[ROM][PX6][STM32][9.0] Malaysk ROM for PX6 MCU STM32 RK3399 with Android 9

Search This thread
Apr 22, 2021
I have a PX6 RK3399 STM32 MCU. I am not sure about the DSP. Can I see it on the mainboard, because my equalizer application looks different.

Also is there the Source Code available. The original manufacturer is a company called bosom? I cant find it on the internet. Or are there any Schematics?

best regards

pinotuning

Jun 15, 2009
I have a PX6 RK3399 STM32 MCU. I am not sure about the DSP. Can I see it on the mainboard, because my equalizer application looks different.

Also is there the Source Code available. The original manufacturer is a company called bosom? I cant find it on the internet. Or are there any Schematics?

best regards
the dsp version has 30 bands equalizer ! does your equalizer have 30 bands?
if it has 12 bands you don't have dsp

Last edited:

plantschi35

Dec 17, 2007
Hi everyone, I would like to know if there is any way to install the ROM as a downgrade. I have a PX6 with STM32 MCU from EUNAVI with DSP. OS version is KC1E0120. I tried to install the light version using the SD card as described in the description. Since my OS version has a higher version number, I was informed that my OS is up-to-date. Then I created a bootable SD card. The boot from SD works, but the touchscreen does not respond. I managed to use the device with a USB keyboard, but I only get to the message that the SD card cannot be mounted with the information "invalid argument". I tested versions 104 and 112. Always with the same mistake. Does anyone still have an idea or maybe a newer version of the Light / Full-Rom is coming?

Attachments

• IMG_20210404_193028.jpg
    IMG_20210404_193028.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 215
  • IMG_20210425_175531.jpg
    IMG_20210425_175531.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 218

pinotuning

Jun 15, 2009
Hi everyone, I would like to know if there is any way to install the ROM as a downgrade. I have a PX6 with STM32 MCU from EUNAVI with DSP. OS version is KC1E0120. I tried to install the light version using the SD card as described in the description. Since my OS version has a higher version number, I was informed that my OS is up-to-date. Then I created a bootable SD card. The boot from SD works, but the touchscreen does not respond. I managed to use the device with a USB keyboard, but I only get to the message that the SD card cannot be mounted with the information "invalid argument". I tested versions 104 and 112. Always with the same mistake. Does anyone still have an idea or maybe a newer version of the Light / Full-Rom is coming?
you are making a lot of mistakes ! Malaysk rom installs from usb !! not with sd card !
download light version (dsp) and copy to a usb stick ...
no matter the version of your original firmware! these units always say it's the latest version .... that's not true !
version 104 and 112 are used only to repair in case of brick ! think you are confused !
I advise you to read the first post better...

Last edited:

plantschi35

Dec 17, 2007
you are making a lot of mistakes ! Malaysk rom installs from usb !! not with sd card !
download light version (dsp) and copy to a usb stick ...
no matter the version of your original firmware! these units always say it's the latest version .... that's not true !
version 104 and 112 are used only to repair in case of brick ! think you are confused !
I advise you to read the first post better...
Hey, thank for reply, but this is, what I Do first. I put the Light Version on a USB Stick, 16 GB, Format Fat 32 with 32 Kb Blocksize.My Unit has 2 USB Ports, I tried both, but it doesnt work. After this I tried to Boot by sd and got the errors which I posted before. This is the problem, Why I asked for an newer version.

pinotuning

Jun 15, 2009
Hey, thank for reply, but this is, what I Do first. I put the Light Version on a USB Stick, 16 GB, Format Fat 32 with 32 Kb Blocksize.My Unit has 2 USB Ports, I tried both, but it doesnt work. After this I tried to Boot by sd and got the errors which I posted before. This is the problem, Why I asked for an newer version.
be careful because your unit is different and has an old resolution (800x480)
malaysk firmware has 1024x600 resolution !
maybe this is the problem but I'm not sure.....
firmware 104/112 from sd card is only needed if your unit is brick !

Last edited:

bommelkopp

May 18, 2014
ZTE Axon 7
I am interested in that device:
8" Car Radio Stereo GPS Navi PX6 Android 10 Universal 4GB+64GB BT DAB Carplay FM
Seller says MCU is STM32, and he said that the unit could not differentiate between short and long press on SWC (like my old MCTD/E did).
So: has anyone some experience in that and can tell me if Malaysk should work, and also with short and long on SWC?

And: Unit has no DSP... Is it a big difference to unit WITH dsp?

Thanks

joao_20

Aug 25, 2010
Lisbon
Hello, i have the exact same unit as plantschi35, dsp version, and came with the OS version KC1E0120. My question is if i can install the Malaysk rom in my unit without any problems.
Regards to all

herrdoktor

Jun 1, 2010
I have a new Bosion 10 inch with PX6 4GB Ram, 64GB storage. STM32. RK3399. I have tried multiple USB sticks each formated to fat 32 with the Malay Rom Light no DSP. The head unit will not see the OS update. Does anyone know what could be wrong? It acts like maybe the OS is blocking it.

bicer79

Jun 7, 2016
Kıprıs
I need an updated MCU file.

try everything. but volume up and back touch are always confused.

teaching the keys many times, but working incorrectly in time

Attachments

• IMG_20210515_130831.jpg
    IMG_20210515_130831.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 92
  • IMG_20210515_130839.jpg
    IMG_20210515_130839.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 87
Last edited:

Arkious

Oct 2, 2019
Hello Everyone, I have a RK3399 PX6 unit that i am wanting to use with an external touch screen driven via USB and HDMI. Now the screen is only 800x480 and the HDMI puts out more than that and I cant see anyway of changing it via the stock firmware. Will this firmware support such a change? Also the touch screen only seems to work half way for some reason at present but works fine when plugged into a PC, any ideas?

My hardware is as follows

KC1E0113-PA1-1.1.4.3.1 - BLINK161 - 20191212 - N3
STM32-20191028-11-KC6-41

Before I attempt to install, will the modified firmware work on this?

Many thanks :)

Sealant

Mar 12, 2015
Hi!

Is in this rom is possible to turn off radio app from autostart? This is so annoying.. If there are no way to remove radio app from autostart i will back my device to seller.. I have yet 15 days for free refound..

And second question.. Is seller lie? I have stm32 and he say that its 10 android but there are api 28 not 29.. so is it android 9? My last device which i refund had android 9 but api 23 xD so that was android 6..

EuNavi 4g 64gb px6 dsp 7803a.. Is it good radio guys? I have already now... Sound are amazing.. But system are annoying

herrdoktor

Jun 1, 2010
Install a different Launcher. I use Nova Launcher. Free or paid. Using Nova Launcher from the App Store stopped my radio from starting every time it boots up. Lets you set your screens up as you wish.

storm_712

Apr 4, 2009
Hi!

Is in this rom is possible to turn off radio app from autostart? This is so annoying.. If there are no way to remove radio app from autostart i will back my device to seller.. I have yet 15 days for free refound..

And second question.. Is seller lie? I have stm32 and he say that its 10 android but there are api 28 not 29.. so is it android 9? My last device which i refund had android 9 but api 23 xD so that was android 6..

EuNavi 4g 64gb px6 dsp 7803a.. Is it good radio guys? I have already now... Sound are amazing.. But system are annoying
Same problem,the seller it s a ....

Oct 15, 2019
Hello everyone after loading an Android 10 firmware in my device everything works but when I put the reverse gear the rear view camera doesn't work it tells me no video input. what can i do to get it working again?

dj_vts

Nov 17, 2005
Hi, I tried to connect a PlayStation classic (mini) through HDMI port on my Bosion PX6 4/64 that has Malaysk rom full paid, but I get “No video input” on the AUX app. I think the PlayStation is 1280x720 resolution, so maybe that’s the reason?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Only for devices processor Rockchip PX6, MCU - STM32.
    Mod Pie 9.0 Android PX6 STM32 RK3399

Not suitable for those who have a real 10 android installed. Install the Device Info HW application in Google Market and look at the API level. 28 API - 9 android, 29 API - 10 android.

Please excuse me. I'm bad at spelling in english. I use the translator Google. I rarely answer questions in private messages and on the forum. Sorry.
    How to find out if your device is suitable for this forum thread? You can see of the device in Settings - System - About device :

To find out if you have a DSP sound processor or not, go to the equalizer application:

WITHOUT DSP:

WITH DSP:

What is added, changed in Lite version:
    LITE firmware version:
    Full Root Access (SuperSU)
    Added ESFileExplorer, RootExplorer, PlanetsPack live wallpapers.
    One modified STM32 launcher with GPS speed display and settings.
    Changed the main Settings.
    Ad Blocking (in Mod Settings)
    Added to Mod Settings - Developer options
    Many other changes and additions.
    Video LITE firmware version:
    For STM32 PX6 NO DSP sound processor:
    Download LITE version NO DSP:
    https://disk.yandex.ru/d/EAqPyOwhHW5egQ
    Mirror LITE version NO DSP: https://mega.nz/file/Vo5CTJKS#-pNAN-SlTTiTVw-3cywGIHOVRaYh3WRL7KXkvA9-2yA
    For STM32 PX6 WITH DSP sound processor:
    Download LITE version WITH DSP:
    https://disk.yandex.ru/d/NabJF01gZ31AbA
    Mirror LITE version WITH DSP: https://mega.nz/file/NhwBVRJZ#VgGDs3jVh7X04SFzEYIg1h6tSgW-r9CzPc3qv5mV654

Due to the release of new versions of devices, the full version of the firmware may work incorrectly on new revisions of devices. The distribution of the FULL version of the firmware has been temporarily suspended for such devices.
    If the LITE version works for you without problems, then you can certainly upgrade to the FULL version of the firmware!

------------------------------------------------------------------------
    We try to install the firmware according to the instructions written below. If everything is fine and everything works for you! and you need more features and additions, you can get the full version of the firmware.Download the LITE version, in the archive along with the firmware there is an instruction in English and Russian. It describes how to install the firmware and how to get the full version of the firmware!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Full firmware version:
    What is added and changed in the full version (not everything is written):

Full root access (including system partition)
    Five fully modified launchers with the ability to view tags for listening to music (any music application), Bluetooth-music and radio stations.
    The ability to configure Launchers (enable, disable unnecessary functions in the settings) and weather settings in them and display speed via GPS.
    5 types of screen savers with analog and digital clocks, with the ability to display GPS speed, weather, tags for listening to music (any music application),
    Bluetooth music and radio stations from the Radio app. Full customization of screensavers - color, font, disabling unnecessary functions, the logo of your car, etc. In the settings.
    Change the appearance of the screen saver - hold your finger in the center of the screen for 3-5 seconds - the view will change. Other screensavers are in the OEM application.
    Changed the volume bar.
    Fully customizable panel status with the ability to enable and disable buttons and icons in it in the settings.
    A reboot key has been added to the status bar.
    Added screensaver buttons to the status bar (you can enable - disable in the settings).
    Changed the music of the incoming call.
    The screensaver now starts in all programs, in the Mod Settings there is a White List of applications where you can specify applications where the screensaver will not start (Located in Mod Settings - Mod Settings - Screensaver Settings).
    The ability to change the DPI of the screen resolution from 160 to 260 dpi (found in Mod Settings - Settings Mod - System Settings).
    Added equalizer ViperFX - settings can be viewed on the video
    Changed Bluetooth Music app.
    The Music, Radio applications have been completely changed with the ability to set your photo or logo (you need to copy your pictures to the root of internal memory 0).
    The keyboard is replaced by SwiftKey.
    5 different types of screensaver applications have been added in the OEM application - Go into the OEM application and install the application from there
    You can execute your scripts in the System/etc/Init.d folder
    Added PCRadio online radio with support for notifications.
    Added ad blocker. Located in the mod settings - Basic Settings - AdBloc
    Mod settings - MOD Settings - System settings - added automatic screen brightness via GPS.
    Mod settings - Basic settings - added developer options.
    Four custom buttons have been added to screensavers to launch your programs.
    - Long press on the button - application selection.
    - Short press on the button - launch the application.
    Added the ability to automatically adjust sound by GPS speed - found in Mod Settings - MOD Settings - System Settings - Auto volume control by GPS.
    Added the ability to set pop-up messages about playing Music, Radio, Bluetooth music and PCRadio - located in Mod Settings - MOD Settings - System Settings - Pop-up Message Settings.
    Who had problems with USB ports or WiFi loss - fixed.
    Initialization of USB and WiFi after a full system boot and after sleep.
    Also added to Mod Settings - Mod Settings - Launchers launcher settings. You can customize the display of the main screen.
    - Clock, GPS speed, Weather, or choose to display your logo (download the logo on the Internet (for example, the logo of a BMW car),
    in PNG format and preferably with a transparent backing and copy the file to the device’s internal memory)
    set the time for displaying music and radio notifications in the Mod Settings from 1 to 10 seconds.
    A huge number of other corrections and additions.
    Video of the full version of the firmware:

