[ROM][prague][11] LineageOS 18.1 for Huawei P8 Lite 2017

Search This thread

speedson

Oct 10, 2016
my own little microcosmos
Unfortunaly still not working :(

I noticed someone else had same issue

@sdkyron did you manage to get the rom flashed?

I'm trying on different laptop with different OS and different cable to see if it helps..
Will let you know.

EDIT: 3rd attempt still the same issue, seems like there is really something wrong..

do you think this rom can be flashed directly from TWRP instead as from fastboot commands?
I wonder if it could solve my issue ..
Hi...
after unlock bootloader and frp...did you flash twrp? did you next decrypt the phone and the next steps that must be done...before you flashed the custom rom!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You find many step by step tutorials in this forum.

I bet that would solved your issue ;)

solong
speedson

SquallDNA

Mar 1, 2012
Is VOLTE working? Or is VoLTE added as feature? I managed to enable the switch for VoLTE on my Huawei Gr3 2017 PRA LX2. But I still cant make any call using Volte.

Last edited:

mutonic

Feb 17, 2012
Hi...
after unlock bootloader and frp...did you flash twrp? did you next decrypt the phone and the next steps that must be done...before you flashed the custom rom!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You find many step by step tutorials in this forum.

I bet that would solved your issue ;)

solong
speedson
I've followed all steps carefully but each time I get the error I mentionned before (see post #233).

After getting this error, the system partition is messed up and I cannot do anything on the phone except reverting to stock rom using huawei erecovery tool.

I've tried 4 times, with everytime the same result :(. I don't think this is due to a mistake, as others had the same problem :
- post #226
- or this one #188

I am a bit out of solutions now...
The only thing I didn't try is flashing through TWRP instead as from command line.

Does anyone know if this method could work?

Edit: my stock version (410):

Last edited:

SquallDNA

Mar 1, 2012
I've followed all steps carefully but each time I get the error I mentionned before (see post #233).

After getting this error, the system partition is messed up and I cannot do anything on the phone except reverting to stock rom using huawei erecovery tool.

I've tried 4 times, with everytime the same result :(. I don't think this is due to a mistake, as others had the same problem :
- post #226
- or this one #188

The only thing I didn't try is flashing through TWRP instead as from command line.

i think im on the same route as you. Im currently downloading PRA-LX2 8.0.0.383 via erecovery, because i also had the invalid sparse error. My device is GR3 2017, they say its the same device as P8 lite 2017. therefore im following this thread.

the main reason im installing this ROM is so i can enable VOLTE. Please someone tell me that this is all worth a try?

AltairFR

Apr 22, 2021
Huawei P8lite/P8 Lite
Honor 9
NFC not working on mine.
Doesn't matter how many times did I flash the NFC_Fix.zip.

What I am doing wrong
Wipe data and cache. Do you have test Altaïr fix for NFC ?

- post #226
- or this one #188

Sometime flash failed with a old version of fastboot executable. Do you have 2021 version ?

mutonic

Feb 17, 2012
i think im on the same route as you. Im currently downloading PRA-LX2 8.0.0.383 via erecovery, because i also had the invalid sparse error. My device is GR3 2017, they say its the same device as P8 lite 2017. therefore im following this thread.

the main reason im installing this ROM is so i can enable VOLTE. Please someone tell me that this is all worth a try?
Thanks for letting me know,
I'm installing the rom to remove all huawei bloatware... and overcome space limitations on stock.
Also getting privacy focused ROM with lineageOS as I'm degooglising all my devices.

I suspect also a version of EMUI being too recent don't know yet how to downgrade it though..

Reactions: SquallDNA

mutonic

Feb 17, 2012
Sometime flash failed with a old version of fastboot executable. Do you have 2021 version ?
I've tried with these version:

linux:
Code:
~ % fastboot --version
fastboot version 31.0.2-android-tools
Installed as /usr/bin/fastboot

windows:
Code:
$ ./Downloads/scrcpy-win64-v1.19/fastboot.exe --version
fastboot version 29.0.5-5949299
Installed as C:\Users\Etienne\Downloads\scrcpy-win64-v1.19\fastboot.exe

SquallDNA

Mar 1, 2012
I've tried with these version:

linux:
Code:
~ % fastboot --version
fastboot version 31.0.2-android-tools
Installed as /usr/bin/fastboot

windows:
Code:
$ ./Downloads/scrcpy-win64-v1.19/fastboot.exe --version
fastboot version 29.0.5-5949299
Installed as C:\Users\Etienne\Downloads\scrcpy-win64-v1.19\fastboot.exe
Any update on your end?

I tried flashing 3 times already with the same result. It's difficult coming back to emui stock because i have to redownload via erecovery, and download speed takes 4 to 5 hours. I did have a backup but cant restore. Getting stock at vendor restore..anyway, i even tried to flash via Twrp but it didn't work.. my fastboot version is newer than yours..

Just to clarify, the system.img mentioned in the instructions, thats the one extracted from the .xz file right?

AltairFR

Apr 22, 2021
Huawei P8lite/P8 Lite
Honor 9
Je vais te passer ma procédure complète qui évite de passer par un download e-recovery et qui surtout va corriger ton problème de fastboot. Si tu télécharges a chaque fois via le e-recovery c'est sur que cela fonctionne pas car il télécharge la dernière version de emui qui n'est pas compatible 😂

Reactions: mutonic

SquallDNA

Mar 1, 2012
Je vais te passer ma procédure complète qui évite de passer par un download e-recovery et qui surtout va corriger ton problème de fastboot. Si tu télécharges a chaque fois via le e-recovery c'est sur que cela fonctionne pas car il télécharge la dernière version de emui qui n'est pas compatible 😂
So stock firmware .383 is not compatible with lineage 18.1? Per 2nd post though, it says that its compatible between firmware 8.0.0.360 to .400.. that's confusing. 😄
Anyway, that's very nice of you if you can assist us. Thank you.

SquallDNA

Mar 1, 2012
Tu es sur que c'est la 383 que tu télécharges, normalement il télécharge la dernière version si tu passes par le e-recovery et la dernière en France c'est la 408
Im pretty sure yes. I will attach a screenshot of the phone later. This is again a different variant of the P8 lite 2017, named GR3 2017, from the Philippines. Maybe that's the reason why it has its latest firmware on .383.

UPDATE:
I have attached screenshot of my GR3 2017s firmware version.

Attachments

• 20211024_170633.jpg
    20211024_170633.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 65
Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi,

2okPze5.png

LineageOS 18.1 for Huawei P8 Lite 2017

*** Stable Version ***

About
    LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 11, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

Working
    * Touchscreen
    * Audio
    * Boot
    * Bluethoot
    * Internal/External storage
    * Mtp / Adb
    * Sensors
    * Wifi
    * RIL
    * Camera
    * NFC
    * FP gestures​

Not Working

NOTE: The signal icon is buggy due to Huawei weird ril implementation, I am still looking to fix it over the new Android 10-11 telephony changes.

Installation
    * you must have TWRP installed, use this one (make sure to have the unofficial Android 11 one ! )
    WARNING: You must be decrypted before installing it otherwise it won't boot. (Read second post.)
    * go to TWRP
    * format data
    * reboot to TWRP again
    * do a full wipe (system, data, cache, dalvik/art cache) !
    * reboot to bootloader
    * extract LineageOS 18.1
    * run: fastboot flash system <drag system.img here>
    * reboot to TWRP
    * resize system
    * flash gapps (optional)
    * flash NFC.zip
    NOTE: this zip is needed for having working NFC. DO NOT IGNORE IT !
    * reboot to System
    * Enjoy !!!​

Update
    * reboot to TWRP and do a wipe cache, dalvik/art cache
    * reboot to bootloader
    * extract LineageOS 18.1
    * run: fastboot flash system <drag system.img here>
    * reboot to TWRP
    * resize system
    * flash gapps (optional)
    * flash NFC.zip
    NOTE: this zip is needed for having working NFC. DO NOT IGNORE IT !
    * reboot to System
    * Enjoy !!!​

If you are getting Error 70 while flashing gapps just resize system from TWRP !
    If gapps are giving network errors or other kind of errors install them after first boot !

Download

Please support my work, it's very important! Thanks
    DONATIONS

Regards !
    New LineageOS 18.1 update

Changelog
    * Synced with latest LineageOS 18.1 source code
    * Merged June 2021 security patches
    * Fixed headphones crackling audio
    * Removed buggy AudioFX
    * Fixed random /data corruption
    * Fixed BasicIntegrity

Check OP for more info and downloads !

Donations
    Support Group
    New LineageOS 18.1 update

Changelog
    * Synced with latest LineageOS 18.1 source code
    * Merged July 2021 security patches
    * Fixed styles/overlays reset at boot
    * Fixed ui lags
    * Used proper gpu drivers
    * Fixed graphics artifacts and glitches on some apps
    * Fixed lags while using screenrecorder
    * Performance improvements
    * Fixed some BLE issues

Check OP for more info and downloads !

Donations
    Support Group
    NOTES
    * For rooting with magisk use this.
    * If you face corrupted storage issues you need to go back on emui and re-install the rom or fastboot erase userdata + twrp format data.
    * I recommend NikGapps core with SetupWizard add-on.
    * Use 8.0.0.360 or maximum .400 firmware for booting the rom.
    * Gapps can may give "Uncertified device" error and abort the google account login, use this guide to fix it (thanks to @latviandude )
    * If you want VoLTE/Wifi Calling working flash this zip

** You must be decrypted for booting this rom **
    Before following the installation steps format data and flash this file via TWRP.

Changelog from initial build
    Fixed offline charger for all devices
    * Fixed gapps uncertified error
    * Improved performance
    * Fixed animations janks and lags

Useful links
    My telegram channel
    HI6250 support group
    @DarkJoker360 hi

Here is a little feedback from the first tests (I am in EMUI version 8.0.0.390):
    - No problem for installing the ROM and Google Apps (NikGapps-basic-arm64-11-20201231)
    - Playstore: ok
    - Wifi: ok
    - Touchscreen : ok
    - Bluetooth: ok
    - Location: ko (google maps does not give the correct location)
    - Cast / Miracast: ko (smartphone reboot)
    - NFC: ok (service started but intermittent crash when reading an NFC card)
    - Camera lineage OS: ko (unable to take a photo)
    - Gcam Go : ok

I continue the tests ....
    - Lineage Camera : OK
    - Location : Google Maps, fails to detect correct location (some meters accuracy inside house but I'm sure it works, u just need to go outside and do some walking to get more accurate location)
    - Gallery : Ok.
    - Fingerprint : At first I couldn't add my FP, then I went to "Settings/System/Gestures" and enabled "Swipe fingerprint for notifications" and tested if I can scroll notifications with it, after that I disabled it and then I noticed that I could add FP. So in the end it WORKS.
    - Calling : If you are using NikGapps, u need to go to "Settings/Apps and Notifications/Default Apps" and set default Phone app/Dialer. Then you can make calls without problems.
    - NFC : I can enable it and disable but I can't use it for mobile contactless payments because my Banking app shows that I'm rooted, even I have no root enabled.
    - Performance, animations : Ok.
    - RIL/Network : As I have Latvia SIM Card and Dual Sim Variant - PRA-LX1, after first boot I notice - Network restart issue. To fix it you need to set PIN Lock from different device, if it doesn't help, you need to disable Dual sim with "persist.radio.multisim.config=none" and reboot ur device, usually it works, else u need to go to Settings and reset APN settings.
    - Battery : Ok.
    - Audio : OK.
    - Playstore/Gapps : OK
    - Bluetooth : Haven't tested yet.
    - Cast Screen : Haven't tested yet.
    - Touchscreen : OK.
    - Messaging : Seems to be OK.
    - Notification LED/Light : can't be tested, cuz it's dead for me. :(
    - Sounds for notifications/alarm : Can't be found, you need to download and install "Google/Pixel Sounds app" and set ringtone sound manually.
    - Brightness : Seems to be +- good.
    - Root : As default it doesn't work. But it can be enabled using one of Hamido's 3 methods. Not gonna add em, you can find them in hi6250 community group or XDA.
    - Alarm : OK. So don't worry you will be able to wake up in time LOL
    - Instagram : Everything is ok except you can't add Story from Gallery, so to fix this you need to install older Instagram version.
    - OneDrive : It's ok, except you can't download your files, documents using app. But there's an workaround, Thanks to Hamido. You can download your files using ADM Browser app.
    - Netflix : Latest versions doesn't let you play videos, I believe.. So to be able do that you need to download this version - "6_26_1_build_15_31696_31696". It will still give you sometimes error messages ,for example, when you try to play next episode but at least you will be able to watch something. :)

I think that this is it for now. Will update things, if I notice something new. Thanks for reading lol.