    * format data
    * reboot to TWRP again
    * do a full wipe (system, data, cache, dalvik/art cache) !
    * reboot to bootloader
    * extract LineageOS 18.1
    * run: fastboot flash system <drag system.img here>
    * reboot to TWRP
    * resize system
    * flash gapps (optional)
    * flash NFC.zip
    NOTE: this zip is needed for having working NFC. DO NOT IGNORE IT !
    * reboot to System
    * Enjoy !!!​

Update
    * reboot to TWRP and do a wipe cache, dalvik/art cache
    * reboot to bootloader
    * extract LineageOS 18.1
    * run: fastboot flash system <drag system.img here>
    * reboot to TWRP
    * resize system
    * flash gapps (optional)
    * flash NFC.zip
    NOTE: this zip is needed for having working NFC. DO NOT IGNORE IT !
    * reboot to System
    * Enjoy !!!​

If you are getting Error 70 while flashing gapps just resize system from TWRP !
    If gapps are giving network errors or other kind of errors install them after first boot !

Download

Please support my work, it's very important! Thanks
    DONATIONS

Regards !
    New LineageOS 18.1 update

Changelog
    * Synced with latest LineageOS 18.1 source code
    * Merged June 2021 security patches
    * Fixed headphones crackling audio
    * Removed buggy AudioFX
    * Fixed random /data corruption
    * Fixed BasicIntegrity

Check OP for more info and downloads !

Donations
    Support Group
    New LineageOS 18.1 update

Changelog
    * Synced with latest LineageOS 18.1 source code
    * Merged July 2021 security patches
    * Fixed styles/overlays reset at boot
    * Fixed ui lags
    * Used proper gpu drivers
    * Fixed graphics artifacts and glitches on some apps
    * Fixed lags while using screenrecorder
    * Performance improvements
    * Fixed some BLE issues

Check OP for more info and downloads !

Donations
    Support Group
    NOTES
    * For rooting with magisk use this.
    * If you face corrupted storage issues you need to go back on emui and re-install the rom or fastboot erase userdata + twrp format data.
    * I recommend NikGapps core with SetupWizard add-on.
    * Use 8.0.0.360 or maximum .400 firmware for booting the rom.
    * Gapps can may give "Uncertified device" error and abort the google account login, use this guide to fix it (thanks to @latviandude )
    * If you want VoLTE/Wifi Calling working flash this zip

** You must be decrypted for booting this rom **
    Before following the installation steps format data and flash this file via TWRP.

Changelog from initial build
    Fixed offline charger for all devices
    * Fixed gapps uncertified error
    * Improved performance
    * Fixed animations janks and lags

Useful links
    My telegram channel
    HI6250 support group
    Updated decrypt zip to work on latest recoveries !
    Download