[ROM][Q/R] Unofficial, optimized LineageOS 18.1 (June 16th) & LineageOS 17.1 (June 11th)

Search This thread

Paulroberts

Jun 29, 2009
There's a new build with May's security fixes + some improvements for art and bionic :)
No 17.1 build is planned unless someone requests it.
EDIT: I can confirm that Magisk v22.1 now survives ROM updates correctly.
Everything carries over except one sideloaded app I have which is a beta tester key which I need to reinstall each time to get the pro features.

Traace

Mar 13, 2010
Thanks for the build. Using it for almost a year now as my daily driver.

Unfortunately ADB over WiFi doesn't work anymore. Just getting a connection refused error when trying to connect from newest platform-tools.

ADB and ADB over WiFi are both enabled in developer settings.
Network and PC are both trusted.
Phone has no firewall or anything that blocks traffic.
Phone is unlocked.
It works fine when connected via USB.

Any clue whats going on?

Tomoms

Feb 15, 2014

Unfortunately ADB over WiFi doesn't work anymore. Just getting a connection refused error when trying to connect from newest platform-tools.

Phone is unlocked.

Any clue whats going on?
I'll try later and let you know.

Reactions: Traace

KuldeepShivankar

Jul 14, 2017
Balaghat
Hi, i'm on android 7 lineageos build. How can i update it to Q lineage os build? I mean i know how to flash and install but:-
-can i use opengapps? If no then suggest please.
-root is necessary to use banking apps?
-do i need to flash firmware?
-any major bug?
Thanks.

Tomoms

Feb 15, 2014

Phone is unlocked.

Any clue whats going on?
Issue confirmed. Will try to understand what's going on and reach out to the LineageOS team about it.

EDIT: it's not actually broken - it just works in a different way starting from Android 11 :)
Take a look at this, it worked for me:

Last edited:
Reactions: kiran1bk

ddrddr

Jan 19, 2005
For several other roms (Android 10 or below), I was able to switch the Bluetooth codecs etc.

Does the 1+1 actually support enhanced BT codecs and bitrates? How would one enable this on this rom as they are all greyed out?

Tomoms

Feb 15, 2014
For several other roms (Android 10 or below), I was able to switch the Bluetooth codecs etc.

Does the 1+1 actually support enhanced BT codecs and bitrates? How would one enable this on this rom as they are all greyed out?
This is something that is unclear even to other LineageOS team members - I don't even own a pair of BT headphones to try them myself. I'll see what I can do to check what's working and what is not.
Thankyou for making such a solid ROM for our bacon. Q build is working flawlessly and deep sleep is working. 0% overnight drain. So far so good. Please keep it updated whenever you get time.
Ok, when June's patches come, I'll release a new 17.1 build as well :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    New builds are available.
    The 17.1 build only brings May's and June's security patches.
    The 18.1 build brings June's patches, GPS fixes (still not working as fast as it should, I'm investigating...) and some kernel updates and improvements.

This will be the last 17.1 build.
    Today feels weird. After 4 years, my OPO is not my daily driver phone anymore.
    The LineageOS team has sent me a newer device as a reward for the work I've done for the OPO in the last months.
    This does not mean that I'll stop working on the OPO; although since my summer exams are approaching, things will move forward slower than usual for some weeks.
    On my todo list there's KCAL support to be implemented in the kernel and more GPS testing & fixes to be implemented both in my builds and in official ones.
    A new 17.1 build will come as soon as June's patches are released, as promised.
    See you around!
    It seems that I found the final fix for GPS :)
    Insanely faster fix even indoors at the window. Currently testing this on a private, "100% stock LineageOS" build, I'll implement the changes in my device tree and prepare a new build for you as well as soon as possible!
    that's great
    I've released the new build. It'll be available via OTA tomorrow morning. GPS is working perfectly for me now, I need as many people as possible to test it with any app and give me feedback. Thanks!

EDIT: OTA available right now.
    could you add kcal?? also I get reception and calls work but mobile data don't work at all? latest fw..
    Yes, this should be easy to do and you can expect to find it in the next build.

