[ROM][PX5][PX6][PX30][Pie][9.0] Hal9k Mod v4 for MTCD/E head units with Android 9/8/6

Search This thread

marchnz

Nov 26, 2012
NZ
anyone got any idea from hak9k if and when his android 10 based rom is going to be released? its been 6 months now since he has replied on this forum and also when Malaysk's 10 based rom was released. Sick of stock rom and i'm not getting on with that rom very well either.

Thought about taking action and creating your own ROM or Mods.

I thought Xda was about development and working together, not consumption.

marchnz

Nov 26, 2012
NZ
Funny thing, he's been online recently and even didn't wrote any reply to any question.

I appreciate his work but people there are looking for support and there isn't any official support. I could understand that if the rom was free but we have payed (almost everybody I believe) for both ModInstaller and ROM. This shouldn't happen.

Privately, I'm totally disappointed.
Except it's not private, you've shared your frustration by posting here.

Of course there isn't any "official support"

Think about it; complainers here gave up using and contributing to free developed methods for a quick fix.

You all come/join fast to get what you want and leave just as fast when you have what you want.

So many got on the paid bandwagon for what. Instead, we could have put efforts into developing and lobbying the two paid developers to share their expertise.

The two paid developers have contributed ZERO to the development and community contribution.

They have both taken others work (which was often developed openly in these forums - see MTCB posts) "stitched together", and then argued about who stole what (see 4pda) and taken your cash/reward. Who are the fools.

Id say time to start community development here and distancing from these closed operators if you want to see future development for our toys.

Last edited:

marjanoos

Mar 27, 2012
Dortmund
Except it's not private, you've shared your frustration by posting here.

Of course there isn't any "official support"

Think about it; complainers here gave up using and contributing to free developed methods for a quick fix.

You all come/join fast to get what you want and leave just as fast when you have what you want.

So many got on the paid band wagon for what. Instead, we could have put efforts into developing and lobbying the two paid developers to share their expertise.

The two paid developers have contributed ZERO to the development and community contribution.

They have both taken others work (which was often developed openly in these forums - see MTCB posts) "stitched together", and then argued about who stole what (see 4pda) and taken your cash/reward. Who are the fools.

Id say time to start community development here and distancing from these closed operators if you want to see future development for our toys.

What's your point? It's hard to understand. What developers are you talking about? Hal9k and Malaysk?

I'm not a developer neither many XDA users are developers. I'm more "tester". I won't create anything because I don't know how. XDA is the only popular english place when I can try unofficial software. And I've liked to play with my mobiles. Now I'm also the car user and there's no better place to find better than stock fw.

verszipo

Apr 14, 2010
Samsung Galaxy Note 8 (2017 Phone)
is it possible to read text messages from the phone so that the radio can display it?

You could use something similar to "Bridge" which sends all notifications from 1 Android device to another : https://xdaforums.com/t/bridge-mirror-notifications-android-web.3867067/

But of course, you have to be warry of apps that have access to all your notifications, you never know what they do with those. You really need to trust the application and the author of the app.

Fatmonk8

Does anyone know how to assign any program to a wheel button? For example, I would like to assign a button that I use for the "microphone" (in order to open the assistant Google) and replace it to open the MtCDialer directly. Is this possible?
PD: at least to solved temporaly the actual problem with the hands free in the newest google assistant.
I am also looking at how to do this

bettuccio

Apr 13, 2010
Italy
I am also looking at how to do this
you can try with "mtcdTools" It is used to map the keys to do anything. I've used it on both Android 6 and Android 8, now I don't know if it still works with Android 9. I'll probably try to do it these days.

puoi provare con "mtcdTools" È usato per mappare i tasti per fare qualsiasi cosa. L'ho usato sia su Android 6 che su Android 8, ora non so se funziona ancora con Android 9. Probabilmente proverò a farlo in questi giorni.

Last edited by a moderator:

bettuccio

Apr 13, 2010
Italy
I have 2 questions: I state that I too have installed version 4 of Hal9k. Have any of you installed the exposed framework of the tools? I wish I could do it from Magisk, is it possible? The other question: can I update Magisk directly from its page or should I keep it that way forever?

