• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

[ROM][Q/R] Unofficial, optimized LineageOS 18.1 (July 10th) & LineageOS 17.1 (June 11th)

Search This thread

filippos96

Sep 26, 2016
Thessaloniki
I cannot download big games via the play store, I've seen many users have this problem on a variety of devices, 100-150mb downloads are OK, what do you guys think? does playstore maybe cache the download on the system partition, which we have only 1gb reserved for? any ideas?

filippos96

Sep 26, 2016
Thessaloniki
Yes, this should be easy to do and you can expect to find it in the next build.

Will look into it.

I don't use Google Maps. OsmAnd+ works fine. Anyway, new GPS fixes are coming soon, hopefully it'll work better for you.

Will look into the autobrightness values as I'd like to have it calibrated in a better way as well.

Fancy and advanced features such as automatic framerate regulation are not supported by old devices like the OPO. About battery life, I don't know what to tell you. People are usually satisfied about battery life on my ROM, I've never used stock so I can't compare.

Glove mode depends on hardware support. It used to be a feature on most of the Sony Xperia devices back in 2012-13-14. Anyway, the OPO doesn't support it.

Not gonna happen. You can communicate with me and with one another using this thread, I check XDA every day.
I don't use gmaps either.. I wanted to ask you for a last favor before you drop support/updates for this project, could you also make a kernel version with more optimal min freqs? when I boost them up, even with vdd throttling 1958 min-because 1881 is removed from the kernel and the next freq is 1958- somehow I get better battery, I guess because device throttles less and the higher freq (1958) is much more efficient than lower freq! (268), could you add a kernel version with less min freqs in order to achieve better performance and battery life? same what the sdm8150 team did on my mi9 never looked back, deep sleep should also improve, (get more aggressive), battery improved big time also along with performance, essentially the cpu runs on a more optimal, much more efficient freq, so it performs better with less drain, to sum this up would be really good if we could exploit the potential of the chip this way, we all know 268 mhz is way too low for a min and chip performs so bad there, latency, jittering and everything is bad bad with this low of a freq, while when using vdd throttling-1881min-jitter from 5-9ms goes to 0,3-1,also total duration to 8,5-10 ms instead of 34-39ms,sorry if I'm confusing just woke up, and english in not my native language, lmao, might edit this later..

Tomoms

Feb 15, 2014
I don't use gmaps either.. I wanted to ask you for a last favor before you drop support/updates for this project, could you also make a kernel version with more optimal min freqs? when I boost them up, even with vdd throttling 1958 min-because 1881 is removed from the kernel and the next freq is 1958- somehow I get better battery, I guess because device throttles less and the higher freq (1958) is much more efficient than lower freq! (268), could you add a kernel version with less min freqs in order to achieve better performance and battery life? same what the sdm8150 team did on my mi9 never looked back, deep sleep should also improve, (get more aggressive), battery improved big time also along with performance, essentially the cpu runs on a more optimal, much more efficient freq, so it performs better with less drain, to sum this up would be really good if we could exploit the potential of the chip this way, we all know 268 mhz is way too low for a min and chip performs so bad there, latency, jittering and everything is bad bad with this low of a freq, while when using vdd throttling-1881min-jitter from 5-9ms goes to 0,3-1,also total duration to 8,5-10 ms instead of 34-39ms,sorry if I'm confusing just woke up, and english in not my native language, lmao, might edit this later..
You can't blindly apply SoC-specific tuning for an ultra-modern platform such as the sdm8150 to such an old SoC like the msm8974. Old SoCs like the OPO's are built on totally different architectures, much less power efficient. If you want to try your approach, the kernel source is public, feel free to play with it as much as you want, but I'm strongly suspect that you will not notice any benefit, rather quite the opposite.
Here's your kernel with KCAL: https://mega.nz/file/IokQTLyZ#-3fMqo9ajha9ZLxPqoxsIRJ0nm87U2QjpNc-LpgOEms

