[ROM][prague][11] LineageOS 18.1 for Huawei P8 Lite 2017

Search This thread

SquallDNA

Mar 1, 2012
In my case I got the 410.... strange
Will follow the instruction @AltairFR gave me, and let you know if I manage to install.
I tried to install ASOP 11 by Darkjoker360. And i managed to run it. But i bricked it again.. please tell me if you do install lineage, and how you did it.

Donc un PRA-LX2 en version 636. C'est la première fois que j'en vois une
Yes. Im also having difficulty finding stock rom and guide for this specific device.

SquallDNA

Mar 1, 2012
I did it! I downgraded my firmware from a nova lite using dload method. Flashed and it worked. However, i still cant use Volte. If i search on the settings there are the options to set VOLTE. But when i click it, it just sends me to the mobile network settings without any Volte options or toggle. I already used the fix on 2nd post. I tried to use ×#×#4636#×#× but the VOLTE PROVISION is greyed out and cant be toggled. I really need to make volte work.

Attachments

• 20211026_002254.jpg
    20211026_002254.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 30
Reactions: mutonic

mutonic

Feb 17, 2012
Well done (y) May I know what you did after getting the rom?
Because in my case I found an older rom, uncompressed it, copied the dload directory to SD,
then I rebooted phone with vol up and down, but the phone refused to flash it..
As this is a previous version I wonder if the phone is refusing to downgrade through this method..
Did you do the same or used another method to downgrade your phone?

Reactions: SquallDNA

SquallDNA

Mar 1, 2012
Well done (y) May I know what you did after getting the rom?
Because in my case I found an older rom, uncompressed it, copied the dload directory to SD,
then I rebooted phone with vol up and down, but the phone refused to flash it..
As this is a previous version I wonder if the phone is refusing to downgrade through this method..
Did you do the same or used another method to downgrade your phone?
Yes i did the same procedure. Mine actually flashed with no problem.. make sure it's just the UPDATE.APP inside the dload folder. Mine flashed even thought im from GR3 2017 8.0.0.383 to NOVA LITE 8.0.0.360.

What's interesting is i did try to downgrade using 2 different stock fw, NOVALITE and P8 LiTE 2017.both flashed with no issue. After installing the P8 LITE though, my firmware still shows that its a Nova lite..

mutonic

Feb 17, 2012
Yes i did the same procedure. Mine actually flashed with no problem.. make sure it's just the UPDATE.APP inside the dload folder. Mine flashed even thought im from GR3 2017 8.0.0.383 to NOVA LITE 8.0.0.360.

What's interesting is i did try to downgrade using 2 different stock fw, NOVALITE and P8 LiTE 2017.both flashed with no issue. After installing the P8 LITE though, my firmware still shows that its a Nova lite..
Thanks will retry. How did you get your p8 lite 2017 ROM?

SquallDNA

Mar 1, 2012

mutonic

Feb 17, 2012
Done! seems like my sd was badly inserted the first time, and phone wasn't seeing it hence update failure.
Restarted and phone smoothly downgraded (version 401).
After redoing all steps (BL unlocking, TWRP, decrypt...) and some suspense... custom rom flashed!

I'm glad this is finally done and I don't have to repeat this process anymore :) (my 4G mobile plan was fully eaten btw !)
et encore merci pour l'aide ;)

Reactions: SquallDNA

Corrreia

Jan 23, 2019
Is there any newb-friendly solution for the FAILED (remote: 'sparse flash write failure')?
I'm new to custom ROMs and decided to test on this smartphone before moving to other ones.
It would be good if someone could resume every step into a single post.

