[ROM][R][OFFICIAL] LineageOS 18.1 for POCO M2 Pro / Redmi Note 9S / Redmi Note 9 Pro / Redmi Note 9 Pro Max [miatoll]

Search This thread

dmenezes

Oct 22, 2013
I installed the last microg version: lineage-18.1-20220704-microG-miatoll
So far so good...

I wasn't aware there was a version of this ROM with microG (which I presume is some sort of built-in GApps).

Can you please tell us where you got it? I already looked at the default download location (https://download.lineageos.org/miatoll) and there's nothing with 'microG' there... :-/

Last edited:
Reactions: Ud4ba

dmenezes

Oct 22, 2013
There are some changes pushed today with new update. This resolves the most problems i think.
Anyone else tried todays update?

3.07 update, so far so good. Still testing...

Can confirm the Update from 3rd July works like intended in getting calls. I got the update yesterday. This evening I still can get calls. Switching in "Settings - Network and Internet - Mobile Settings - Advanced" does nof crash the settings anymore

I confirm, the problems with wifi and gsm solved the problems with the update for July 3

So, is the 20220703 update reeeeally good? No one having any problems?

Would like a final confirmation before jumping in (having a working phone is really critical for me).

teksupport_

Oct 18, 2021
Anyone?

I also found a weird thing now occuring usg VLC.
It continues to ask me for files permission, even though it already has it. Regardless of granting access to the whole storage or limited (DCIM, Downloads, Movies), it always prompts the dialog to grant the permission on deleting a video. The permission page then opens and shows the toggle as already enabled. Maybe a VLC bug, but I can't find anything on the internet.
Could someone test this as well?
I can confirm the VLC issue. It's probably a VLC bug since it only asks once per session. Eg it won't prompt again if u try to delete any file after deletion of 1 file

Reactions: notoriginal10

dmenezes

Oct 22, 2013
Which camera app are you guys using?

GCam, not as full-featured as the ANXCamera I was used to with unofficial, but working ok nonetheless and the panorama mode works much better:

This APK:
MGC_8.1.101_A9_GV1zfix_ENG.apk

With this config file:
PowerShot-BSG-A9-GVu--by-GL-Foto-Mobile.xml

Downloaded from:
https://www.celsoazevedo.com/files/android/google-camera/dev-bsg/f/dl75/

As recommended here:
https://xdaforums.com/t/rom-r-offic...-note-9-pro-max-miatoll.4394135/post-86786241

Hope this helps!

Reactions: Ud4ba

Ud4ba

Jul 17, 2019
Xiaomi Redmi 4a
Redmi Note 9 Pro

GCam, not as full-featured as the ANXCamera I was used to with unofficial, but working ok nonetheless and the panorama mode works much better:

This APK:
MGC_8.1.101_A9_GV1zfix_ENG.apk

With this config file:
PowerShot-BSG-A9-GVu--by-GL-Foto-Mobile.xml

Downloaded from:
https://www.celsoazevedo.com/files/android/google-camera/dev-bsg/f/dl75/

As recommended here:
https://xdaforums.com/t/rom-r-offic...-note-9-pro-max-miatoll.4394135/post-86786241

Hope this helps!

I know that GCam is the best of all but its not open source.
GrapheneOS Camera would be similar with LineageOS stock camera.
Open Camera , for our phone at least has Camera2 API option at Open Camera settings. Fells that until now Open takes the best photos with decent sizes.(Havent tried Gcam)

notoriginal10

Feb 2, 2022
I can confirm the VLC issue. It's probably a VLC bug since it only asks once per session. Eg it won't prompt again if u try to delete any file after deletion of 1 file
Thanks, I assumed it was as of today.
I could not reproduce the issue on another phone on both LOS and the same VLC version, but today I found an old similar report, which was enough for me to start over with the 3.5 VLC update (which presumably will overhaul storage permission management). Also will send a log there, now the culprit seems clear.
It's funny though, how the toggle is already enabled after clicking in the popup to grant it, but backing out throws a failed error at the bottom, yet still deletes the file I want...

Still strange however, since it may align with revoking and re-granting storage permission, it seems to be unrelated again, if you haven't done the same. (FWIW, I have only permitted the same folders on both phones and the internal VLC log shows some directories being queried and denied, that I hadn't granted it access to)

But thank you anyway for confirming. :)

kalehrl

Nov 22, 2017
Even with the latest build, Instagram and Messenger videos stop loading after a few days.

kalehrl

Nov 22, 2017
Has anyone found a solution to Instagram, Facebook, Messenger not loading videos after some time? Only reboot helps but it's very annoying! I'm on the latest build but older ones also have this problem.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    2okPze5.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 11.0 (R), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

Downloads
    Here

Flashing instructions
    Here

Sources
    LineageOS
    I was struggling with passing safetynet + cts in particular but in the end this seems to have worked (if anyone is sturggling with this):
    - magisk 24 + zygisk + hide magisk app
    - denylist: google play services cms + cms.unstable
    - universal safetyfix 2.2.1
    - hide props: Google Pixel 5 A11
    When I put a call on speaker, the other party does not hear me anymore. I'm sure this worked at one point, don't know when/how it broke. Anyone else with that issue?
    The problematic line is
    Code:
    ro.vendor.audio.sdk.fluencetype=none
    and it is fixed with changing it to
    Code:
    ro.vendor.audio.sdk.fluencetype=fluence
    Ok, then first los recovery, then lastest miui and then this rom.
    Thank you!
    no sir these are not the right steps:
    1 flash miui
    2 flash los recovery
    3 wipe from recovery
    4 flash rom
    5 flash gapps (optional)
    6 reboot and enjoy
    7 i usually flash magisk after first reboot