filippos96

Sep 26, 2016
Thessaloniki
You can't blindly apply SoC-specific tuning for an ultra-modern platform such as the sdm8150 to such an old SoC like the msm8974. Old SoCs like the OPO's are built on totally different architectures, much less power efficient. If you want to try your approach, the kernel source is public, feel free to play with it as much as you want, but I'm strongly suspect that you will not notice any benefit, rather quite the opposite.
Here's your kernel with KCAL: https://mega.nz/file/IokQTLyZ#-3fMqo9ajha9ZLxPqoxsIRJ0nm87U2QjpNc-LpgOEms
thank you very much for the kernel, I will attach some logs while trying to use the GPS so we might get a hint of what may be causing it, dropping a few screens hots, tried clearing the agps but no dice, if you have any idea regarding what may be causing this help me out please!, Thanks

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210609-161439_Trebuchet.png
    Screenshot_20210609-161439_Trebuchet.png
    415.4 KB · Views: 34
  • Screenshot_20210609-161945_Trebuchet.png
    Screenshot_20210609-161945_Trebuchet.png
    422.1 KB · Views: 34

filippos96

Sep 26, 2016
Thessaloniki
could anyone share his gps conf files from both system and vendor? I think it's on etc folder, I think these files may got corrupted somehow and cause this, not quite sure tho, dev when u got the time please just drop a look on my screenshots, thanks in advance, hope you're happy with your new device and everything is going well

Tomoms

Feb 15, 2014
could anyone share his gps conf files from both system and vendor? I think it's on etc folder, I think these files may got corrupted somehow and cause this, not quite sure tho, dev when u got the time please just drop a look on my screenshots, thanks in advance, hope you're happy with your new device and everything is going well
The files are not corrupted, unless you manually tried to edit them. I'll take a look at the logs you provided.

Reactions: filippos96

filippos96

Sep 26, 2016
Thessaloniki
haha I'm gonna ask you for a favor, in my desperate try to get better fps on wild rift, I installed some modded drivers from an outdated unreliable source, could you share with me the ROM's original adreno drivers from vendor(screenshots attached))(LOS18.1)? unless ofc mine are newer, I flashed without checking my stock drivers version/date first, (ye ik ik hahah :/) I get pretty low fps in games.. but I guess that's a fact for a 2014 device in 2021 haha thanks in advance

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210611-050916_Trebuchet.png
    Screenshot_20210611-050916_Trebuchet.png
    262.5 KB · Views: 27
  • Screenshot_20210611-050936_Trebuchet.png
    Screenshot_20210611-050936_Trebuchet.png
    210.3 KB · Views: 27
  • Screenshot_20210611-050940_Trebuchet.png
    Screenshot_20210611-050940_Trebuchet.png
    131.8 KB · Views: 27
Last edited:

Tomoms

Feb 15, 2014
haha I'm gonna ask you for a favor, in my desperate try to get better fps on wild rift, I installed some modded drivers from an outdated unreliable source, could you share with me the ROM's original adreno drivers from vendor(screenshots attached))(LOS18.1)? unless ofc mine are newer, I flashed without checking my stock drivers version/date first, (ye ik ik hahah :/) I get pretty low fps in games.. but I guess that's a fact for a 2014 device in 2021 haha thanks in advance
Just reflash the ROM without wiping anything, and the original drivers will be restored.

filippos96

Sep 26, 2016
Thessaloniki
Just reflash the ROM without wiping anything, and the original drivers will be restored.
ik but other than that, I've made a good setup with KCAL 😂 this phone has been a nightmare for me to setup, cause I tend to do all the unzipping scripting,/module editing and stuff within the root browsers with text apps, with its touch delay and latency it's been real hell till now, but except the GPS running smoother than ever, installed osm0sis latest drivers from 2016

Tomoms

Feb 15, 2014
Hey there,
just a quick note. I need as many of you as possible to test GPS. For me, it's still working quite slowly, but I've only tried it while holding the phone out of the window. @feduss has tried it in a more "realistic" scenario and said that he got a fix very quickly. So if you have the chance, please give it a try and let me know what your experience is.
Thanks!

Last edited:
Reactions: feduss and Djiban

Paulroberts

Jun 29, 2009
Hey there,
just a quick note. I need as many of you as possible to test GPS. For me, it's still working quite slowly, but I've only tried it while holding the phone out of the window. @feduss has tried it in a more "realistic" scenario and said that he got a fix very quickly. So if you have the chance, please give it a try and let me know what's your experience.
Thanks!
It got where i am quickly (indoors might be wifi), I'll see what sort of trail google fit and starva log when i next go out on the bike.

Reactions: Tomoms

capt.ron

Aug 28, 2012
OnePlus One
Hey there,
just a quick note. I need as many of you as possible to test GPS. For me, it's still working quite slowly, but I've only tried it while holding the phone out of the window. @feduss has tried it in a more "realistic" scenario and said that he got a fix very quickly. So if you have the chance, please give it a try and let me know what your experience is.
Thanks!
Hi @Tomoms. My feedback on GPS goes like this; initially it takes a bit to get a fix (a minute or longer) then, after initial fix it works pretty fast until a reboot.

Reactions: Tomoms

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    New build available, with July's patches and some DRM fixes. Widevine L3, however, should still be not supported, please give it a try and let me know, if you can.
    New build available, with July's patches and some DRM fixes. Widevine L3, however, should still be not supported, please give it a try and let me know, if you can.
    Hi @Tomoms, nice work on the 0710 new ROM. I'm going to try and attach a couple of screen shots of the DRM apps (2) I have on my phone. One indicates that Widevine L3 is now present and the other indicates that Clearkey CDM is now present (not sure if this was present on your last ROM or not as I can't remember). Hopefully this will mean something for you. The GOOD NEWS: I have a subscription service here in the US called Youtube TV. It now can play live broadcasts on my OPO which it hasn't been able to since around Jan 2021. So, whatever you did it solved a long term problem for me and hopefully for others on the forum. Hope these screen captures get loaded....Ha :>)))))
    Installed yesterday without any issues above April firmware.
    Unfortunately, this did not resolve my streaming problem with my French Canadian service (called "RDS").
    Because I am really a beginner, I do not see how to help. I will wait and hope for an improvement in the future.
    Thanks a lot for your hard work.
    Unfortunately I'm clueless. I really don't know what to do to help you.

I don't know what changed in the latest build.. But this problem of mine is completely gone in the latest build. Not a single time network changed from 4g to 2g..
    Nice to know, I wonder how it was fixed haha :)

Updated to 07/10. All good, encryption still works fine & stable. Thanks for your ongoing work on this.
    Device gets slow caused by age... :D:p:D
    Glad to hear it's working fine :)

Clean flash after wipe to factory and format data. ROM work fine but sim card is not recognized anymore. I removed it before flash, put back but 'no sim card' message. It's valid and I use on another phone daily.
    I suggest that you flash the latest stock CyanogenOS build. It will update your baseband & modem firmware to a known working version. Then try to flash my ROM again.
    In this thread I'll share with you my personal builds of LineageOS 18.1 and 17.1 (older builds of 16 and 15.1 are still downloadable). This project is inspired by idprophecy's LineageOS builds, to which I want to add my favorite features and, possibly, even more optimizations and improvements.

MAIN FEATURES
    LineageOS 18.1 features:
    • support for MicroG (signature spoofing) - read the 2nd post!
    • improved & updated libraries: sqlite, zlib, libpng, jemalloc, libvpx, libyuv
    • critical system components built with -O3 optimizations (art, SurfaceFlinger, bionic)
    • Android RunTime (ART) updates and improvements
    • several debugging & tracing instructions are removed from the system
    • SBC Dual channel bluetooth audio codec
    • in-built F-Droid Privileged Extension
    • support for OTA updates
    • several minor tweaks and improvements
    • my custom kernel (features listed below)