I think the auto brightness is way too aggressive should propably try to fix that, it will help alot with drains, I find myself alot lowering the brightness manually because it's adjusting way too high
    Will look into it.

I'm using your last 18.1 rom and again I have problems using Gps, with google Maps. It gets the signal if I don't move, but when I start driving my car I get signal lost. It didn't happen with some old rom you made
    I don't use Google Maps. OsmAnd+ works fine. Anyway, new GPS fixes are coming soon, hopefully it'll work better for you.

I also experienced camera crashes. A workaround to get the camera working is to boot into Recovery and wipe Dalvik/Cache and Cache then reboot. I also agree on the auto brightness issue.
    Will look into the autobrightness values as I'd like to have it calibrated in a better way as well.

reboot only helps me its just on some boots that it gets stuck, I think that somehow the Hal fails at boot or shortly after propably compatibility issue with something, anyhow the display would look even nicer at times with lower brightness because of better color reproduction (not boosted backlight nits) and softer on the eyes, also is there any way to enable auto adjustable framerate? my mi9 if I idle for a sec in the launcher or in Twitter etc would go down to 0.8-1.2 fps(not the refresh rate/the gpu rendering frames)(monitored with fkm), this would be even more(much more beneficial for our entry level and very power hungry, nowadays opo) to be adjusting that low, asides from the fact that it should help the gpu boost nicer(less stutters, due to 330's 27mhz beeing very low performance for most of 1080p 60fps usage

also i get 5h of sot(clocked 2342mhz is a sweetspot for me performance differs very slightly from max) with new nohon battery(quality 3200mah replacement, USB metered + sw counter validated) old days I used to get 6-7 hours, maybe my usage is more demanding nowadays or maybe it's the wifi driver or some sort of driver or some technology of the stock OS like cabc or some other display battery saving technology that is not implemented here
    Fancy and advanced features such as automatic framerate regulation are not supported by old devices like the OPO. About battery life, I don't know what to tell you. People are usually satisfied about battery life on my ROM, I've never used stock so I can't compare.

also could we get glove mode enabled to get better response(ms) and touch sensitivity out of the panel which is well known known to have delay problems and isn't very sensitive at least for me.. ? I'm really struggling with the touch delay, I've already used 3 original panels, all have the same, I think it's a hw issue or software configuration/setup problem could be the remnants of the touch problem oneplus and Synaptics were trying to fix back in the prerelease days
    Glove mode depends on hardware support. It used to be a feature on most of the Sony Xperia devices back in 2012-13-14. Anyway, the OPO doesn't support it.

maybe if only dev could open a telegram group like every other dev so we could all drop our recommendations and help each other there..
    Not gonna happen. You can communicate with me and with one another using this thread, I check XDA every day.
    In this thread I'll share with you my personal builds of LineageOS 18.1 and 17.1 (older builds of 16 and 15.1 are still downloadable). This project is inspired by idprophecy's LineageOS builds, to which I want to add my favorite features and, possibly, even more optimizations and improvements.

MAIN FEATURES
    LineageOS 18.1 features:
    • support for MicroG (signature spoofing) - read the 2nd post!
    • improved & updated libraries: sqlite, zlib, libpng, jemalloc, libvpx, libyuv
    • critical system components built with -O3 optimizations (art, SurfaceFlinger, bionic)
    • Android RunTime (ART) updates and improvements
    • several debugging & tracing instructions are removed from the system
    • SBC Dual channel bluetooth audio codec
    • in-built F-Droid Privileged Extension
    • support for OTA updates
    • several minor tweaks and improvements
    • my custom kernel (features listed below)