Ho 2 domande: premetto che anch'io ho installato la versione 4 di Hal9k. Qualcuno di voi ha installato il framework esposto degli strumenti? Vorrei poterlo fare da Magisk, è possibile? L'altra domanda: posso aggiornare Magisk direttamente dalla sua pagina o devo tenerlo così per sempre?

Last edited by a moderator:

basstek1

May 16, 2010
did someone have a problem with the update? after entering the code and rebooting, I have an OTA update message. after another reboot, again the same OTA update message ... nothing else

thejihell

I have a Android 9.0 px5 MCE Pumpkin HU wich is designed for Volkswagen.
So HU buttons backlight turn of and on according with car light, steering wheel buttons are functional for HU, some Hu informations are diplayed on little Led screen on dashboard, trunk and open Doors are showed on HU..

Will these feature will remain if flashing this Rom ?

Last edited:

marchnz

Nov 26, 2012
NZ
I have a Android 9.0 px5 MCE Pumpkin HU wich is designed for Volkswagen.
So HU buttons backlight turn of and on according with car light, steering wheel buttons are functional for HU, some Hu informations are diplayed on little Led screen on dashboard, trunk and open Doors are showed on HU..

Will these feature will remain if flashing this Rom ?
Maybe, maybe not. Without trying, you might not find out.

With an OTG backup of the original, all your apps, data, configuration is backed up, so what's to lose.

thejihell

Maybe, maybe not. Without trying, you might not find out.

With an OTG backup of the original, all your apps, data, configuration is backed up, so what's to lose.
Thanks pal.
Well, would have prefered to know before.
But if it's not possible then can u tell me how to Backup the actual Rom with all data and apps ?

In fact I just upgraded from 8 to Android 9. Il I reflash the 9 update.zip it will restore the same isnt it ?

marchnz

Nov 26, 2012
NZ
Thanks pal.
Well, would have prefered to know before.
But if it's not possible then can u tell me how to Backup the actual Rom with all data and apps ?

In fact I just upgraded from 8 to Android 9. Il I reflash the 9 update.zip it will restore the same isnt it ?

See my OTG thread - complete backup. Nothing else compares.

Andy-Denise

Mar 4, 2012
can someone tell me why I can't install zlink on hal9 rom. this rom is also rooted or not?
I would like wireless android car

greats Andy

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This version is deprecated. The new version is here

MCU version: MTCD_ХХХХ, MTCE_ХХХХ, MTCP_ХХХХ
    Firmware version: 4.0.0 (01.02.2020)
    Version of the latest OTA update: 4.2.2 (06.02.2022)

About firmware:
    Firmware for car head units on the MTCD-MTCE platform with Rockchip PX5 (rk3368), PX6 (rk3399), PX30 (rk3326) processors and a screen resolution of 800x480, 1024x600 or 1280x720 based on Android 9 .
    This is a further development of the Hal9k Mod v3 based on Android 8.
    # Thanks AndroidAutoShop for the equipment provided for development.

The basic version of the firmware, in the form in which it is posted here, is distributed free of charge for private use and has no performance limitations
    Commercial use of firmware or its parts and algorithms is prohibited

Any change to the firmware of the head unit is a potentially dangerous operation. Therefore, the Mod is provided on an “as is” basis. The author is not responsible for any possible negative consequences.

The main advantages of this firmware:
    • Stock design
    • High stability
    • Advanced functionality
    • Correction of existing errors and deficiencies in stock firmware
    • Customizability. All additions and modifications can be customized to your taste.
    • Changes are made directly in the application code, without using the Xposed framework
    • Increased responsiveness compared to the stock + the ability to independently improve this indicator
    System requirements ( Settings> System> About device (About tablet) )
    • The model starts with px5 (rk3368) or px6 (rk3399) or px30 (rk3326_mid)
    • Android version starts with 9 or 8.0 or 6.0
    • The MCU version starts with MTCD or MTCE . Further there can be any letters, two, three, four - it does not matter.
    "About device" screen samples
    00.png01.png02.png

It is also necessary to be able to enter the recovery mode.

