[ROM][R][OFFICIAL] LineageOS 18.1 for POCO M2 Pro / Redmi Note 9S / Redmi Note 9 Pro / Redmi Note 9 Pro Max [miatoll]

Search This thread

B0IIE

Mar 6, 2011
Flashed 19.1 on a original firmware, worked fine but audio is stuttering (plays 2s stops 0.5s all the time, all the apps). I read one has to flash lineage 18, then some firmware 18, then go to 19.1 or whatever. Is that the case ? Where can I get lineage 18 as all download places offer latest 19.1 ?
Help me please

Did you update your firmware before flashing 19.1? I think that this should do the trick and that it is not necessary to be on 18.1 firtst.

Here's a good summary of the steps you have to take.
I upgraded to LoS.19.1 yestereday on Curtana without problems and following the official upgrade procedure on Lineage OS website.
After 1 day of use everything working like expected..I tried calls, SMS, Data, Bluetooth and most of apps I was using on 18.1.

My upgrade steps:
Depending on your device you might need another firmware. I needed the EU version instead of the global verdion.

Reactions: DyXen

panachoi

maybe try what he did here with official lineage then you wouldn't have to wait for folks at microg for lineage for update! they usually support devices that lineage support officially and miatoll is not dropped by lineage. maybe they'll push update later.
I've given up building lineage from sources long ago; Its far too time consuming (even with the high-end hardware I have access to to build on) and at the end may or may not work. I know that its still supported, hence my wonderment that there were no more vaguely recent builds for it.

Update: HA! A new build appeared yesterday.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bismuth83

notoriginal10

Feb 2, 2022
Hi there, strange behavior question:
When I disable Aeroplane Mode, the system opens the Settings app, specifically the last page I opened by long pressing a quick tile in the status bar. This only seems to happen when the quick tile page is still in memory.

Example:
- Long press the "Location" tile in the status bar, opening Location settings
- (optional, clarification) Open the Settings app and notice there are two distinct entries for Settings when opening the recent apps list (expected)
- Press the home screen button to open your launcher
- Enable Aeroplane Mode from tbe quick tile, wait a couple of seconds
- Disable Aeroplane Mode from the quick tile, press the Home button immediately or wait

The "Location" settings will now automatically open, if you are on your launcher. If you waited in the status bar menu, swipe up to close it (the "Location" settings have opened beneath it).

Again, it is necessary that any settings page was opened from a quick tile. It will not happen if the specific settings screen was swiped away (closed) from the recent apps switcher.

Does this happen to anyone else?
It happened on the October build of LOS for MicroG, but is still present for me on the 221206 built. Clean flashed the October built, dirty flashed / updated to the new one.

Edit: Apparently also applies to the settings page you open by clicking on the app icon and then "App info" in the recent apps screen.

Last edited:

vadimuha

May 30, 2022
Is there any way to update without breaking root? I don't usually like to miss updates but once I update it breaks root and I can't use Google pay again. Is it possible to update without loosing root?

notoriginal10

Feb 2, 2022
Is there any way to update without breaking root? I don't usually like to miss updates but once I update it breaks root and I can't use Google pay again. Is it possible to update without loosing root?
Are you using the Lineage recovery? It may not support addon.d scripts to have Magisk or Gapps survive.
Try using OrangeFox recovery instead, or the unofficial FBEv2 version of TWRP from here:
Both support scripts which trigger after flashing an update, so anything using such a script (such as Magisk) will survive the updating process.

billyrich

Dec 1, 2022
If you are using LineageOS Recovery then you can use Lygisk.

Lygisk is a Magisk fork correcting one of the few mistakes legendary topjohnwu did not fix (yet).

Lygisk fixes the needed /data access in addon.d, which fails to reinstall Magisk during OTA if the device does not support FBE decryption in recovery.

Brought to you by Linux4 and programminghoch10.

Thanks to jesec for the initial work. Read more about this here.

vadimuha

May 30, 2022
If you are using LineageOS Recovery then you can use Lygisk.

Lygisk is a Magisk fork correcting one of the few mistakes legendary topjohnwu did not fix (yet).

Lygisk fixes the needed /data access in addon.d, which fails to reinstall Magisk during OTA if the device does not support FBE decryption in recovery.

Brought to you by Linux4 and programminghoch10.

Thanks to jesec for the initial work. Read more about this here.
Sounds promising

iotola66

Sep 28, 2022
I have been running the LineageOS 19.1 on my Note 9S since about September (and it keeping updated about every other week). Since I made the switch to Lineage I have had a problem with video playback stopping after a 1 to 2 days in several apps all at the same time (a reboot fixes it)
Apps where video playback stops include WhatsApp, Reddit (and clones), Facebook, Twitter, Messenger. I expect others may have failed but I tend to just reboot so will perform some more checks next time.
Given they all fail at the same time I think it must be either Lineage, a driver or a firmware issue.
I have been running the latest EU firmware since the end of November, (V13.0.2.0.SJWEUXM), prior to this I was running V13.0.1.0.
I have only seen one other report similar to this in this thread but no solution. So I am wondering if other people have this problem and if not any ideas why I might be experiencing it?

notoriginal10

Feb 2, 2022
I have been running the LineageOS 19.1 on my Note 9S since about September (and it keeping updated about every other week). Since I made the switch to Lineage I have had a problem with video playback stopping after a 1 to 2 days in several apps all at the same time (a reboot fixes it)
Apps where video playback stops include WhatsApp, Reddit (and clones), Facebook, Twitter, Messenger. I expect others may have failed but I tend to just reboot so will perform some more checks next time.
[...]

