[ROM][R][bacon] Unofficial, optimized LineageOS 18.1 - March 11th

Search This thread

Djiban

Aug 22, 2014
Saint Remy les chevreuse
A new 18.1 build is available! It brings some improvements and optimizations under the hood (both for the Android RunTime and for the sqlite & zlib libraries), and the latest updates from the LineageOS team. This build also supports my OTA updates: you'll be able to update to the next one via the Updater (right now, if you search for updates, you'll probably see an error, it's normal - it'll be fixed when the new build comes).
Starting from the next build, 18.1 will feature my custom kernel as well.
Hello, thanks for the hard work. Do you mean that January 21st build is just waiting for the next builds to be available online, or the first next build will be the first one to really support OTA ?
Any idea of the date of next LOS 18.1 build uploads from you? So I'll tell you if OTA works fine for me.

Last edited:

Tomoms

Feb 15, 2014
OnePlus One
Essential Phone
Manual network search will be fixed in the next 18.1 build as well, and the fix has been merged into the official repos, so starting from the next official nightly it'll be working for everybody!

Do you mean that January 21st build is just waiting for the next builds to be available online [...]
Exactly. If you install this Jan. 21st build, as soon as the new one comes out, you'll be able to update via the OTA Updater. I don't know when the next build will come, probably in 3 to 5 days. Keep an eye on this thread and you'll be up-to-date :)

Reactions: mrhamed and Djiban

nullington

Sep 10, 2011
Google play services did not work for me after dirty flashing to the 22. jan build. I flashed gapps manually and reinstalled some google apps to get my phone into a good state.

Last edited:

nullington

Sep 10, 2011
Hello Nulligton,
I have the same issue. Did you manage to fix it?
I did not.
I found a reddit post about a similar problem from more than 2 years ago and tried different modems/basebands as suggested there, but it still happens, perhaps less frequently though.
OnePlus One Baseband Report

Modems/basebands:

Last edited:

Djiban

Aug 22, 2014
Saint Remy les chevreuse
I did not.
I found a reddit post about a similar problem from more than 2 years ago and tried different modems/basebands as suggested there, but it still happens, perhaps less frequently though.
OnePlus One Baseband Report

Modems/basebands:
Did you plan to try other fix method, or no idea at the moment?

greatestandroidfan

Aug 12, 2010
On lineage-18.1-20210121-UNOFFICIAL-Tom-bacon-signed. Boot loop after enabling encryption. Tried /data with both ext4 and f2fs format. Any ideas?

Last edited:

Tomoms

Feb 15, 2014
OnePlus One
Essential Phone
How to fix ACCESS_BACKGROUND_LOCATION issue (not checked in microg of magisk) ?
Hmm... I've never had issues with location permissions when using MicroG, maybe you can try these commands: https://xdaforums.com/t/rom-10-unof...dkey-fdroid-and-microg.4086371/#post-82401769
Replacing ACCESS_FINE_LOCATION with ACCESS_BACKGROUND_LOCATION...

On lineage-18.1-20210121-UNOFFICIAL-Tom-bacon-signed. Boot loop after enabling encryption. Tried /data with both ext4 and f2fs format. Any ideas?
Nope, sorry, but I'll get back to you with some debugging ideas. Maybe you were hit by these bugs: https://gitlab.com/LineageOS/issues/android/-/issues/2682 https://gitlab.com/LineageOS/issues/android/-/issues/2044

Reactions: greatestandroidfan

Android-4-Life

Feb 1, 2021
Currently, I am unable to get my OnePlus One 64GB working with the latest build of the LineageOS 18.1 ROM here. If I flash the ROM in TWRP either as just the ROM itself (no GApps) or with BiTGApps, the phone will boot into a blank black screen (I can still access the power menu to shut down or restart, access the emergency dialer screen, and I can see the volume pop-up if I press the volume buttons, but I can't use or access anything else); if I flash the ROM with the unofficial OpenGApps Android 11 pico package provided, my OnePlus One stays stuck on the white "Just a sec" screen with the spinning blue circle after selecting the language on the first screen.

So far, I have completely wiped my phone with TWRP (system, data, cache, internal storage), tried both EXT4 and F2FS file systems, updated from TWRP 3.3.1.0 to 3.5.0_9-0, have downloaded the ROM using two different computers on two separate Internet connections, have used two different known-working Micro USB cables to transfer the ROM onto the phone, done a clean reflash of the ROM in TWRP multiple times (completely wiping the phone each time before flashing), tried flashing older versions of the 18.1 ROM, and have restarted the phone multiple times after it boots; all without success in getting my OnePlus One to properly load this LineageOS 18.1 ROM.

Is there something that I'm missing here, perhaps? Is there anything else I should do or try to get this LineageOS 18.1 ROM working on my OnePlus One? Please note that before I tried flashing this ROM, my OnePlus One was working perfectly without issue on LineageOS 17.1. Also, I have never used any encryption on my OnePlus One.

Last edited:

Tomoms

Feb 15, 2014
OnePlus One
Essential Phone
Hi. Is tethering working for you?
Unfortunately I have to delay the new build a little bit. I hadn't got time to finish all the stuff I wanted to do before building. I guess the new update will come tomorrow or on Wednesday.

Currently, I am unable to get my OnePlus One 64GB working with the latest build of the LineageOS 18.1 ROM here. If I flash the ROM in TWRP either as just the ROM itself (no GApps) or with BiTGApps, the phone will boot into a blank black screen (I can still access the power menu to shut down or restart, access the emergency dialer screen, and I can see the volume pop-up if I press the volume buttons, but I can't use or access anything else); if I flash the ROM with the unofficial OpenGApps Android 11 pico package provided, my OnePlus One stays stuck on the white "Just a sec" screen with the spinning blue circle after selecting the language on the first screen.

So far, I have completely wiped my phone with TWRP (system, data, cache, internal storage), tried both EXT4 and F2FS file systems, updated from TWRP 3.3.1.0 to 3.5.0_9-0, have downloaded the ROM using two different computers on two separate Internet connections, have used two different known-working Micro USB cables to transfer the ROM onto the phone, done a clean reflash of the ROM in TWRP multiple times (completely wiping the phone each time before flashing), tried flashing older versions of the 18.1 ROM, and have restarted the phone multiple times after it boots; all without success in getting my OnePlus One to properly load this LineageOS 18.1 ROM.

Is there something that I'm missing here, perhaps? Is there anything else I should do or try to get this LineageOS 18.1 ROM working on my OnePlus One? Please note that before I tried flashing this ROM, my OnePlus One was working perfectly without issue on LineageOS 17.1. Also, I have never used any encryption on my OnePlus One.
Hmm, this is very strange. I'd say, just wait for the new build, which is coming very soon, and try again.

Reactions: Android-4-Life

LonelyHarp

Aug 21, 2017
I think my LineageOS 16.0 ROM had got that commit. Now my 17.1 hasn't got it anymore IIRC, but Viper4Android FX is working totally fine for me, if you follow the link I put in the 2nd post of the thread. Are you facing any problem?
yes, im trying to use wavelett app and get this error. would it be possible to get this commit in 17.1?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi! Yesterday I released a new build.
    LineageOS 18.1 is officially dead as of late February 2024. Starting from March, Google will not publish the security patches for Android 11 anymore. This means it is up to the community to analyze each vulnerability and understand if it affects Android 11 too, and if so backport the patch. But without an official statement from the experts at Google, we as a community cannot be sure we correctly identified all the monthly vulnerabilities that affect Android 11. For this reason, from now on, even though I will keep building roughly every two months picking the latest security patches available, the security version string in Settings > About phone > Android version will always indicate "February 5, 2024", as that is the last security release we have official information about.
    In this thread I'll share with you my personal builds of LineageOS 18.1 for the Oneplus One codename: bacon (older builds of 17.1, 16 and 15.1 are still downloadable). This project is inspired by idprophecy's LineageOS builds, to which I want to add my favorite features and, possibly, even more optimizations and improvements.

MAIN FEATURES
    LineageOS 18.1 features:
    • support for MicroG (signature spoofing) - read the 2nd post!
    • improved & updated libraries: sqlite, zlib, libpng, jemalloc, libvpx, libyuv, freetype
    • critical system components built with -O3 optimizations (art, SurfaceFlinger, bionic) and ThinLTO
    • built with Clang 12.0.x
    • optimized & updated bionic routines
    • Android RunTime (ART) updates and improvements
    • several debugging & tracing components are removed from the system
    • reduced priority of the USB connection type & USB debugging notifications
    • partial/full screenshot QS tile
    • Ambient display gestures
    • deGoogling tweaks (Kuketz/GrapheneOS captive portal URLs, Mulch WebView from DivestOS, pool.ntp.org NTP server, GrapheneOS SUPL server)
    • in-built F-Droid Privileged Extension
    • materialized Toasts
    • support for OTA updates
    • several minor tweaks and improvements
    • my custom kernel (features listed below)
    LineageOS 17.1 features - development stopped:
    • all C/C++ components are build with -O3/-g0 flags (maximum optimization, minimum useless debug info)
    • support for signature spoofing (= MicroG supported) - read the 2nd post!
    • native support for WakeBlock by @GioBozza, for more info: WakeBlock on XDA
    • several updates & improvements to internal components: skia & libjpeg-turbo (temporarily reverted), art, bionic, libpng, sqlite, zlib
    • several debugging & tracing instructions are removed from the system
    • custom Screenshot QS tile
    • deGoogling tweaks: non-Google captive portal server & SUPL server
    • minor miscellaneous tweaks
    • my custom kernel (features listed below)

