• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Development [ROM][R][OFFICIAL] LineageOS 18.1 for POCO X3 Pro [vayu]

Search This thread

gringo80

Jun 8, 2018
Suggestion to maintainer @SebaUbuntu .
Please retain the previous media controls which were changed in the 22nd October build. The new one may be optimised for bigger displays like tablets and in annoying on this phone as it takes up lots of space.

Before
View attachment 5445345

Before expanded
View attachment 5445347

After
View attachment 5445351
After(expanded)
View attachment 5445355
I think they will never return back ...
So, the only workaround is to download and flash the previous build from 2021-10-15 and dump (use TWRP) SystemUI folder to your sdcard ... Reflash the latest build again and do copy/past with RootExplorer and set the permissions "0644" for SystemUI.apk /"0755" for its oat folder !

Lu5ck

Dec 18, 2013
I have made a pull request for enabling call recording, hopefully it will be approved.

I could do a pull request for the systemUI but no idea where to set that config

Last edited:

Lu5ck

Dec 18, 2013
Hey I think the pull requests are not device specific and are generic to lineage and may be dismissed. Maybe you can try contacting seba through telegram (I don't have one) and get his response towards this. Thanks.
ermm........
i understood the problem
screen width vs screen height
modern phone now has more than 800 screen width but not so much on screen height on landscape

there pull request

Last edited:

Vivitsu

Jan 30, 2018
Can anyone please tell me whether these will be right sequence of steps to flash LOS?

1. Unlock bootloader & boot into MIUI.
2. Transfer LOS+GAPPS to internal storage.
2. Boot into fastboot mode, flash TWRP & reboot to recovery
3. Wipe-> Advanced wipe-> Select Dalvik, Data & Cache.
4. Flash LOS+GAPPS
5. Wipe-> Format data -> Type 'yes'.
6. Reboot to system.

Also I am using stock MIUI 12.0.4. So, do I need to flash some firmware or skip it?

dey18

Sep 11, 2021
Xiaomi Poco X3 Pro
Can anyone please tell me whether these will be right sequence of steps to flash LOS?

4. Flash LOS+GAPPS
6. Reboot to system.

Also I am using stock MIUI 12.0.4. So, do I need to flash some firmware or skip it?
Preferably use SD card or otg or sideload as storage might be encrypted. Recommended to not use DFE. Skipping firmware upgrade is recommended as newer firmwares are known to cause hardbricks. I personally use and used los recovery but it is your choice. Ofox is also available so check whichever is stable and go with it. Fully read instructions in los website.

Reactions: Vivitsu

d_g_m_2000

Jul 6, 2015
Samsung Galaxy S9
Xiaomi Mi A2

4. Flash LOS+GAPPS
6. Reboot to system.

in my case i use the official lineage method with the 12.5.5 firmware. but lineage is not a google play certificated device rom... but arrow os is. hope you make it!

Reactions: Vivitsu

KuntalBiswas

Nov 2, 2016
Hello. I tried to install lineage os using the official instructions, but the device is stuck on the lineage loading screen on first boot. I have completely cleaned the data partition before installing. Before this, I was on miui 12.5.4. Crdroid is working on this device, as of now. I am using orangefox recovery. Any help? I would like to use pure Lineage os on this device, without gapps. Thanks in advance!

SoyDPR

Jun 15, 2019
any solution for ghost touches? It happens to me with almost all the roms I have read what usually happens in this mobile and it is a software failure

d_g_m_2000

Jul 6, 2015
Samsung Galaxy S9
Xiaomi Mi A2
Hello. I tried to install lineage os using the official instructions, but the device is stuck on the lineage loading screen on first boot. I have completely cleaned the data partition before installing. Before this, I was on miui 12.5.4. Crdroid is working on this device, as of now. I am using orangefox recovery. Any help? I would like to use pure Lineage os on this device, without gapps. Thanks in advance!
did you use lineage recovery? or orangefox recovery?

