[ROM][prague][11] LineageOS 18.1 for Huawei P8 Lite 2017

Search This thread
Yeah me using twrp_p10_lite_0.5_test.img and the 0.6 version since today...your coming from stock rom or custom rom? if custom and it was rootet you need to replace the ramdisk image with the stock one to remove old root ramdisk.

so if you came from stock rom at first it is bull**** that you couldnt downgrade the firmware...latest p10 lite warsaw is B398 my actually downgradet to B378. if that is not possible i must a magican or what xD

just download the matching firmware for your device from

after downloading the Firmware you want open it go to software/dload and there you see 4 folder and 1 updatesd.zip.
extarct the 1 folder for your device and the updatesd.zip into a createt folder you named dload.

pick a sdcard and copy the dload folder to sd card...format the card before but it should work without formating to.

then put sd card into the phone and start the phone by press and hold Vol+ and - and Pwr until the Huawei logo on screen...the update begins...wait for ending the firmware flash...after that you have option to delete data/reset and the cache. then reboot and tada.

now comes a fix if erecovery package not veryfied but it should work for this here to. you can also download the HWOTA8_PRA from

in the folder oeminfo/pra you see some files...choose the one for your device and put it on desktop. rename it for exsample from PRA_LX1C432 to PRA-LX1C432.img ok you understand? name keeps like it is and just .img is to add.

start phone in to bootloader(unlocked logical^^)
fastboot flash oeminfo PRA-LX1C432.img

note...i did found this oeminfo fix today and couldnt test until now^^ have found it on 4PDA

so if the fastboot flash did work its a great solution for all who cant do backup before do anything ;)

Ok next...you coming from stock rom and have twrp installed...me using twrp_p10_lite_0.6_test.img

reboot recovery

connect phone to pc and put the fstab.hi6250b.zip to external sd card. if you want put the aosp or lin 18.1 image into external sd to

if done

install from external sd the fstab.hi6250b.zip
go to wipe
data format
there is no need to reboot now
we keep being in wipe menu and delete
cache
dalvik
data
internal storage
system

now reboot to recovery
iinstall the firmware you want from external sd...cause if i do flash it by fastboot command and restart to recovery for expand system partion comes a error. think it was error4 but not sure now^^.
if system is flashed reboot to system to find out that system boot initial startup without bootloop. it should do so.

when it doing so...reboot to recovery and go on the next steps.

hope that will help you even if there was a lot of text :)

solong
speedson 🤘 🙃 🤘
this is the right procedure. Thanks a lot

NB in twrp select image flash and then system image to flash an img!

AltairFR

Apr 22, 2021
Huawei P8lite/P8 Lite
Honor 9
Patch to unable AGPS/AGNSS on hi6250 device (Prague/Warsaw....). To use AGPS you must have a data sim.

Après deux mois de travail, voici le patch pour avoir enfin un GPS assisté sur le prague. Il faut bien sur avoir une carte SIM avec la data pour que cela fonctionne. Sans la data vous aurez un GPS normal :)

Screenshot_20211012-074653_Paramètres.png

News SUPL20 Service to assist GPS
Update to fix some call of deprecated vndk API

Attachments

• AGPS-FIX-AltairVendor-v3.1-signed.zip
    1.7 MB · Views: 23
Last edited:
Hello,

I'm gettting this:

Code:
C:\platform-tools>fastboot flash system C:\platform-tools\lineage-18.1-20210809-UNOFFICIAL-prague.img
Invalid sparse file format at header magic
Sending sparse 'system' 1/6 (460799 KB)            OKAY [ 13.020s]
Writing 'system'                                   FAILED (remote: 'sparse flash write failure')
fastboot: error: Command failed

What's wrong please ?

Hi, it's now few month I'm using this ROM on my main phone and i'ts works pretty well, I've installed magisk. Only few issues I will investigate/share later.
For now I'm looking in enabling a contactless payment app. I dont want GPay. My bank offer a paylib implementation ("Mes paiements" from La Banque Postale). The issue is that the app says "La configuration de cet appareil n'est pas compatible avec les exigences de sécurité qu'impose la protection de vos données", just meaning they know I'm rooted. Months ago during tests, i've trying to enable Magisk Hide but it just ****ed up the OS now I have all my things on it...
Does anyone already have done that ?

