[ROM][R][OFFICIAL] LineageOS 18.1 for POCO M2 Pro / Redmi Note 9S / Redmi Note 9 Pro / Redmi Note 9 Pro Max [miatoll]

Search This thread

xerel89

Jul 20, 2022
Austria 🇦🇹
As i saw from several searches , Heat increase while charging and random restarts was firmware problem. Random restarts fixed with 13 firmware.
Also anyone knows the life support of our device? This was the latest firmware update we got or its until May 2023?
That's a good question, unfortunately I don't know myself, unfortunately there are no good launchers for 13 yet like lawnchair or etc.

Edit: I think pixel experience have not the problem
Edit 2: I think I have found a solution flash this in recovery :D

Last edited:

dmenezes

Oct 22, 2013
Is anyone using WiFi Calling with this ROM? I've turned it on here (Settings / Network & Internet / Mobile Network / Advanced / WiFi Calling / On):
Screenshot_20221004-123959_Trebuchet~2.png

But when I try to make a call (through the standard Phone app) I get the usual "Mobile network not available" message:
Screenshot_20221004-123741_Phone~2.png

This particular carrier is supposed to support WiFi calling (even teaches how to turn it on in Android at their support website) and I'm connected thru very good WiFi (Starlink) so I don't think either of this is the cause.

Or am I doing something wrong?

TIA!

Last edited:

fixitsam

May 19, 2013
Redmi Note 9 Pro
HDFC Bank app and UNI Card app not working. HDFC App gives error message that it cannot work with rooted phones and UNI Card gives error message that this device is ineligible. Any way to get these apps working without rooting my Note 9 Pro (India). On the latest nightly 19.1.

All other financial apps like Slice, Lazypay, Simpl, ICICI iMobile, GPay, etc, working fine.

Update: I have not rooted my phone since I use several banking/financial apps and worry about security post rooting.

Last edited:

nightcrawler218

Jun 25, 2012
Kolkata
Redmi Note 9 Pro
Best stick with LOS Recovery, TWRP bootlooped for me and had to start over.
Thanks mate for the response. Currently I am on CrDroid8.x ROM(A12). Facing Battery heating & drainage issue since a couple of months, donno why, but before that it was working fine.

I am going to do the steps for flashing LOS 19.x on my curtana device. Please correct me if necessary.

1. Install MIUI 13 EU edition to set the stock curtana firmware to A12.
2. Flash LOR recovery
3. Flash LOS rom
4. Flash NIK-Gapps
Not a big fan of rooting though.

Also kindly share your feedback on custom kernel, rooting & other special apps/mods I need to flash (if any)

Purpose of flashing/mobile usage and priorities:
1. Battery backup & optimization
2. Calling 2 to 3 hours a day
3. Internet access 24x7 ON (I don't disconnect data)
4. Listening to audiobooks 1 to 2 hours every day
5. Prefer battery life over performance

Reactions: xerel89

xerel89

Jul 20, 2022
Austria 🇦🇹
Thanks mate for the response. Currently I am on CrDroid8.x ROM(A12). Facing Battery heating & drainage issue since a couple of months, donno why, but before that it was working fine.

I am going to do the steps for flashing LOS 19.x on my curtana device. Please correct me if necessary.

1. Install MIUI 13 EU edition to set the stock curtana firmware to A12.
2. Flash LOR recovery
3. Flash LOS rom
4. Flash NIK-Gapps
Not a big fan of rooting though.

Also kindly share your feedback on custom kernel, rooting & other special apps/mods I need to flash (if any)

Purpose of flashing/mobile usage and priorities:
1. Battery backup & optimization
2. Calling 2 to 3 hours a day
3. Internet access 24x7 ON (I don't disconnect data)
4. Listening to audiobooks 1 to 2 hours every day
5. Prefer battery life over performance
Fine, but from the nikgapps would I foresee I would flash the mindthegapps package and then you can say whether you are have problems with the kernel also in charging....

Reactions: nightcrawler218

nightcrawler218

Jun 25, 2012
Kolkata
Redmi Note 9 Pro
Thank you all for the inputs. Installed LOS 19.1 with NikGapps 12SL basic, magisk 25.2 and safetynet mod. It is working smooth since last couple of hours. Can someone please suggest how to enable Google account Sync in LOS19.1? all passwords and data is missing that I used in my previous ROM. Any help is much appreciated.