FULL firmware update version 2.2 dated July 29, 2020.

Made on the basis of factory firmware:
    WITHOUT DSP - from July 17, 2020
    With DSP - from July 22, 2020

A lot of fixes and additions (compared to version 2.0)
    Fixed STM32NEW launcher.
    4 different kinds of Music app have been added to OEM app.
    New items have been added to Mod Settings - Mod settings - System settings:
    FIX GPS - frequency increased to 10 Hz. Optimization of work on CPU cores has been made to eliminate parser brakes. after a cold start, satellites are caught within 1-2 minutes, after a reboot and after sleep - instantly. (by default - Off)
    Setting the sound volume, which was before shutdown (before that there was always 15 divisions by default)
    etc. (it takes a very long time to describe everything)

Who already has the full version 2.0 - please write to me by e-mail (do not forget to indicate which firmware is C DSP or WITHOUT DSP) and I will send you an update. (do not write in private messages on the forum, I do not reply in it)
    If someone does not have the rear camera working - I will send another firmware for the device WITHOUT DSP on which the rear camera will work!
    The distribution of the FULL version of the firmware has been temporarily suspended.

Thank you so much for the invaluable help in creating the firmware mod for the user with forum XDA Graser_SJ !! Without his help, this mod would not have appeared!
    Service firmware for devices without DSP, who mistakenly installed firmware for DSP and lost sound.

Install only to those who can not return the sound !!!
    Based on my LITE mod for devices without DSP with full Root access and a modified launcher.
    ATTENTION: after the firmware, everything will be reset for you - the touch will become mirror and will change LEFT-RIGHT. The buttons on the panel will not work!

And maybe all the settings of the device will be reset. You need to rewrite all your settings as they are put on a piece of paper or take their photo.
    After flashing, you need to configure the touch and configure the buttons again. I am enclosing the photo below where it is located. Go to Settings - Car-related settings - Setting the touchscreen and button on panel. As you configure, you need to reboot.
    I want to warn you: everything that you do, you do at your own peril and risk, and you decide whether to do it or not.
    Download: https://mega.nz/file/k1RAGACC#HwBV4jzTsgkb5GLxBl00VghQOabwdnShrpeKKiY4vOU

I made a recovery firmware in .img, for those who do not boot the device or a complete "brick" with a normal screen resolution.

