[ROM][PX5][HD] Malaysk ROMs for any yet known MTCD-Device

Search This thread

panteryx_26

Apr 24, 2008
mtce-utils can do several different things.

Usually you want to capture the keycode on press and then tell utils via *.ini to exec something when the button code appears.

XDA tutorial for it

feels like I'm missing a command in there, but you gotta find the infos on 4pda.

As I mentioned earlier, please read my posted link and try the Keytest.apk

The mtckeys are not recoqnized in the app, but Android keycodes show.
On my CD400 panel there are 2 keycodes from native Android (Menu via big knob and Back via back-button)
Those can't be remapped via mtce-utils, but via Android key layout

-> This user has/had the same problem click

hint: try a terminal app and execute the button codes, then compare to Android native and 4pda mtce-utils list to find out from where the codes origin.
---

Now lets stop derailing this thread :)

If you find a solution please let me know. i have a navi 600 and i would LOVE to remap some of my buttons. i tried and all i could do was add another function to the button. but it still executes the original one.

if it could get this to work my navigation would be absolutely perfect.

Xorit

Jan 21, 2011
If you find a solution please let me know. i have a navi 600 and i would LOVE to remap some of my buttons. i tried and all i could do was add another function to the button. but it still executes the original one.

if it could get this to work my navigation would be absolutely perfect.

In the newer v3 MCUs they've added a new nav or CD600 profile with a different mapping - maybe that works for you?

As I said before - the CD400 mapping is changable through mtce-utils and does only execute the new mappings afterwards.
But has to be done via said exposed module.
MTCD Tools e.g. can only add function on top.

Maybe the buttons on the nav600 are native Android buttons, so you can only add, but not alter via the given tools.
Head through the links I have attached earlier and try the button codes via terminal.
I have also mentioned where to find the native mappings inside the Android folder structure, so carefully read.

For back and home button, which are natively mapped, I use the app "buttonmapper" from play store.

Mauy81

Nov 12, 2015
Hello everyone I am writing to ask you for information I have a px5 with 4 gigabytes of RAM specific for Honda Civic current model I wanted to update the MCU to the latest available and install the latest Malaysk Rom I have not yet decided whether Android 6 or Android 8

My problem is this given that my radio is specific to Honda Civic I have menus dedicated to my car like the climate or those for the settings of some parameters of the car If I update mcu and Rom I lose these functions or remain?

In case you don't know how to give me an answer, it is possible to make a backup of my current MCU and my Rom so that if I lose these menus by updating I can go back and put back those that are currently there?

Thanks so much and have a nice day to all

NIwHDDW.jpg

2DzSu1f.jpg

kv0lkcC.jpg

MEH4f9l.jpg

AGgqGSr.jpg

NUafLPn.jpg

9MwNObr.jpg

ua1ngMX.jpg

Vo1nLVL.jpg

pir8man

@Mauy81
Updating MCU will not effect your current ROM & features.
Backups of both MCU and your current ROM are possible.

The features you want to retain are part of your current ROM. Replacing your ROM will change/replace/remove those features. Please make a good backup (or ask your radio vendor/maker provide a ROM update) to change back if you are unhappy.

Mauy81

Nov 12, 2015
@Mauy81
Updating MCU will not effect your current ROM & features.
Backups of both MCU and your current ROM are possible.

The features you want to retain are part of your current ROM. Replacing your ROM will change/replace/remove those features. Please make a good backup (or ask your radio vendor/maker provide a ROM update) to change back if you are unhappy.

you can explain to me how to backup mcu and rom or give me a link where it is explained

ZeligPC

Jan 6, 2015
Hi! Do you know how to (if possible) change the ringtone of incoming phone calls on this ROM?

adrienara

Apr 10, 2019
MCU

Instale el firmware de malaysk, actualice la MCU a la MTCE_MX2_V2.79, pero ahora al intentar instalar la ultima MTCE_MX2_3.06, le doy a instalar, parece que la instala, hace el reboot, pero al mirar la version, sigo teniendo la 2.79. Como podria actualizarlo?

zomega57

Apr 18, 2019
By programming the som I no longer have the usb signal and the back room camera

When programming the som I no longer have the USB signal and Save
I restored my Erisin px5 car radio (with 2gb of ram) with the som removal system and its programming by first inserting version 6.0 then mcu mtce_kgl_V2.80.2 and finally updating to Oreo v.8. From that moment on, the input from the rear view camera no longer works and I no longer use the two rear USB ports (the 12v signal is present in both) I can't understand what happened. Strangely, redoing the reprogramming and removing the moss module, the PC could no longer see it connecting it to usb.
Can someone help me? Thank you and good day.