LineageOS 17.1 features:
    • all C/C++ components are build with -O3/-g0 flags (maximum optimization, minimum useless debug info)
    • support for signature spoofing (= MicroG supported) - read the 2nd post!
    • native support for WakeBlock by @GioBozza, for more info: WakeBlock on XDA
    • several updates & improvements to internal components: skia & libjpeg-turbo (temporarily reverted), art, bionic, libpng, sqlite, zlib
    • several debugging & tracing instructions are removed from the system
    • custom Screenshot QS tile
    • deGoogling tweaks: non-Google captive portal server & SUPL server
    • minor miscellaneous tweaks
    • my custom kernel (features listed below)
    Kernel features:
    • built with GCC 10
    • CPU underclocking (268 MHz) & max freq. limited to 1,9 GHz by default
    • several f2fs updates
    • power-efficient workqueues
    • cpu_input_boost by Sultanxda
    • bricked hotplug replaces mpdecision
    • CPU undervolting
    • maple I/O scheduler
    • userspace LMKD replaces the old in-kernel Low Memory Killer driver
    • DDR bandwidth boost on screen wake
    • minor adjustments and tweaks
    • several code updates and security/bug fixes
    BUGS
    Also present in official LineageOS 18.1/17.1:
    • kernel panic when changing USB mode to "File transfer" - fixed in the 20200811 build & later official nightlies
    • notification/charging LED not working - fixed in the 20200811 build & later official nightlies
    • low in-call microphone if speakerphone is enabled - fixed in the 20200811 build
    • charging hiccups when using certain 3rd-party chargers/cables - fixed in the 20200912 build
    • AUX audio output not working - fixed in all builds (unofficial & official) newer than 20200826
    • wrong time on boot until connected to a network - fixed in the 20201110 build, and in official nightlies starting from 20201224
    • the Music app is quite messed up (bug is already reported on Gitlab) - fixed by the LineageOS team as of January 2021.
    • flaky GPS - fixed (or at least improved) in the 20201213 build & official 18.1 nightlies newer than 20210415
    • manual mobile network scan not working - fixed in the 17.1 20210123 build, also fixed on official LineageOS
    • NFC not working - fixed in the 20210419 build & later official nightlies
    • 5 GHz hotspot is broken - but there's a workaround here
    • weird noises while playing flac files if AudioFX's Bass option is enabled (17.1)
    Bugs that are specific to my builds:
    • encryption of f2fs-formatted /data partition is broken - fixed in the 20201028 build
    • corrupted thumbnails and weird visual artifacts in the system's color picker - fixed in the 20201028 build
    • libjpeg crashes in certain apps (NewPipe, Files, and others) - fixed in the 20201017 build
    • Telegram's (and, possibly, other apps') in-built camera not working - apparently fixed in the 20200811 build

Changelog for LineageOS 18.1:
    June 16th:​
    • GPS improvements (hopefully now it'll work fine!)

Changelog for older LineageOS 18.1 builds:
    June 10th:​
    • synced with LineageOS (incl. June's security patches)
    • GPS fixes (work in progress)
    • some kernel updates and improvements
    May 7th:​
    • synced with LineageOS (w/ May's security patches)
    • updates for ART and bionic
    April 29th:​
    • synced with LineageOS
    • updated libyuv and libvpx
    • -O3 optimizations for critical system components
    • USB notifications have lower priority
    • minor miscellaneous tweaks
    April 19th:​
    • synced with LineageOS (NFC fix included)
    • GPS updates and improvements
    • touch response optimizations
    • minor tweaks and fixes
    April 8th:​
    • synced with LineageOS (w/ April's security patches + fix for display issue)
    • some kernel updates
    • lots of debugging code disabled
    • updates for jemalloc, sqlite, bionic, libcore and libpng
    March 9th:​
    • synced with LineageOS (w/ March's security patches)
    • some kernel updates
    • encryption is now working
    February 27th:​
    • synced with LineageOS
    • minor kernel updates
    February 9th:​
    • synced with LineageOS (with February's security patches)
    • some kernel fixes & updates
    • fix for the Gallery showing the previous photo instead of the new one, immediately after taking one
    Ferbuary 3rd:​
    • bootloop fix