AltairFR

Apr 22, 2021
Huawei P8lite/P8 Lite
Honor 9
I did it! I downgraded my firmware from a nova lite using dload method. Flashed and it worked. However, i still cant use Volte. If i search on the settings there are the options to set VOLTE. But when i click it, it just sends me to the mobile network settings without any Volte options or toggle. I already used the fix on 2nd post. I tried to use ×#×#4636#×#× but the VOLTE PROVISION is greyed out and cant be toggled. I really need to make volte work.
the volt does not work on this ROM, on none besides

SquallDNA

Mar 1, 2012
Done! seems like my sd was badly inserted the first time, and phone wasn't seeing it hence update failure.
Restarted and phone smoothly downgraded (version 401).
After redoing all steps (BL unlocking, TWRP, decrypt...) and some suspense... custom rom flashed!

I'm glad this is finally done and I don't have to repeat this process anymore :) (my 4G mobile plan was fully eaten btw !)
et encore merci pour l'aide ;)
Well done. Im glad we did it.all that used up data are all worth it. Im lucky i have unlimited LTE prepaid to go thru that heavy firmware downloads.

Je vous en prie
Is there any newb-friendly solution for the FAILED (remote: 'sparse flash write failure')?
I'm new to custom ROMs and decided to test on this smartphone before moving to other ones.
It would be good if someone could resume every step into a single post.
Unfortunately you'll have to read though our conversation. I believe we have the same error. The gist is that you should be in the right stock firmware version when flashing. The lower the better i guess.. In my case that's 8.0.0.364. Check the link above.

the volt does not work on this ROM, on none besides
That's unfortunate. But thanks anyway.

PRXVISION

Apr 17, 2016
Huawei P8lite/P8 Lite
OnePlus X
I seem to have found an issue no one else has reported, or is it somehow related to just my device?

Essentially this seems to be a an issue on the software side. When shooting videos in Snapchat app the audio that it captures is kind of muffled and distorted (bitcrushed to be more specific, it has this kind of ringing tone and extra noise to it) and it seems to be present only with Snapchat. When recording audio with the stock Recorder app or shooting a video with the default camera app the audio is absolutely fine.

Steps to reproduce the problem: Literally just record a video with Snapchat.
Right, to come back to my previous issue since noone has mentioned anything similar.

The issue seems to be with third party apps accessing the camera/microphone - I just realized the same issue occurs not only with Snapchat but when making a story on Instagram/FB, recording a video through Twitter and I assume whatever other third party app like this.

Microphone in calls and default camera app work just fine.

So, can someone please confirm if this is just me or wtf is this? Or is this something I can mess with in the settings? Clearly makes the ROM almost unusable or at the very least very scuffed from certain aspects.

I've attached two videos to more clearly point out what I mean, one taken in Snapchat, where you can clearly distinguish the distorted crunchy ringing sound and overall muffled sound.

Here's the same thing but taken in the default camera app on the same ROM and where you can hear that the recorded audio is clear.

Last edited:

m3nda

Oct 22, 2014
Wipe data and cache. Do you have test Altaïr fix for NFC ?

Sometime flash failed with a old version of fastboot executable. Do you have 2021 version ?

Uups.

Did It, working.

Btw, Im not sure If i where correct, because I found that the NFC receiver in that device is located on top of the device, so maybe I never used it correctly before.

After wipe and flash NFC fingerprint sensor didn't work.
Did twice and not is everything working.

Thanks.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Yes. It is on internal storage. That's because I can't even access access my SD card. I fusion it with internal storage and works fine but after a reboot, I got missing sd card or corrupted SD card. My SD don't show in twrp...
    Even otg don't show too...
    I can confirm that this happened to me also. This issue makes this ROM pretty much useless since once you get asked if you want to format the SD card to use it as an extension to the internal memory (which is exactly the reason why I chanced the stock ROM to LineageOS) and then reboot the system for the first time, the SD card cannot be read anymore. The ROM is barely usable cause once you install a couple of apps it starts slowing down A LOT, which makes it unusable on a daily basis. I wanted to resurrect this phone but I went back to the stock rom, with unlocked bootloader and root access, but still useless as before due to its small internal memory.
    Anyway, for root access with Magisk: download Magisk v18.1 zip file from the internet and flash it with TWRP then reboot. Install the latest Magisk app apk (v27.0 on March 3rd 2024). Open the Magisk app and you'll be asked to upgrade it. Choose to install it through Magisk itself (not via recovery) and then reboot. Open the Magisk app and you'll be asked to upgrade it again. Do it again and reboot. Now you can use Magisk and you'll have root access. I haven't been able to directly install the latest version of the zip file (v27.0) on this phone cause the app asked me to upgrade it anyway but the option to do it on the app itself is not present, so I used an older version then upgraded it in the app (don't ask me why the option is there on the old version only).
    Anyway, have you found a fix to the SD card not being recognised anymore after a reboot? Do you, or someone else, know another method or another ROM to fix the small internal memory issue of this phone? Otherwise I'll just throw it in the bin.
    I finally installed official stock rom. I use my SD card as external storage but I don't know why but when I install app with apk file, it install it on SD card lol. My SD is format exfat and can't be read on pc or others devices. I can access files on both storage on my tablet.
    Can you please tell me what version of the stock ROM did you install? I went back to Android 8.0 with EMUI 8.0 but it doesn't allow me to use the external SD. I know that the format of it can only be used on the phone/tablet, but I can sacrifice the SD card if it works 😂 When I was using Lineage OS I used an app called AppMgr III (App 2 SD) that has the option to install all future apps on the external SD card, and that's exactly what I want and in fact it worked. You need root access but you can check it out to revert back to internal storage if you want to install the apps there and you can also move the already installed apps
    Hi,

2okPze5.png

LineageOS 18.1 for Huawei P8 Lite 2017

*** Stable Version ***

About
    LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 11, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

Working
    * Touchscreen
    * Audio
    * Boot
    * Bluethoot
    * Internal/External storage
    * Mtp / Adb
    * Sensors
    * Wifi
    * RIL
    * Camera
    * NFC
    * FP gestures​

Not Working

NOTE: The signal icon is buggy due to Huawei weird ril implementation, I am still looking to fix it over the new Android 10-11 telephony changes.

Installation
    * you must have TWRP installed, use this one (make sure to have the unofficial Android 11 one ! )
    WARNING: You must be decrypted before installing it otherwise it won't boot. (Read second post.)
    * go to TWRP
    * format data
    * reboot to TWRP again
    * do a full wipe (system, data, cache, dalvik/art cache) !
    * reboot to bootloader
    * extract LineageOS 18.1
    * run: fastboot flash system <drag system.img here>
    * reboot to TWRP
    * resize system
    * flash gapps (optional)
    * flash NFC.zip
    NOTE: this zip is needed for having working NFC. DO NOT IGNORE IT !
    * reboot to System
    * Enjoy !!!​

Update
    * reboot to TWRP and do a wipe cache, dalvik/art cache
    * reboot to bootloader
    * extract LineageOS 18.1
    * run: fastboot flash system <drag system.img here>
    * reboot to TWRP
    * resize system
    * flash gapps (optional)
    * flash NFC.zip
    NOTE: this zip is needed for having working NFC. DO NOT IGNORE IT !
    * reboot to System
    * Enjoy !!!​

If you are getting Error 70 while flashing gapps just resize system from TWRP !
    If gapps are giving network errors or other kind of errors install them after first boot !

Download

Please support my work, it's very important! Thanks
    DONATIONS

Regards !
    New LineageOS 18.1 update

Changelog
    * Synced with latest LineageOS 18.1 source code
    * Merged June 2021 security patches
    * Fixed headphones crackling audio
    * Removed buggy AudioFX
    * Fixed random /data corruption
    * Fixed BasicIntegrity

Check OP for more info and downloads !

Donations
    Support Group
    New LineageOS 18.1 update

Changelog
    * Synced with latest LineageOS 18.1 source code
    * Merged July 2021 security patches
    * Fixed styles/overlays reset at boot
    * Fixed ui lags
    * Used proper gpu drivers
    * Fixed graphics artifacts and glitches on some apps
    * Fixed lags while using screenrecorder
    * Performance improvements
    * Fixed some BLE issues

Check OP for more info and downloads !