Kernel features:
    • built with GCC 13
    • CPU underclocking (268 MHz) & max freq. limited to 1,9 GHz by default
    • several f2fs updates
    • power-efficient workqueues
    • cpu_input_boost by Sultanxda
    • bricked hotplug replaces mpdecision
    • CPU undervolting
    • maple I/O scheduler
    • updated zram and zsmalloc drivers
    • userspace LMKD replaces the old in-kernel Low Memory Killer driver
    • DDR bandwidth boost on screen wake
    • minor adjustments and tweaks
    • several code updates and security/bug fixes
    BUGS
    Also present in official LineageOS 18.1/17.1:
    • kernel panic when changing USB mode to "File transfer" - fixed in the 20200811 build & later official nightlies
    • notification/charging LED not working - fixed in the 20200811 build & later official nightlies
    • low in-call microphone if speakerphone is enabled - fixed in the 20200811 build
    • charging hiccups when using certain 3rd-party chargers/cables - fixed in the 20200912 build
    • AUX audio output not working - fixed in all builds (unofficial & official) newer than 20200826
    • wrong time on boot until connected to a network - fixed in the 20201110 build, and in official nightlies starting from 20201224
    • the Music app is quite messed up (bug is already reported on Gitlab) - fixed by the LineageOS team as of January 2021.
    • flaky GPS - fixed (or at least improved) in the 20201213 build & official 18.1 nightlies newer than 20210415
    • manual mobile network scan not working - fixed in the 17.1 20210123 build, also fixed on official LineageOS
    • NFC not working - fixed in the 20210419 build & later official nightlies
    • 5 GHz hotspot is broken - but there's a workaround here
    • front camera often affected by overexposure - workaround: restart the app you're using until it's gone
    • low microphone volume during calls on speakerphone - completely fixed in 20220805 and in official nightlies starting from 20220804
    • stuttery playback of HD videos in some 3rd-party apps - fixed in the 20211106 build
    • weird noises while playing flac files if AudioFX's Bass option is enabled (17.1)
    • high framerate video recording is broken - workaround present in my builds, a proper fix will follow in official ones too some day (as soon as I figure it out)
    Bugs that are specific to my builds:
    • encryption of f2fs-formatted /data partition is broken - fixed in the 20201028 build
    • corrupted thumbnails and weird visual artifacts in the system's color picker - fixed in the 20201028 build
    • libjpeg crashes in certain apps (NewPipe, Files, and others) - fixed in the 20201017 build
    • Telegram's (and, possibly, other apps') in-built camera not working - apparently fixed in the 20200811 build
    • WiFi issues affecting a minority of users - under investigation
    • encryption doesn't work - fixed in the 2022-01-13 build
    • some apps crashing due to permission quirks - fixed partially in the 2022-02-13 build, completely fixed in 2022-03-02
    • the WiFi QS tile's "expand" button doesn't work - fixed in the 2024-02-07 build

Changelog for LineageOS 18.1:
    March 11th:
    • March's security patches

Changelog for older LineageOS 18.1 builds:
    February 7th:
    • January's and February's security patches
    • fix for the WiFi quick toggle's expanding function

December 11th:
    • November's and December's security patches

October 8th:
    • October's secuirty patches
    • updated Snap camera with high FPS video recording fix

September 20th:
    • fix for CVE-2023-4863

September 15th:
    • synced with LineageOS (including August's and September's security patches)

July 22nd:
    • synced with LineageOS (including July's security patches)

June 11th:
    • synced with LineageOS + June's security patches
    • improvements for the dark theme in Messages and Dialer

May 11th:
    • synced with LineageOS (incl. May's security patches)
    • workaround for Snap not being able to record high-framerate videos
    • disabled zram to check stability

April 15th:
    • synced with LineageOS + April's security patches
    • security improvements from ProtonAOSP (many Quick Settings tiles cannot be toggled if the screen is locked)