Firmware Reviews:
    Video review by Alex's Android Radio (English)
    Video review by Alex's Android Radio (Deutsch)
    Video review by ES. (Русский)

List of changes:
    4.2.2 OTA-package (06.02.2022)
    1. Fix for OK Google - App removed
    2. Version 5 Notification
    4.2.1 OTA-package (10.03.2021)
    1. Minor bug fixes
    2. Updated translations
    4.2.0 OTA-package (06.09.2020)
    1. Updated base firmware to version 202005
    2. Minor bug fixes
    3. Updated translations
    4.1.0 OTA-package (25.07.2020)
    1. Updated base firmware to version 201912
    2. Changed rules for distributing processes by processor cores
      This had a positive effect both on the system as a whole and on the GPS.
      GPS starts working normally about a minute after waking up from prolonged (night) sleep
    3. Added screen filter for additional screen dimming in night mode
    4. For the convenience of controlling the brightness level in this mode, a slider has been added next to the daytime brightness
    5. Added the ability to adjust the volume from third-party applications
    6. Added configurable autostart of packages or activities and services after starting the OS
    7. A new way to install additional launchers included in the firmware.
      They are now installed as updates to the built-in launcher. The widgets are working fine.
      If there are widgets in the folder with the launcher, then first you need to install them, and then the launcher
      Replaced KGL and ZH launchers with HA and HA2. Added exclusive launcher from Alex's Android Radio
      Other launchers not included in the firmware are located here
    8. Fixed a bug with getting covers from some players and the Radio application
    9. Added display of radio station logos on the widget in the built-in launcher
    10. Added the ability to disable the display of pop-up messages over the launcher
    11. Fixed a bug of restarting third-party applications that worked before going to sleep
    12. Fixed image mirroring bug when switching from front to rear camera
    13. Pressing the Fcam button again now closes the front camera app
    14. Added the ability to disable the device shutdown message
    15. Tap on the clock widget in the built-in launcher now starts the screensaver instead of the clock
    16. Added GPS chip reset to factory defaults when GPS receiver advanced setting is disabled. Relevant for PX30
    17. Updated ViPER4Android FX and GPS Test Plus apps
    18. Updated translations
    4.0.2 OTA-package (05.04.2020)
    1. Added to "Advanced GPS receiver setup":
      • Possibility of a choice of frequency of measurements for the GPS receiver: 1,2,5 and 10 Hz
      • Ability to use BeiDou satellites instead of Glonass (only for PX5 and PX6)
    2. The Navi button now switches between the navigation application and the last launched player, which is included in the "List of media players that should not work together"
    3. Third-party applications can now set the time zone on the device. Tested on the latest version of Navitel 9.12.58
      If the application has already been installed, then to enable this mode, you must reinstall it
    4. Especially for BMW car owners, the function "Replacing key codes" from Mod v3 is returned
    5. Added the ability to send media information from embedded applications to third-party widgets
    6. Added the ability to control embedded media applications from third-party widgets
    7. Added the ability to display logos of radio stations on the screen saver and in media widgets for the embedded radio app
      Files with logos should be located in the Pictures/Radio folder created on the device’s internal memory
      Format: PNG, JPG. Image sizes up to 320x320
      File names: 10250.png (102.50 MHz) for the default group of radio stations. A10340.png, B10340.jpg, etc. (103.40 MHz) for other groups
    8. A new design of pop-up messages with media information has been made
      Added the ability to adjust the duration of the display of such messages
    9. Added default album art for embedded media applications. You can replace them with yours in the settings.
    10. Added the ability to include packages without a launcher in the white list
    11. Fixed display of screen saver on devices where large font is selected in the settings
    12. New in screen saver:
      • You can swap the indicators on the left and right
      • Added ability to select text color for indicators
      • In addition to Yandex.Weather, the temperature can be taken from Accuweather and Yahoo.Weather notifications
    13. You can remove information about the track number from pop-up messages. This also affects the screen saver
    14. Temperature and voltage now appear on the screen saver immediately after it starts
    15. Fixed a bug in the rear view camera application, due to which the application crashed if you turn on the navigation bar
    16. Pause for third-party media players when making a call or pressing the Mute button
    4.0.1 OTA-package (09.01.2020)
    1. Advanced configuration of the GPS receiver chip, which includes:
      • Use of Galileo and IMES satellite navigation systems in addition to existing ones. The number of visible satellites increased by about a third
      • Frequency of measurements of geolocation increased by 10 times. Navigation apps respond faster to changes in course or speed
      • The lag of the marker from the real position is reduced to the minimum, which means that navigation applications report faster about the upcoming maneuver
      • Enabled positioning acceleration AssistNow Autonomous. A cold start of the GPS receiver takes about one minute.
      • A dynamic navigation model is set - for cars, not for phones, as set by default
      • Any differential correction satellites are used
    2. Unfortunately, not all of this works for PX30 devices, since they have a less functional GPS receiver chip
    3. Updated GPS Test Plus application (see screenshot). The satellites marked in circles are GPS on the left of the screen and Galileo on the right
    4. Ability to configure the speed of the USB OTG port (USB 2.0 or USB 1.1). This allows you to remove clicks that interfere with listening to music via USB DAC.
    5. Ability to set default TTL in the range from 63 to 65
    6. Ability to disable the Ethernet interface for using Wi-Fi without physically disconnecting the USB modem. Ability to configure Ethernet interface parameters
    7. The ability to mirror the image from the front view camera by default. Useful for those who put a rear view camera on the front of the car.
    8. Color selection for dynamic parking lines
