[ROM][prague][11] LineageOS 18.1 for Huawei P8 Lite 2017

Search This thread

tjw100

Feb 6, 2018
great work, thx. I used LineageOS with adoptable storage feature, but I don't find this in v17. Therefore one - maybe stupid - question:
is it possible to enable adoptable storage, e.g. via ADB?

1nsan1-T

Dec 13, 2020
Rooting Honor 6x with Lineageos 18.1
I recently installed @DarkJoker360 build of Lineageos android 11. Camera and flashlight became an issue after a short period, but that's an issue for later.
My current concern is the procedure for installing root, preferably with magisk. Trying to flash magisk v23 phh provided zip file leads to error 127; updater ended with error 127. I extracted the ramdisk.img and patched via the magisk 23 app but that caused bootloop, among other errors. What should I try next?

Kurt Krummbein

Jul 19, 2011
OnePlus X
OnePlus 3T
Rooting Honor 6x with Lineageos 18.1
I recently installed @DarkJoker360 build of Lineageos android 11. Camera and flashlight became an issue after a short period, but that's an issue for later.
My current concern is the procedure for installing root, preferably with magisk. Trying to flash magisk v23 phh provided zip file leads to error 127; updater ended with error 127. I extracted the ramdisk.img and patched via the magisk 23 app but that caused bootloop, among other errors. What should I try next?
Latest canary (Magisk 24303) might work. See: Release note 24303 and @pndwal note

:).

1nsan1-T

Dec 13, 2020
Latest canary (Magisk 24303) might work. See: Release note 24303 and @pndwal note

:).
I'd tried patching ramdisk and kernel images with the latest version 24.3 and ended up with a bootloop and error for ramdisk patching and no effect with kernel patching. I was thinking I've been patching the wrong partitions, or is there a specific step I've missed;
-Extracted kernel and radisk from the phone, not install image.
-patched ramdisk in magisk(first with v23 phh from @DarkJoker360 then with official magisk v24.3). Both times, boot error/bootloop
-patched kernel images after reflashing unpatched ramdisk. With both versions, no effect, no root.
-Reflashed original images and returned to system, no errors but no root:sleep:

AltairFR

Apr 22, 2021
Huawei P8lite/P8 Lite
Honor 9
I'd tried patching ramdisk and kernel images with the latest version 24.3 and ended up with a bootloop and error for ramdisk patching and no effect with kernel patching. I was thinking I've been patching the wrong partitions, or is there a specific step I've missed;
-Extracted kernel and radisk from the phone, not install image.
-patched ramdisk in magisk(first with v23 phh from @DarkJoker360 then with official magisk v24.3). Both times, boot error/bootloop
-patched kernel images after reflashing unpatched ramdisk. With both versions, no effect, no root.
-Reflashed original images and returned to system, no errors but no root:sleep:
If you want root your GSi, You can use a Lineage 18 with Dynamic root option

Apr 13, 2022
Hi All,

I tried install it on my Huawei P8 Kite 2017 but something was wrong. I followed all the Steps but, seems to work fine with the Lineage Logo but, when the configuration language and region appears, the screen blinked all the time so I couldn't configure it. After restart phone pressing power button same happened, and with some new retarts the emui recovery showed down.

I've tried two times and don't know what I'm doing wrong, or what is missed. I've read that perhaps I have to do the process without the Sdcard, because it's now the main storage, and could damage the process.

I'd be very greatful if some "guru" of this post could give me some tips or help me!

Thank you so much in advance!
Muchas Gracias de antemano.

AltairFR

Apr 22, 2021
Huawei P8lite/P8 Lite
Honor 9
Hi

Use this guide

The complete way to boot a11 on emui8 gsi (prague or warsaw)
Coming from stock emui8

Step 1
1- Install TWRP for Prague (PRA) - version 3.5 or superior (https://twrp.me/huawei/huaweip8lite2017.html)
2- Boot to twrp and make twrp backup ( all available partitions )
3- Wipe system, cache, dalvik/art cache
4- Flash this file 1-Huawei-disk-UnCrypt-v1.2-signed.zip to disable storage encryption or
this file 1-Huawei-disk-Crypt-v1.2-signed.zip to enable it. This two zip change fstab file (vendor partition)
5- Reboot to bootloader