March 17th:
    • synced with LineageOS + March's security patches
    • updated Mulch WebView
    • updated some drawables (small system icons) from crDroid
    • improved GPS performance (still WIP, let me know your impressions)
    • more deGoogling: switched to pool.ntp.org as the NTP server and to GrapheneOS's SUPL server

February 16th:
    • synced with LineageOS + February's security patches
    • Mulch WebView replaces Chromium
    • connectivity checking endpoints changed to privacy-friendly, non-Google alternatives
    • kernel WiFi driver updates reverted

January 5th, 2023:
    • synced with LineageOS + January's security patches
    • WiFi driver updates in the kernel

December 10th - last 2022 build:
    • synced with LineageOS + December's patches
    • zram enabled (disksize = 1,5 GiB)

November 8th:
    • synced with LineageOS + November's security patches
    • Android Go changes reverted, since they cause issues

October 13th:
    • synced with LineageOS (incl. October's security patches)
    • kernel memory routines optimized for Cortex A15 CPUs

September 8th:
    • September's security patches
    • some configurations taken from Android Go, to reduce RAM usage but without sacrificing functionality

August 5th:
    • synced with LineageOS + August's security patches
    • all microphone/speakerphone issues are fixed also for 3rd party apps

July 23rd:
    • fixed low volume during calls in speakerphone mode

July 8th:
    • synced with LineageOS + July's security patches
    • security fixes in the kernel
    • kernel logging disabled by default, to reduce overhead
    • a couple of sepolicy fixes

June 16th:
    • synced with LineageOS, including June's security patches
    • materialized toast messages

May 6th:
    • synced with LineageOS
    • May's security patches
    • updated SQLite library

April 6th:
    • synced with LineageOS
    • April's security patches
    • link-time optimization applied to some critical system components
    • minor updates and tweaks to the core OS

March 10th:
    • synced with LineageOS
    • March's security patches
    • removed rx_wakelock from the WiFi chip's driver (could lead to small power savings without affecting functionality)
    March 2nd:
    • ro.debuggable=0 by default (fixes root detectors reporting system as rooted when it is not)
    • fix for a permission bug that made apps misbehave when trying to access the phone's sensors
    • wallpaper zooming has been disabled
    • synced with LineageOS

February 13th:
    • synced with LineageOS
    • fix for apps crashing on startup due to mishandling of the INTERNET permission
    • a few kernel updates & fixes for an infrequent kernel panic

January 13th:
    • /data partition encryption is fixed

January 11th:
    • synced with LineageOS
    • January's security patches
    • kernel: debloated WiFi driver
    December 12th:​
    • synced with LineageOS + December's security patches
    • general user interface improvements
    • build using the latest Clang 12.0.x compiler
    • minor fixes and updates here and there
    November 6th:​
    • synced with LineageOS
    • November's security patches
    • fix for laggy playback of HD videos in 3rd-party apps
    October 8th:​
    • synced with LineageOS + October's security patches
    September 10th:​
    • screenshot QS tile now fixed
    September 9th:​
    • synced with LineageOS
    • September's security patches
    • screenshot QuickSettings tile (first attempt, still broken - will fix it soon)
    August 23rd:​
    • synced w/ LineageOS (incl. August's patches)
    • WiFi display is back (thanks to the Lineage team!)
    • sporadic camera crashes are fixed (thanks to Nolen, the other bacon maintainer!)
    July 10th:​
    • synced with LineageOS + July's patches
    • DRM fixes (Clearkey support)
    June 16th:​
    • GPS improvements (hopefully now it'll work fine!)
    June 10th:​
    • synced with LineageOS (incl. June's security patches)
    • GPS fixes (work in progress)
    • some kernel updates and improvements
    May 7th:​
    • synced with LineageOS (w/ May's security patches)
    • updates for ART and bionic
    April 29th:​
    • synced with LineageOS
    • updated libyuv and libvpx
    • -O3 optimizations for critical system components
    • USB notifications have lower priority
    • minor miscellaneous tweaks
    April 19th:​
    • synced with LineageOS (NFC fix included)
    • GPS updates and improvements
    • touch response optimizations
    • minor tweaks and fixes
    April 8th:​
    • synced with LineageOS (w/ April's security patches + fix for display issue)
    • some kernel updates
    • lots of debugging code disabled
    • updates for jemalloc, sqlite, bionic, libcore and libpng
    March 9th:​
    • synced with LineageOS (w/ March's security patches)
    • some kernel updates
    • encryption is now working
    February 27th:​
    • synced with LineageOS
    • minor kernel updates
    February 9th:​
    • synced with LineageOS (with February's security patches)
    • some kernel fixes & updates
    • fix for the Gallery showing the previous photo instead of the new one, immediately after taking one
    Ferbuary 3rd:​
    • bootloop fix