KuntalBiswas

Nov 2, 2016
any solution for ghost touches? It happens to me with almost all the roms I have read what usually happens in this mobile and it is a software failure
It's supposed to be due to the display panel. Two different manufacturers make display panels for this phone, and one of them is plagued by this ghost touch issue.

d_g_m_2000

Jul 6, 2015
Samsung Galaxy S9
Xiaomi Mi A2
Tried using both. Same result.
after unlocking the bootloader, go to the folder where you have the adb files and open a cmd window:
0.- <adb devices> to check if your device is recognized by the pc
1.- <adb reboot bootloader>
2.- <fastboot devices> to check if your pc have the drivers installed and recognize your device
3.- <fastboot flash recovery "recovery_filename".img> (i recommend lineage recovery)
4.- <fastboot reboot> and immediately press and hold "vol up" until recovery appears
5.- Now tap Factory Reset, then Format data / factory reset and continue with the formatting process. This will remove encryption and delete all files stored in the internal storage, as well as format your cache partition (if you have one).
6.- Return to the main menu
7.- On the device, select “Apply Update”, then “Apply from ADB” to begin sideload.
8.- On the host machine, sideload the package using: <adb sideload "rom_name.zip"> it's gonna stop at 47% in the cmd window but the flash process will continue as normal...
9.- since you said that opengapps is a No for you, once you have installed everything successfully, click the back arrow in the top left of the screen, then “Reboot system now”
the first boot is always the slowest
and always performance a cleans flash (preferably from stock rom)
hope you can make it

also, this youtuber help me a lot with his tutorial.. perharps it can help you also.
<
>

d_g_m_2000

Jul 6, 2015
Samsung Galaxy S9
Xiaomi Mi A2
Yes I know, but I use custom rom, would I have to install that version and then change to custom?
Unfortunately yes, most devs always recommend to have the very last update stock firmware installed... unless they specifically say otherwise. so you need to reflash stock rom (12.5.5) and then flash custom roms...
1636132942243.png
👀

Last edited:

berkely

Dec 15, 2012
Hi,
So I thought to update through the phone and get the latest security patch on my Poco X3 Pro without actually properly reading the update description and bang LOS 18.1 installed just like that, great :giggle:. I lost root access but that was an easy fix. Everything else seems to work just fine.

One thing if I may ask... how do I get the camera working from the lockscreen without unlocking my phone? I miss this like crazy but simply cannot find how to do this.
Thx.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Just installed LOS on my Poco X3 Pro and i have to say that at the moment all runs OK. I found no bugs.
    But... there is something that i miss, in CrDoid i have options to restart to recovery but in LOS i can't see that option.
    Settings > System > Advanced > Gestures > Power Menu and enable Advanced restart
    Official recovery = LOS recovery

and

If you want to root your device, you must use TWRP and Magisk. Note that the OTA update with LOS recovery does not preserve Magisk (i.e. root), unlike TWRP.
    it's a problem from Magisk an encrypted /data partion wit LOS Recovery. with twrp the partition has to be decrypted before the update is imported. therefore it works with twrp. But there is lygist - a fork of magisk with a patch. the magist developer has not interested to install the patch for months. uses lygisk and an ota update works with Lineageos recovery. I use it on all my devices without any problems.
    Yes, the stock camera app is buggy.
    I recently discovered it is because for whatever reason the maintainer added the stock camera to "vendor.camera.aux.packagelist" which afaik historically has issue with aux therefore usually is added to "vendor.camera.aux.packageexcludelist" instead.

Unfortunately, I am busy to upload an pull request for it. Anyone free can upload an pull request to change that. While at it, also add opencamera amd whatever robust cameras to the packagelist.

I also having the telegram outgoing call mic bug, unfortunately I don't have time to test it to determine exactly what going on with that.

At the meantime, feel free to spam the maintainer to fix the problems! :D
    Hi everyone !

I'm testing that rom for two weeks. The battery is really excellent, all the system and apps are working smoothly. Quite everything works fine except two things.
    First i can't make videos with the camera app (''video failed'').
    Second, Android auto can't connect with my car. The phone is recognised by wire and paired with Bluetooth but i can't use Android auto at all.
    Any idea about these troubles ?
    1. Use GCam for "First" (see my previous post) because video recording fails with stock camera app.

2. No sweat with Android auto.
    No you dont, i'm on 12.5.4 aswell. (EEA) If there is an MIUI update you can just flash small firmware update package from HERE without reflashing the ROM but it's not mandatory unless it's some major big update (like from Android 11 to 12)
    2okPze5.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 11.0 (R), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

Downloads
    Here

Flashing instructions
    Here

Sources:
    LineageOS

Happy modding!
    Thanks for finally releasing LineageOS, but you devs are 3 months too late... ArrowOS has inadvertently stolen my heart in your absence, lol.
    Someone asked?
    New update out
    Thanks for finally releasing LineageOS, but you devs are 3 months too late... ArrowOS has inadvertently stolen my heart in your absence, lol.
    The next build should be official (thanks to SebaUbuntu) - https://www.lineageoslog.com/18.1/vayu