[ROM][PROJECT]CM10 for VivoW V0.3

Search This thread

kevdliu

Inactive Recognized Developer
Apr 4, 2011
Last Update:

Hey everyone,

The hardware condition of my phone has been degenerating at a pretty fast pace. Today it's finally relieved of active duty. So I guess this marks the end of the vivow division of team N7.

However sources will remain open on github and so if any devs want to be added to the members list feel free to pm me.

Thank you guys so much for your support and good luck to aeroevan, team evolution and everyone else for the future development of this wonderful phone.

My time here is up
Over and out

SOURCE

Team
gandex_ru_26_7810_mass_effect_n7.jpg

Presents:

cm10.jpg

CyanogenMod 10 for HTC VivoW

Rom Downloads:

ROM V0.3
Aeroevan's 10.5 kernel not required but strongly recommended
JB Gapps

More info and changelog on second post.

Credits:
- Aeroevan
- Andromadus
-Firetop
-elicik

Source: Source is HERE

Last edited:

kevdliu

Apr 4, 2011
Changelog:

v0.3:
1) Fix camera and flash
2) Fix MMS
3) Fix bootloops and stuck on "Starting Apps" issue
4) Aeroevan's kernel no longer required

v0.2:
1) CM statusbar and lockscreen mods functional (Powerwidget, BatteryMods, Lockscreen Weather etc.)
2) Improved capacitive buttons backlights
3) New OTA app

v0.1: Initial Release

Working:
- Wifi
- Phone & Data
- GPS
- BT
- Audio
- USB Mount
- Sensors
- Camera
- MSM

Not Working:
- Camcorder
- FFC

Last edited:

Firetop

Feb 17, 2011
Ottawa
Team

Presents:
cm10.jpg

CyanogenMod 10 for Galaxy Nexus​

No ROM yet. But since I made it public that i will no longer be working with Team N7 on the Incredible 2. I will keep working for the Team on Gnexus ROMs. Stay toned!
P.S I do appologize for my lack of help to Incredible 2 ROM. I Helped for as long as i could. Now time to move on to new devices. Everyone in this thread is awesome!

Credits:
- Aeroevan
- kevdliu
- Andromadus
-Firetop
-elicik​

Last edited:

Note2Frat

Mar 16, 2010
Desire S and Desire HD now has working audio. It has to do with the name of the driver from what I read.

Sent from my Incredible 2 using Tapatalk 2

ph1nn

May 5, 2011
NYC

I wonder if going from ICS to JB will prove as problematic for the Dinc2 as going from GB to ICS. It would seem that it shouldn't be as difficult, but I"m wondering if something like Project Butter will require all new drivers again. Here it is like 8 months after ICS release and still has a massive amount of issues on our device (so much so CM team won't do nightlies yet).

Note2Frat

Mar 16, 2010
I wonder if going from ICS to JB will prove as problematic for the Dinc2 as going from GB to ICS. It would seem that it shouldn't be as difficult, but I"m wondering if something like Project Butter will require all new drivers again. Here it is like 8 months after ICS release and still has a massive amount of issues on our device (so much so CM team won't do nightlies yet).

Yeah I was checking the Inc forum since I had one and there jb is further along then ours. Ouch :( we will get there :D

litetaker

Dec 2, 2011
London
Google Pixel 2
Yeah I was checking the Inc forum since I had one and there jb is further along then ours. Ouch :( we will get there :D

Not to worry chaps. Our top men are on the case.

At first I thought, where is the ROM... Then I realized I misread and it is only the source! @[email protected] Ooooh... It is times like this, I wish I knew more about coding for Android. I have NO idea what to do after I download source code of any android OS. Are there any tutorials to tell you how to start messing with the code (properly, and not just randomly)?

nitsua98

Jul 6, 2012
Dallas, Texas
Not to worry chaps. Our top men are on the case.

At first I thought, where is the ROM... Then I realized I misread and it is only the source! @[email protected] Ooooh... It is times like this, I wish I knew more about coding for Android. I have NO idea what to do after I download source code of any android OS. Are there any tutorials to tell you how to start messing with the code (properly, and not just randomly)?

+1 for a tutorial :D

Reactions: Jayydude_SGP

nukified

Jul 8, 2012
Central NY
Unfortunately a tutorial wouldn't do much good considering you'll want to know, at least, Java, C++, Python, bash, and a fair amount of linux to really grasp what is happening in the code. Maybe a place to begin is learning and understanding each of what I've listed.

nitsuj17

Aug 24, 2010
PA
Unfortunately a tutorial wouldn't do much good considering you'll want to know, at least, Java, C++, Python, bash, and a fair amount of linux to really grasp what is happening in the code. Maybe a place to begin is learning and understanding each of what I've listed.

by in large yes, although many *well known* aosp *devs* are really just guys who scour github for fixes on similar devices or by others for the same device

so if thats the end goal (and for many im sure it is), just learning how to set a build environment and a few basic terminal commands will get ya going

nukified

Jul 8, 2012
Central NY
Good point. I couldn't imagine taking on a task of attempting to rebuild something without knowing the language, but I've been coding half of my life now and met a lot of the repercussions of doing so. I'm not great at writing guides but if someone was to begin one, I wouldn't mind throwing in my input where it could help.

litetaker

Dec 2, 2011
London
Google Pixel 2

by in large yes, although many *well known* aosp *devs* are really just guys who scour github for fixes on similar devices or by others for the same device

so if thats the end goal (and for many im sure it is), just learning how to set a build environment and a few basic terminal commands will get ya going