1. For those who have an sd slot in the device.
    2. Who connected USB OTG inside the device on the motherboard.

The archive contains:
    STM32_KC1E0112-P01-1.1.4.3.1_20200118.img - the recovery firmware itself
    SDDiskTool_v1.57.cab - a program for creating a bootable sd card for those who have an sd slot in the device
    DriverAssitant_v4.91.zip - drivers for connecting USB OTG
    RKDevTool_Release_v2.73.zip - program for flashing via USB OTG

Read about USB OTG here (thanks to a_vtom for instructions):
    1. https://4pda.to/forum/index.php?showtopic=963715&st=1960#entry97310017
    2. https://4pda.to/forum/index.php?showtopic=963715&view=findpost&p=97431746

I checked the recovery of the device with this firmware personally, via USB OTG.

Download: https://mega.nz/file/5t5H2YjT#0EMBlZ-4YDhyNAxK7M5xzJFnIhqC7_bZDlaV37Pxz0g
    Great work mate - many thanks. Any chance of improving the GPS locking times for the STM32 like you did for the MTCx PX6 units?
    Ok, I will try. But I add that on stock music player, radio and bluetooth player I can change, play/pause music with out any problems. Problem is only on no stock apps liike yt...

Guys, this is only the first version of the firmware. I have a lot of improvements in my plans. Including the problems you described.

I ask you to excuse me in advance - I very rarely reply on the forum and in private messages. I physically run out of time.
    FULL firmware update version 2.2 dated July 29, 2020.
    Made on the basis of factory firmware:
    WITHOUT DSP - from July 17, 2020
    With DSP - from July 22, 2020
    A lot of fixes and additions (compared to version 2.0)
    Fixed STM32NEW launcher.
    4 different kinds of Music app have been added to OEM app.
    New items have been added to Mod Settings - Mod settings - System settings:
    FIX GPS - frequency increased to 10 Hz. Optimization of work on CPU cores has been made to eliminate parser brakes. after a cold start, satellites are caught within 1-2 minutes, after a reboot and after sleep - instantly. (by default - Off)
    Setting the sound volume, which was before shutdown (before that there was always 15 divisions by default)
    etc. (it takes a very long time to describe everything)

Who already has the full version 2.0 - please write to me by e-mail (do not forget to indicate which firmware is C DSP or WITHOUT DSP) and I will send you an update. (do not write in private messages on the forum, I do not reply in it)
    If someone does not have the rear camera working - I will send another firmware for the device WITHOUT DSP on which the rear camera will work!
    yeah seriously. having been a member of these forums for many years now, i've seen hundreds of roms over the course of my dozens of devices have roms been developed for them. some rubbish, some amazing. But none have ever "required" a "donation" for them to use them. It does completely go against what this forum is all about. Sure have the option to donate, people will do if they see fit and the ROM is working well for them. I've donated personally a bunch of times to the people who have put time and effort into cooking up a decent ROM. But most of the time people make these ROMS because they want to, because they want to see what they can do with the hardware, because they are tinkerers who like to play around and do something for the benefit of all.
    Of course you are free to ask for money all you want, but IMO and i'm sure, of a majority of people who know and use these forums, it is a bit of a '**** move' and you are better off finding some other forum to peddle your wares in.

What makes matters worse is that you are not at all clear in your posts that a) that the "FULL" version is a paid for thing. b) there is no mention of how much money you are demanding for access to the 'FULL' ROM and c) you admit that you don't reply to PM's or forum replies... so your level of support, despite charging a fee for a ROM , is severely lacking.

my 2p worth.

I think you got it all wrong. We awaited long but patiently for Malaysk development of custom ROM for our device. You don't need to pay, I personally use standard free version since June and I'm happy user. Would I like full version? of course. Do I need it? May be, but as of now free version that is much better than original. Free version has all features that are in original version. Full PAID version gives you more control more access and nice additions that required time and effort to create. Malays has dedicated his time to development of various MTC devices scarifying his personal/family life. So say thanks for Malaysk for fixing STM32 ROM and enjoy free version. If you need full version you can get it also but you need to buy him "a cup of coffee".