Mr.Jimbo

Jun 7, 2016
When programming the som I no longer have the USB signal and Save
I restored my Erisin px5 car radio (with 2gb of ram) with the som removal system and its programming by first inserting version 6.0 then mcu mtce_kgl_V2.80.2 and finally updating to Oreo v.8. From that moment on, the input from the rear view camera no longer works and I no longer use the two rear USB ports (the 12v signal is present in both) I can't understand what happened. Strangely, redoing the reprogramming and removing the moss module, the PC could no longer see it connecting it to usb.
Can someone help me? Thank you and good day.

Ideally you would have backed up the 'Factory Settings' config first, but try going to factory settings (pw 126) and seeing about the options for backup camera - some are strange for instance mine says "Reverse camera = no" but camera works just fine. Not sure about USB though I'm afraid.

traxformania

Aug 11, 2017
Ankara
How can I change boot animation to a custom animation that i downloaded from internet. (Zip file contains part folders with png files and a single description file.) I tried default ways which I used on my default rom but it's not working. I selected dancing android animation in factory settings and i overwrite the file in folder : System/Media but nothing changed.

Also how can I change default ringtone for bluetooth calls?

zomega57

Apr 18, 2019
Ideally you would have backed up the 'Factory Settings' config first, but try going to factory settings (pw 126) and seeing about the options for backup camera - some are strange for instance mine says "Reverse camera = no" but camera works just fine. Not sure about USB though I'm afraid.

Thanks anyway, but I haven't solved the camera and usb problem.
There is a 5 volt output but no input data signal

Last edited:

Tiser_91

May 27, 2019
Hi everyone,
I have tried update from stock 6.0.1 to Malaysk 8.0 but in recovery i have error status 7 beceuse i think my SD slot don't support booting from SD card. So i install Malaysk 6.0.1 but still have error status 7. I have read that it is fault of old recovery version (i have 6.1.2) so i tried update it with Flashify... But something went wrong... and i do not have acces to recovery. No way work: from keybord, from shutdown menu in Malaysk ROM. Even when i tried reset to factory my px5 have black screen, no android logo.
Fortunately, system is working OK, but i can't update.
Please help, how to repair/update recovery

corsica06

Sep 8, 2007
Hello, The links to download the rom to stay on Android 6 is no longer valid. Is there another link, thank you

SomebodySysop

Nov 30, 2012
Los Angeles
Hi,

I seem to have bricked my unit trying to install the Malaysk Oreo ROM on my GS MTCE unit and am looking for suggestions on how to fix it.

When i boot the unit OR try to get into recovery i get the following message repeatedly:

Recovery V8.0.6.
E: trying to mount /dev/block/mmcblk0p1 to ntfs.
E:trying mount /dev/block/mmcblk0 ntfs
E:failed to mount /mnt/external_sd error: No such device
E: trying to mount /dev/block/mmcblk0p1 to ntfs.
E:trying mount /dev/block/mmcblk0 ntfs
E:failed to mount /mnt/external_sd error: No such device
E:failed to mount /cache: Invalid argument
E:Can't mount /cache/recovery/last_locale
https://www.dropbox.com/s/0n09nvf7pksem1k/UTB8TrUYBgQydeJk43PUq6AyQpXa7.jpg?dl=0

When i try to restore the unit with a properly formatted SD card and e.g. dmcu.img and update.zip on the card i get the following message repeatedly:

Recovery V8.0.6.
E:failed to mount /cache: Invalid argument
E:Can't mount /cache/recovery/last_locale
https://www.dropbox.com/s/1c6x9gm1z5mkixa/UTB8VzJNhL2JXKJkSanrq6y3lVXaO.jpg?dl=0

In any case i cannot boot the unit normally AND i also cannot get into recovery to fix it.

Hope someone has any idea?

Thanks!

I have the same exact problem. Did you get a resolution?

cleverdicky

Sep 11, 2011
Sunny England. UK
Android 7 PX5, Malaysk rom.

Hi, forgive my ignorance.
I don't actually play cd's that much as most music I have I copied to internal sd.
However when playing a few cd's over the weekend I thought I could copy the tracks onto the sd as was possible with a previous unit.
But I cant for the life of me figure out how.
Is it possible or is another 'app' required

nicolapit

Aug 31, 2008
www.emigrantwebtv.com
please can you suggest me what car dvd player 1 din to buy compatible with Malaysk PX5's ROM ? the problem is not all solders says in the Technical specifications what cpu the have... thank you

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    With firmware device, you need to understand all the risks.
    Neither I nor the website is not responsible for your actions and possibly killed devices!​

Please excuse me. I'm bad at spelling in english. I use the translator Google. I rarely answer questions in private messages and on the forum. Sorry.