LineageOS 17.1 features:
    • all C/C++ components are build with -O3/-g0 flags (maximum optimization, minimum useless debug info)
    • support for signature spoofing (= MicroG supported) - read the 2nd post!
    • native support for WakeBlock by @GioBozza, for more info: WakeBlock on XDA
    • several updates & improvements to internal components: skia & libjpeg-turbo (temporarily reverted), art, bionic, libpng, sqlite, zlib
    • several debugging & tracing instructions are removed from the system
    • custom Screenshot QS tile
    • deGoogling tweaks: non-Google captive portal server & SUPL server
    • minor miscellaneous tweaks
    • my custom kernel (features listed below)
    Kernel features:
    • built with GCC 10
    • CPU underclocking (268 MHz) & max freq. limited to 1,9 GHz by default
    • several f2fs updates
    • power-efficient workqueues
    • cpu_input_boost by Sultanxda
    • bricked hotplug replaces mpdecision
    • CPU undervolting
    • maple I/O scheduler
    • userspace LMKD replaces the old in-kernel Low Memory Killer driver
    • DDR bandwidth boost on screen wake
    • minor adjustments and tweaks
    • several code updates and security/bug fixes
    BUGS
    Also present in official LineageOS 18.1/17.1:
    • kernel panic when changing USB mode to "File transfer" - fixed in the 20200811 build & later official nightlies
    • notification/charging LED not working - fixed in the 20200811 build & later official nightlies
    • low in-call microphone if speakerphone is enabled - fixed in the 20200811 build
    • charging hiccups when using certain 3rd-party chargers/cables - fixed in the 20200912 build
    • AUX audio output not working - fixed in all builds (unofficial & official) newer than 20200826
    • wrong time on boot until connected to a network - fixed in the 20201110 build, and in official nightlies starting from 20201224
    • the Music app is quite messed up (bug is already reported on Gitlab) - fixed by the LineageOS team as of January 2021.
    • flaky GPS - fixed (or at least improved) in the 20201213 build & official 18.1 nightlies newer than 20210415
    • manual mobile network scan not working - fixed in the 17.1 20210123 build, also fixed on official LineageOS
    • NFC not working - fixed in the 20210419 build & later official nightlies
    • 5 GHz hotspot is broken - but there's a workaround here
    • weird noises while playing flac files if AudioFX's Bass option is enabled (17.1)
    Bugs that are specific to my builds:
    • encryption of f2fs-formatted /data partition is broken - fixed in the 20201028 build
    • corrupted thumbnails and weird visual artifacts in the system's color picker - fixed in the 20201028 build
    • libjpeg crashes in certain apps (NewPipe, Files, and others) - fixed in the 20201017 build
    • Telegram's (and, possibly, other apps') in-built camera not working - apparently fixed in the 20200811 build

Changelog for LineageOS 18.1:
    July 10th:​
    • synced with LineageOS + July's patches
    • DRM fixes (Clearkey support)

Changelog for older LineageOS 18.1 builds:
    June 16th:​
    • GPS improvements (hopefully now it'll work fine!)
    June 10th:​
    • synced with LineageOS (incl. June's security patches)
    • GPS fixes (work in progress)
    • some kernel updates and improvements
    May 7th:​
    • synced with LineageOS (w/ May's security patches)
    • updates for ART and bionic
    April 29th:​
    • synced with LineageOS
    • updated libyuv and libvpx
    • -O3 optimizations for critical system components
    • USB notifications have lower priority
    • minor miscellaneous tweaks
    April 19th:​
    • synced with LineageOS (NFC fix included)
    • GPS updates and improvements
    • touch response optimizations
    • minor tweaks and fixes
    April 8th:​
    • synced with LineageOS (w/ April's security patches + fix for display issue)
    • some kernel updates
    • lots of debugging code disabled
    • updates for jemalloc, sqlite, bionic, libcore and libpng
    March 9th:​
    • synced with LineageOS (w/ March's security patches)
    • some kernel updates
    • encryption is now working
    February 27th:​
    • synced with LineageOS
    • minor kernel updates
    February 9th:​
    • synced with LineageOS (with February's security patches)
    • some kernel fixes & updates
    • fix for the Gallery showing the previous photo instead of the new one, immediately after taking one
    Ferbuary 3rd:​
    • bootloop fix

