* Synced with latest LineageOS 18.1 source code
* Merged May 2022 security patches
* Fixed UI lags and janks
* Fixed lags during screen recording
* Fixed sim card signal icon strength
* Improved boot time

Check OP for more info and downloads.

May 26, 2022
Hello DarkJoker, thanks a lot for the update. After unlocking the bootloader with PotatoNV, reverting to an older stock rom, flashing your TWRP and Lineage ROM according to the guide, flashing your magisk (https://sourceforge.net/projects/darkjoker360-developements/files/Huawei/Generic/Magisk-phh-A11/) and your custom kernel (which supports Permissive SeLinux, https://sourceforge.net/projects/darkjoker360-developements/files/Huawei/P8 Lite 2017/Android-11/Kernel/ ), it works!

There's only one more request I have, as I cannot run frida due to this error: https://github.com/frida/frida/issues/1023 . Is it possible for you to provide a custom kernel with this flag CONFIG_HUAWEI_PTRACE_POKE_ON turned on? It is needed so that users can attach to and analyze applications. Thanks a lot, and keep up the good work!

Last edited:
May 26, 2022
Hello DarkJoker, thanks a lot for the update. After unlocking the bootloader with PotatoNV, reverting to an older stock rom, flashing your TWRP and Lineage ROM according to the guide, flashing your magisk (https://sourceforge.net/projects/darkjoker360-developements/files/Huawei/Generic/Magisk-phh-A11/) and your custom kernel (which supports Permissive SeLinux, https://sourceforge.net/projects/darkjoker360-developements/files/Huawei/P8 Lite 2017/Android-11/Kernel/ ), it works!

There's only one more request I have, as I cannot run frida due to this error: https://github.com/frida/frida/issues/1023 . Is it possible for you to provide a custom kernel with this flag CONFIG_HUAWEI_PTRACE_POKE_ON turned on? It is needed so that users can attach to and analyze applications. Thanks a lot, and keep up the good work!
To anyone interested: I compiled https://github.com/turex/siberia_hi6250_kernel , commit a0a3fbc104d27c5a76894c454ce9c8ff6bef7c42 with the parameters
CONFIG_SECURITY_SELINUX_DISABLE=y
CONFIG_HUAWEI_PTRACE_POKE_ON=y
The resulting kernel seems to work with frida.

Flash with `fastboot flash kernel <kernel image.img>` , at your own risk.

Attachments

• custom_Siberia_1.0_kernel_HUWAEI_PTRACE_POKE_ON_prague.img
    12.3 MB · Views: 46
Reactions: AltairFR

AltairFR

Apr 22, 2021
Huawei P8lite/P8 Lite
Honor 9
Apr 13, 2022
Hi,

On post # 238 recomended me the following. To say that still could not tryed it due to my two little boys, too much work and another plans from God that makes me so tiiired :(
---------------------------------------

Use this guide

The complete way to boot a11 on emui8 gsi (prague or warsaw)
Coming from stock emui8

Step 1
1- Install TWRP for Prague (PRA) - version 3.5 or superior (https://twrp.me/huawei/huaweip8lite2017.html)
2- Boot to twrp and make twrp backup ( all available partitions )
3- Wipe system, cache, dalvik/art cache
4- Flash this file 1-Huawei-disk-UnCrypt-v1.2-signed.zip to disable storage encryption or
this file 1-Huawei-disk-Crypt-v1.2-signed.zip to enable it. This two zip change fstab file (vendor partition)
5- Reboot to bootloader

Step 2
1- Flash system img in system image partition with fastboot
cmd : fastboot flash system <drag system.img here>
2- Reboot to TWRP (recovery)
3- Resize system via advanced wipe menu
4- Flash this file 2-Huawei-system-UnCrypt-v1.2-signed.zip to not-allow data encryption or
this file 2-Huawei-system-Crypt-v1.2-signed.zip to allow it
5- (optional) flash patch
1 - Google Apps pico (open_gapps-arm64-11.0-pico-20220215.zip)
2 - Enable AGPS (2 - AGPS-FIX-AltairVendor-v3.3-signed.zip)
5- Reboot to System
6- (optional) install GCamGo (GoogleCamera_2.12.413042791.apk)

Enjoy !!!

1nsan1-T

Dec 13, 2020
Network issue.
Had a 'successful' installation on the first try. I used the quotes because (as it mostly happens for this device with most GSIs I install) I cannot make or receive calls, texts, or run any ussd commands. What could be wrong/is there a possible solution for this recurring issue of mine.
Device: Honor 6x bln 22
Initial state: Stock emui 8.

Last edited:

mhmmdysf

Jul 8, 2022
Hello guys, I have an issue at flashing image process. When it start flashing image I get "remote:sparse flash writing failure". What should I do to fix it ?

vegetagaru

Dec 8, 2016
hello everyone, dunno if this happened to anyone, i tried to install the rom but it keeps me booting into erecovery already used the "Huawei-Decrypt-Emui_8.zip" file, as well as resizing after flashing rom, the kernel i have instaled is the "Siberia_4.4.302-1.1" and TWRP this one my firmware is the PRA-LX1 8.0.0.363(C33)

anyone had similiar problems ?