Restoring killed (brick) on the device after unsuccessful flashing - https://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=75664396&postcount=3254.

Only for devices MTCD 1024X600 and 800X480 Android 6.0.1MTCD PX5!!!​
    Only for those who have access to recovery (originally trying to get into it and reset key combinations) !!!
    ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ ++
    If you like my firmware and think that I'm wasting a lot of time to improve the firmware, then click on the "Donate to Me"
    ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ ++
    Installation:
    Unzip the archive and copy the file Update.img to the SD card.
    Insert the SD card into the slot.
    Go to Settings - About - Update and set the daw to the Wipe data and click on the button - Install.
    ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    Version 1.0 of April 30, 2017.

Android platform from April 14, 2017 (based on the firmware)

Built-in Root latest SuperSU (hidden root access).
    + Built-in Xposed
    + Application signature check disabled
    + Removed garbage (Chinese keyboards, Maps and more)
    + Added programs - Root Explorer, ES File Explorer, TitaniumBackup
    + Slightly adjusted launcher.
    + BusyBox
    + Added screensaver. Disable in Settings - Screen- Screensaver (Default is 5 minutes)
    + Settings - corrected Russian translation.
    + New item in Settings - System and Screen (here all new added items are located)
    - Date and Time in the status bar
    - Screen Density
    - Speed ​​of outgoing and incoming Internet in the status bar
    - Change font and its system size
    - Block all advertising from the Internet
    + Settings for the developer are displayed in Settings
    + Redesigned appearance of the equalizer
    + Added a reboot button and reboot in the recovery in StatusBar
    + New Settings item - Display - Bar Status Settings - Gradient status bar. You can make a transparent StatusBar there or add any color.
    + There are many programs in the OEM application. Install as normal applications. Delete them afterwards - go to Settings - Applications - Delete the update.
    + Added settings - flight mode, mobile data transfer, setting up APN
    + Added settings - Ethernet
    + New Settings - System - Auto Backup
    + Decreased the height of the StatusBar
    + Added support for Init.d
    + Added PCRadio (Internet radio) (can be deleted in Settings - Applications)
    + Redone the standard audio control
    + Redesigned graphic design of pop-up messages.
    + Added module for Xposed - Xposed VolumeBar (completely changes the volume control)
    + Added module for Xposed - Disable Fullscreen Keyboard - http://repo.xposed.info/module/com.shubhangrathore.xposed.disablefullscreenkeyboard
    + Added new Settings. Now you can completely customize the icons in StatusBar. Are in Settings - Display-Settings Bar Status - Hide - Show Icons in StatusBar
    And there we include what you need.
    +++++++ and a lot of other things (long to write - then add to the message)

The first download after the firmware will be very long 15-20 minutes !!!
    Download: https://yadi.sk/d/wRF3mPjS3HVgMo
    =====================================================
    New from May 17, 2017, Firmware No. 2.0
    + Android platform from May 6, 2017
    + Completely new screensaver with GPS speed and Weather function.
    + Added new time values ​​in Settings - Screen - Start time of the screensaver 2 and 3 minutes.
    + Added to Settings -Ascreen - Weather on the screen (Weather settings in the screensaver .There can be turned on - Disable the weather display.
    Do not forget to enable Settings - Location - By All Sources !! For automatic weather display. (You need a connected internet in the device)
    + A new, remastered Launcher.
    + The application Bluetooth is redesigned. Now display the phone and the name of the contact in two lines.
    + Completely redesigned the application Music. A square picture.
    + Redesigned the Radio and Video application.
    + The launcher HA-GS has been added to the OEM promo. You can install it. Change launcher in Settings - Desktop and there choose the launcher that you want to use the default.
    + A new module for displaying the speed over GPS in the screensaver - gps-mtc-launcher.
    In the archive, along with the firmware, there is a folder called mtc-launcher, it must be copied to the root of the internal memory card (SDCARD) with using ES File Explorer.
    And you must activate the GPSMtcLauncher module in Xposed !!!!
    In the folder Copy_To_internal_sd (SDCARD) - From MPH - to display the speed in MPH (US and others)
    In the folder Copy_To_internal_sd (SDCARD) - From KM - to display the speed in KM / H (Russia, Europe and others)

+ Converted Factory Settings for more convenient display.
    + In the OEM application in the Factory app folder there are factory applications - not reworked. You can install them if you do not like my application. Delete them later in Settings - Applications - Delete update.
    + Other fixes and additions.

