Development [ROM] [QPR3] [AOSP] [ORIOLE] RisingOS Android Project v1.3 [OFFICIAL]

Search This thread

dlwlrma123

Dec 30, 2013
Xiaomi Poco X3 NFC
ROM has been updated with fixes for oriole, March ASB device tree improvements for oriole and gs devices has been dropped due to source upstream is required to for stable functionality, for more details please refer to post#3. I hope this is the last build that comes with critical bugs such as video playback and recording (please pardon me for this is my first time building rom(s) for a pixel device, still adapting since pixel dependencies were a bit complex compared to my previous devices).

Reactions: cbomb1337

Nov 2, 2014
ROM has been updated with fixes for oriole, March ASB device tree improvements for oriole and gs devices has been dropped due to source upstream is required to for stable functionality, for more details please refer to post#3. I hope this is the last build that comes with critical bugs such as video playback and recording (please pardon me for this is my first time building rom(s) for a pixel device, still adapting since pixel dependencies were a bit complex compared to my previous devices).
Great man, I'm coming home from travel, tomorrow I will enjoy your latest rom. I'm glad the camera and navigation bar problem has been solved. Thanks.

Nov 2, 2014
sorry but the camera recording was the only one fixed. for the camera lag issue, users are still required to make the navbar/gesture pill visible for faster switching of camera modes 😅
Hey bro, it's not working

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230319-112430_Sushi Launcher~2.png
    Screenshot_20230319-112430_Sushi Launcher~2.png
    159.1 KB · Views: 149

cbomb1337

I noticed we can't color the aod clock. There's a setting for text color. Is it not suppose to be able to be coloured. I didn't have any luck with aod image to. I tried different image types. I hope we get more options for edge lighting in future.

Last edited:

dlwlrma123

Dec 30, 2013
Xiaomi Poco X3 NFC
I noticed we can't color the aod clock. There's a setting for text color. Is it not suppose to be able to be coloured. I didn't have any luck with aod image to. I tried different image types. I hope we get more options for edge lighting in future.
iirc the aod image isnt compatible with google photos, so you need to use other apps when selecting image for aod apps like mixplorer or google gallery go will do the trick

cbomb1337

Do we need to switch of wifi calling I saw on reddit something about a vulnerability. Also face unlock seems to stop working. Due to inactivity. Can you disable that. With Scarlett aggressive idle and disabling wifi Gps and all that does it have A interval for turning them back on and off for like syncing weather and internet messages or does it cut it all off? It seems like a better version of battery saving without cutting of the aod. Does it also lower the CPU and gpu clocks. That would be a great option. Edit face unlock working again. I cleard data on playstore and it lost its internet again and in settings the internet for it was on I did a reflash and fixed it. I found this magisk module zip file that let's u save and use any folder or soemthing like that I just tested it with exkm backup settings and chose the /0 storage and it worked where without module u have to set the backup folder as one not in main storage. Can you add it to the source. My google photos was playing up to before I reflashed the editing would crash even after data clears it would crash later on maybe its something to do with photos updating to a new version on playstore but after reflash and have updates photos the edit function is working again. So there is some kind of bugs maybe around that. Battery life is really good and sometimes it goes bad and then goes good lol. Scarlett manager seems to make the battery life better but it sucks turning off wifi and Gps to get better idle drain.

Not sure if ur rom has it but I'll add safetynet fix if you need it. It's for when rooted it gets Google pay working and you sorts need to root this rom to get swift backup working lol.

Edit again I noticed Scarlett manager with disabling components wifi Gps and stuff they don't allways seem to turn back on. It didn't turn my wifi on just then and the Gps to. I haven't tested the Bluetooth and mobile data I allways keep them off.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230322-052705_Boost.png
    Screenshot_20230322-052705_Boost.png
    256.5 KB · Views: 76
  • NOstorageRestrict.zip
    158.2 KB · Views: 11
  • safetynet-fix-v2.4.0-MOD_1.2.zip
    137.6 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:

ePearl

Mar 2, 2012
I was coming from a different custom rom - so I clean flashed the March stock prior to trying to flash latest. The Lineage vendor_boot.img file from latest nightly boot loops. I had to go back to the Feb stock in order to get it installed. Is there a fix or anything I'm missing in order to come fro clean March stock ?

cbomb1337

I was coming from a different custom rom - so I clean flashed the March stock prior to trying to flash latest. The Lineage vendor_boot.img file from latest nightly boot loops. I had to go back to the Feb stock in order to get it installed. Is there a fix or anything I'm missing in order to come fro clean March stock ?
We use Feb stock build not March. March would be different.

Last edited:

cbomb1337

Weird I had my first random reboot while browsing reddit. The screen just went black and reboot. Hopefully it a one off. Edit.
Also I think maybe aggressive idle mode is placebo. The stats look around the same but I haven't done long testing yet. Just mah drain set to record at every minute and checking with the scarlet on and off after 10 minutes. What does it do exactly and does sensor block do anything either? Thanks

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

G5bgO9p.png

risingOS for Google Pixel 6 [ORIOLE]

What is risingOS?
    * risingOS is An OpenSource Aftermarket Android Operating System that aims to deliver unique and refreshing android experience.

Based on Android 13 | Tiramisu QPR3

What's working?
    Most functionality runs without issue(s).

Bugs and Issues
    Please tell me with a logcat attached

Variants available

PIXEL build only - Comes with most pixel apps and features

Device specific changes

Initial build for Pixel 6 aka ORIOLE

Credits

LineageOS team - for most of device/kernel/vendor tree changes

Notes

I will only maintain Official GMS core variant due to limited free time. Please consider this release as a share build and is official because i maintain the rd source.
    If you have any type of concerns, please address it here, I'll try to accommodate as soon as I see the message (I don't use telegram or whatsapp that much since my telegram account is always limited and i dont know how to use whatsapp).