    9. The ability not to turn off the sound from other applications after launching the applications AV input and DVR
    10. Gesture control and background playback enabled for the Video application
    11. The ability to disable option "Mute button pauses playback"
    12. Added a black list of applications that do not allow to start the screen saver. Now you can make the screen saver always run, except when the applications in the list are on the screen
    13. The z-link application should work
    14. Bugs fixed in the default launcher:
      • Now you can create widgets "Direct dial" and "Direct message". Both widgets will launch a phone call to the selected number
      • The radio frequency on the widget is not reset after changing the theme
    15. Updated script from b-max for reconnecting freezing USB hubs
    4.0.0 (24.11.2019)
    1. Full root access is preinstalled (Magisk v20.1)
      It is possible to write to system partitions, control access to applications, hide root from some applications, and install additional modules
      The built-in update does not work on Rockchip devices.
    2. Firmware is completely reodexed with optimization for the processor. This gives some increase in system speed.
    3. Scrolling a long name in the phone book
    4. Equalizer call button in Radio, Music and Video
    5. New actions for buttons on the steering wheel, including double actions (example: the "Back" button will hang up when there is an active call)
    6. All elements of the status bar are in the same style and change their color depending on the background color. All items can be disabled
    7. Removed restriction on 4 icons in the status bar
    8. Navi and F-Cam tiles added
    9. Players added to the "List of media players that should not work together" no longer close when going to sleep
    10. An alternative Equalizer has been added to OEM. It is installed as an update of the built-in Equalizer using the ApkInstaller application.
      The interface shown in the screenshot appears only on devices with DSP !
      Return to the stock version by removing updates in the properties of the "Amplifier" application
    11. New screensavers
    12. In applications, translation into different languages has been fixed and added (now 12 languages have been changed).
      Thanks to our translation team:
      • de maus05, Toto1365, Ati_gangster
      • el grigoris_a
      • it mrgiaco, DanveRt
      • cs Bugscze
      • hr dankec2000
      • hu didu73
      • nl ZeroZorro
      • fr mykerinos1
      • sv kupa
      • es segu45
      • pl tomkam
      • ua DanveRt
    Inherited from previous versions:
    1. Added the ability to receive OTA updates via the Internet
    2. Added Lada logo
    3. Added support for init.d
      You can put your scripts in the /etc/init.d folder and they will be launched at system startup
    4. New default settings:
      • English language and date format, time zone CET
      • Screen saver timeout - 2 minutes, options added: 10 and 30 minutes
      • Watching video while driving - enabled
      • GPS time update - enabled
      • Navigation sound mode - mixing
      • Navigation mixing ratio - 2
      • Prohibition of connection to data services in roaming
      • Rreversing volume - 4
      • Screen brightness at night - 20%
    5. Added the ability to adjust the speed at which the video will be disabled
    6. Added auto tuning APN for Tele2
    7. Deleted applications: System Tests and EasyConnected
    8. Gmail, Google Speech Synthesizer, Google Maps and YouTube transferred from system applications to third-party
      Now they can be simply deleted in Settings if they are not needed.
    9. Added the latest Russian voice package for Google Speech Synthesizer. Speech synthesis works without a network connection
    10. The latest Russian language pack for offline speech recognition is preinstalled
    11. Added synchronization of Contacts and Calendar with Google account
    12. Time zones updated to the latest version
    13. Preinstalled ViPER4Android
    14. Added the ability to change the ringtone to any of the ringtones in the folder (not for all Bluetooth modules)
    15. Added the ability to change the default TTL to bypass restrictions on the distribution of the Internet from mobile devices
    16. Added script from b-max for reconnecting freezing USB hubs
      By default it is turned off, it can be turned on in the Mod Settings
    17. Added ability to disable full-screen keyboard
    18. Added the ability to transfer the status bar to the bottom of the screen (Experimental option)
    19. A list of applications that have access to USB devices has been made
      Allows you to get rid of the annoying request for access
    20. In Launcher, the date is displayed in the format corresponding to the setting in the "Date and Time" menu
    21. Added background for messages from CanBus app
    22. Contacts application turned on
    23. Contacts and Google applications now call via MTCDialer without additional settings
    24. A list of applications that allow to start the screen saver has been made
      You can add, for example, a third-party launcher or player
    25. Added a white list of applications that do not close when going to sleep, with the ability to configure
    26. A list of media players that restart after sleep has been made
      I have included a PCRadio player on this list. Now it starts playback correctly after waking up from sleep, if it was started while going to sleep
      In its settings, you must enable the switch "Resume playback when the application starts." You also need to remove it from the white list, if it was added to it.
    27. Added the ability to disable restarting applications that worked before going to sleep
    28. Made a list of navigational apps that muffle other sounds when playing voice prompts.
      The list should include all navigation applications, including the one that is set by default to the Navi button.
    29. Added the ability to assign the last launched navigation application to the Navi button, to switch between navigation and player
    30. A separate list of navigation applications using the Speech Synthesizer has been made to muffle other sounds when playing voice prompts
      To use it, you need to add the navigation application to the "List of navigational applications using TTS that muffle other sounds" and select "Text-to-speech engine that muffle other sounds"
    31. Added volume control in the style typical of AV equipment from the 7floor module
    32. Added the ability to display the volume control on top, in the middle or at the bottom of the screen
    33. Added the ability to adjust the time during which the volume control remains on the screen after changing the volume value
    34. A list of media players that should not work together has been made. This list is an addition to the corresponding system list.
      If one of the players included in this list is launched, then the rest are closed
    35. Added the ability to edit the list of applications that are switched by the Mode button
    36. Added the ability to select applications that will run instead of stock apps. You can start your player with a button on the steering wheel
    37. The size of the number on the volume control is increased and made white
    38. Added items to Settings: Home app (launcher selection), Navigation bar (located on the left in some firmwares), Start navigation after boot, Mobile network and For developers
    39. In Settings - About device, an item with system information has been added
    40. An on-screen power button has been made in the status bar.
      • Single tap - start the screen saver.
      • Double tap - take a screenshot.
      • Triple tap - kill the active application.
      • Long press - shutdown menu.
    41. Added items to the shutdown menu: Restart, Safe mode, Recovery mode
    42. Added the ability to disable all elements of the status bar
      Disabled by default: Home button, Storage icons, Volume and Screen brightness icons. The Back button is moved from right to left. All items are customizable
    43. Added the ability to lock the device as on regular Android system
      The lock is turned on after the device reboots or wakes up from sleep
      You can also turn on the lock after starting the Android screensaver or manually from the shutdown menu
    44. Added volume control depending on speed
    45. Added display of pop-up messages with media information from third-party media players.
      Third-party media players must be added to the appropriate list.
    46. Added list of applications that will work in full screen mode (immersive mode)
    47. In the Bluetooth application, the name field in the phone book is expanded
      During a call, if you minimize the notification, the lower part of the screen remains clickable
      Also, the notification does not overlap the status bar, if it is below
    48. Added display of pop-up messages with information about the track played through A2DP
      It is possible to adjust the size and color of the font and the duration of the message
    49. In the Video application, the playlist is expanded and the replay is disabled by default
      Sorting in alphabetical order, not case sensitive for lists of folders and tracks
    50. In the Music application, the playlist is expanded and the replay is disabled by default
      Added downloading lyrics from the network
      The player is paused when an incoming call or pressing the Mute button
      Sorted in alphabetical order, not case sensitive for lists of folders and tracks
      Added display of pop-up messages with information about the track being played. It is possible to adjust the size and color of the font and the duration of the message
      Skipped to the next folder in the list after playing the last track in the current folder in sequential playback mode
      Added the transition to the previous/next folders by the buttons of the steering wheel seekdown/seekup and by a long tap on the screen buttons prev/next
    51. Radio - the moving RDS text has been removed from the buttons of the saved stations. Added the ability to assign names to saved radio stations
      If the name for the stored frequency has not been previously set, text from RDS is proposed.
      Added display of pop-up messages with information about the radio station. It is possible to adjust the size and color of the font and the duration of the message
      Added the ability to select a group of radio stations
      If you are going to another place where other radio stations work, you can select another group and tune the stations again, and upon returning home, select the default group again and your settings will be restored
    52. Added custom parking lines. Thanks for Incognito+
    53. The functionality of Screensavers (Daydream) is included. This allows you to install any screensaver from the Play Market
      In order for the Android screensaver to work, it must be turned on in the Mod Settings
    54. A new screensaver has been added, which displays the time and date, information from players (not only stock ones), volume level, speed, as well as temperature and voltage if this data is available
      • To display the real temperature you need a CAN adapter and the presence of temperature in the status bar, and to display the voltage - MCU 2.93 and higher
      • It is possible to customize the appearance of the screen saver: colors, background image, maximum value for the speed indicator
      • There is a display of covers for most third-party players and radio station icons for PCRadio
      • For correct operation, I recommend adding your players to the "List of media players that should not work together"
      • There is a display of recommendations when moving along the route for Yandex.Navigator, Yandex.Maps, Google Maps, Sygic GPS Navigation & Maps
      • There is a temperature display from Yandex.Weather notification, if temperature data does not come from the CAN adapter
      • During the screen saver’s operation, the volume control is not shown
    55. Added the ability to select from 12 regular screen savers
    56. 6 launchers and their widgets (AY, GS, HCT2, HCT3, KGL, ZH) have been added to OEM.
    57. For Tasker fans, the ability to assign the numbers 1-9, 0, and the symbols * and # to the steering wheel buttons has been added.
      Intent = "com.microntek.report.event"
      Extra "type" = "key"
      Extra "value" = button code.
    58. Other changes aimed at improving stability and usability.
    59. A lot of work has been done to provide support for new Android 9 firmware, although this is not visible from the outside.
    The ideas of some improvements are taken from the module xposed-mtce-utils and other modules with permission of the author, MVG-V70. Thank him very much for that.
    But implemented without using the Xposed framework.
    Installation:
    When switching from any other firmware, user data will be cleared automatically!
    When upgrading from a previous version, wipe data is not required. But it is recommended if there are any problems.
    For stable operation of the device, it is recommended to update the MCU firmware to the latest: 3.40 and higher, or to the latest version available for your device
    You can obtain the MCU firmware from the seller of your HU or search in cs-x collection

Update from Android 9:
    The installation is similar to a regular firmware update
    1. Copy the firmware file update.zip to a USB flash drive / SD memory card formatted in FAT32
    2. Insert a USB flash drive / SD memory card into the device
    3. In the window that appears, click "Install"
    4. After installation, the device will automatically restart one more time to complete the installation of Magisk.
    When installing from a SD memory card, installation may take longer!

Update from Android 6, 8:
    Requires updating the recovery version to Android 9
    • Simple and safe way: Use the application ModInstaller Pro (link to the application in the readme.txt file, which is located in the archive with the firmware or in my signature at the bottom of this post)
    • Complicated and unsafe way: look for information in this thread
    Update from Android 8 with saving data:
    Only for PX5 devices!
    The archive contains 2 special packages that can be used to switch from Android 8 without data loss
    1. Connect to the HU with Android 8 firmware (Mod v3.x) one USB flash drive formatted in FAT32.
      There should be enough free space on the flash drive to save the device’s internal storage
    2. Install the package update.zip from the folder backup8 from the same flash drive or from the SD card
      A multivolume archive with your data (userdata*) will be created on the USB flash drive.
    3. Install mod v4.x by the method above
    4. After the full installation of Android 9, connect a USB flash drive with archive to the HU
    5. Install the package update.zip from the folder restore9 from the same flash drive or from the SD card
    6. Reboot the HU.
    The first boot of Android 9 after restoring the archive from Android 8 may last longer than usual. The system needs time to convert data
    This method does not guarantee full functionality of all third-party applications that were installed in Android 8.
    If you encounter any problems - reset device to factory settings