February 2nd:​
    • synced with LineageOS
    • WiFi hotspot fixed
    • Dynamic processing audio library
    • Dual-channel SBC codec for bluetooth headphones/speakers (untested, must be set in Developer Options)
    • minor tweaks to reduce memory usage (with negligible impacts on performance and/or graphic quality)
    • my custom kernel has been implemented
    January 21st:​
    • synced with LineageOS
    • updated & improved sqlite library (huge performance boost)
    • optimized zlib library
    • improvements for ART's memory usage
    January 6th:​
    • synced with LineageOS (January's security patches)
    January 3rd:​
    • synced with LineageOS
    • lockscreen PIN possibly fixed? Please confirm
    December 26th:​
    • fixed signature spoofing
    • synced with LineageOS
    December 21st:​
    • added support for signature spoofing (MicroG) and UnifiedNLP
    December 14th:​
    • initial build

Changelog for LineageOS 17.1:
    June 11th:​
    • May's and June's security patches

Changelog for older LineageOS 17.1 builds:
    April 11th:​
    • synced with LineageOS (w/ April's security patches)
    • some useless debugging stuff has been stripped off
    March 11th:​
    • synced with LineageOS (w/ March's security patches)
    • all the kernel updates I've recently implemented in 18.1
    • SBC HD bluetooth codec is actually available now
    February 6th:​
    • February's security patches
    February 2nd:​
    • Dynamic processing audio library
    • Dual-channel SBC codec for bluetooth headphones/speakers (untested, must be set in Developer Options)
    • some kernel updates & fixes
    • synced with LineageOS
    January 22nd:​
    • synced with LineageOS
    • manual mobile network search is fixed
    January 12th:​
    • synced with LineageOS
    • full January security patchset (2 commits were missing in the previous build)
    • some kernel fixes & improvements
    January 8th:​
    • synced with LineageOS (including January's security patches)
    January 3rd:​
    • synced with LineageOS
    • several kernel updates (including power-efficient workqueues)
    • Screenshot QuickSettings tile
    • less Google-dependant: custom captive portal & SUPL servers
    December 13th:​
    • synced with LineageOS
    • December's security patches
    • many GPS updates (it works much better now)
    December 3rd:​
    • synced with LineageOS
    • TimeKeep support
    • malloc switched to low memory configuration
    • minor power saving tweak for the eMMC chip

DOWNLOADS
    Unified download link for both 17.1 and 18.1: SourceForge
    Unofficial MinTheGapps for Android 11 & arm, built by me (suggested): here
    Unofficial OpenGapps for Android 11 & arm (thanks to AdrianDC) (not recommended): Mega
    Older 18.1 builds are available here: AFH
    Previous 17.1 builds are available either on AFH or on MEGA (17.1) / on MEGA (18.1).
    Hello! My first LineageOS 16 build works fine and even Argon kernel is working fine :)
    However, the ROM is not ready for you to use it, especially because I have to improve the kernel's implementation (currently it's very buggy and a normal user would go crazy to make it work properly). So I will not release this build, however I think that within a few days I'll get this stuff sorted and a new build will be ready!
    I'm happy and proud to announce that I am now an official LineageOS maintainer for our Oneplus One!
    Hello,
    I'm happy - and also a little bit proud :victory: - to inform you that I started making some small contributions to official LineageOS for bacon: I've submitted (and I'll keep submitting) some kernel bug/security fixes that got merged into our official LineageOS kernel. This way, both users of my builds and users of the official nightlies can benefit from them!
    Also, our LineageOS maintainer has fixed the LED issue, thus it'll work in the next nightly, and of course in the next build of mines too :)
    Talking about my next build, it'll come in a couple of days!
    Hello guys,
    I'd like to inform you that I plan to switch to LineageOS 16 soon. I'll start by using TugaPower, to get used to the new OS and to finish setting up my building environment (I have to pull some files from LineageOS 16 before I can start building my own releases). Then I'll start sharing my own builds. Since it'll take me a while to implement in LineageOS 16 all the features and the optimizations that I've added to my 15.1 builds, the first LineageOS 16 builds will be very close to the standard LineageOS ones, but I'll gradually get to the point I've reached with Oreo.
    I might build and upload one last 15.1 build in the next days.
    I'll keep you informed :)