I have Hal9k ROM 3 for MTCD/E, Android 8 on XRC PX5 HU.
I was going to buy the app ModIntallerPro in order to upgrade to ROM 4; before that I tried to do a back-up using "update.zip" (the one in "backup8").
I placed it on a USB pen drive and I was surprised to see the 2 USB port cable were not longer working: for sure the USB drive mounting was not working from a while. I tried more USB pens. On the contrary a mouse works, connecting its dongle to the USB; the electrical connection is on.
I tried to use an SD card for the back-up, but it fails.
I kindly require:
- some help to make mounting the USB pen drive again; and /or
- info on the possibility to use back-up / restore with the SD (is it possible?)
Can someone explain how the tasker integration between the steering wheel keys and the intent works?
I finally worked it out. For anyone else who is out of their depth and struggling:
1. In the app "Wheel key Study" bind a steering wheel key to one of the tasker specific options. 0-9, * or #.
2. In tasker create a profile with Event - System - Intent received.
3. For "Action" enter "com.microntek.report.event" and leave the rest blank
4. Link this profile to a task with variables - variable set.
5. Under "name" enter "%Key" (must have a capital)
Under "value" enter "%value"
The variable %Key will now have the value of the keycode of whatever button you press at anytime. This can be seen in the variables tab in tasker.
Now you can use this to do anything you want.
For example if you want to launch Spotify you could bind a key to "0" in Wheelkey Study.
Then create a profile that runs on variable set with the variable as "%Key" and the value as 292 (the keycode of 0).
Then link this to a task that launches Spotify.
The capital letter in %Key is important because it lets any profile or task reference the variable. You can name it anything you want, but it has to have a capital.
I have been without a car stereo this year, my unit is still boot looping
I tried to reflash
I created a new upgrade card (provided within the archive for the Android 6 to 8 here
I inserted the SD within the GPS slot , then reset the HU by holding the power button, until flashing, around 10 seconds .
The 'upgrade card' screen is shown (attached). I have been waiting 10 minutes but no messages or changes .
Can you help with this? Please