Download link

Google Drive Folder

Installation Guide

Disclaimer: This release is only meant for PIXEL 6 aka ORIOLE, please avoid flashing this firmware to RAVEN or any other DEVICE.

For detailed installation method, ORIOLE users can follow lineageOS installation method

Fastboot
    1. Download latest SDK platform tools here and follow this tutorial
    2. Reboot to fastboot
    3. Fastboot update zip, device will automatically reboot to system after fastboot update

Changelogs:

08/14/23
    ROM changes:

RisingOS Version 1.3 (Dvaraka)
    ==============================
    What is Dvaraka?
    Dwarka is an ancient city in the northwestern Indian state of Gujarat. It’s known as a Hindu pilgrimage site. The ancient Dwarkadhish Temple has an elaborately tiered main shrine, a carved entrance and a black-marble idol of Lord Krishna. Dwarka Beach and nearby Dwarka Lighthouse offer views of the Arabian Sea. Southeast, Gaga Wildlife Sanctuary protects migratory birds and endangered species like the Indian wolf.
    - source: Google
    ===========================

Notes: Authors/Co-authors are enclosed with '[]'.

Security
    --------
    - [Security] Android August ASB 2023
    - [Security] Safetynet attestation passes by default

RisingOS Additions
    --------------------
    - [Feature] Introducing RisingUI 1.3
    - [Feature] QS header image feature and customization [IDontCare-05]
    - [Feature] Enabled new Google weather UI
    - [Feature] Introducing Lockscreen Weather Styles
    - [Feature] More volume styles taken from iconify and refactored [DrDisagree]
    - [Feature] Introducing Reticker v1.1
    - added call answer/reject functionality to reticker
    - click to accept incoming call and long press reticker to reject incoming call added
    - added haptics when answering/rejecting incoming calls through reticker
    - [Feature] Optional QS tile haptics
    - [Feature] Imported IOS 16 lockscreen clock fonts
    - [Feature] Launcher vibration haptics intensity settings
    - [Feature] Integrated themed icon provider to ortus launcher and added a default theme icons from lawnicons [nivlafx|Lawnchair Team]
    - [Feature] Imported NothingOS 2.0 wallpapers

RisingOS General Changes
    ---------------------
    - [Improvements] Blur rendering is optimized to show a thin glass-like blur effect
    - [Improvements] QS Panel transparency now applies to landscape
    - [Improvements] Toast notification improvements [0xD34D|SagarMakhar]
    - [Improvements] Back gestures affordance now changes shape when triggering gesture actions
    - [Improvements] Reduced the occurence QS panel crashes when applying themes (this should be somehow expected and necessary to apply themes/new settings)
    - [Improvements] Development settings status are now hidden for all user-apps [someone5678]
    - [Improvements] System manager improvements - misc resources handling improvements
    - [Improvements] Font themes now overrides more fonts used by external apps
    - [Improvements] Fixed launcher approximate memory info calculation
    - [Improvements] Updated monochrome search bar icons to match default themed icons
    - [Improvements] Improved now playing icon visibility (Pixels only)
    - [Optimization] Memory and system performance optimizations (may vary depending on device specifications)
    - App launch time performance to approx 0.13%~0.15% (observed on Google pixel 6 and Xiaomi Mi Pad 5)
    - Memory enhancements for device that supports modern kernels 5.10 and above
    - Optimized blur rendering memory allocations
    - Reduce dexoat regressions to avoid janks
    - [Stability] Experimental changes were stripped down from source

Fixed
    -----
    - [Bug] Edge long press gesture not working
    - [Bug] Broken qs panel landscape layout
    - [Bug] Video Flickering when coming from PiP mode
    - [Bug] Lockscreen hangs on legacy/random devices
    - [Bug] Some system apps not on the our whitelist like settings showing on app lock list
    - [Bug] QS panel page transition causes qs panel page to get stucked and not return to default position
    - [Bug] Empty changelog page on about us settings
    - [Bug] Sharing links not working when sharing photos to Whatsapp
    - [Bug] Lockscreen charging info updates were too fast/frequently changing

Known Issues (currently needs help in addressing)
    ---------------------------------------------------
    - [Bug] Deep link activity is broken on tablets - causing broken access to settings like application info (currently mitigated by reverting a patch for tablets, however wallpaper app is not accessible by any means)
    - [Bug] Google Wallpaper picker app lags until resources were downloaded - source maintainer has no knowledge on how to fix the issue

Cherry-picked Features (Taken from other opensource android projects)
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    - [Feature] Dual tone background toggle [Ghosuto]
    - [Feature] Screen recording enhancements - [nullbytepl|eldainosor|iusmac|ezio84|idoybh|Pranav Vashi]
    - [Feature] More edge long press gesture actions - [Alex|ezio84|LorDClockan|rohanpurorit|Pranav Vashi]
    - [Feature] Spoof encryption status [someone5678]
    - [Feature] In-call vibration [beanstown|jhonboy121]
    - [Feature] Blink with call feature [shripal17|idoybh|Pranav Vashi]
    - [Feature] Screenshot sound toggle [maxwen]
    Does this rom have any features and customizations?
    Dude literally the first sentence tells you the goal of this rom is customization...
    Hi guys sorry for the late update, was kinda busy with work lately and was busy with restarting from scratch. I have updated the firmware to risingOS v1.0, for those coming from riceDroid, a clean flash is recommended, dirty flash may boot but minor bugs caused by resources changes may persist. Always backup and proceed with precaution before flashing the new firmware. Have a nice day!