• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Development [ROM][R][OFFICIAL] LineageOS 18.1 for POCO X3 Pro [vayu]

Search This thread

eriol1

Feb 16, 2015
Hi,
So I thought to update through the phone and get the latest security patch on my Poco X3 Pro without actually properly reading the update description and bang LOS 18.1 installed just like that, great :giggle:. I lost root access but that was an easy fix. Everything else seems to work just fine.

One thing if I may ask... how do I get the camera working from the lockscreen without unlocking my phone? I miss this like crazy but simply cannot find how to do this.
Thx.
Settings > System > (Advanced) > Gestures > Quickly open camera

Last edited:

jpl90

Feb 28, 2012
Hi! I'm about to unlock the BL so as to later proceed installing LOS. I want to try first not installing any gapps and see if I can survive :D.
There is though something which is still not clear to me: will banking apps, etc work in LOS? I understood I won't need my phone to be rooted, but I don't know yet if non root in a custom Rom is enough for those apps to work...
Thanks!

eriol1

Feb 16, 2015
Hi! I'm about to unlock the BL so as to later proceed installing LOS. I want to try first not installing any gapps and see if I can survive :D.
There is though something which is still not clear to me: will banking apps, etc work in LOS? I understood I won't need my phone to be rooted, but I don't know yet if non root in a custom Rom is enough for those apps to work...
Thanks!
Depends on the bank/app.
I've had some banking apps that work on rooted los without even using anything to hide root.

Reactions: ChriMo

AleLuiA_25

May 8, 2011
any solution for ghost touches? It happens to me with almost all the roms I have read what usually happens in this mobile and it is a software failure
Install Xiaomi.eu rom, is the first time I can use that smartphone without the ghost Touch, I prefer ROMs like Arrow or LOS, but xiaomi.eu have my bless for restore that problem and I never change the rom if other rom's can't solve this...

Last edited:
Reactions: ChriMo

HastaPasta

Oct 11, 2021
I hit a minor issue with an app, not sure if there might be a setting to correct this??

The app needs to receive a PIN via SMS to activate. The app will only read the SMS (cannot enter PIN manually)

Unfortunately the auto read SMS does not work !!

eriol1

Feb 16, 2015
I hit a minor issue with an app, not sure if there might be a setting to correct this??

The app needs to receive a PIN via SMS to activate. The app will only read the SMS (cannot enter PIN manually)

Unfortunately the auto read SMS does not work !!
Does giving the app SMS permission before starting it help?

Lu5ck

Dec 18, 2013
Hello. I tried to install lineage os using the official instructions, but the device is stuck on the lineage loading screen on first boot. I have completely cleaned the data partition before installing. Before this, I was on miui 12.5.4. Crdroid is working on this device, as of now. I am using orangefox recovery. Any help? I would like to use pure Lineage os on this device, without gapps. Thanks in advance!

late reply but it sounds like there are incompatible residues from your prior installations
you could try removing the recovery script, particularly the gapp's
i think orangefox has a one click option to do that

if that doesn't work
i advise to use los recovery and format everything through it

if that still doesn't work
you might need to reflash xiaomi stock using the fastboot to clean everything up

of course, this is all assuming from the basis that you not flashing any gapps along with los

HastaPasta

Oct 11, 2021
FWIW, today I happened to use an app with pin verification by SMS, and it worked (auto typed pin from SMS) even though the app has no permissions granted :unsure:
It's a bank app with added security... I'll drop the idea for now... I'm sensing couple things not working 100% but its much better than stock ROM overall for me..

lucasymax

Apr 16, 2019
veracruz
I am planning to install the recovery and lineage rom to my poco x3 pro. My question is: how do I leave it from the factory (original) when I sell it? reflash with Miflash tool? no problem with any partition? thanks in advance

NCi5

Apr 8, 2017
Nobody hears me during outgoing Telegram calls; incoming Telegram calls work fine. Anyone else has this problem, any advice?

Updating LineageOS to latest version, reflashing latest firmware, nuking Telegram or its settings, reapplying permissions didn't help.

Reactions: irspider

Top Liked Posts

cheers, but im more bothered about setting up all apps and setting again, hence wanting to recover LOS from a backup once L1 is restored
    DRM are not stored in /data ... yes you can restore your LOS backup from TWRP
    Just installed LOS on my Poco X3 Pro and i have to say that at the moment all runs OK. I found no bugs.
    But... there is something that i miss, in CrDoid i have options to restart to recovery but in LOS i can't see that option.
    Settings > System > Advanced > Gestures > Power Menu and enable Advanced restart
    Official recovery = LOS recovery

and

If you want to root your device, you must use TWRP and Magisk. Note that the OTA update with LOS recovery does not preserve Magisk (i.e. root), unlike TWRP.
    it's a problem from Magisk an encrypted /data partion wit LOS Recovery. with twrp the partition has to be decrypted before the update is imported. therefore it works with twrp. But there is lygist - a fork of magisk with a patch. the magist developer has not interested to install the patch for months. uses lygisk and an ota update works with Lineageos recovery. I use it on all my devices without any problems.
    Yes, the stock camera app is buggy.
    I recently discovered it is because for whatever reason the maintainer added the stock camera to "vendor.camera.aux.packagelist" which afaik historically has issue with aux therefore usually is added to "vendor.camera.aux.packageexcludelist" instead.

Unfortunately, I am busy to upload an pull request for it. Anyone free can upload an pull request to change that. While at it, also add opencamera amd whatever robust cameras to the packagelist.

I also having the telegram outgoing call mic bug, unfortunately I don't have time to test it to determine exactly what going on with that.

At the meantime, feel free to spam the maintainer to fix the problems! :D
    Hi everyone !

I'm testing that rom for two weeks. The battery is really excellent, all the system and apps are working smoothly. Quite everything works fine except two things.
    First i can't make videos with the camera app (''video failed'').
    Second, Android auto can't connect with my car. The phone is recognised by wire and paired with Bluetooth but i can't use Android auto at all.
    Any idea about these troubles ?
    1. Use GCam for "First" (see my previous post) because video recording fails with stock camera app.

2. No sweat with Android auto.
    cheers, but im more bothered about setting up all apps and setting again, hence wanting to recover LOS from a backup once L1 is restored
    DRM are not stored in /data ... yes you can restore your LOS backup from TWRP
    2okPze5.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 11.0 (R), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

Downloads
    Here

Flashing instructions
    Here

Sources:
    LineageOS

Happy modding!
    Thanks for finally releasing LineageOS, but you devs are 3 months too late... ArrowOS has inadvertently stolen my heart in your absence, lol.
    Someone asked?
    New update out
    Thanks for finally releasing LineageOS, but you devs are 3 months too late... ArrowOS has inadvertently stolen my heart in your absence, lol.
    The next build should be official (thanks to SebaUbuntu) - https://www.lineageoslog.com/18.1/vayu