AltairFR

Apr 22, 2021
Huawei P8lite/P8 Lite
Honor 9
Hi, it's now few month I'm using this ROM on my main phone and i'ts works pretty well, I've installed magisk. Only few issues I will investigate/share later.
For now I'm looking in enabling a contactless payment app. I dont want GPay. My bank offer a paylib implementation ("Mes paiements" from La Banque Postale). The issue is that the app says "La configuration de cet appareil n'est pas compatible avec les exigences de sécurité qu'impose la protection de vos données", just meaning they know I'm rooted. Months ago during tests, i've trying to enable Magisk Hide but it just ****ed up the OS now I have all my things on it...
Does anyone already have done that ?
Hi, send me a private post, in french 😁

mutonic

Feb 17, 2012
Hi,
I tried flashing this rom on my stock P8 lite 2017.
After unlocking BL, installing TWRP, and starting installation, I got this issue when typing:

fastboot flash system lineage-18.1-20210809-UNOFFICIAL-prague.img
Code:
Sending sparse 'system' 1/6 (460799 KB)            OKAY [ 34.846s]
Writing 'system'                                   FAILED (remote: 'sparse flash write failure')

I also have this other issue when trying to format data or wipe system, data ...:
Code:
failed to mount system invalid argument

Any idea what could be wrong?

mxcion

Mar 24, 2020
LG G3
Honor 6X
Hi,
I tried flashing this rom on my stock P8 lite 2017.
After unlocking BL, installing TWRP, and starting installation, I got this issue when typing:

fastboot flash system lineage-18.1-20210809-UNOFFICIAL-prague.img
Code:
Sending sparse 'system' 1/6 (460799 KB)            OKAY [ 34.846s]

I also have this other issue when trying to format data or wipe system, data ...:
Code:
failed to mount system invalid argument

Any idea what could be wrong?
Had the same issue. After installing stock emui and trying again the issue was gone.

mutonic

Feb 17, 2012
Had the same issue. After installing stock emui and trying again the issue was gone.
do you mean the stock rom? I will try. For now I don't any system available anymore

EDIT: do you know how I can get the stock? tried using huawei firmware finder, but didn't find instructions to use it

Last edited:

mxcion

Mar 24, 2020
LG G3
Honor 6X
do you mean the stock rom? I will try. For now I don't any system available anymore

EDIT: do you know how I can get the stock? tried using huawei firmware finder, but didn't find instructions to use it
Weird could not find a single helpful guide for reverting back to stock emui 8.
Anyways you could try the tool hwota 8. Here is the official post.

The post was made for p20 lite and the links are down but I will provide you a mirror from my side.
Just follow the steps in the post while using hwota. Get your firmware files at here or here.

Let me know if something does not work as it should.
(Edit: Just a side note, the tool works flawless on my bln-l22)

Last edited:

mutonic

Feb 17, 2012
Weird could not find a single helpful guide for reverting back to stock emui 8.
Anyways you could try the tool hwota 8. Here is the official post.

The post was made for p20 lite and the links are down but I will provide you a mirror from my side.
Just follow the steps in the post while using hwota. Get your firmware files at here or here.

Let me know if something does not work as it should.
(Edit: Just a side note, the tool works flawless on my bln-l22)
Thanks for you help!

I'm currently downloading firmware from you links, will let you know how it goes.

Was trying to follow this guide : guide-flash-stock-huawei-firmwares-pra-lx1
but didn't how to use firmware finder to retrieve stock rom and there is a file no check recovery which isn't available anymore...

EDIT: unfortunatey archive is password protected saying you need to buy password from their site... weird!
will try other method through firmware finder

EDIT2: finally managed to revert to stock simply by using the huawei erecovery. I configured wifi and it downloaded and flashed itself

Last edited:

mxcion

Mar 24, 2020
LG G3
Honor 6X
Thanks for you help!