Last edited:

notoriginal10

Feb 2, 2022
hi,
use lineageos with fdroid, gless ;-)
best option in my opinion
Can't agree more. I'm still on 18.1, but instead of all things Google I use MicroG and F-Droid with additional repos.
The only proprietary apps I use are in my Shelter "Work Profile". All of their trackers are also managed/blocked by TrackerControl. SafetyNet is fine an push notifications as well, if need be.
Besides that, every app on my main profile is open source and sometimes even blocked from network access.

Sure, some things are no longer as convenient, but I don't really miss much. Best setup I have ever used.

Reactions: nightcrawler218

nightcrawler218

Jun 25, 2012
Kolkata
Redmi Note 9 Pro
Can't agree more. I'm still on 18.1, but instead of all things Google I use MicroG and F-Droid with additional repos.
The only proprietary apps I use are in my Shelter "Work Profile". All of their trackers are also managed/blocked by TrackerControl. SafetyNet is fine an push notifications as well, if need be.
Besides that, every app on my main profile is open source and sometimes even blocked from network access.

Sure, some things are no longer as convenient, but I don't really miss much. Best setup I have ever used.
HI, can you please share some good apps for privacy & battery optimization, may be a suitable Kernel for LOS 19.1
Currently using AccuBattery with ROOT privilages & after 2 years of usage, it says the battery capacity is reduced from 5020mAh to 3880 mAh. Not much in Gaming theough. Audio, ebooks & Call are my main usage. please suggest good battery/power save & privacy apps.
Thank you in appreciation.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I see people seemed to have been able to bypass sanity checks. I've tried everything but it never worked. I think this may have been due to the fact that the Magisk version I used at that time was one of the first versions to have some "hacks" that were taken off byt the developer when he started to work at google... (i'm not sure about that, I think I read it here), and never found the way to get Magisk versions from before this that I could trust... Any advice?
    The latest version works just fine, but you need external modules now.
    Install the Universal SafetyNet Fix module and the MagiskHide Props Config module.

When installed, launch a terminal app (Terminal Emulator or Termux) and type "props" (or "su props") and follow the text prompts.
    Enable "Force BASIC attestation". Then "Edit device fingerprint" and pick a certified one closest to your device (same model, Android version is negligible). Note that Xiaomi and Redmi are two different options, if you have a Redmi.
    After rebooting it should pass SafetyNet.

For apps "detecting root" look into the "Deny List" option in the Magisk app and add it there.
    Is this based on the August patch or the September patch
    I'm running this exact version and it says August 5 in the settings menu.
    maybe private compute services and android system intelligence does the learning part. so, without these two won't work! this is just guess. I'm not sure!
    Might be, thanks for this. From what I gathered before Device Health Services from Gapps supposedly store the data. It always comes up if someone asks about resetting brightness data. However, I'm unable to check, being on MicroG. And for what it's worth, I neither found an alternative nor has anyone replied regarding this.

One thing to note about your guess, the brightness does stick temporarily, leaving a custom response level for more or less a day, regardless of restarting the device or not.

I don't know what to make of this.
    It is within Magisk settings, the gear icon in the top right of Magisk's "Home" screen.
    Add it there and it should not be detectable.
    Thanks, idk how i could have missed it. I must have been tired that day. It's working now. Let's sée if it also resilves thé fact that Android auto doesn't start.
    2okPze5.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 11.0 (R), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

Downloads
    Here

Flashing instructions
    Here

Sources
    LineageOS
    I was struggling with passing safetynet + cts in particular but in the end this seems to have worked (if anyone is sturggling with this):
    - magisk 24 + zygisk + hide magisk app
    - denylist: google play services cms + cms.unstable
    - universal safetyfix 2.2.1
    - hide props: Google Pixel 5 A11
    When I put a call on speaker, the other party does not hear me anymore. I'm sure this worked at one point, don't know when/how it broke. Anyone else with that issue?
    The problematic line is
    Code:
    ro.vendor.audio.sdk.fluencetype=none
    and it is fixed with changing it to
    Code:
    ro.vendor.audio.sdk.fluencetype=fluence
    Ok, then first los recovery, then lastest miui and then this rom.
    Thank you!
    no sir these are not the right steps:
    1 flash miui
    2 flash los recovery
    3 wipe from recovery
    4 flash rom
    5 flash gapps (optional)
    6 reboot and enjoy
    7 i usually flash magisk after first reboot