February 2nd:​
    • synced with LineageOS
    • WiFi hotspot fixed
    • Dynamic processing audio library
    • Dual-channel SBC codec for bluetooth headphones/speakers (untested, must be set in Developer Options)
    • minor tweaks to reduce memory usage (with negligible impacts on performance and/or graphic quality)
    • my custom kernel has been implemented
    January 21st:​
    • synced with LineageOS
    • updated & improved sqlite library (huge performance boost)
    • optimized zlib library
    • improvements for ART's memory usage
    January 6th:​
    • synced with LineageOS (January's security patches)
    January 3rd:​
    • synced with LineageOS
    • lockscreen PIN possibly fixed? Please confirm
    December 26th:​
    • fixed signature spoofing
    • synced with LineageOS
    December 21st:​
    • added support for signature spoofing (MicroG) and UnifiedNLP
    December 14th:​
    • initial build

Changelog for LineageOS 17.1:
    June 11th:​
    • May's and June's security patches

Changelog for older LineageOS 17.1 builds:
    April 11th:​
    • synced with LineageOS (w/ April's security patches)
    • some useless debugging stuff has been stripped off
    March 11th:​
    • synced with LineageOS (w/ March's security patches)
    • all the kernel updates I've recently implemented in 18.1
    • SBC HD bluetooth codec is actually available now
    February 6th:​
    • February's security patches
    February 2nd:​
    • Dynamic processing audio library
    • Dual-channel SBC codec for bluetooth headphones/speakers (untested, must be set in Developer Options)
    • some kernel updates & fixes
    • synced with LineageOS
    January 22nd:​
    • synced with LineageOS
    • manual mobile network search is fixed
    January 12th:​
    • synced with LineageOS
    • full January security patchset (2 commits were missing in the previous build)
    • some kernel fixes & improvements
    January 8th:​
    • synced with LineageOS (including January's security patches)
    January 3rd:​
    • synced with LineageOS
    • several kernel updates (including power-efficient workqueues)
    • Screenshot QuickSettings tile
    • less Google-dependant: custom captive portal & SUPL servers
    December 13th:​
    • synced with LineageOS
    • December's security patches
    • many GPS updates (it works much better now)
    December 3rd:​
    • synced with LineageOS
    • TimeKeep support
    • malloc switched to low memory configuration
    • minor power saving tweak for the eMMC chip

DOWNLOADS
    Unified download link for both 17.1 and 18.1: SourceForge
    Unofficial MinTheGapps for Android 11 & arm, built by me (suggested): here
    Unofficial OpenGapps for Android 11 & arm (thanks to AdrianDC) (not recommended): Mega
    Older 18.1 builds are available here: AFH
    Previous 17.1 builds are available either on AFH or on MEGA (17.1) / on MEGA (18.1).
    Hello! My first LineageOS 16 build works fine and even Argon kernel is working fine :)
    However, the ROM is not ready for you to use it, especially because I have to improve the kernel's implementation (currently it's very buggy and a normal user would go crazy to make it work properly). So I will not release this build, however I think that within a few days I'll get this stuff sorted and a new build will be ready!
    I'm happy and proud to announce that I am now an official LineageOS maintainer for our Oneplus One!
    Hello,
    I'm happy - and also a little bit proud :victory: - to inform you that I started making some small contributions to official LineageOS for bacon: I've submitted (and I'll keep submitting) some kernel bug/security fixes that got merged into our official LineageOS kernel. This way, both users of my builds and users of the official nightlies can benefit from them!
    Also, our LineageOS maintainer has fixed the LED issue, thus it'll work in the next nightly, and of course in the next build of mines too :)
    Talking about my next build, it'll come in a couple of days!
    Hello guys,
    I'd like to inform you that I plan to switch to LineageOS 16 soon. I'll start by using TugaPower, to get used to the new OS and to finish setting up my building environment (I have to pull some files from LineageOS 16 before I can start building my own releases). Then I'll start sharing my own builds. Since it'll take me a while to implement in LineageOS 16 all the features and the optimizations that I've added to my 15.1 builds, the first LineageOS 16 builds will be very close to the standard LineageOS ones, but I'll gradually get to the point I've reached with Oreo.
    I might build and upload one last 15.1 build in the next days.
    I'll keep you informed :)