Well, I do have some knowledge on Java, a lot less on C++. Obviously, I knew that there are prerequisites to this; I don't expect to open a book and become an instant Android dev sensation! :D But, even with my (admittedly simple) knowledge of Java and C++, I have NO clue how to get things going. So, this is what I meant with the tutorial. It is very daunting to work on a project that has such a HUGE source code... I've been working on programs with a maximum number of files in 10s... Sooo.. I'd like to know what helped kick your android programming in the right direction and, hopefully, start my own way into this world! I wanna be a contributor, man! Not just a leech!!! :D :eek:

Firetop

Feb 17, 2011
Ottawa
Well, I do have some knowledge on Java, a lot less on C++. Obviously, I knew that there are prerequisites to this; I don't expect to open a book and become an instant Android dev sensation! :D But, even with my (admittedly simple) knowledge of Java and C++, I have NO clue how to get things going. So, this is what I meant with the tutorial. It is very daunting to work on a project that has such a HUGE source code... I've been working on programs with a maximum number of files in 10s... Sooo.. I'd like to know what helped kick your android programming in the right direction and, hopefully, start my own way into this world! I wanna be a contributor, man! Not just a leech!!! :D :eek:

You can start with this:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1762641

Just replace where it says:

6) Initialize the repo:
Code:
$ mkdir WORKING_DIRECTORY
$ cd WORKING_DIRECTORY
$ repo init -u https://android.googlesource.com/platform/manifest -b android-4.1.1_r1

Replace "repo init -u https://android.googlesource.com/platform/manifest -b android-4.1.1_r1" With our repo. Use "repo init -u git://github.com/VivowJB/android.git -b jellybean"

Then you can start to sync and compiling from what we have :)

---------- Post added at 02:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:47 PM ----------

Also that is basically exactly what i do. I would never consider myself a real developer. I'm just very good at merging things. I look at github repos to find anything i can that might help me fix what im looking for.

An exmaple of that is im looking for things like this: https://github.com/fat-tire/android_device_bn_encore/commit/3d7dd5c8f124668b754821d0361fab1694e5dfda

or things like kevin found. They give me a baseline of what needs to be done to fix it. I also contact known developers that have a fix for it (No matter what device they are on) Because i may not know C++ but i just need to know the break down of what was done. I know Java. And i know how to set a build environment and know the terminal commands for linux. (Ubuntu and CentOs).

I contacted devs like fattire which has a ROM with working audio. And i get them to give me the details on what was done. I look at their github and use that as much as possible. Then i learn that fattire is using only the legacy sound stuff. No audio_policy.conf. And a qualcomm device will be different. So i contact jcsullins for info on audio on the HP Touchpad (Which is a qualcomm device).

Once i have enough details and info i start my own patchs and fixes. I merge some stuff with what they have, and the info they gave me (the devs and githubs) to make something working for our phones.

and anyone can start do that. And we hope you DO start to do it because anyone keeping knowledge to themselves is no help and well.. just a waste. This is a community thing and we hope to get it working as fast as possible.

Which reminds me. Kevin. You know i was talking about a possible fix for audio last night? Seems like ill be testing a few builds tonight with some fixes ive done. Ill let you know on Gtalk.

Last edited:

jameshmiller

Feb 25, 2011
Lexington, SC
+1 fattire

He has done a great job getting the community to step it up on the Nook Color. When ICS/CM9 came out, instead of posting ROMs he put up a how to build thread, it was/is amazing how many people started to build there on.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Last Update:

Hey everyone,

The hardware condition of my phone has been degenerating at a pretty fast pace. Today it's finally relieved of active duty. So I guess this marks the end of the vivow division of team N7.

However sources will remain open on github and so if any devs want to be added to the members list feel free to pm me.

Thank you guys so much for your support and good luck to aeroevan, team evolution and everyone else for the future development of this wonderful phone.

My time here is up
    Over and out

SOURCE

Team

Presents:

cm10.jpg

CyanogenMod 10 for HTC VivoW

Rom Downloads:

ROM V0.3
    Aeroevan's 10.5 kernel not required but strongly recommended
    JB Gapps

More info and changelog on second post.

Credits:
    - Aeroevan
    - Andromadus
    -Firetop
    -elicik

Source: Source is HERE

Since I've been busy, I uploaded the touched up camera patches and uploaded them to the cyanogenmod gerrit: http://review.cyanogenmod.com/#/c/19965/ and http://review.cyanogenmod.com/#/c/19964/ so it should be easy enough to get a working camera (if the builds don't have one already).
    Camera missing was a bummer but it runs smooth. Nice work! Which gapps are the correct ones to use?

Sent from my Incredible 2 using xda app-developers app

I have a build with working camera, but I'm working out a few more kinks before I upload it anywhere.

Sent from my Incredible 2 using xda app-developers app
    It looks like I will do a build overnight and post it in the morning. If you can tell from my sent by I've been a little distracted :)

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda app-developers app
    I'm reporting major success on operation VivowJB.

Made a stupid mistake and had to start over but here we are:

Working:
    Audio everywhere
    Media playback tested with gallery videos and Google music
    Superuser and root
    backlights (semi working will fix tomorrow) and rotation
    WiFi
    data
    Phone
    Everything not in Not working or Not tested

Not working:
    Camera