Marko787

I have a question. I'm completely new to flashing custom roms. I did some research and it turns out huawei phones are like the worst possible devices for flashing custom roms. I just can't figure out how to unlock the bootloader. How did yall do it?

Reactions: AltairFR
Apr 13, 2022
It is the guide for LeaOS so goto LeaOS thread to keep Huawei crypt/uncrypt zip file
Hi again,

I made another try but neither didn´t work! :(

First of all I missed to say that I had to try with a LOS 17.1 Android 10 room, because with the one from the Link I received the message "the size is bigger....", so I couldn´t flash it. The size I can flash is about 2.11 Gb, and the room from the Link ca. 2.5 Gb. I´ll be greatfull for an idea to this ISSUE / problem.

From another hand I read another posts and tried everything flashing other files before or after the room: Fstab, Decrypt, PRA-FixPreav, but always without succes... :( , with the LOS logo looping all the time until to EMUI´s recovery shows up, and sadly had to spend another extra hour ( at 2:00 pm) to undo and reinstall everything as before it was....

I don´t know what more to do, perhaps I´ll search for another LOS 17.1 room with extra files, and will make another try when my childrens and work will let me do it....

I can´t believe that doesn´t work, some time ago flash another phones was easier than now, and It´s becoming an a personal matter to resolve!!

I´ll be happy again if you could please give me some tips about why it´s looping or failing. In case of it will be helpfull, my phone is an "Huawei P8 Lite 2017 PRA-LX1, compilación C-109, EMUI 8.0.0 and CPU Kirin 655 an RAM 3 Gb.

Thank you so much again!!

Best Regards

AltairFR

Apr 22, 2021
Huawei P8lite/P8 Lite
Honor 9
Hello .

You have a c109 phone, so I think it's a Spanish (orange) phone. It should be transformed into the European version, C432 because this will allow you to install version 8.0.0.402 which has a system partition of 3Go.

To switch to C432 you just have to flash an oeminfo c432 file under twrp, and then you go to androidhost.ru and download the 8.0.0.402 update for pra-lx1

Reactions: victorcastillab
Apr 13, 2022
Hello .

You have a c109 phone, so I think it's a Spanish (orange) phone. It should be transformed into the European version, C432 because this will allow you to install version 8.0.0.402 which has a system partition of 3Go.

To switch to C432 you just have to flash an oeminfo c432 file under twrp, and then you go to androidhost.ru and download the 8.0.0.402 update for pra-lx1
Hi Altair,

Million Thanks again, I downloaded files but not sure if were the right ones. Despite of and after some tries, at fourth one (there was 4 zip files into downloaded main zip) it worked but I think into the 393 version (see attached images)

I need to recover myself from this sucessful update, cause due to two little boys and overbook, I have to do this phone-work at late-nights, and it took many hours...

But I'm confident It will work under the 393 version, I'll let you know as soon as I will get it! :)

MUCHAS GRACIAS - THANK you so MUCH again for your help, all users really apreciate it!

Best Regards,
Un saludo

Attachments

• IMG_20221002_011132.jpg
    IMG_20221002_011132.jpg
    73 KB · Views: 47
  • IMG_20221002_011109.jpg
    IMG_20221002_011109.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 45

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi,

2okPze5.png

LineageOS 18.1 for Huawei P8 Lite 2017

*** Stable Version ***

About
    LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 11, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

Working
    * Touchscreen
    * Audio
    * Boot
    * Bluethoot
    * Internal/External storage
    * Mtp / Adb
    * Sensors
    * Wifi
    * RIL
    * Camera
    * NFC
    * FP gestures​

Not Working

NOTE: The signal icon is buggy due to Huawei weird ril implementation, I am still looking to fix it over the new Android 10-11 telephony changes.

Installation
    * you must have TWRP installed, use this one (make sure to have the unofficial Android 11 one ! )
    WARNING: You must be decrypted before installing it otherwise it won't boot. (Read second post.)
    * go to TWRP
    * format data
    * reboot to TWRP again
    * do a full wipe (system, data, cache, dalvik/art cache) !
    * reboot to bootloader
    * extract LineageOS 18.1
    * run: fastboot flash system <drag system.img here>
    * reboot to TWRP
    * resize system
    * flash gapps (optional)
    * flash NFC.zip
    NOTE: this zip is needed for having working NFC. DO NOT IGNORE IT !
    * reboot to System
    * Enjoy !!!​

Update
    * reboot to TWRP and do a wipe cache, dalvik/art cache
    * reboot to bootloader
    * extract LineageOS 18.1
    * run: fastboot flash system <drag system.img here>
    * reboot to TWRP
    * resize system
    * flash gapps (optional)
    * flash NFC.zip
    NOTE: this zip is needed for having working NFC. DO NOT IGNORE IT !
    * reboot to System
    * Enjoy !!!​

If you are getting Error 70 while flashing gapps just resize system from TWRP !
    If gapps are giving network errors or other kind of errors install them after first boot !

