[ROM][Q/R] Unofficial, optimized LineageOS 18.1 (Feb. 27th) & LineageOS 17.1 (Feb. 6th)

Djiban

Aug 22, 2014
Saint Remy les chevreuse
A new 18.1 build is available! It brings some improvements and optimizations under the hood (both for the Android RunTime and for the sqlite & zlib libraries), and the latest updates from the LineageOS team. This build also supports my OTA updates: you'll be able to update to the next one via the Updater (right now, if you search for updates, you'll probably see an error, it's normal - it'll be fixed when the new build comes).
Starting from the next build, 18.1 will feature my custom kernel as well.
Hello, thanks for the hard work. Do you mean that January 21st build is just waiting for the next builds to be available online, or the first next build will be the first one to really support OTA ?
Any idea of the date of next LOS 18.1 build uploads from you? So I'll tell you if OTA works fine for me.

Last edited:

Tomoms

Feb 15, 2014
Trieste
Manual network search will be fixed in the next 18.1 build as well, and the fix has been merged into the official repos, so starting from the next official nightly it'll be working for everybody!

Do you mean that January 21st build is just waiting for the next builds to be available online [...]
Exactly. If you install this Jan. 21st build, as soon as the new one comes out, you'll be able to update via the OTA Updater. I don't know when the next build will come, probably in 3 to 5 days. Keep an eye on this thread and you'll be up-to-date :)

Reactions: mrhamed and Djiban

nullington

Sep 10, 2011
Google play services did not work for me after dirty flashing to the 22. jan build. I flashed gapps manually and reinstalled some google apps to get my phone into a good state.

Last edited:

nullington

Sep 10, 2011
Hello Nulligton,
I have the same issue. Did you manage to fix it?
I did not.
I found a reddit post about a similar problem from more than 2 years ago and tried different modems/basebands as suggested there, but it still happens, perhaps less frequently though.
OnePlus One Baseband Report

Modems/basebands:

Last edited:

Djiban

Aug 22, 2014
Saint Remy les chevreuse
I did not.
I found a reddit post about a similar problem from more than 2 years ago and tried different modems/basebands as suggested there, but it still happens, perhaps less frequently though.
OnePlus One Baseband Report

Modems/basebands:
Did you plan to try other fix method, or no idea at the moment?

Tomoms

Feb 15, 2014
Trieste
How to fix ACCESS_BACKGROUND_LOCATION issue (not checked in microg of magisk) ?
Hmm... I've never had issues with location permissions when using MicroG, maybe you can try these commands: https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...dkey-fdroid-and-microg.4086371/#post-82401769
Replacing ACCESS_FINE_LOCATION with ACCESS_BACKGROUND_LOCATION...

On lineage-18.1-20210121-UNOFFICIAL-Tom-bacon-signed. Boot loop after enabling encryption. Tried /data with both ext4 and f2fs format. Any ideas?
Nope, sorry, but I'll get back to you with some debugging ideas. Maybe you were hit by these bugs: https://gitlab.com/LineageOS/issues/android/-/issues/2682 https://gitlab.com/LineageOS/issues/android/-/issues/2044

Reactions: greatestandroidfan