Connecting Modules Xposed here

Download: https://yadi.sk/d/U-UjLXbC3JDmt3

July 09, 2017, Firmware No. 3.0
    At whom the firmware number 2 is installed and will simply update: make backup of your programs! If there are errors, then you need to do the wipe data (all your programs will be deleted)
    + Android platform from July 3, 2017
    + Added weather to launcher's desktop (can be disabled in Settings) (Set in Settings - Display - Weather settings)
    + New Radio application - 30 stations, you can write your station names.
    + Added to Settings - Screen - Auto screen brightness by GPS.
    + Added ViPER4Android
    + Reduced Status Bar and made semi-transparent.
    + Added the program CarSleepRun (thank you very much to the author of the program graser) to run programs after sleep (white list).
    + Added the program MtcDialer, for voice calls. (Many thanks to the author of the program f1x)
    + Other changes and additions.
    Problem 1: When installing a new module for Xposed, the error "An error occurred in the GUI".
    It is necessary to reboot the device, the error disappears.
    Download: https://yadi.sk/d/dPronKGV3Kt6FF
    July 25, 2017, Firmware No. 3.5 with MicroG
    + Google services are removed, instead of them are installed MicroG
    + Other fixes.
    After installation go to MicroG Settings and activate Google Services and reboot!
    It is recommended to install the firmware with data deletion - Wipe Data
    Download: https://yadi.sk/d/hDhwB-BX3LPDVK
    July 28, 2017, Firmware No. 4.0 (stable) with Google Services
    + Bug "There was an error in the GUI (SystemUI)"
    + Fixed bluetooth for resolution 800X480
    + Fixes that were added in version 3.0-3.5
    + In the archive with the firmware there is an application for auto-brightness on GPS
    + Other
    Download: https://yadi.sk/d/uc8Zux8t3LW4nD
    September 7th, 2017, Firmware No. 5.0
    1. Android base from September 1, 2017 (factory firmware HA)
    2. Updated all Google services, root access, busybox, etc.
    3. New versions of regular applications with a quick access panel and without it (install from the OEM application in the ModApk folder)
    4. New version of the screensaver 2 in 1. With a long press on it, the screen changes from analog clock to digital.
    From the first time can not work. Go to Settings - Screen - The time to start the screensaver is set to 15 seconds and wait for its launch.
    Click 2-3 sec. on it.
    5. Added different time values ​​for launching the screensaver in Settings - Screen - Launch time of the screensaver Never-15-30-60 seconds-2-3-5-7-10 minutes.
    6. Added information about the song being played from the regular Music in the screensaver. Thanks for the help graser.
    7. The HA launcher is in the OEM application in the Launchers folder.
    8. You can install live wallpaper (in the previous version of the firmware they disappeared after the reboot)
    9. A lot of other fixes and additions.
    VIDEO : https://youtu.be/dwTsMtLp0RM
    Download: https://yadi.sk/d/ouDv5oAo3Mh7M5
    New from November 22, 2017, Firmware № 6.0
    1. Android platform from November 7, 2017 (factory firmware HA)
    2. Updated all Google services, etc.
    3. Four versions of standard applications (set from of the OEM application in the ModApk folder)
    4. Updating the screensaver 2 in 1 (bug fixes). With a long press on it, the screen changes from analog clock to digital.
    You can disable it in Settings-Screen - Time to start the screensaver. To show the speed of the GPS in it, you need to activate the module Xposed - GpsMtcLauncher and copy the folder mtc-launcher (is in the archive together with firmware) to the root of the internal memory card and will reboot.
    5. Added startup screensaver in the programs PCRadio and Poweramp.
    6. Added start of programs Torque, PCRadio and Poweramp after a dream.
    7. 5 launchers, for every taste - are in the OEM application in the Launchers folder.
    8. Added the "Moon" icon to the status bar for launching the screensaver (you can turn it off in [color = green] Settings - Display - Bar Status Settings - Hide-Show Icons in Status Bar [/ b] [/ color])
    9. A lot of other fixes and additions.
    Video instructions for setting up the system - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lUvi-TstdaA
    Download firmware version 6.0: https://yadi.sk/d/1FVBUPBD3PvaQQ
    New from November 24, 2017, Firmware №6.2
    1. Fixed a display of the speed of the GPS in the screensaver.
    2. Fixed a bug with the release of the app “Amplifier” (Sound adjustment) for the screen resolution 800X480.
    2. Fixed a bug with the screensaver when setting the time format to 12 hours.
    4. Added startup screensaver in the program Rocket Player.
    5. Support Tasker after sleep
    6. New regular applications (located in the OEM application in the ModApk folder)
    7. Fixed my Radio (lost the saved list of radio stations after the reboot)
    Video instructions for setting up the system - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lUvi-TstdaA
    Download firmware version 6.2: https://yadi.sk/d/4xpGjsMq3Pyypp

