[ROM][PRO] Unofficial MIUI v4 2.6.8 RC0

Search This thread

28spawn

Jul 10, 2008
Dear Pro users,

This is the Unofficial port of MIUI V4 2.6.8 for Xperia Arc to Xperia Pro (mk16), its based on the latest release of sony ICS with all functionalities.

Main Features:

- New MIUI music player 2
- MIUI online ringtones and wallpapers
- Stock SEMC cameras (normal and 3d panorama)
- MIUI themes

Screenshots:

screenshot2012060816301.png
screenshot2012060816292.png

screenshot2012060816295.png
screenshot2012060817013.png

screenshot2012060817021.png
screenshot2012060819244.png

screenshot2012060819245.png
screenshot2012060819251.png

screenshot2012060819254.png
screenshot2012060819255.png

Specs:

MIUI 2.6.8
Optimized for Xperia phones

What you need:

Mk16 phone with official ICS/kernel and bootloader unlocked (until we be able to have CWM recovery without custom kernel)
MIUI ROM (that you will find in this thread)

Installation:

Download the ROM
Copy it to sdcard
Get into CWM recovery using the recovery pro http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1302037&page=5
Make a factory reset/cache and clean dalvik cache
Flash the ROM through CWM
Restart
Wait for ROM settle, fix permissions through ROM Manager (included in the ROM)
Reboot and be happy

Bugs:

-

Download RC0b1 (NEW):

http://www.mediafire.com/?et4rovccguucasw

Download RC0(old):

http://www.mediafire.com/?isf72cr22f0escl

Hope you enjoy your new experience!

Like always I am not responsible to any damage caused on your device, at the moment you unlocked your device you knew the risks.

Credits to:

Xiaomi and the people helping me to test the rom!

Last edited:

Akash Singh

Jun 7, 2012
What are the bugs..? Is camera working..?

Edit : Also this is ICS or GB.. can i have some screenshots..?

Which kernel to use..?

Last edited:

28spawn

Jul 10, 2008
What are the bugs..? Is camera working..?

Edit : Also this is ICS or GB.. can i have some screenshots..?

Which kernel to use..?

Hi!

Now there is no bug as far I found.

Camera working, wifi working, everything smooth on RC0.

The MIUI V4 is based on the ICS 4.0.4

You can use the Riyal kernels + flashing correct modules, or stock mk16 ICS kernel.

Dexxmor

May 20, 2011
near munich
Can you rename the mk16a in mk16i in the update script? It fails to install, i must go to the build.prop to change the mk16i to mk16a

28spawn

Jul 10, 2008
Hi!

Thanks! I think that I will remove this check point, because mk16a users will have problem if I change to mk16I

Anyway I will put an advise on begining.

Do you tried the rom??

Dexxmor

May 20, 2011
near munich
Yeah, i'm on MIUI, thanks for the ROM :D. Bugs i found: TB cannot installs from Play Store or an APK, it says > Not enough storage. The clock will not show the correct Time ( musst manualy configure) the google client has one crashes.

I use the Ryal Kernel. Positive: smooth and looks good :D i will stay on this ROM.

28spawn

Jul 10, 2008
Yeah, i'm on MIUI, thanks for the ROM :D. Bugs i found: TB cannot installs from Play Store or an APK, it says > Not enough storage. The clock will not show the correct Time ( musst manualy configure) the google client has one crashes.

I use the Ryal Kernel. Positive: smooth and looks good :D i will stay on this ROM.

Hi!

Thanks for the comments.

Some questions TB is talkback? Because I installed normally over here, I will make some changes in the rom ( also the issue related to 'a' and 'i' versions) and I will check

The clock time I remember that I had this problem but some time after this was gone the clock auto-synced ..

When you say google client, what app you mean, I know that marked takes a little time to setup on first time and browser when make login at google also.

The Riyal kernel that you are using, dont have the USB problem (crash)??

ByE!

Dexxmor

May 20, 2011
near munich
TB means Titanium Backup :)

Google client= unable to acces to my gmail acc (no hacker, i checked this :D ) but only one time this happens.

Ryal Kernel, yeah the Kernel has the bug by connecting to my PC, random freezes and reboots.

28spawn

Jul 10, 2008
TB means Titanium Backup :)

Google client= unable to acces to my gmail acc (no hacker, i checked this :D ) but only one time this happens.

Ryal Kernel, yeah the Kernel has the bug by connecting to my PC, random freezes and reboots.

Okay,

Titanium backup installed but is not working properly (su is not available for him?), do you had cleared you cache-data?

my google client worked normally, maybe I already started it once

Dexxmor

May 20, 2011
near munich
I cleared all :) nothing changed. But i have backups of the most important apps on my SD so, i pusht manualy the TB app to /data/app and rw-r-r reboot, that works :D

28spawn

Jul 10, 2008
I cleared all :) nothing changed. But i have backups of the most important apps on my SD so, i pusht manualy the TB app to /data/app and rw-r-r reboot, that works :D

I know what is the problem, is the su binaries, is not working from the rom, maybe yours are working because of kernel, but internally is not ok, I will look more to see what to do.

Also I tweaked a little, now its FAST, really fast, reduced the loading time of a lot of apps.

When I fix the SU problem I upload the new version

Bye

xome

Sep 15, 2009
Thanks for the tip, I will check this, root fixed, now titanium backup and other apps are working properly.

I will sign the rom file and start to upload.

Thank for this ROM and your work. But, how flash is working on this ROM? I ask, because in Сyanogenmod 9 there are big problem with it, it's just not working.

Upd. Thank you one more time for quick response, but may be you need to sleep? :) It seems that you was online all night long. We need you for further updates, so take care about yourself :)

Last edited:

28spawn

Jul 10, 2008
Thank for this ROM and your work. But, how flash is working on this ROM? I ask, because in Сyanogenmod 9 there are big problem with it, it's just not working.

Hi,

Flash is the flashlight? for pictures and movies? it will work like stock "normally", the camera is stock, also it has the 3d panorama camera.

Top Liked Posts