February 2nd:​
    • synced with LineageOS
    • WiFi hotspot fixed
    • Dynamic processing audio library
    • Dual-channel SBC codec for bluetooth headphones/speakers (untested, must be set in Developer Options)
    • minor tweaks to reduce memory usage (with negligible impacts on performance and/or graphic quality)
    • my custom kernel has been implemented
    January 21st:​
    • synced with LineageOS
    • updated & improved sqlite library (huge performance boost)
    • optimized zlib library
    • improvements for ART's memory usage
    January 6th:​
    • synced with LineageOS (January's security patches)
    January 3rd:​
    • synced with LineageOS
    • lockscreen PIN possibly fixed? Please confirm
    December 26th:​
    • fixed signature spoofing
    • synced with LineageOS
    December 21st:​
    • added support for signature spoofing (MicroG) and UnifiedNLP
    December 14th:​
    • initial build

DOWNLOADS
    Starting from April 2023 my builds are moved to Github.
    Recommended Gapps package (official MindTheGapps): here
    Unified download link for both 17.1 and 18.1: SourceForge
    Older 18.1 builds are available here: AFH
    Previous 17.1 builds are available either on AFH or on MEGA (17.1) / on MEGA (18.1).

A BIG "THANK YOU" TO
    the whole LineageOS team, and the multitude of great developers of the Android custom ROM scene, such as kdrag0n, kerneltoast (Sultanxda), nathanchance, flar2, franciscofranco, frap129, the MSM-Xtended project, the crDroid project. I hope I have not forgotten anyone.
    I'm happy and proud to announce that I am now an official LineageOS maintainer for our Oneplus One!
    Hello! My first LineageOS 16 build works fine and even Argon kernel is working fine :)
    However, the ROM is not ready for you to use it, especially because I have to improve the kernel's implementation (currently it's very buggy and a normal user would go crazy to make it work properly). So I will not release this build, however I think that within a few days I'll get this stuff sorted and a new build will be ready!
    POST-INSTALLATION ADVICE

GAPPS COMPATIBILITY

Only use MindTheGapps.

SETTING UP MICROG
    Signature spoofing is supported but not enabled out of the box. There's no switch to enable it in Settings, you must grant its permission to each app that needs it. In particular, if you install MicroG (either via the apks or via MinMicroG), you must run these commands in a root shell:
    Code:
    pm grant com.google.android.gms android.permission.FAKE_PACKAGE_SIGNATURE
    pm grant com.android.vending android.permission.FAKE_PACKAGE_SIGNATURE
    then make sure all the checkboxes in MicroG's status screen are ticked and reboot.

SETTING UP VIPER4ANDROID
    If you follow these steps carefully, you'll manage to install Viper4Android while keeping Enforcing SELinux, and it will survive across ROM updates too :)
    Since XDA Labs has been dead for a while, I've reuploaded Viper4Android's apk installer here: https://mega.nz/file/htFikD6Y#HpcdSMSa6fPdB5EXhGnyYI4uoxA7R4TnzhAZD_J_jrk

PASSING SAFETYNET
    Passing SafetyNet is quite easy. You need to have Gapps installed, though. Flash Magisk, enable Magisk Hide in its settings, reboot. Now you should pass SafetyNet.

GRABBING LOGS
    If you have faced an issue, please provide logs when reporting it.
    If the issue involved a random reboot of the device -> let the phone boot up again and immediately grab a copy of /proc/last_kmsg (important: don't turn off or reboot the phone a second time, otherwise it'll be useless).
    If the issue did not involve a random reboot of the device, but instead some "softer" crash (e.g. an app crashing, a SystemUI restart...) -> grab a logcat using any app such as Logcat Reader or plug the phone to a computer and pull it using the adb logcat > logfile.txt command.
    Hello guys,
    I'd like to inform you that I plan to switch to LineageOS 16 soon. I'll start by using TugaPower, to get used to the new OS and to finish setting up my building environment (I have to pull some files from LineageOS 16 before I can start building my own releases). Then I'll start sharing my own builds. Since it'll take me a while to implement in LineageOS 16 all the features and the optimizations that I've added to my 15.1 builds, the first LineageOS 16 builds will be very close to the standard LineageOS ones, but I'll gradually get to the point I've reached with Oreo.
    I might build and upload one last 15.1 build in the next days.
    I'll keep you informed :)