New from February 13, 2018, Firmware No. 7.0
    Video instruction on setting up the system - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YD31zLeNrXc
    1. The firmware is made on the basis of the factory firmware from February 1, 2018.
    2. Fixed Radio schedule (in my Modified Radio) for 800X480 screen resolution and in the screensaver the Music button.
    3. Added screen lock function for PIN code. Enable - Disable in Settings - Screen - Lock screen. The screen lock will occur when the device is fully loaded and when it exits from sleep.
    Especially the necessary function, if you leave the car in a car service :)
    4. Updated Xposed to the latest version. If you at the first start Xposed writes that it is not activated - REBOOT the device. Then everything will be fine.
    5. Updated Root access (SuperSU) to the latest version.
    6. The module for Xposed mtc-launcher is deleted, see below why (duplicate function)
    7. Added module for Xposed MVG-V70 (thanks to him for helping me adapt the module for my firmware) xposed-mtce-utils. You can see its settings here - https://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=72103289&postcount=2
    In the archive, along with the firmware, there are two folders
    Copy_To_internal_sd (SDCARD) - From MPH - to display the speed of the GPS in the screensaver in MPH - America, etc.
    Copy_To_internal_sd (SDCARD) - From KM - to display the speed by GPS in the screensaver in KM / H - Russia, Europe, etc.
    It is necessary to copy the entire folder mtce-utils to the root of the internal (sdcard) memory and activate the module in Xposed !!!!
    8. Added module for Xposed graser (thanks to him for helping me adapt the module for my firmware) dasaita-xposed. Read about the module here - http://4pda.ru/forum/index.php?showtopic=820460&st=260#entry62211995
    9. Added support for OTA updates.
    10. Added three launchers to the OEM application in the Other Launchers folder
    11. Much more :)

I recommend (at your discretion) do Wipe Data.
    If you are installing a firmware with Wipe Data, then the first download will be a long 10-15 minutes!
    Download Firmware No. 7.0: https://yadi.sk/d/XAJP3pLj3SLp9p
    Available OTA update for firmware 7.0 up to version 7.1 (Size: 11 MB) - https://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=75599111&postcount=3087
    Available OTA update for firmware 7.1 up to version 7.2 (Size: 79 MB) - https://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=75657187&postcount=3240

If it does not work GPS and WiFi make a "soft reset" !!! Hold the RESET button for 5-10 seconds until the buttons blink, release RESET. The device will reboot. If you have a dark screen - click on the Power button.
    If you like my firmware and think that I'm wasting a lot of time to improve the firmware, then click on the "Donate to Me"
    POLL: Do I need to make a firmware with MicroG? For the speed of the system? If there is +10 thanks, I will do it!
    Finishes the version for PX3 and will proceed to PX5 in the near future.

I have already finished doing the firmware for PX3. I started doing for the PX5, based on the android from September 1, 2017 factory firmware HA.
    Restoring killed (brick) device after unsuccessful flashing for PX5 android 6.0.1 MTCD-MTCE. Using a bootable SD card
    1. Download the archive and unzip folder SD_Firmware_Tool_For_PX5_android_6_0_1 it to the C drive in root. It is advisable to do this on a Windows 7 computer.
    2. We insert the SD card into the slot on the computer and start the program SD_Firmware_Tool.exe
    Screenshot_1.png
    3. We choose our sd card. The tick must be on the Upgrade Firmware. And click on Firmare .
    Select the factory firmware from the folder C:\SD_Firmware_Tool_For_PX5_android_6_0_1\Firmware_android_6.0.1_for_PX5\update.img
    Screenshot_2.jpg
    4. Click on Creat
    Screenshot_3.png
    5. After creating a bootable SD card - insert it into the device and turn it on (or press the RESET key)
    6. After the end of the process, you must necessarily remove the SD card - otherwise after restarting, the installation process will start again.
    7. The SD card after it must be restored in the program SD_Firmware_Tool.exe - by clicking on the button Restore
    Screenshot_5.png
    This method does not work on all devices !!

Download: https://yadi.sk/d/dM3z9mfq3ShWys
    Mirror: https://mega.nz/#!BswkkaiS!qI3BlzJcS44CW9aXqs4K589euFmHWkjHOB-BR01kqKA