I'm currently downloading firmware from you links, will let you know how it goes.

Was trying to follow this guide : guide-flash-stock-huawei-firmwares-pra-lx1
but didn't how to use firmware finder to retrieve stock rom and there is a file no check recovery which isn't available anymore...

EDIT: unfortunatey archive is password protected saying you need to buy password from their site... weird!
will try other method through firmware finder

EDIT2: finally managed to revert to stock simply by using the huawei erecovery. I configured wifi and it downloaded and flashed itself
OKey nice! Does flashing LineageOS finally work now?

mutonic

Feb 17, 2012
Hello,

I'm gettting this:

Code:
C:\platform-tools>fastboot flash system C:\platform-tools\lineage-18.1-20210809-UNOFFICIAL-prague.img
Sending sparse 'system' 1/6 (460799 KB)            OKAY [ 13.020s]

What's wrong please ?
OKey nice! Does flashing LineageOS finally work now?
Unfortunaly still not working :(

I noticed someone else had same issue

@sdkyron did you manage to get the rom flashed?

I'm trying on different laptop with different OS and different cable to see if it helps..
Will let you know.

EDIT: 3rd attempt still the same issue, seems like there is really something wrong..

do you think this rom can be flashed directly from TWRP instead as from fastboot commands?
I wonder if it could solve my issue ..

Last edited:

PanRebigiusz

Oct 18, 2021
After flash this rom on huawei p9 lite 2017 my phone reset and go to erecovery. What should I do? ( sorry for my english)

m3nda

Oct 22, 2014
NFC not working on mine.
Doesn't matter how many times did I flash the NFC_Fix.zip.

What I am doing wrong?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi,

2okPze5.png

LineageOS 18.1 for Huawei P8 Lite 2017

*** Stable Version ***

About
    LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 11, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

Working
    * Touchscreen
    * Audio
    * Boot
    * Bluethoot
    * Internal/External storage
    * Mtp / Adb
    * Sensors
    * Wifi
    * RIL
    * Camera
    * NFC
    * FP gestures​

Not Working

NOTE: The signal icon is buggy due to Huawei weird ril implementation, I am still looking to fix it over the new Android 10-11 telephony changes.

Installation
    * you must have TWRP installed, use this one (make sure to have the unofficial Android 11 one ! )
    WARNING: You must be decrypted before installing it otherwise it won't boot. (Read second post.)
    * go to TWRP
    * format data
    * reboot to TWRP again
    * do a full wipe (system, data, cache, dalvik/art cache) !
    * reboot to bootloader
    * extract LineageOS 18.1
    * run: fastboot flash system <drag system.img here>
    * reboot to TWRP
    * resize system
    * flash gapps (optional)
    * flash NFC.zip
    NOTE: this zip is needed for having working NFC. DO NOT IGNORE IT !
    * reboot to System
    * Enjoy !!!​

Update
    * reboot to TWRP and do a wipe cache, dalvik/art cache
    * reboot to bootloader
    * extract LineageOS 18.1
    * run: fastboot flash system <drag system.img here>
    * reboot to TWRP
    * resize system
    * flash gapps (optional)
    * flash NFC.zip
    NOTE: this zip is needed for having working NFC. DO NOT IGNORE IT !
    * reboot to System
    * Enjoy !!!​

If you are getting Error 70 while flashing gapps just resize system from TWRP !
    If gapps are giving network errors or other kind of errors install them after first boot !

Download

Please support my work, it's very important! Thanks
    DONATIONS

Regards !
    New LineageOS 18.1 update

Changelog
    * Synced with latest LineageOS 18.1 source code
    * Merged June 2021 security patches
    * Fixed headphones crackling audio
    * Removed buggy AudioFX
    * Fixed random /data corruption
    * Fixed BasicIntegrity

Check OP for more info and downloads !

Donations
    Support Group
    New LineageOS 18.1 update

Changelog
    * Synced with latest LineageOS 18.1 source code
    * Merged July 2021 security patches
    * Fixed styles/overlays reset at boot
    * Fixed ui lags
    * Used proper gpu drivers
    * Fixed graphics artifacts and glitches on some apps
    * Fixed lags while using screenrecorder
    * Performance improvements
    * Fixed some BLE issues

Check OP for more info and downloads !