Additions:
    EasyConnected from stock firmware
    Automatic backlight control for PX5-based head units
    Internet speed in status bar
    Autostart applications

FAQ:
    Q: How to get OTA updates?
    A: Information is on my site. You will find the link in the archive with firmware or in my signature at the bottom of this post

Q: How to automatically install my applications after installing the firmware?
    A: Create the hct folder on the flash drive with the firmware, the apk folder in it and put your apk in it. They will be automatically installed after the installing the firmware.

Q: How to connect the OBD adapter?
    A: This can be done both from the Bluetooth application, and from the Bluetooth item in the settings. The main thing - before you click on the adapter found, you must wait until the scan finished. Wait until the spinning circle disappears in the Bluetooth application or until the inscription "Search..." changes to the inscription "Refresh" in Settings. Then pairing goes smoothly. If the phone is already connected, you will need to temporarily disconnect it.

Q: How to start any application from a button on the steering wheel?
    A: Mod settings - Manage applications - Applications that run instead of the stock . Assign any of the six applications that you don’t use to the button, then choose a replacement for it in the form of some kind of player, for example. This button will start your player

Q: Bluetooth MD725 does not work, although everything worked in Android 6!
    A: If the MD725 type 2 Bluetooth module is installed in your HU, then it will not work in Android 9. The reason is that its driver was removed from Android 9.

Q: How do I know if I have such a Bluetooth module?
    A: On the first page of the factory settings, in item BT, MD725 is selected. The getprop bt.md725.type command executed in the terminal answers "2"
    Solution: replace the module with type 1

Q: Bluetooth SD-968 does not work, although everything worked in Android 8!
    A: If the SD-968 Bluetooth module with firmware made in March 2017 or earlier is installed in your HU, then it works in Android 8, but does not work in Android 9.
    Solution: replace the module driver /system/bin/sdsdk968 with the old version. Do not forget to set permissions 755 on the file.
    Or replace the module with another type
    Known Issues:
    Mod is a modified factory firmware.
    I can only be responsible for the changes in the device that I made. All of them are listed in the "List of changes" section.
    Everything else, both good and bad, is inherited from the factory firmware.
    I try to fix bugs found in the stock, but this I can’t always do it.
    If you do not agree with this, do not install this firmware.
    • On some devices with a PX5 processor, the screen backlight sometimes does not turn on after exiting sleep mode.
      After rebooting the device with the RST button or turning off the ignition for about 20-30 seconds, it continues to work.
      The same problem exists on the stock and on newer version of the stock
    Download:
    PX5: Google Drive
    PX6: Google Drive
    PX30: Google Drive

If you want to help translate Mod into your language, please open this folder.
    When you decide to place your translation in this folder, send me a personal message with your Google email. I will give you access.
    If you think we need to translate other applications, write to me about it. I will add resources to the folder.

Version 4.0 screenshots
    Version 4.0 screenshots
    4.0.2 - 4.1.0 screenshots
    OTA package 4.0.2 is available for download.
    List of changes and screenshots in the first post.
    Yes, there will be a Mod 5.
    My doppelganger was a bit hasty with the deadline. :)