Donations
    Support Group
    NOTES
    * For rooting with magisk use this.
    * If you face corrupted storage issues you need to go back on emui and re-install the rom or fastboot erase userdata + twrp format data.
    * I recommend NikGapps core with SetupWizard add-on.
    * Use 8.0.0.360 or maximum .400 firmware for booting the rom.
    * Gapps can may give "Uncertified device" error and abort the google account login, use this guide to fix it (thanks to @latviandude )
    * If you want VoLTE/Wifi Calling working flash this zip

** You must be decrypted for booting this rom **
    Before following the installation steps format data and flash this file via TWRP.

Changelog from initial build
    Fixed offline charger for all devices
    * Fixed gapps uncertified error
    * Improved performance
    * Fixed animations janks and lags

Useful links
    My telegram channel
    HI6250 support group
    @DarkJoker360 hi

Here is a little feedback from the first tests (I am in EMUI version 8.0.0.390):
    - No problem for installing the ROM and Google Apps (NikGapps-basic-arm64-11-20201231)
    - Playstore: ok
    - Wifi: ok
    - Touchscreen : ok
    - Bluetooth: ok
    - Location: ko (google maps does not give the correct location)
    - Cast / Miracast: ko (smartphone reboot)
    - NFC: ok (service started but intermittent crash when reading an NFC card)
    - Camera lineage OS: ko (unable to take a photo)
    - Gcam Go : ok

I continue the tests ....
    - Lineage Camera : OK
    - Location : Google Maps, fails to detect correct location (some meters accuracy inside house but I'm sure it works, u just need to go outside and do some walking to get more accurate location)
    - Gallery : Ok.
    - Fingerprint : At first I couldn't add my FP, then I went to "Settings/System/Gestures" and enabled "Swipe fingerprint for notifications" and tested if I can scroll notifications with it, after that I disabled it and then I noticed that I could add FP. So in the end it WORKS.
    - Calling : If you are using NikGapps, u need to go to "Settings/Apps and Notifications/Default Apps" and set default Phone app/Dialer. Then you can make calls without problems.
    - NFC : I can enable it and disable but I can't use it for mobile contactless payments because my Banking app shows that I'm rooted, even I have no root enabled.
    - Performance, animations : Ok.
    - RIL/Network : As I have Latvia SIM Card and Dual Sim Variant - PRA-LX1, after first boot I notice - Network restart issue. To fix it you need to set PIN Lock from different device, if it doesn't help, you need to disable Dual sim with "persist.radio.multisim.config=none" and reboot ur device, usually it works, else u need to go to Settings and reset APN settings.
    - Battery : Ok.
    - Audio : OK.
    - Playstore/Gapps : OK
    - Bluetooth : Haven't tested yet.
    - Cast Screen : Haven't tested yet.
    - Touchscreen : OK.
    - Messaging : Seems to be OK.
    - Notification LED/Light : can't be tested, cuz it's dead for me. :(
    - Sounds for notifications/alarm : Can't be found, you need to download and install "Google/Pixel Sounds app" and set ringtone sound manually.
    - Brightness : Seems to be +- good.
    - Root : As default it doesn't work. But it can be enabled using one of Hamido's 3 methods. Not gonna add em, you can find them in hi6250 community group or XDA.
    - Alarm : OK. So don't worry you will be able to wake up in time LOL
    - Instagram : Everything is ok except you can't add Story from Gallery, so to fix this you need to install older Instagram version.
    - OneDrive : It's ok, except you can't download your files, documents using app. But there's an workaround, Thanks to Hamido. You can download your files using ADM Browser app.
    - Netflix : Latest versions doesn't let you play videos, I believe.. So to be able do that you need to download this version - "6_26_1_build_15_31696_31696". It will still give you sometimes error messages ,for example, when you try to play next episode but at least you will be able to watch something. :)

I think that this is it for now. Will update things, if I notice something new. Thanks for reading lol.