I have the same problem. I've had it in 18.1 and also in 19.1.I made a bug report but no follow-up.
Would that be comparable to Simple Gallery not playing videos and instead showing a black screen?
I recently had such an issue, but since my storage was almost full, I assumed it might have had something to do with that.

Right now it works for me, but upon reading your posts, I thought I'd add mine.

iotola66

Sep 28, 2022
Would that be comparable to Simple Gallery not playing videos and instead showing a black screen?
I recently had such an issue, but since my storage was almost full, I assumed it might have had something to do with that.

Right now it works for me, but upon reading your posts, I thought I'd add mine.
Mine just failed again which is the first time since you posted (I had seen a few reboots in the latest build). On testing my gallery app it fails on some videos, the sound works but no picture it just shows a static image, while some other videos worked fine. I think it might be something to do with the format, although they are all types of mp4. Reboot again fixes it.

VLC played the videos even before the reboot.

notoriginal10

Feb 2, 2022
Mine just failed again which is the first time since you posted (I had seen a few reboots in the latest build). On testing my gallery app it fails on some videos, the sound works but no picture it just shows a static image, while some other videos worked fine. I think it might be something to do with the format, although they are all types of mp4. Reboot again fixes it.

VLC played the videos even before the reboot.
Strange, I just tested Lineage's Gallery and it played fine, as well as Simple Gallery.
I never noticed it ever since and I rarely reboot my device.
One thing to note however, I'm on a LOS for MicroG build, but that shouldn't "improve" anything.
Maybe try a clean installation again. The only bigger issues I had over the last months were force-close ones, but these came from leftover addon.d scripts. (If you're on Orangefox Recovery, there's an option somewhere to delete these survival scripts. Maybe for Gapps, if you're using them)

Ud4ba

Jul 17, 2019
Xiaomi Redmi 4a
Redmi Note 9 Pro
Screenshot_20221229-003328_Settings.png

Anyone else is having problem with one-handed mode? To me seems always ON , and when i press to turn off nothing happens.

Bismuth83

Strange, I just tested Lineage's Gallery and it played fine, as well as Simple Gallery.
I never noticed it ever since and I rarely reboot my device.
One thing to note however, I'm on a LOS for MicroG build, but that shouldn't "improve" anything.
Maybe try a clean installation again. The only bigger issues I had over the last months were force-close ones, but these came from leftover addon.d scripts. (If you're on Orangefox Recovery, there's an option somewhere to delete these survival scripts. Maybe for Gapps, if you're using them)
just delete addon.d folder from a file manager or recovery

Steam.

Jun 7, 2012
Skopje
Given they all fail at the same time I think it must be either Lineage, a driver or a firmware issue.
I have been running the latest EU firmware since the end of November, (V13.0.2.0.SJWEUXM), prior to this I was running V13.0.1.0.
I have only seen one other report similar to this in this thread but no solution. So I am wondering if other people have this problem and if not any ideas why I might be experiencing it?
Same here, on pixelexperience and lineageos too. Reboot fixes it.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Does anyone still have a copy of the latest los 19 for miatoll?
    Phone decided to stop booting today, maybe I could save it with that.

EDIT: "lineage-19.1-20230802-microG-miatoll.zip" would be perfect, but a regular LOS build would do.

2okPze5.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 11.0 (R), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

Downloads
    Here

Flashing instructions
    Here

Sources
    LineageOS
    I was struggling with passing safetynet + cts in particular but in the end this seems to have worked (if anyone is sturggling with this):
    - magisk 24 + zygisk + hide magisk app
    - denylist: google play services cms + cms.unstable
    - universal safetyfix 2.2.1
    - hide props: Google Pixel 5 A11
    When I put a call on speaker, the other party does not hear me anymore. I'm sure this worked at one point, don't know when/how it broke. Anyone else with that issue?
    The problematic line is
    Code:
    ro.vendor.audio.sdk.fluencetype=none
    and it is fixed with changing it to
    Code:
    ro.vendor.audio.sdk.fluencetype=fluence
    Ok, then first los recovery, then lastest miui and then this rom.
    Thank you!
    no sir these are not the right steps:
    1 flash miui
    2 flash los recovery
    3 wipe from recovery
    4 flash rom
    5 flash gapps (optional)
    6 reboot and enjoy
    7 i usually flash magisk after first reboot