Download

Please support my work, it's very important! Thanks
    DONATIONS

Regards !
    New LineageOS 18.1 update

Changelog
    * Merged June 2021 security patches
    * Fixed headphones crackling audio
    * Removed buggy AudioFX
    * Fixed random /data corruption
    * Fixed BasicIntegrity

Check OP for more info and downloads !

Donations
    Support Group
    New LineageOS 18.1 update

Changelog
    * Merged July 2021 security patches
    * Fixed styles/overlays reset at boot
    * Fixed ui lags
    * Used proper gpu drivers
    * Fixed graphics artifacts and glitches on some apps
    * Fixed lags while using screenrecorder
    * Performance improvements
    * Fixed some BLE issues

Check OP for more info and downloads !

Donations
    Support Group
    NOTES
    * For rooting with magisk use this.
    * If you face corrupted storage issues you need to go back on emui and re-install the rom or fastboot erase userdata + twrp format data.
    * I recommend NikGapps core with SetupWizard add-on.
    * Use 8.0.0.360 or maximum .400 firmware for booting the rom.
    * Gapps can may give "Uncertified device" error and abort the google account login, use this guide to fix it (thanks to @latviandude )
    * If you want VoLTE/Wifi Calling working flash this zip

** You must be decrypted for booting this rom **
    Before following the installation steps format data and flash this file via TWRP.

Changelog from initial build
    Fixed offline charger for all devices
    * Fixed gapps uncertified error
    * Improved performance
    * Fixed animations janks and lags

Useful links
    My telegram channel
    HI6250 support group
    @DarkJoker360 hi

Here is a little feedback from the first tests (I am in EMUI version 8.0.0.390):
    - No problem for installing the ROM and Google Apps (NikGapps-basic-arm64-11-20201231)
    - Playstore: ok
    - Wifi: ok
    - Touchscreen : ok
    - Bluetooth: ok
    - Location: ko (google maps does not give the correct location)
    - Cast / Miracast: ko (smartphone reboot)
    - NFC: ok (service started but intermittent crash when reading an NFC card)
    - Camera lineage OS: ko (unable to take a photo)
    - Gcam Go : ok

I continue the tests ....
    - Lineage Camera : OK
    - Location : Google Maps, fails to detect correct location (some meters accuracy inside house but I'm sure it works, u just need to go outside and do some walking to get more accurate location)
    - Gallery : Ok.
    - Fingerprint : At first I couldn't add my FP, then I went to "Settings/System/Gestures" and enabled "Swipe fingerprint for notifications" and tested if I can scroll notifications with it, after that I disabled it and then I noticed that I could add FP. So in the end it WORKS.
    - Calling : If you are using NikGapps, u need to go to "Settings/Apps and Notifications/Default Apps" and set default Phone app/Dialer. Then you can make calls without problems.
    - NFC : I can enable it and disable but I can't use it for mobile contactless payments because my Banking app shows that I'm rooted, even I have no root enabled.
    - Performance, animations : Ok.
    - RIL/Network : As I have Latvia SIM Card and Dual Sim Variant - PRA-LX1, after first boot I notice - Network restart issue. To fix it you need to set PIN Lock from different device, if it doesn't help, you need to disable Dual sim with "persist.radio.multisim.config=none" and reboot ur device, usually it works, else u need to go to Settings and reset APN settings.
    - Battery : Ok.
    - Audio : OK.
    - Playstore/Gapps : OK
    - Bluetooth : Haven't tested yet.
    - Cast Screen : Haven't tested yet.
    - Touchscreen : OK.
    - Messaging : Seems to be OK.
    - Notification LED/Light : can't be tested, cuz it's dead for me. :(
    - Sounds for notifications/alarm : Can't be found, you need to download and install "Google/Pixel Sounds app" and set ringtone sound manually.
    - Brightness : Seems to be +- good.
    - Root : As default it doesn't work. But it can be enabled using one of Hamido's 3 methods. Not gonna add em, you can find them in hi6250 community group or XDA.
    - Alarm : OK. So don't worry you will be able to wake up in time LOL
    - Instagram : Everything is ok except you can't add Story from Gallery, so to fix this you need to install older Instagram version.
    - OneDrive : It's ok, except you can't download your files, documents using app. But there's an workaround, Thanks to Hamido. You can download your files using ADM Browser app.
    - Netflix : Latest versions doesn't let you play videos, I believe.. So to be able do that you need to download this version - "6_26_1_build_15_31696_31696". It will still give you sometimes error messages ,for example, when you try to play next episode but at least you will be able to watch something. :)

I think that this is it for now. Will update things, if I notice something new. Thanks for reading lol.