Donations
    Support Group
    NOTES
    * For rooting with magisk use this.
    * If you face corrupted storage issues you need to go back on emui and re-install the rom or fastboot erase userdata + twrp format data.
    * I recommend NikGapps core with SetupWizard add-on.
    * Use 8.0.0.360 or maximum .400 firmware for booting the rom.
    * Gapps can may give "Uncertified device" error and abort the google account login, use this guide to fix it (thanks to @latviandude )
    * If you want VoLTE/Wifi Calling working flash this zip

** You must be decrypted for booting this rom **
    Before following the installation steps format data and flash this file via TWRP.

Changelog from initial build
    Fixed offline charger for all devices
    * Fixed gapps uncertified error
    * Improved performance
    * Fixed animations janks and lags

Useful links
    My telegram channel
    HI6250 support group
    @DarkJoker360 hi

Here is a little feedback from the first tests (I am in EMUI version 8.0.0.390):
    - No problem for installing the ROM and Google Apps (NikGapps-basic-arm64-11-20201231)
    - Playstore: ok
    - Wifi: ok
    - Touchscreen : ok
    - Bluetooth: ok
    - Location: ko (google maps does not give the correct location)
    - Cast / Miracast: ko (smartphone reboot)
    - NFC: ok (service started but intermittent crash when reading an NFC card)
    - Camera lineage OS: ko (unable to take a photo)
    - Gcam Go : ok

I continue the tests ....
    - Lineage Camera : OK
    - Location : Google Maps, fails to detect correct location (some meters accuracy inside house but I'm sure it works, u just need to go outside and do some walking to get more accurate location)
    - Gallery : Ok.
    - Fingerprint : At first I couldn't add my FP, then I went to "Settings/System/Gestures" and enabled "Swipe fingerprint for notifications" and tested if I can scroll notifications with it, after that I disabled it and then I noticed that I could add FP. So in the end it WORKS.
    - Calling : If you are using NikGapps, u need to go to "Settings/Apps and Notifications/Default Apps" and set default Phone app/Dialer. Then you can make calls without problems.
    - NFC : I can enable it and disable but I can't use it for mobile contactless payments because my Banking app shows that I'm rooted, even I have no root enabled.
    - Performance, animations : Ok.
    - RIL/Network : As I have Latvia SIM Card and Dual Sim Variant - PRA-LX1, after first boot I notice - Network restart issue. To fix it you need to set PIN Lock from different device, if it doesn't help, you need to disable Dual sim with "persist.radio.multisim.config=none" and reboot ur device, usually it works, else u need to go to Settings and reset APN settings.
    - Battery : Ok.
    - Audio : OK.
    - Playstore/Gapps : OK
    - Bluetooth : Haven't tested yet.
    - Cast Screen : Haven't tested yet.
    - Touchscreen : OK.
    - Messaging : Seems to be OK.
    - Notification LED/Light : can't be tested, cuz it's dead for me. :(
    - Sounds for notifications/alarm : Can't be found, you need to download and install "Google/Pixel Sounds app" and set ringtone sound manually.
    - Brightness : Seems to be +- good.
    - Root : As default it doesn't work. But it can be enabled using one of Hamido's 3 methods. Not gonna add em, you can find them in hi6250 community group or XDA.
    - Alarm : OK. So don't worry you will be able to wake up in time LOL
    - Instagram : Everything is ok except you can't add Story from Gallery, so to fix this you need to install older Instagram version.
    - OneDrive : It's ok, except you can't download your files, documents using app. But there's an workaround, Thanks to Hamido. You can download your files using ADM Browser app.
    - Netflix : Latest versions doesn't let you play videos, I believe.. So to be able do that you need to download this version - "6_26_1_build_15_31696_31696". It will still give you sometimes error messages ,for example, when you try to play next episode but at least you will be able to watch something. :)

I think that this is it for now. Will update things, if I notice something new. Thanks for reading lol.