[ROM/Progress]Android 4.0 IceCream Sandwich | Desire port progress | live updates :)

Search This thread

andreigherghe

Inactive Recognized Developer
Dec 25, 2010
Fetești
I just wanted to say that right now i'm trying to port ICS to the Desire.

CHECK OUT LIVE STATUS + TALK WITH ME ON IRC :) : http://webchat.freenode.net/ Channel: ics_desire_port

12:00
Some problems with SH

12:17
SH Fixed! Now fixing init.d

12:20
Trying to boot with init.d fixed

12:22
init.d Worked! :D
"E/ICU ( 112): Couldn't open '/system/usr/icu/icudt46l.dat': No such file or directory"
I have an ideea...

12:25
Ideea deployed. Re-building ROM

12:27
Flashing

12:28
Flashed. Booting now w/ adb logcat

12:30
Argh... E/ICU ( 183): Couldn't initialize ICU (u_init): U_FILE_ACCESS_ERROR (/system/usr/icu/icudt46l.dat)
Gonna try some things.

12:38
Replaced Desire's ICU with ICS's ICU. Building now

12:42
Trying to boot

12:45
Yey! ICU Error fixed! :)
Now: E/JNIHelp ( 129): Native registration unable to find class 'android/debug/JNITest', aborting
Let's see...

12:55
Changed some file permisions. Flashing now.

12:59
*GASP*Rebooting...

1:02
Same odex problems...

1:08
Gonna try the 2.3.5 Framework files

1:10
Building

1:14
Flashing

1:17
Other problems. Looks like it's a bit better tho

1:36 Trying to fix the framework files...

2:10
Fail... Trying another method

Last edited:

williamj1

Oct 30, 2010
Kudos to the developer. Nice to see the Desire isn't being left behind ;)

Just out of interest, as I'm assuming this is being build from the SDK, what kind of stability are we expecting here? I've never used an SDK based ROM, only those compiled from the official source code like CM7.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I just wanted to say that right now i'm trying to port ICS to the Desire.

CHECK OUT LIVE STATUS + TALK WITH ME ON IRC :) : http://webchat.freenode.net/ Channel: ics_desire_port

12:00
    Some problems with SH

12:17
    SH Fixed! Now fixing init.d

12:20
    Trying to boot with init.d fixed

12:22
    init.d Worked! :D
    "E/ICU ( 112): Couldn't open '/system/usr/icu/icudt46l.dat': No such file or directory"
    I have an ideea...

12:25
    Ideea deployed. Re-building ROM

12:27
    Flashing

12:28
    Flashed. Booting now w/ adb logcat

12:30
    Argh... E/ICU ( 183): Couldn't initialize ICU (u_init): U_FILE_ACCESS_ERROR (/system/usr/icu/icudt46l.dat)
    Gonna try some things.

12:38
    Replaced Desire's ICU with ICS's ICU. Building now

12:42
    Trying to boot

12:45
    Yey! ICU Error fixed! :)
    Now: E/JNIHelp ( 129): Native registration unable to find class 'android/debug/JNITest', aborting
    Let's see...

12:55
    Changed some file permisions. Flashing now.

12:59
    *GASP*Rebooting...

1:02
    Same odex problems...

1:08
    Gonna try the 2.3.5 Framework files

1:10
    Building

1:14
    Flashing

1:17
    Other problems. Looks like it's a bit better tho

1:36 Trying to fix the framework files...

2:10
    Fail... Trying another method
    ====> NO PORT CAN MADE FOR NOW !!!! THIS THREAD IS A FAKE !!!

Sorry, but i have to say you...Where do you live? on the moon?

Of course the source is not out, and probably will be out after the Galaxy Nexus come out.

About the sdk, in the specific the emulator works with a sort of system (dump) image of android 4.0..

SO the idea of this thread (like this has always been made for froyo, gingerbread and honeycomb before the source code is released) is to port (cook) the dump image of the sdk to work on our desire..thats it...its like to cook a rom, but instead of use an RUU or a system dump of a phone, it use the sdk system image

of course it will be bugged and maybe will miss some feature but its just to play with it on the phone..so i dont see what ur problem about saying "this thread is a fake"...learn before talk! ;)

maybe this port doesn't worth the result, but if the dev have spare time and he like to experiment with this, i dont see the problem
    Okay guys, development resumes NOW! And @trolls, honeycomb HAS been ported JUST using SDK! Not perfect, but at least we can play with it :)
    its an other sdk dump anyway...still there is no galaxy nexus dump (even if it claimed every where hehe)

bro just ignore the troll yorzua he's mad that no one wants to buy his ****ty themes....

Sent from my HTC Desire using xda premium
    maybe this port doesn't worth the result, but if the dev have spare time and he like to experiment with this, i dont see the problem
    Totally agree. Sometimes it's just good enough to say "I made it!", or "my port is the first one!". No one here is expecting the ultimate ICS ROM from this attempt, I hope. We are only curious to actually see ICS working on our Desire, that's all ;)