[ROM][PX5][Pie][9.0] Malaysk ROM for PX5 RK3368 with Android 9

jesse6617

Dec 28, 2017
Taiwan
Correction of some bugs, new screensaver (it is also now in the OEM application), new translations in Mod Settings (Ukrainian and Traditional Chinese - thanks to XDA users for the translations provided!), Update of settings for automatic brightness by GPS, battery voltage display in the new screensaver - in Settings Mod - Mod Settings - Screensaver Settings. Other.
thanks for your update.

kcs58box

Sep 18, 2007
Correction of some bugs, new screensaver (it is also now in the OEM application), new translations in Mod Settings (Ukrainian and Traditional Chinese - thanks to XDA users for the translations provided!), Update of settings for automatic brightness by GPS, battery voltage display in the new screensaver - in Settings Mod - Mod Settings - Screensaver Settings. Other.
Hi
Malaysk
thanks for your update
Finally has traditional Chinese language

Sc4r3Crow

May 18, 2017
Hey @Malaysk and hey guys,

I want to switch to Malaysk rom and have a question in advance: Is it correct that I have to install 1.1 at first and update after that if I want to?

Or can I download the latest lite firmware from anywhere so that I could install that one and needn't to start with the very first version?

Last edited:

koeksal

Dec 6, 2018
MQB-BOX

Has anyone tried to run Malaysk on a Device like this? It's connected between the original Navigation System of the car.

Processor would fit but I am not sure as it would use some gestures to switch between original System and Android.
Running Malaysk combined with the original Navigation System would be coolest thing ever :D:D

Last edited:

megottka

Nov 30, 2013
Some SD card issue

Dear Malaysk!

First of all, i'm so glad to you for this (full version) ROM, it works flawlessly more than 9 months ago.
I would like to replace my 64GB SDcard for a bigger one, i bought this Samsung EVO Plus (grade 3 class 10) 128GB, formated to FAT32 and copied all of my stuff. Firstly the read it the whole filetree (same as the 64GB!) it takes double time.
Secondly when i turn off the ignition and switch on after some minutes, the music player does't recognized the last state, just when i close it the app and open it once again. Try it with exFAT same issue.
Have you any idea for this?
Now i replace back the 64GB sd card, it works nice, but i need it some more space :D
Thank you so much for your answer!
Best wishes!
Norbert

Malaysk

Jan 31, 2011
Online update version 1.3.9 from December 10, 2020.
1. Added 5 attempts to initialize WiFi every 20 seconds with checking network availability
2. Added forced activation of disabled WiFi SSIDs, the system for some reason periodically sets the Disable status of the working SSID and automatic connection does not occur.
3. Brightness adjustment service. When you turn on the rear or front camera, the brightness rises to the allowed maximum
4. Changed display of pop-up notifications. (Potential error elimination)
5. The service has been redesigned to exclude the simultaneous operation of different players.
.... 5.1 The current player when going to sleep is remembered and starts playing after waking up from sleep (It is not recommended to add media players to the white list of applications that cannot be killed)
.... 5.2 Fixed conflict with NavRadio + application
.... 5.3 Fixed conflict with DAB + app
6. The algorithms for launching the ScreenSaver have been reworked. Will not start when the rear camera is on.
7. Changed optimization of work with GPS. Expanded custom GPS settings, added navigation chip mode selection
8. Added display of RDS Radio in the screensaver and in some launchers. RDS settings are located - Mod Settings - MOD Settings - Car - RDS display settings.
9. Elimination of various small bugs

Last edited:

polopulp

Oct 18, 2019
1. Added 5 attempts to initialize WiFi every 20 seconds with checking network availability
2. Added forced activation of disabled WiFi SSIDs, the system for some reason periodically sets the Disable status of the working SSID and automatic connection does not occur.
3. Brightness adjustment service. When you turn on the rear or front camera, the brightness rises to the allowed maximum
5. The service has been redesigned to exclude the simultaneous operation of different players.
.... 5.1 The current player when going to sleep is remembered and starts playing after waking up from sleep (It is not recommended to add media players to the white list of applications that cannot be killed)
6. The algorithms for launching the ScreenSaver have been reworked. Will not start when the rear camera is on.
7. Changed optimization of work with GPS. Expanded custom GPS settings, added navigation chip mode selection
8. Added display of RDS Radio in the screensaver and in some launchers. RDS settings are located - Mod Settings - MOD Settings - Car - RDS display settings.
I LUV IT! Thanks man!
I cant wait for 1.40 already.

polopulp

Oct 18, 2019
D5E3B44C-94A3-4186-91AD-16AEF486ED66.jpeg

Dear Malaysk
Could you make music pop-up to be customizable? or add seperation mark between the album and the artist?
It is a little bit hard to recognize...
Thanks man!

prillan

Dec 30, 2020
I installed the Lite version. I like it, but I drive a lot at night and the light from the display bothers me. With the full version, is it possible to set Screen Off as screen saver?

BelYaal

Jan 3, 2021
Hello.
First, Sorry to my english.
And I need update my andoid auto PX5
PX5(1024x600)
android 9
rk3368-userdebug 9 PI 20200520.190100 test-keys
MTCE_MX_V3.53_1
May 25 2020
CPU Octa-core Cortex-a53 @ 1.5G
to android 10/11
Maybe You have ROM for my machine?

Best Regards
Christoph

x2optimizer

Jul 2, 2012
Mittelhessen
Hello.
First, Sorry to my english.
And I need update my andoid auto PX5
PX5(1024x600)
android 9
rk3368-userdebug 9 PI 20200520.190100 test-keys
MTCE_MX_V3.53_1
May 25 2020
CPU Octa-core Cortex-a53 @ 1.5G
to android 10/11
Maybe You have ROM for my machine?

Best Regards
Christoph
please read the instructions from page 1.
this rom should work for you but without guarantee.
go to the factory settings menu and see which bluetooth module you have.

MediaTerraneo

Aug 20, 2018
Bari
www.youtube.com
Dispite of any power config, i have seen that sometimes the HU is not really off, draining current. So i made a power by-pass, with a cable cut, connecting the HU +12V cable to what i need according to the situation; i have put an external button with 3 positions: position 1 normal connection. Position 2 power off (for hard restart). Positon 3 instead of normal connection the HU cable is powered by an external ACC line, so the HU turns off immediately (and brutally and surelly) every time engine (ACC) is off. I normally use position 3 ed it's ok for me.

Reactions: Sc4r3Crow