[ROM][PX5][PX6][PX30][Pie][9.0] Hal9k Mod v4 for MTCD/E head units with Android 9/8/6

darkchild971

Jul 10, 2008
I downgrade my wonderfoo px6 64/4 originally on A10 to A9 with modinstaller. But right after my screen have issue on the recovery and in Android. A try to update my MCU but no luck. When a revert back to A10 everything is ok.
Look like my device is not compatible with A9. Someone already have this issue?

yugisop

Nov 2, 2011
Georgetown
Yeah, I also had Malaysk A9 and I also found it sluggish/bloated and unstable compared to my Dasaita stock, so I jumped to Hal9k 4.0 and it was perfectly smooth and stable until 4.2.0, where now the unit just auto-reboot itself (with ugly static sound) once in 2-3 days.
Thanks and do keep me posted.

P40L0

Jan 14, 2020
Yeah, I also had Malaysk A9 and I also found it sluggish/bloated and unstable compared to my Dasaita stock, so I jumped to Hal9k 4.0 and it was perfectly smooth and stable until 4.2.0, where now the unit just auto-reboot itself (with ugly static sound) once in 2-3 days.

I just sent a request (and a payment) to Hal in order to grab its latest Mod Installer Pro v2, which I will use to wipe everything and go back to latest official stock for my Dasaita PX6, more specifically this:
I'm reading good things about this Firmware+MCU combo, so let's see if I will fix those annoying reboots.
I'll let you know ;)
With "everything up to date" you surely mean that you also have the MCU at its latest version, right?

On my PX5 MX head unit I had instabilities and reboots on Hal9k Mod v4 when I used a V3.6x MCU version. Since I realised this correlation I flashed back to the latest V3.5x MCU version (V3.57 in my case) and voila - everything is stable again and no more reboots.

So before flashing Android 10 and having to set up everything from scratch, I would advise you to first try the your latest V3.5x MCU version for a couple of days. 🤞
Thanks and do keep me posted.
OK, I've used Mod Installer Pro v2 to re-stock my Dasaita PX6 (MAX6) directly to their latest Android 10 and MCU/MTCE-HA (see my first quote for details), Wipe Cleaning everything in between (twice to be sure) and starting from scratch from there.

I reinstalled everything I had before, configured everything to my liking and not only now everything is smoother, but it has been 3 days without a single random reboot!
This combination of firmware and MCU seems to did the trick, and I've also stopped automatic updates from Play Store as long as everything is so good and stable now.

Very happy with it, and I suggest you to do the same if you experience hard reboots.

P.S.
The audio quality of my JBL setup (on my Toyota C-HR Hybrid 1.8 - 2019) is also dramatically improved compared before.

Last edited:
Reactions: okij

Silver_

Jun 13, 2010
Does anyone know how to put this data on my PX5 screen? Signal level, battery of my mobile phone paired by Bluetooth, is there an app to do this? if not, it would be good to include it in a future ROM.
20210119_072527.jpg

njoule

Dec 7, 2018
Viterbo
Hi everyone, I am writing here as I have a DASAITA PX5 (ex PX3) on which I upgraded from Android 8 to Android 9 MOD Hal9k V4.0.0 and which works fine for now, the MCU I have now is MTCE_HA_V3.67_1 and on the system settings, it shows me a Bluetooth module SD-968 that when it works, it works well, but sometimes in the low temperatures of the car, it has difficulty to be recognized and I have to restart the radio several times, while if the car is in the garage, no BT module recognition problem, how could I solve this bizarre problem?

marchnz

Nov 26, 2012
wombleton
Hi everyone, I am writing here as I have a DASAITA PX5 (ex PX3) on which I upgraded from Android 8 to Android 9 MOD Hal9k V4.0.0 and which works fine for now, the MCU I have now is MTCE_HA_V3.67_1 and on the system settings, it shows me a Bluetooth module SD-968 that when it works, it works well, but sometimes in the low temperatures of the car, it has difficulty to be recognized and I have to restart the radio several times, while if the car is in the garage, no BT module recognition problem, how could I solve this bizarre problem?
Warranty.

alan5673

Mar 3, 2013
Ballybofey
Does anyone know how to put this data on my PX5 screen? Signal level, battery of my mobile phone paired by Bluetooth, is there an app to do this? if not, it would be good to include it in a future ROM.View attachment 5192069
There is a paid app I use called headunit reloaded. It emulates android auto on the px5 so you can connect your phone to the px5 and it will display your phone details as shown in your screenshot

Reactions: Silver_

djjinx1

Dec 31, 2020
I paid for Modinstaller, how long does it normally take to receive? I want to downgrade from 10 to Hal9k for now.

I forgot to put anything in PayPal comment though!

djjinx1

Dec 31, 2020
Please help.

I followed all instructions.

I was on stock Android 10, so I install the installermod.apk choose android 9.

I have update.zip on root of usb already inserted.

It reboots to recovery and auto wipes everything. I try to install rom and I get this.

I have tried all 3 usb ports, never had a problem before, always fine installing Malaysk rom and going back to stock.

I then tried stock ROM update.zip (android 9) and it's the same.

It won't let me install anything.

I don't have a SD card slot on device.

Any ideas on what I can do??

Attachments

Nightjjr

Oct 6, 2010
Please help.

I followed all instructions.

I was on stock Android 10, so I install the installermod.apk choose android 9.

I have update.zip on root of usb already inserted.

It reboots to recovery and auto wipes everything. I try to install rom and I get this.

I have tried all 3 usb ports, never had a problem before, always fine installing Malaysk rom and going back to stock.

I then tried stock ROM update.zip (android 9) and it's the same.

It won't let me install anything.

I don't have a SD card slot on device.

Any ideas on what I can do??
Delete the USB stick completely and just copy the update.zip

Reactions: djjinx1

dronemx

Mar 29, 2017
OK, I've used Mod Installer Pro v2 to re-stock my Dasaita PX6 (MAX6) directly to their latest Android 10 and MCU/MTCE-HA (see my first quote for details), Wipe Cleaning everything in between (twice to be sure) and starting from scratch from there.

I reinstalled everything I had before, configured everything to my liking and not only now everything is smoother, but it has been 3 days without a single random reboot!
This combination of firmware and MCU seems to did the trick, and I've also stopped automatic updates from Play Store as long as everything is so good and stable now.

Very happy with it, and I suggest you to do the same if you experience hard reboots.

P.S.
The audio quality of my JBL setup (on my Toyota C-HR Hybrid 1.8 - 2019) is also dramatically improved compared before.
Hello

Could you upload a printscreen of your Dasaita Screen.
I would like to see how HA3 looks like.

Thanks.

Yuckky

Jun 28, 2011
I paid for Modinstaller, how long does it normally take to receive? I want to downgrade from 10 to Hal9k for now.

I forgot to put anything in PayPal comment though!
I received mine within 24hrs, i didnt leave a comment in paypal either, as long as you gave your serial number and unit processor PX5, PX6 etc you will receive an email to your paypal email address.

muratemre444

Jun 8, 2018
I am using hal9k full version. every time I start the car the volume works at level 2. I increase the volume to 10 for example, but when I turn it off and on, it works again at level 2. What should I do for it. I wonder if there is a setting?