ROM question: Upgrading on old OP5 with Android 6 to 10

Search This thread

teeWrex

Mar 17, 2014
Philly
Sorry in advance if this is a dumb question but I have an old OP5 sitting in a drawer that I'm not using anymore- it's already rooted and running a custom Android 6 ROM that I had flashed.

I was going to give it to a friend but I wanted to flash an Android 10 ROM on it for him before handing it over (he doesn't know how to do this stuff).

I wanted to know if I can wipe the phone, flash a newer version of TWRP and then either OOS 10 or a custom Q ROM, or if I have to flash it to OOS 6, then 7, 8, 9 before I can put an Android 10 ROM on it.

I vaguely remember going 2 versions up on this device before (possibly back in the lollipop era) and if I recall correctly I had to flash the next Android version before flashing to the version after that in order for the custom ROM to work, but it's been a long time. Thanks in advance for any wisdom you can offer.

Trey n

Nov 12, 2014
Samsung Galaxy S5
OnePlus 5
Sorry in advance if this is a dumb question but I have an old OP5 sitting in a drawer that I'm not using anymore- it's already rooted and running a custom Android 6 ROM that I had flashed.

I was going to give it to a friend but I wanted to flash an Android 10 ROM on it for him before handing it over (he doesn't know how to do this stuff).

I wanted to know if I can wipe the phone, flash a newer version of TWRP and then either OOS 10 or a custom Q ROM, or if I have to flash it to OOS 6, then 7, 8, 9 before I can put an Android 10 ROM on it.

I vaguely remember going 2 versions up on this device before (possibly back in the lollipop era) and if I recall correctly I had to flash the next Android version before flashing to the version after that in order for the custom ROM to work, but it's been a long time. Thanks in advance for any wisdom you can offer.

if u want android 10 you can just flash the latest firmware which is on the crdroid sourceforge page and then u can install a android 10 custom rom or oos 10 :) be sure to wipe data partition

Reactions: teeWrex

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

if u want android 10 you can just flash the latest firmware which is on the crdroid sourceforge page and then u can install a android 10 custom rom or oos 10 :) be sure to wipe data partition
    @Trey n Awesome, thank you!
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone