• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Question ROM PROJECT INCOMING - need a tester or two :) - please note obvious caveat: still no camera on root!

Search This thread

exocetdj

Dec 2, 2011
Jah's making me crazy
Morning all!!

I have spent the last few days bringing over my Rom Project from N20U (which started on N10 and then spread to Tab s6) and have a Beta ready for release to a few testers that, like me - can go a while without a camera for the sake of root lol (i appreciate this is an extremely niche group right now - hopefully we see a fix ASAP)

Its a relatively simple but reasonably feature rich project based on my own personal setup and all features are working apart from (of course), Camera, CTS fix and custom wallpapers - otherwise its 100% functional.

The Rom comes in a few parts and can be considered a hybrid of both TWRP and Magisk in terms of what we flash it on. Below is an extremely high level overview (please see my N20U thread here to get a full feature list)

1 - the Master module is flashed and Rom feature choices are made here - a Firmware base convertor zip to flash in TWRP is then created and sent to /internal storage/420rom folder
2 - in twrp the Firmware Base Convertor debloats a tonne of useless carrier crap and works a few other under the hood bits - this in turn sends the Rom Module zip to the same folder above (replacing itself in the process with this third zip to flash)
3 - The rom module is then flashed in magisk and actions all the choices made in the first flash - after a reboot you have all the rom features!

Please DM me if you would like to test a bit later - I will then get everything needed to flash together for you to test a bit later.

exocetdj

Dec 2, 2011
Jah's making me crazy
Iv been busy getting a few things sorted this week so apologies for the delay

We now have a TWRP and are able to root (should you feel able to do without the camera for a bit like myself)

I will be posting my Rom thread and also a detailed guide in rooting our Fold devices this evening so we can get things kicked off :)

We now have a TWRP and are able to root (should you feel able to do without the camera for a bit like myself)

I will be posting my Rom thread and also a detailed guide in rooting our Fold devices this evening so we can get things kicked off :)
For the sake of figuring out the camera situation, I have a question. Is your rom based on our stock rom?
And same kernel or modified kernel?
Having something to compare stock firmware to for the sake of learning kernels would be substantial to help

exocetdj

Dec 2, 2011
Jah's making me crazy
For the sake of figuring out the camera situation, I have a question. Is your rom based on our stock rom?
Having something to compare stock firmware to for the sake of learning kernels would be substantial to help
Its not your standard TWRP flashable Rom zip as such and we just use the stock kernel at the moment - this will be until my teammate can make one for us :)

the AP file ill provide contains TWRP and the FSTAB fix to disable encryption but only the stock boot.img for now

all features on my magisk rom are working apart from custom wallpapers thankfully so good enough for beta release

Edit, oh and camera lol

Last edited:
Reactions: Acoustichayes

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Its not your standard TWRP flashable Rom zip as such and we just use the stock kernel at the moment - this will be until my teammate can make one for us :)

the AP file ill provide contains TWRP and the FSTAB fix to disable encryption but only the stock boot.img for now

all features on my magisk rom are working apart from custom wallpapers thankfully so good enough for beta release

Edit, oh and camera lol
    Morning all!!

I have spent the last few days bringing over my Rom Project from N20U (which started on N10 and then spread to Tab s6) and have a Beta ready for release to a few testers that, like me - can go a while without a camera for the sake of root lol (i appreciate this is an extremely niche group right now - hopefully we see a fix ASAP)

Its a relatively simple but reasonably feature rich project based on my own personal setup and all features are working apart from (of course), Camera, CTS fix and custom wallpapers - otherwise its 100% functional.

The Rom comes in a few parts and can be considered a hybrid of both TWRP and Magisk in terms of what we flash it on. Below is an extremely high level overview (please see my N20U thread here to get a full feature list)

1 - the Master module is flashed and Rom feature choices are made here - a Firmware base convertor zip to flash in TWRP is then created and sent to /internal storage/420rom folder
    2 - in twrp the Firmware Base Convertor debloats a tonne of useless carrier crap and works a few other under the hood bits - this in turn sends the Rom Module zip to the same folder above (replacing itself in the process with this third zip to flash)
    3 - The rom module is then flashed in magisk and actions all the choices made in the first flash - after a reboot you have all the rom features!

Please DM me if you would like to test a bit later - I will then get everything needed to flash together for you to test a bit later.
    If windows 11 devs have sorted the annoying sleep bug in build 22458 then ill upload some bits today

Edit, oh and camera lol