Step 2
1- Flash system img in system image partition with fastboot
cmd : fastboot flash system <drag system.img here>
2- Reboot to TWRP (recovery)
3- Resize system via advanced wipe menu
4- Flash this file 2-Huawei-system-UnCrypt-v1.2-signed.zip to not-allow data encryption or
this file 2-Huawei-system-Crypt-v1.2-signed.zip to allow it
5- (optional) flash patch
1 - Google Apps pico (open_gapps-arm64-11.0-pico-20220215.zip)
2 - Enable AGPS (2 - AGPS-FIX-AltairVendor-v3.3-signed.zip)
5- Reboot to System
6- (optional) install GCamGo (GoogleCamera_2.12.413042791.apk)

Enjoy !!!

Apr 13, 2022
Hi

Use this guide

Coming from stock emui8

Step 1
1- Install TWRP for Prague (PRA) - version 3.5 or superior (https://twrp.me/huawei/huaweip8lite2017.html)
4- Flash this file 1-Huawei-disk-UnCrypt-v1.2-signed.zip to disable storage encryption or
this file 1-Huawei-disk-Crypt-v1.2-signed.zip to enable it. This two zip change fstab file (vendor partition)
5- Reboot to bootloader

Step 2
4- Flash this file 2-Huawei-system-UnCrypt-v1.2-signed.zip to not-allow data encryption or
5- Reboot to System

Enjoy !!!
Hi,

Thanks for your prompt reply, I'll try as soon as my two little boys give me a chance!!👍🏻

Regards!

Hi

Use this guide

Coming from stock emui8

Step 1
5- Reboot to bootloader

Step 2
5- Reboot to System

Enjoy !!!
Hey where can i find the huawei system uncrypt file, GCamGo file and the AGPS file?
or Can I use the decryption file that darkjoker provided in the OG Post of this thread?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi,

2okPze5.png

LineageOS 18.1 for Huawei P8 Lite 2017

*** Stable Version ***

About
    LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 11, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

Working
    * Touchscreen
    * Audio
    * Boot
    * Bluethoot
    * Internal/External storage
    * Mtp / Adb
    * Sensors
    * Wifi
    * RIL
    * Camera
    * NFC
    * FP gestures​

Not Working

NOTE: The signal icon is buggy due to Huawei weird ril implementation, I am still looking to fix it over the new Android 10-11 telephony changes.

Installation
    * you must have TWRP installed, use this one (make sure to have the unofficial Android 11 one ! )
    WARNING: You must be decrypted before installing it otherwise it won't boot. (Read second post.)
    * go to TWRP
    * format data
    * reboot to TWRP again
    * do a full wipe (system, data, cache, dalvik/art cache) !
    * reboot to bootloader
    * extract LineageOS 18.1
    * run: fastboot flash system <drag system.img here>
    * reboot to TWRP
    * resize system
    * flash gapps (optional)
    * flash NFC.zip
    NOTE: this zip is needed for having working NFC. DO NOT IGNORE IT !
    * reboot to System
    * Enjoy !!!​

Update
    * reboot to TWRP and do a wipe cache, dalvik/art cache
    * reboot to bootloader
    * extract LineageOS 18.1
    * run: fastboot flash system <drag system.img here>
    * reboot to TWRP
    * resize system
    * flash gapps (optional)
    * flash NFC.zip
    NOTE: this zip is needed for having working NFC. DO NOT IGNORE IT !
    * reboot to System
    * Enjoy !!!​

If you are getting Error 70 while flashing gapps just resize system from TWRP !
    If gapps are giving network errors or other kind of errors install them after first boot !

Download

Please support my work, it's very important! Thanks
    DONATIONS

Regards !
    New LineageOS 18.1 update

Changelog
    * Synced with latest LineageOS 18.1 source code
    * Merged June 2021 security patches
    * Fixed headphones crackling audio
    * Removed buggy AudioFX
    * Fixed random /data corruption
    * Fixed BasicIntegrity

Check OP for more info and downloads !

