bugs
- no

Download

credits
- thanks to resurrection remix OS team for the sources of the ROM
- thanks to @whodat711 for the vendor and common sources

Sources
- ROM https://github.com/ResurrectionRemix
- Kernel https://github.com/motoe5/android_kernel_motorola_msm8937 (twerk-X)
- vendor https://gitlab.com/the-flash/proprietary_vendor_motorola

greetings and enjoy

Last edited:

Korin67

Feb 24, 2018
Thank you. I found it works great. Now we have one option other than LOS for nora. nora was not abandoned (lol)! Where is android_device_motorola_nora? I cannot find it.

Edit: What I noticed is about data connection. Phone and SMS seems okay but internet access via SIM does not work. Is it my personal issue?

Last edited:
Reactions: FPSensor

FPSensor

Dec 22, 2020
Thank you. I found it works great. Now we have one option other than LOS for nora. nora was not abandoned (lol)! Where is android_device_motorola_nora? I cannot find it.

Edit: What I noticed is about data connection. Phone and SMS seems okay but internet access via SIM does not work. Is it my personal issue?
on the device tree search in google

I will confirm your problem with the mobile network later.
have patience

FPSensor

Dec 22, 2020
I flashed the ROM on my device today and most things seem to be working fine, inclidung mobile internet. However I'm having the exact same video/audio recording issues that I had with the LineageOS ROM for Nora. (see here https://xdaforums.com/t/rom-10-0-0_...-e5-nora-recovery-64bit.4235721/post-85658449 )

I have noticed both ROMs use the same kernel. Could that be the issue and does anybody know who to contact to make the issue known?
Did you try to change the camera application that comes by default for another?

froggeroo

Sep 19, 2021
Did you try to change the camera application that comes by default for another?

Yes, I checked both the default app and used Open Camera. The problem is exactly the same in both cases. I have also found that the problem only seems to start appearing after you turn off the phone for the first time. Still worked fine on the very first boot up and generally I think the phone might have to be running for a while (15 mins or so) for the problem to appear.

I also took a quick look at the gitlab link for the vendor files and as the most recent commit it mentions "Nuke useless camera blobs". Any chance those blobs might not have been all that useless after all?

Edit: the gitlab also says something like "Lineage 17.1" at the top, so I assume those vendor files are also shared between both ROMs?

FPSensor

Dec 22, 2020
Yes, I checked both the default app and used Open Camera. The problem is exactly the same in both cases. I have also found that the problem only seems to start appearing after you turn off the phone for the first time. Still worked fine on the very first boot up and generally I think the phone might have to be running for a while (15 mins or so) for the problem to appear.

I also took a quick look at the gitlab link for the vendor files and as the most recent commit it mentions "Nuke useless camera blobs". Any chance those blobs might not have been all that useless after all?

Edit: the gitlab also says something like "Lineage 17.1" at the top, so I assume those vendor files are also shared between both ROMs?
Nora xt1944-4?

froggeroo

Sep 19, 2021
@G.Kart or anyone else who might know: Do you think the missing camera blobs innthe vendor files might be a probable or at least possible explanation of the issue? If so, is it possible to just flash an older version of the vendor files on the current device or would that require a reset or recompiling of the whole ROM?

FPSensor

Dec 22, 2020
This one produces completely broken videos (photos are fine). I can only find them in the gallery app (not in VLC) and play them in neither.
The camera in devices where it usually fails with that camera is fixed but in your case I do not know what is happening
for other models the camera works so the blobs are not the problem (or at least I don't think so)

froggeroo

Sep 19, 2021
for other models the camera works so the blobs are not the problem (or at least I don't think so)

If I'm reading the gitlab correctly, it's only nora that seems to have some camera blobs removed. The commit is only mentioned in the nora folder.

If it's easy to put in the old vendor files, I'm willing to give it a shot either way, but I'm not sure what would be the correct way to do that.

FPSensor

Dec 22, 2020
If I'm reading the gitlab correctly, it's only nora that seems to have some camera blobs removed. The commit is only mentioned in the nora folder.

If it's easy to put in the old vendor files, I'm willing to give it a shot either way, but I'm not sure what would be the correct way to do that.
Need rebuild

froggeroo

Sep 19, 2021
That's unfortunate. I did manage to narrow down the problem quite a bit more though which might also help with reproducing it. The problem actually doesn't occur with the first reboot, as I first suspected, but rather it occurs after you turn off the screen/put the phone to sleep.

So immediately after you boot up the phone the camera still records video fine (sometimes the app crashes after reboot though and cannot be opened, another reboot fixes it). But after you put the phone to sleep by pressing the power button (probably also if it goes to sleep automatically) the discrepancy starts showing up. So if you put your phone to sleep for five minutes and record a two second video, the resulting video will be 5:02 with the sound at the beginning and video at the end. If you put the phone to sleep again, the video length of the next video increases by about the same amount.

So the video length = actual video length + (time phone has been asleep since last reboot - 10 seconds or so). If you only put the phone to sleep for a few seconds, the discrepancy doesn't start yet, it has to be asleep for ~10 seconds or more.
So if anyone has the same device, they can try reproducing it by booting up the phone, taking a 5 second video, putting the phone to sleep for a few mins and then taking another 5 second video. The second video should then be of excess length.

So my guess would be that either the audio recording and video recording functionalities use different variables for timekeeping in the first place (time active vs time turned on) or that putting the phone to sleep kills some sort of time keeping functionality (maybe to conserve battery?) that the audio recording relies on while leaving the video equivalent untouched or vice versa.

froggeroo

Sep 19, 2021
Additional information: This is the crash report I got when the camers app crashed on me before I even opened it the first time (usually doesn't happen). Not sure if it's related to the other bug or whether there's a pattern behind the crashing:

These are some error reports I got when trying to record a video with "Simple Camera App" from.the F-Droid store. Also not sure if it's related because that app doesnt even work for taking pictures.

IMG_20210928_113715.jpg

IMG_20210928_113734.jpg

The default app, Open Camera and Focal all record photos and videos, but the videos all have the length/timekeeping problems. The app you that was linked here also crashed when trying to take a video.

FPSensor

Dec 22, 2020
That's unfortunate. I did manage to narrow down the problem quite a bit more though which might also help with reproducing it. The problem actually doesn't occur with the first reboot, as I first suspected, but rather it occurs after you turn off the screen/put the phone to sleep.

So immediately after you boot up the phone the camera still records video fine (sometimes the app crashes after reboot though and cannot be opened, another reboot fixes it). But after you put the phone to sleep by pressing the power button (probably also if it goes to sleep automatically) the discrepancy starts showing up. So if you put your phone to sleep for five minutes and record a two second video, the resulting video will be 5:02 with the sound at the beginning and video at the end. If you put the phone to sleep again, the video length of the next video increases by about the same amount.

So the video length = actual video length + (time phone has been asleep since last reboot - 10 seconds or so). If you only put the phone to sleep for a few seconds, the discrepancy doesn't start yet, it has to be asleep for ~10 seconds or more.
So if anyone has the same device, they can try reproducing it by booting up the phone, taking a 5 second video, putting the phone to sleep for a few mins and then taking another 5 second video. The second video should then be of excess length.

So my guess would be that either the audio recording and video recording functionalities use different variables for timekeeping in the first place (time active vs time turned on) or that putting the phone to sleep kills some sort of time keeping functionality (maybe to conserve battery?) that the audio recording relies on while leaving the video equivalent untouched or vice versa
try using other gapps

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.