Donations
    Support Group
    New LineageOS 18.1 update

Changelog
    * Synced with latest LineageOS 18.1 source code
    * Merged July 2021 security patches
    * Fixed styles/overlays reset at boot
    * Fixed ui lags
    * Used proper gpu drivers
    * Fixed graphics artifacts and glitches on some apps
    * Fixed lags while using screenrecorder
    * Performance improvements
    * Fixed some BLE issues

Check OP for more info and downloads !

Donations
    Support Group
    NOTES
    * For rooting with magisk use this.
    * If you face corrupted storage issues you need to go back on emui and re-install the rom or fastboot erase userdata + twrp format data.
    * I recommend NikGapps core with SetupWizard add-on.
    * Use 8.0.0.360 or maximum .400 firmware for booting the rom.
    * Gapps can may give "Uncertified device" error and abort the google account login, use this guide to fix it (thanks to @latviandude )
    * If you want VoLTE/Wifi Calling working flash this zip

** You must be decrypted for booting this rom **
    Before following the installation steps format data and flash this file via TWRP.

Changelog from initial build
    Fixed offline charger for all devices
    * Fixed gapps uncertified error
    * Improved performance
    * Fixed animations janks and lags

Useful links
    My telegram channel
    HI6250 support group
    @DarkJoker360 hi

Here is a little feedback from the first tests (I am in EMUI version 8.0.0.390):
    - No problem for installing the ROM and Google Apps (NikGapps-basic-arm64-11-20201231)
    - Playstore: ok
    - Wifi: ok
    - Touchscreen : ok
    - Bluetooth: ok
    - Location: ko (google maps does not give the correct location)
    - Cast / Miracast: ko (smartphone reboot)
    - NFC: ok (service started but intermittent crash when reading an NFC card)
    - Camera lineage OS: ko (unable to take a photo)
    - Gcam Go : ok

I continue the tests ....
    - Lineage Camera : OK
    - Location : Google Maps, fails to detect correct location (some meters accuracy inside house but I'm sure it works, u just need to go outside and do some walking to get more accurate location)
    - Gallery : Ok.
    - Fingerprint : At first I couldn't add my FP, then I went to "Settings/System/Gestures" and enabled "Swipe fingerprint for notifications" and tested if I can scroll notifications with it, after that I disabled it and then I noticed that I could add FP. So in the end it WORKS.
    - Calling : If you are using NikGapps, u need to go to "Settings/Apps and Notifications/Default Apps" and set default Phone app/Dialer. Then you can make calls without problems.
    - NFC : I can enable it and disable but I can't use it for mobile contactless payments because my Banking app shows that I'm rooted, even I have no root enabled.
    - Performance, animations : Ok.
    - RIL/Network : As I have Latvia SIM Card and Dual Sim Variant - PRA-LX1, after first boot I notice - Network restart issue. To fix it you need to set PIN Lock from different device, if it doesn't help, you need to disable Dual sim with "persist.radio.multisim.config=none" and reboot ur device, usually it works, else u need to go to Settings and reset APN settings.
    - Battery : Ok.
    - Audio : OK.
    - Playstore/Gapps : OK
    - Bluetooth : Haven't tested yet.
    - Cast Screen : Haven't tested yet.
    - Touchscreen : OK.
    - Messaging : Seems to be OK.
    - Notification LED/Light : can't be tested, cuz it's dead for me. :(
    - Sounds for notifications/alarm : Can't be found, you need to download and install "Google/Pixel Sounds app" and set ringtone sound manually.
    - Brightness : Seems to be +- good.
    - Root : As default it doesn't work. But it can be enabled using one of Hamido's 3 methods. Not gonna add em, you can find them in hi6250 community group or XDA.
    - Alarm : OK. So don't worry you will be able to wake up in time LOL
    - Instagram : Everything is ok except you can't add Story from Gallery, so to fix this you need to install older Instagram version.
    - OneDrive : It's ok, except you can't download your files, documents using app. But there's an workaround, Thanks to Hamido. You can download your files using ADM Browser app.
    - Netflix : Latest versions doesn't let you play videos, I believe.. So to be able do that you need to download this version - "6_26_1_build_15_31696_31696". It will still give you sometimes error messages ,for example, when you try to play next episode but at least you will be able to watch something. :)

I think that this is it for now. Will update things, if I notice something new. Thanks for reading lol.